Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 3079

post #30781 of 67374
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Monster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

You apparently have not seen, or built one since 2009. my current ( and the one previous ) scale beautifully to all 4 GPU's.
Lol...yeah OK, if you keep telling yourself that eventually you may start to believe it. o_0

I can, and will prove it empirically. the thing people like you forget is that this stuff is quantifiable, measurable. The fact that you have a case of sour grapes, or whatever your problem is , does not change the fact that @ 5760 x 1080 Dirt 3 for example runs at 90 fps in trifire and 122 fps in quad. This is typical result in games and in benchmarks.

I have built, use, and benchmark quadfire machines for years now. i have folder upon folders of evidence supporting my experience, not just some( i suppose you consider a pithy phrase)
lets see your evidence.

" Lol...yeah OK, if you keep running those quadfire tests with the same successful scaling results, you will believe it." (fixed)

told ya !

in other news 14.1 does not likes meh !

Oh noes!

In all seriousness though, checklist:

Did you disable Crossfire?
Did you try a clean driver install?
Does it work fine on other computers you own?
What's the problem you're having?
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30782 of 67374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

I can, and will prove it empirically. the thing people like you forget is that this stuff is quantifiable, measurable. The fact that you have a case of sour grapes, or whatever your problem is , does not change the fact that @ 5760 x 1080 Dirt 3 for example runs at 90 fps in trifire and 122 fps in quad. This is typical result in games and in benchmarks.

I have built, use, and benchmark quadfire machines for years now. i have folder upon folders of evidence supporting my experience, not just some( i suppose you consider a pithy phrase)
lets see your evidence.
Good for you buddy, I'm an engineer at Fujitsu, and previously IBM... so I guess that counts as experience too, no?
And I'm not going to be goaded into a competition to see who can post the most benchmark results. It's common knowledge quadfire scales poorly hence why hardly anybody uses it......
I understand some people have epeen complex, but quadfired 290's is not a good investment,.......only good for benching, deny it all u want... but hey at the end of the day it's your money....wink.gif
Noobinator
(20 items)
 
Lounge.
(12 items)
 
Office
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 @4.8 ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550 Kingston HyperX Black 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Cooler Master Hyper N620 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 2x Sony Trinitron G520  AcBel M8 750 Cooler Master HAF XM 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Steel Series QcK Audigy 2 Platinum Ex & 5.1 Sony/Wharfedale Logitech G15 v2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 @4.4Ghz  M5A97-EVO Sapphire 6950 Dirt 3 880/1375 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200  ThermalTake Win7 64 Samsung 24" LED/LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cheapo AcBel R8 700W Thermaltake Frio G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II 255 ASUS M4A87/USB3 8800GTX Vengance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Thermaltake Silent Boost W7 64 24" AOC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS AcBel 550W Generic Generic 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Noobinator
(20 items)
 
Lounge.
(12 items)
 
Office
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 @4.8 ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550 Kingston HyperX Black 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Cooler Master Hyper N620 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 2x Sony Trinitron G520  AcBel M8 750 Cooler Master HAF XM 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Steel Series QcK Audigy 2 Platinum Ex & 5.1 Sony/Wharfedale Logitech G15 v2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 @4.4Ghz  M5A97-EVO Sapphire 6950 Dirt 3 880/1375 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200  ThermalTake Win7 64 Samsung 24" LED/LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cheapo AcBel R8 700W Thermaltake Frio G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II 255 ASUS M4A87/USB3 8800GTX Vengance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Thermaltake Silent Boost W7 64 24" AOC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS AcBel 550W Generic Generic 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30783 of 67374
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Monster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

I can, and will prove it empirically. the thing people like you forget is that this stuff is quantifiable, measurable. The fact that you have a case of sour grapes, or whatever your problem is , does not change the fact that @ 5760 x 1080 Dirt 3 for example runs at 90 fps in trifire and 122 fps in quad. This is typical result in games and in benchmarks.

I have built, use, and benchmark quadfire machines for years now. i have folder upon folders of evidence supporting my experience, not just some( i suppose you consider a pithy phrase)
lets see your evidence.
Good for you buddy, I'm an engineer at Fujitsu, and previously IBM... so I guess that counts as experience too, no?
And I'm not going to be goaded into a competition to see who can post the most benchmark results. It's common knowledge quadfire scales poorly hence why hardly anybody uses it...... I understand some people have epeen complex, but quadfired 290's is not a good investment,....... deny it all u want... and hey at the end of the day it's your money....wink.gif

Why would either of those things help you at all in a GPU scaling debate?

You know you're arguing with a reviewer whose job involves testing the very thing you're arguing about, right?
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30784 of 67374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Monster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

I can, and will prove it empirically. the thing people like you forget is that this stuff is quantifiable, measurable. The fact that you have a case of sour grapes, or whatever your problem is , does not change the fact that @ 5760 x 1080 Dirt 3 for example runs at 90 fps in trifire and 122 fps in quad. This is typical result in games and in benchmarks.

I have built, use, and benchmark quadfire machines for years now. i have folder upon folders of evidence supporting my experience, not just some( i suppose you consider a pithy phrase)
lets see your evidence.
Good for you buddy, I'm an engineer at Fujitsu, and previously IBM... so I guess that counts as experience too, no?
And I'm not going to be goaded into a competition to see who can post the most benchmark results. It's common knowledge quadfire scales poorly hence why hardly anybody uses it......
I understand some people have epeen complex, but quadfired 290's is not a good investment,.......only good for benching, deny it all u want... but hey at the end of the day it's your money....wink.gif

What does either of tho sew things have to do with multicard card scaling?. try with the title and all but the fac ts are .
1) i have followed multicard scaling by building and using them since the mastercard and slave with the exterior dongle.
2) I have built and use (and reviewed for that matter) every generation of GPU since the ATI 3000
3) I actually build and put to use these multicard machines everyday, its my job to know if they work or not.
4) you display your ignorance e of someone who once heard back in 2007 that four cards don't work and refuse to let go of it . You were correct pnce upon a time , but not now and not for long while.
5) I repeat i have mountains of empirical evidence that demonstrates that you are wrong which I will unveil with my upcoming AMD article
6) what do you have other than the accusation that I am making up for not being well endowed?
7) what being an engineer at Fujitsu has to do with multi card scaling ,I have no idea
Quote:
I'm an engineer at Fujitsu, and previously IBM... so I guess that counts as experience too, no
Quote:
you answered your own question ...NO. why would that be the equivalent to years of hands on experience with multicard crossfire...that doesn't even make sense...moving on
8) I see lots of typing from you , but nothing that addresses your assertion
10) even if I am compensating for less than generous proportions below the belt ( and its just not say my interest in high end graphics, that I am reviewer, or my job as a system builder, it still has no bearing on quadfire working. actually if you were not so lazy, it would take all of five minutes to find evidence right her at OCN that in fact 4 card AMD crossfire does work.

BTW, I went to college for micro electronics... what does that get me? PBBBT
any other irrelevancy you care to lob out there.

BTW, the epeen comment, personal insults are the first sign that someone has run out of intellectual ammunition

why don't you go lay down by your dish.

Edited by Red1776 - 2/11/14 at 11:21pm
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30785 of 67374
was that last bit in PM?

lol

anyone got some ready-pop?
Beast Schlampe
(17 items)
 
My Kaveri Project
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Fx-8370-e Crosshair V formula Z  Zotac GTX 780ti Amp edition Gskill trident 2400 @ 2400- 10-12-12-31-41 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x Adata SX900 128GB SSD in Raid 0 Zalman VE300 Deepcool Captain 360 Nzxt g10 + h110 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 pro Asus pg278Q lg 29' ultra wide ips Roccat Ryos glow MX black 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X850 Fractal Design Arc XL corsair m45 corsair massive keyboard and mouse pad 
Audio
Razer Kraken pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast Schlampe
(17 items)
 
My Kaveri Project
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Fx-8370-e Crosshair V formula Z  Zotac GTX 780ti Amp edition Gskill trident 2400 @ 2400- 10-12-12-31-41 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x Adata SX900 128GB SSD in Raid 0 Zalman VE300 Deepcool Captain 360 Nzxt g10 + h110 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 pro Asus pg278Q lg 29' ultra wide ips Roccat Ryos glow MX black 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X850 Fractal Design Arc XL corsair m45 corsair massive keyboard and mouse pad 
Audio
Razer Kraken pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30786 of 67374
le ouch.


Looking forward to the article though Red thumb.gif

Love to see what quad 290x's can do in the everyday situation smile.gif
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30787 of 67374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Monster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

I can, and will prove it empirically. the thing people like you forget is that this stuff is quantifiable, measurable. The fact that you have a case of sour grapes, or whatever your problem is , does not change the fact that @ 5760 x 1080 Dirt 3 for example runs at 90 fps in trifire and 122 fps in quad. This is typical result in games and in benchmarks.

I have built, use, and benchmark quadfire machines for years now. i have folder upon folders of evidence supporting my experience, not just some( i suppose you consider a pithy phrase)
lets see your evidence.
Good for you buddy, I'm an engineer at Fujitsu, and previously IBM... so I guess that counts as experience too, no?
And I'm not going to be goaded into a competition to see who can post the most benchmark results. It's common knowledge quadfire scales poorly hence why hardly anybody uses it......
I understand some people have epeen complex, but quadfired 290's is not a good investment,.......only good for benching, deny it all u want... but hey at the end of the day it's your money....wink.gif

What does either of tho sew things have to do with multicard card scaling?. try with the title and all but the fac ts are .
1) i have followed multicard scaling by building and using them since the mastercard and slave with the exterior dongle.
2) I have built and use (and reviewed for that matter) every generation of GPU since the ATI 3000
3) I actually build and put to use these multicard machines everyday, its my job to know if they work or not.
4) you display your ignorance e of someone who once heard back in 2007 that four cards don't work and refuse to let go of it . You were correct pnce upon a time , but not now and not for long while.
5) I repeat i have mountains of empirical evidence that demonstrates that you are wrong which I will unveil with my upcoming AMD article
6) what do you have other than the accusation that I am making up for not being well endowed?
7) what being an engineer at Fujitsu has to do with multi card scaling ,I have no idea
Quote:
I'm an engineer at Fujitsu, and previously IBM... so I guess that counts as experience too, no
Quote:
you answered your own question ...NO. why would that be the equivalent to years of hands on experience with multicard crossfire...that doesn't even make sense...moving on
8) I see lots of typing from you , but nothing that addresses your assertion
10) even if I am compensating for less than generous proportions below the belt ( and its just not say my interest in high end graphics, that I am reviewer, or my job as a system builder, it still has no bearing on quadfire working. actually if you were not so lazy, it would take all of five minutes to find evidence right her at OCN that in fact 4 card AMD crossfire does work.

BTW, I went to college for micro electronics... what does that get me? PBBBT
any other irrelevancy you care to lob out there.

BTW, the epeen comment, personal insults are the first sign that someone has run out of intellectual ammunition

why don't you go lay down by your dish.
Christ, you remind me of Justin from Corsair who wrote in his blog that BF4 fps increased by 25% with faster RAM. lol 3 weeks later he recanted.

Maybe u need a new hobby, no wonder even the mods from here go to G3D for advice.... or are u going to say AnandTech have no experience either?

These benchmark results are for your benefit not mine.....

54510.png54513.png

54503.png54507.png

54516.png54519.png


I think I've made my point.....have a nice day. wink.gif
Noobinator
(20 items)
 
Lounge.
(12 items)
 
Office
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 @4.8 ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550 Kingston HyperX Black 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Cooler Master Hyper N620 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 2x Sony Trinitron G520  AcBel M8 750 Cooler Master HAF XM 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Steel Series QcK Audigy 2 Platinum Ex & 5.1 Sony/Wharfedale Logitech G15 v2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 @4.4Ghz  M5A97-EVO Sapphire 6950 Dirt 3 880/1375 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200  ThermalTake Win7 64 Samsung 24" LED/LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cheapo AcBel R8 700W Thermaltake Frio G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II 255 ASUS M4A87/USB3 8800GTX Vengance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Thermaltake Silent Boost W7 64 24" AOC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS AcBel 550W Generic Generic 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Noobinator
(20 items)
 
Lounge.
(12 items)
 
Office
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 @4.8 ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550 Kingston HyperX Black 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Cooler Master Hyper N620 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 2x Sony Trinitron G520  AcBel M8 750 Cooler Master HAF XM 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Steel Series QcK Audigy 2 Platinum Ex & 5.1 Sony/Wharfedale Logitech G15 v2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 @4.4Ghz  M5A97-EVO Sapphire 6950 Dirt 3 880/1375 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200  ThermalTake Win7 64 Samsung 24" LED/LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cheapo AcBel R8 700W Thermaltake Frio G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II 255 ASUS M4A87/USB3 8800GTX Vengance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Thermaltake Silent Boost W7 64 24" AOC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS AcBel 550W Generic Generic 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30788 of 67374
... just waiting for the future smackdown that will soon be coming in tide, wonder if it will be in blocks or all at once

buttkick.gif

proof.gif

wonder if there will be a full rebuttle by the plaintiff
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30789 of 67374
Problem is those are CPU benches and evidence of PCI-e lane limitations at particular speeds. Besides they do show they work. But I assert that most reviews on those sites, most any do little in the way of investigative work nor do they offer legitimate results.

4 Way CF is NOT a plug and play setup. Most reviews are done as plug and play then assert that such setups don't work. I assert those reviewers be lined up and shot.

And when have you ever got the exact same results as most of those benches you posted? I get better results with my 7770x2, which is in FACT worse than a single 7970.

(And I just remembered, aren't you the one that came in here before trying to convince us all that you were the know-it-all guy even in other sites? I bet you are the same one. Man I loved the fact you were gone. Too bad it didn't last.) @ pill monster
post #30790 of 67374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Monster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Monster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

I can, and will prove it empirically. the thing people like you forget is that this stuff is quantifiable, measurable. The fact that you have a case of sour grapes, or whatever your problem is , does not change the fact that @ 5760 x 1080 Dirt 3 for example runs at 90 fps in trifire and 122 fps in quad. This is typical result in games and in benchmarks.

I have built, use, and benchmark quadfire machines for years now. i have folder upon folders of evidence supporting my experience, not just some( i suppose you consider a pithy phrase)
lets see your evidence.
Good for you buddy, I'm an engineer at Fujitsu, and previously IBM... so I guess that counts as experience too, no?
And I'm not going to be goaded into a competition to see who can post the most benchmark results. It's common knowledge quadfire scales poorly hence why hardly anybody uses it......
I understand some people have epeen complex, but quadfired 290's is not a good investment,.......only good for benching, deny it all u want... but hey at the end of the day it's your money....wink.gif

What does either of tho sew things have to do with multicard card scaling?. try with the title and all but the fac ts are .
1) i have followed multicard scaling by building and using them since the mastercard and slave with the exterior dongle.
2) I have built and use (and reviewed for that matter) every generation of GPU since the ATI 3000
3) I actually build and put to use these multicard machines everyday, its my job to know if they work or not.
4) you display your ignorance e of someone who once heard back in 2007 that four cards don't work and refuse to let go of it . You were correct pnce upon a time , but not now and not for long while.
5) I repeat i have mountains of empirical evidence that demonstrates that you are wrong which I will unveil with my upcoming AMD article
6) what do you have other than the accusation that I am making up for not being well endowed?
7) what being an engineer at Fujitsu has to do with multi card scaling ,I have no idea
Quote:
I'm an engineer at Fujitsu, and previously IBM... so I guess that counts as experience too, no
Quote:
you answered your own question ...NO. why would that be the equivalent to years of hands on experience with multicard crossfire...that doesn't even make sense...moving on
8) I see lots of typing from you , but nothing that addresses your assertion
10) even if I am compensating for less than generous proportions below the belt ( and its just not say my interest in high end graphics, that I am reviewer, or my job as a system builder, it still has no bearing on quadfire working. actually if you were not so lazy, it would take all of five minutes to find evidence right her at OCN that in fact 4 card AMD crossfire does work.

BTW, I went to college for micro electronics... what does that get me? PBBBT
any other irrelevancy you care to lob out there.

BTW, the epeen comment, personal insults are the first sign that someone has run out of intellectual ammunition

why don't you go lay down by your dish.
Christ, you remind me of Justin from Corsair who wrote in his blog that BF4 fps increased by 25% with faster RAM. lol 3 weeks later he recanted.

Maybe u need a new hobby, no wonder even the mods from here go to G3D for advice.... or are u going to say AnandTech have no experience either?

These benchmark results are for your benefit not mine.....

54510.png54513.png

54503.png54507.png

54516.png54519.png


I think I've made my point.....have a nice day. wink.gif

Well I stayed at a holiday inn express last night tongue.gif
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club