Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 3277

post #32761 of 67344
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

Looks nice thumb.gif

Thanks. The gpu cables annoy me tongue.gif custom sleeving one day.... rolleyes.gif
post #32762 of 67344
I use the Antec Software to control my fans.

Well I still have another Intel i5 build duplicate of the one I was using before this 8350 and I still have the parts to the intel build but after using the 8350 for gaming / streaming / youtube videos and comparing it in doing the same things vs an i7 4770k oc @ 4.5 I found no reason to go back to intel. In fact I saw very little difference and very little time saved by using the i7 that when I was looking to replace the i5 I went with the 8350 instead even though I had it in my budget to go with the i7.

I'm no overclock expert by any means but the reason I didn't go higher than 4.6 is because any higher voltage than what I currently have causes my system to lock up when running OCCT or Prime95
My temps currently idle around 33-35c and my max running OCCT 58-59c.
King
(14 items)
 
Queen
(12 items)
 
My Ultimate Rig
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-3570k @ 4.2 Gigabyte Z77 UP4 TH EVGA GTX 660 Ti  EVGA GTX 660 Ti 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb 1600Mhz Samsung 830 120Gb SSD Coolermaster 212 Evo Windows 8 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus 24'' 1080p 2ms  Corsair H750 Phantom 410 Black /w White trim Logitech G9X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-9590 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY8GX3M2A1600C9R 
Hard DrivePowerCaseOther
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB XFX P1-1250-BEFX Corsair C70 Vengeance Corsair h100i 
  hide details  
Reply
King
(14 items)
 
Queen
(12 items)
 
My Ultimate Rig
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-3570k @ 4.2 Gigabyte Z77 UP4 TH EVGA GTX 660 Ti  EVGA GTX 660 Ti 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb 1600Mhz Samsung 830 120Gb SSD Coolermaster 212 Evo Windows 8 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus 24'' 1080p 2ms  Corsair H750 Phantom 410 Black /w White trim Logitech G9X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-9590 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY8GX3M2A1600C9R 
Hard DrivePowerCaseOther
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB XFX P1-1250-BEFX Corsair C70 Vengeance Corsair h100i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32763 of 67344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apropo View Post

I use the Antec Software to control my fans.

Well I still have another Intel i5 build duplicate of the one I was using before this 8350 and I still have the parts to the intel build but after using the 8350 for gaming / streaming / youtube videos and comparing it in doing the same things vs an i7 4770k oc @ 4.5 I found no reason to go back to intel. In fact I saw very little difference and very little time saved by using the i7 that when I was looking to replace the i5 I went with the 8350 instead even though I had it in my budget to go with the i7.

I'm no overclock expert by any means but the reason I didn't go higher than 4.6 is because any higher voltage than what I currently have causes my system to lock up when running OCCT or Prime95
My temps currently idle around 33-35c and my max running OCCT 58-59c.

If you don't mind can you tell me what your liquid temp is at?
Jay
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.4Ghz at 1.36v GA 78LMT USB3 Rev 5.0 Sapphire R9 285 OC 16GB Kingston Savage Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital 500GB Seagate Barracuda Noctua NH-D15S Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerMouseMouse Pad
Asus MG279Q Fressync OCZ ZS 650 Watt PSU Dragonwar ELE-G9 Dragonwar 
  hide details  
Reply
Jay
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.4Ghz at 1.36v GA 78LMT USB3 Rev 5.0 Sapphire R9 285 OC 16GB Kingston Savage Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital 500GB Seagate Barracuda Noctua NH-D15S Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerMouseMouse Pad
Asus MG279Q Fressync OCZ ZS 650 Watt PSU Dragonwar ELE-G9 Dragonwar 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32764 of 67344
Quote:
@4.5Ghz, my socket hits 70 degrees at the socket in about 20 minutes of prime, yes i've reseated the block but i've just about given up trying to keep it cool. Only 45 degrees at the core.
Yeah, I can see that the big chunk of plastic holding the block/pump is keeping heat in the socket area.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6300 @ 4.9ghz M5A99X EVO R2.0 PNY 2gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 PNY DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 2X4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 SSD Samsung HD103SI Samsung HD204UI X 2 esata externals  Western Digital WD5000AAKX  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus Windows 8.1.1 pro with media center Funai 32inch LED HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 Corsair CX600 Custom twin full tower, 12 - 5 1/4 bays total Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Combo Mouse Pad, Calculator, USB ports USB stereo speakers Custom 5.1 digital sound system 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6300 @ 4.9ghz M5A99X EVO R2.0 PNY 2gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 PNY DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 2X4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 SSD Samsung HD103SI Samsung HD204UI X 2 esata externals  Western Digital WD5000AAKX  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus Windows 8.1.1 pro with media center Funai 32inch LED HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 Corsair CX600 Custom twin full tower, 12 - 5 1/4 bays total Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Combo Mouse Pad, Calculator, USB ports USB stereo speakers Custom 5.1 digital sound system 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32765 of 67344
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmee View Post

Yeah, I can see that the big chunk of plastic holding the block/pump is keeping heat in the socket area.

It's an XSPC block and it sits higher than the vrm heatsink so i doubt that.
post #32766 of 67344
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason387 View Post

What temp is Tmpin2 in Hwmonitor for gigabyte mobos?

Not to reiterate with a little force - BUT - multiple users have advised you to use HWinfo64/32 for monitoring temps & sensors. I have linked it before, but here it is for ease again: HWinfo Downloads

I believe, from a quick Google of 'Tmpin2 in Hwmonitor for gigabyte mobos' that Tempin2 is NB - I would still advise on getting HWinfo for the future!
post #32767 of 67344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synister View Post

Not to reiterate with a little force - BUT - multiple users have advised you to use HWinfo64/32 for monitoring temps & sensors. I have linked it before, but here it is for ease again: HWinfo Downloads

I believe, from a quick Google of 'Tmpin2 in Hwmonitor for gigabyte mobos' that Tempin2 is NB - I would still advise on getting HWinfo for the future!
Hwinfo doesn't give Tmpin2 temps. It just gives, core, cpu and mobo temps.
Jay
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.4Ghz at 1.36v GA 78LMT USB3 Rev 5.0 Sapphire R9 285 OC 16GB Kingston Savage Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital 500GB Seagate Barracuda Noctua NH-D15S Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerMouseMouse Pad
Asus MG279Q Fressync OCZ ZS 650 Watt PSU Dragonwar ELE-G9 Dragonwar 
  hide details  
Reply
Jay
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.4Ghz at 1.36v GA 78LMT USB3 Rev 5.0 Sapphire R9 285 OC 16GB Kingston Savage Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital 500GB Seagate Barracuda Noctua NH-D15S Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerMouseMouse Pad
Asus MG279Q Fressync OCZ ZS 650 Watt PSU Dragonwar ELE-G9 Dragonwar 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32768 of 67344
I will get some pictures of my bios up as soon as i can.

I have disabled turbo core clock.

I have tried overclocking using both FSB and multiplier.

When overclocking with FSB I lower the HT link and ram speed down to compensate but doesn't make any difference still get voltage drops.

I have been googling like a mad man looking for different things to try. I would be happy with 4.5ghz with decent temps.
post #32769 of 67344
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason387 View Post

Hwinfo doesn't give Tmpin2 temps. It just gives, core, cpu and mobo temps.

it is labeled T2 in HWinfo.
Beast Schlampe
(17 items)
 
My Kaveri Project
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Fx-8370-e Crosshair V formula Z  Zotac GTX 780ti Amp edition Gskill trident 2400 @ 2400- 10-12-12-31-41 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x Adata SX900 128GB SSD in Raid 0 Zalman VE300 Deepcool Captain 360 Nzxt g10 + h110 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 pro Asus pg278Q lg 29' ultra wide ips Roccat Ryos glow MX black 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X850 Fractal Design Arc XL corsair m45 corsair massive keyboard and mouse pad 
Audio
Razer Kraken pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast Schlampe
(17 items)
 
My Kaveri Project
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Fx-8370-e Crosshair V formula Z  Zotac GTX 780ti Amp edition Gskill trident 2400 @ 2400- 10-12-12-31-41 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x Adata SX900 128GB SSD in Raid 0 Zalman VE300 Deepcool Captain 360 Nzxt g10 + h110 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 pro Asus pg278Q lg 29' ultra wide ips Roccat Ryos glow MX black 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X850 Fractal Design Arc XL corsair m45 corsair massive keyboard and mouse pad 
Audio
Razer Kraken pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32770 of 67344
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason387 View Post

Hwinfo doesn't give Tmpin2 temps. It just gives, core, cpu and mobo temps.

HWinfo will read all the sensors which are available inside your entire PC pretty much. If the sensor is in HWmonitor, it is also in HWinfo - probably labelled differently! - do two quick stress tests of equal length and intensity. Then work out which temp in HWinfo is the Tempin2 from HWmonitor. thumb.gif

HWinfo even has integration for RTSS - so you can get core temps, voltage etc all shown via the on-screen display in MSI Afterburner. <- I like this for keeping an eye on CPU temps during BF4 matches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXUNLUCKYXx View Post

I will get some pictures of my bios up as soon as i can.

I have disabled turbo core clock.

I have tried overclocking using both FSB and multiplier.

When overclocking with FSB I lower the HT link and ram speed down to compensate but doesn't make any difference still get voltage drops.

I have been googling like a mad man looking for different things to try. I would be happy with 4.5ghz with decent temps.

I'd drop your CPU back to 4Ghz, and keep all the power saving off like you currently have. Is there an LLC function on that board?

Also to note: HTT vs Mult overclocking really has no difference, unless trying to squeeze the last few Mhz from CPU, RAM & CPU/NB. Stick with Multi for now, and you can revert to HTT once you have a ballpark Multi OC set (then you'll have an idea of your chips limits)
Edited by Synister - 3/31/14 at 7:04am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club