Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 31

post #301 of 67229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.7 View Post

I already called gigabyte and complained about the lack of LLC in Rev1.0 boards, they told me screw off and go buy Rev 1.1.
I'm about to pull the trigger on this: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme4/
Thoughts?
Honestly, the best amd mobos right now are made by asus sad to say (since they are screwing the non r2.0 users over I think). They have their digi+ vrms, uefi, an actual functioning LLC, and some other features.
post #302 of 67229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.7 View Post

Does anyone know how good AsRock's 990FX boards are? I know the make good Intel boards, but I have no experience regarding AMDs.
I have only built 2 machines with Asrock boards - both uATX FM2 boards for my grandkids .
The boards seem to be of good quality and have had no issues at all over the last couple of weeks - no complaints at all . but I have not had experience with their 990fx boards but I would not expect any issues . That said I personally prefer Gigabyte .
post #303 of 67229
LLC is pointless....

i can set the voltage in my bios to 1.55 and get 1.5 volts under load. Which is all i need to run at 5ghz. on my 8120. LLC or not, it doesn't matter. LLC just gives you a setting in bios to toy with to correct V-drop issues. It doesn't allow you to get better overclocks for people who know what they are doing, and can set the bios voltage to what is required to get the correct voltage under load, its simple.

I do not study gigabyte boards, so forgive me if they heatsinks are the same, just figured it was a 970 board and they were not.

About the memory. Bulldozer and Piledriver both only support 1866 ram in two memory slots. Not 4. Thus if you are running 4 sticks of ram, you stress the memory controller more, and will not achieve the same clock rates if you had 2 memory sticks.
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
post #304 of 67229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebduncan View Post

LLC is pointless....
i can set the voltage in my bios to 1.55 and get 1.5 volts under load. Which is all i need to run at 5ghz. on my 8120. LLC or not, it doesn't matter. LLC just gives you a setting in bios to toy with to correct V-drop issues. It doesn't allow you to get better overclocks for people who know what they are doing, and can set the bios voltage to what is required to get the correct voltage under load, its simple.
I do not study gigabyte boards, so forgive me if they heatsinks are the same, just figured it was a 970 board and they were not.
About the memory. Bulldozer and Piledriver both only support 1866 ram in two memory slots. Not 4. Thus if you are running 4 sticks of ram, you stress the memory controller more, and will not achieve the same clock rates if you had 2 memory sticks.

Are you saying VDrop issues have absolutely zero effects on overclock stability?
Gaming n' Stuff
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Gigabyte Z77 Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3X 16GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
90GB Corsair SSD + 2TB Raid Corsair H100 Windows 8.1 2x Asus PA248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate SeaSonic X-1250 HAF 932 Beyerdynamic DT-990 600ohm w/ Soundblaster ZX 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming n' Stuff
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Gigabyte Z77 Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3X 16GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
90GB Corsair SSD + 2TB Raid Corsair H100 Windows 8.1 2x Asus PA248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate SeaSonic X-1250 HAF 932 Beyerdynamic DT-990 600ohm w/ Soundblaster ZX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #305 of 67229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.7 View Post

I already called gigabyte and complained about the lack of LLC in Rev1.0 boards, they told me screw off and go buy Rev 1.1.
I'm about to pull the trigger on this: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme4/
Thoughts?
If the build quality is as good as their FM2 boards - and I would be surprised if it was not , I would say it would be a good board .
That said - I am sticking with my UD3 (rev 1.0) I do not really understand LLC and if I do not understand it I probably don't need it .
post #306 of 67229
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.7 View Post

I already called gigabyte and complained about the lack of LLC in Rev1.0 boards, they told me screw off and go buy Rev 1.1.
I'm about to pull the trigger on this: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme4/
Thoughts?

Probably because it's a hardware thing and they can't magicly add it to the board via software... That's why I didn't tell you to call them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auraofjason View Post

Honestly, the best amd mobos right now are made by asus sad to say (since they are screwing the non r2.0 users over I think). They have their digi+ vrms, uefi, an actual functioning LLC, and some other features.

My LLC is working just fine, that's why I said to call Giga. It's very likely a BIOS issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebduncan View Post

*stuff*.

... Just go read my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony-tail View Post

If the build quality is as good as their FM2 boards - and I would be surprised if it was not , I would say it would be a good board .
That said - I am sticking with my UD3 (rev 1.0) I do not really understand LLC and if I do not understand it I probably don't need it .

LLC holds voltage steady and helps to solidify stability.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 2x AMD R9-FuryX 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 2x Acer XR341CK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake X9 Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 Objective2+ODAC REV B Sound Blaster ZxR Audio Technica AT2020 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 2x AMD R9-FuryX 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 2x Acer XR341CK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake X9 Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 Objective2+ODAC REV B Sound Blaster ZxR Audio Technica AT2020 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #307 of 67229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.7 View Post

Does anyone know how good AsRock's 990FX boards are? I know the make good Intel boards, but I have no experience regarding AMDs.
I have the 990fx extreme 3 , good stable board for stock speeds. It has terrible v droop though when trying to push it and i have yet to get a decent FSB speed out of it. No comparison between it and my MSI boards - the GD 70's have been good to me.... look at the 960T overclock in my signature smile.gif
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #308 of 67229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.7 View Post

Does anyone know how good AsRock's 990FX boards are? I know the make good Intel boards, but I have no experience regarding AMDs.
I'm using an ASRock 990FX Extreme4 board and really like it. I'm able to run my 8120 at 4.6ghz @ 1.438v stable, though cooling is a problem. I Also think they are a good value compared to the Asus boards. If you get one though, get either the 990FX fatality or the Extreme4, because the Extreme3 does not have 8+2phase power.
Research computer
(10 items)
 
Backup Rig
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8120 Gigabyte 970A-D3 Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Seagate Barracuda 1TB Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Coolermaster Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
Research computer
(10 items)
 
Backup Rig
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8120 Gigabyte 970A-D3 Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Seagate Barracuda 1TB Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Coolermaster Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #309 of 67229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.7 View Post

Are you saying VDrop issues have absolutely zero effects on overclock stability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Probably because it's a hardware thing and they can't magicly add it to the board via software... That's why I didn't tell you to call them.
My LLC is working just fine, that's why I said to call Giga. It's very likely a BIOS issue.
... Just go read my post.
LLC holds voltage steady and helps to solidify stability.

like these guys are saying - LLC plays a lowkey but vital role when your cpu is overclocked. that is exactly why they're included in the bios for the more expensive boards.
Narada
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1920X @4.1ghz Asus Zenith Extreme EVGA 1080 FTW G.Skill Trident RGB 32gb 3200mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Raid 0 Kingston Hyper X SSD LG 34" UWHD EVGA 1600W G2 W100 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Narada
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1920X @4.1ghz Asus Zenith Extreme EVGA 1080 FTW G.Skill Trident RGB 32gb 3200mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Raid 0 Kingston Hyper X SSD LG 34" UWHD EVGA 1600W G2 W100 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #310 of 67229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.7 View Post

Are you saying VDrop issues have absolutely zero effects on overclock stability?

LOL absolutely, there is no need for stable voltage in any oc....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club