Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 3945

post #39441 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

How is that ungrateful? I mean, i have an defective product and i am still within warranty.

They said that they send it back to Gigabyte and it would take 2 weeks minimum before i get another or repaired board, i don't accept that because most retail shops have an so called ''swap warranty'' that dictates that the defective part is going to be swapped for a new one and send the defective part to the manufacturer, they did indeed swap the motherboard, only for an different one than i paid for and its not in the original box so how do i know that its a new motherboard instead of an used one they had lay around...?

I mean, its kinda strange that when you bring an defective product to the store and they take out the new one out of the box in the store and ONLY giving you the part... i don't know how they do it all the way over in Chicago but here we just swap the defective part.

I still do like the UD5 aesthetics over Asus Sabertooth but I am not sure how the rev. 3.0 performs because i was reading lots of bad things about it on the gigabyte thread.
I think what he's getting at is if it was damaged bad enough they had to replace it they could have just as easily claimed you caused the damage and forced you to buy another...I would also assume by his wording rev3 is the better of the two revisions... most stores are good about that but I've found most times how you act can dictate what you recieve... not saying you did anything but I can see your point that you don't know but in most cases even a used board I'd be more likely to trust that a repaired one would have been...plus one without severe damage constitutes a fair trade imo box or no box...also the Rev2.0 Saber board I bought has darker browns and tans it's a lot less in your face than the 1.0 rev..
Edited by mfknjadagr8 - 9/4/14 at 11:02am
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39442 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfknjadagr8 View Post

I think what he's getting at is if it was damaged bad enough they had to replace it they could have just as easily claimed you caused the damage and forced you to buy another...I would also assume by his wording rev3 is the better of the two revisions... most stores are good about that but I've found most times how you act can dictate what you recieve... not saying you did anything but I can see your point that you don't know but in most cases even a used board I'd be more likely to trust that a repaired one would have been...plus one without severe damage constitutes a fair trade imo box or no box...also the Rev2.0 Saber board I bought has darker browns and tans it's a lot less in your face than the 1.0 rev..

I don't agree on that as they can never proof any of that, besides, like i said before we do things differently over here i guess...
Most retail shops have an ''swap ''warranty'' that dictates that they HAVE to swap it for a new one IF the board is broken or defective because its in their policy. So if they send me a new one i find it kinda strange that they open a new box of a new motherboard and send me ONLY the new board in my old box without ANYTHING at all. Don't get me wrong tho, its not BECAUSE of the box but the way how they treat me on the phone and how i get my new stuff, because the dude was not very friendly for no reason at all in the first place and second place i get my new part shipped in an old box without the use manual.. do you understand what i am getting at?

Who is saying that the rev. 3.0 is better than the rev 1.1? the only difference is the UEFI bios and its not working properly like a lot of people claim over at the Gigabyte thread.. so i am not so sure its an better deal.

I agree on the Sabertooth board that the R2.0 is a much better looking board and the performance is excellent i give you that but due to the location of the USB 3.0 header and the 8pin CPU connector i dislike this board a little because i can't run push/pull now and IMO the location of the USB 3.0 right on top of the GPU is not an ideal location either, so i wonder what they were thinking over at Asus when they made this Motherboard since its the only MB i know of that has these weird locations.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39443 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

I don't agree on that as they can never proof any of that, besides, like i said before we do things differently over here i guess...
Most retail shops have an ''swap ''warranty'' that dictates that they HAVE to swap it for a new one IF the board is broken or defective because its in their policy. So if they send me a new one i find it kinda strange that they open a new box of a new motherboard and send me ONLY the new board in my old box without ANYTHING at all. Don't get me wrong tho, its not BECAUSE of the box but the way how they treat me on the phone and how i get my new stuff, because the dude was not very friendly for no reason at all in the first place and second place i get my new part shipped in an old box without the use manual.. do you understand what i am getting at?

Who is saying that the rev. 3.0 is better than the rev 1.1? the only difference is the UEFI bios and its not working properly like a lot of people claim over at the Gigabyte thread.. so i am not so sure its an better deal.

I agree on the Sabertooth board that the R2.0 is a much better looking board and the performance is excellent i give you that but due to the location of the USB 3.0 header and the 8pin CPU connector i dislike this board a little because i can't run push/pull now and IMO the location of the USB 3.0 right on top of the GPU is not an ideal location either, so i wonder what they were thinking over at Asus when they made this Motherboard since its the only MB i know of that has these weird locations.
well I know here a lot of places have that option within a certain period of buying unless you opt in to an "insurance" plan. The larger stores that is...if the person was being extremely unpleasant to deal with I would ask to speak with a manager...I give the respect I get as well so I can see that being a sore spot..expecially if they supposedly swap you for the new item on the spot I could see some apprehension... but some places do things weird I replaced a external hard drive with best buy once and recieved an open box replacement in store same day...I was ok with that because a working drive was better than a dead one but.. these days I don't expect companies to honor warranty anymore I hope they will but I don't count on it most of the time
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39444 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfknjadagr8 View Post

well I know here a lot of places have that option within a certain period of buying unless you opt in to an "insurance" plan. The larger stores that is...if the person was being extremely unpleasant to deal with I would ask to speak with a manager...I give the respect I get as well so I can see that being a sore spot..expecially if they supposedly swap you for the new item on the spot I could see some apprehension... but some places do things weird I replaced a external hard drive with best buy once and recieved an open box replacement in store same day...I was ok with that because a working drive was better than a dead one but.. these days I don't expect companies to honor warranty anymore I hope they will but I don't count on it most of the time

I hear you on that one and i appreciate your opinion, i do.

The main reason i pick my places where i buy my stuff so carefully is WARRANTY i mean, we pay a lot of money for our PC parts so in return we want some good service right?
Nah i am not going to deal with managers because i guess this guy IS the manager in the first place lol Its a small company that has lots to learn about warranty i guess so they have to find out the hard way how they should threat their customers, and that person is me i guess tongue.gif

I am extremely friendly at the phone because i have no reason to blame them for my faulty product, but when they become rude and shorten on the phone i will put them in their place because that is not acceptable over here because there are so many retail stores and On line shops so i only have to say that i will not buy anything from them anymore, they will do anything for you to make you happy because they do not want bad publicity and lose their face about something so little like this.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39445 of 67694
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonless View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

... You got mad because they didn't send you a box... Wow that's ungrateful.

Serial number is printed on the 24-pin. All relevant information is physically on the motherboard. You do not need a box.

After they upgraded the board for free too haha! tongue.gif

Sidegrade. Never diss those Rev 1.1s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

... You got mad because they didn't send you a box... Wow that's ungrateful.

Serial number is printed on the 24-pin. All relevant information is physically on the motherboard. You do not need a box.

How is that ungrateful? I mean, i have an defective product and i am still within warranty.

They said that they send it back to Gigabyte and it would take 2 weeks minimum before i get another or repaired board, i don't accept that because most retail shops have an so called ''swap warranty'' that dictates that the defective part is going to be swapped for a new one and send the defective part to the manufacturer, they did indeed swap the motherboard, only for an different one than i paid for and its not in the original box so how do i know that its a new motherboard instead of an used one they had lay around...?

I mean, its kinda strange that when you bring an defective product to the store and they take out the new one out of the box in the store and ONLY giving you the part... i don't know how they do it all the way over in Chicago but here we just swap the defective part.

I still do like the UD5 aesthetics over Asus Sabertooth but I am not sure how the rev. 3.0 performs because i was reading lots of bad things about it on the gigabyte thread.

Ah, retailer, not Gigabyte. My apologies, I jumped to a conclusion.

Gigabyte does not care about boxes. They don't care about registration. They only care about the serial number printed on the product. I've sent in a 970A-UD3 in my UD5's box, they don't care. Boards returned to me do so in the same box as the one I shipped to them.

Retailers here... If I walked into the store with my thing and said "It's broken", they would tell me to go get another one off the shelf and leave the broken one with them (assuming I'm under warranty of course, 30 days for motherboards unless I buy more) or I'm told that I need to do an RMA with the company that makes it. They update the serial for which one I have, and I walk out of the store. They do not get anything for me unless it's locked in a case.

Online retailers... Depends. Most of them do not repair, they replace with known working. If that known working happens to be one that was sent back for refund, then so be it.

If you buy a part for a warranty, why are you relying on a retailer? The only time I use a retailer's return is when I need it now. You already had a replacement, should have shipped it to Gigabyte and got it done right.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39446 of 67694
late to the party but i got an 8320 the other day after my 1090T died *puts hat over chest*
 
white Hanekawa
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
xeon X5650 @ 4.4GHz (1.375V)  Rampage 2 extreme HD 7990 EVGA GT 710 (literally just for extra monitors)  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
24gb ram (3x8gb)  128gb crucial mx100 1tb seagate coolermaster CM212 evo 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
win 10 pro LG 22EA53  LG W2261 LG E2251 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
acer AL1916W  acer AL1916W cheapo 1440x900 qisan magicforce (outemu blues)  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair HX1000 corsair 750D redragon perdition kek 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
core 2 duo E6300 cheapo OEM board onboard 2gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
80gb samsung HDD (OS) 2tb WD green 1tb seagate 1tb seagate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
coolermaster CM 103 windows server 2012 R2  none, headless none, headless 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
stock 500w psu some OEM asus one  none none 
AudioOther
none Dell perc H200 
  hide details  
Reply
 
white Hanekawa
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
xeon X5650 @ 4.4GHz (1.375V)  Rampage 2 extreme HD 7990 EVGA GT 710 (literally just for extra monitors)  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
24gb ram (3x8gb)  128gb crucial mx100 1tb seagate coolermaster CM212 evo 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
win 10 pro LG 22EA53  LG W2261 LG E2251 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
acer AL1916W  acer AL1916W cheapo 1440x900 qisan magicforce (outemu blues)  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair HX1000 corsair 750D redragon perdition kek 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
core 2 duo E6300 cheapo OEM board onboard 2gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
80gb samsung HDD (OS) 2tb WD green 1tb seagate 1tb seagate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
coolermaster CM 103 windows server 2012 R2  none, headless none, headless 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
stock 500w psu some OEM asus one  none none 
AudioOther
none Dell perc H200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39447 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post


Ah, retailer, not Gigabyte. My apologies, I jumped to a conclusion.

Gigabyte does not care about boxes. They don't care about registration. They only care about the serial number printed on the product. I've sent in a 970A-UD3 in my UD5's box, they don't care. Boards returned to me do so in the same box as the one I shipped to them.

Retailers here... If I walked into the store with my thing and said "It's broken", they would tell me to go get another one off the shelf and leave the broken one with them (assuming I'm under warranty of course, 30 days for motherboards unless I buy more) or I'm told that I need to do an RMA with the company that makes it. They update the serial for which one I have, and I walk out of the store. They do not get anything for me unless it's locked in a case.

Online retailers... Depends. Most of them do not repair, they replace with known working. If that known working happens to be one that was sent back for refund, then so be it.

If you buy a part for a warranty, why are you relying on a retailer? The only time I use a retailer's return is when I need it now. You already had a replacement, should have shipped it to Gigabyte and got it done right.

That's quite alright dude, i make lots of mistakes by reading posts the wrong way because of the language barrier thumb.gif

Yes i know that most Manufacturers don't care about boxes and in that case i would be more happy at this point but regards to the retail store i am not as you can assume by now.
We have the same thing over here when i go to my usual PC shop and so i am surprised that they did it like this you know.

Normally we have the same warranty policy because we are under the same UCC.
I called gigabyte and they told me that i cannot send the board directly to them because i still have warranty from my retail shop.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39448 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Sidegrade. Never diss those Rev 1.1s.
Ah, retailer, not Gigabyte. My apologies, I jumped to a conclusion.

Gigabyte does not care about boxes. They don't care about registration. They only care about the serial number printed on the product. I've sent in a 970A-UD3 in my UD5's box, they don't care. Boards returned to me do so in the same box as the one I shipped to them.

Retailers here... If I walked into the store with my thing and said "It's broken", they would tell me to go get another one off the shelf and leave the broken one with them (assuming I'm under warranty of course, 30 days for motherboards unless I buy more) or I'm told that I need to do an RMA with the company that makes it. They update the serial for which one I have, and I walk out of the store. They do not get anything for me unless it's locked in a case.

Online retailers... Depends. Most of them do not repair, they replace with known working. If that known working happens to be one that was sent back for refund, then so be it.

If you buy a part for a warranty, why are you relying on a retailer? The only time I use a retailer's return is when I need it now. You already had a replacement, should have shipped it to Gigabyte and got it done right.

That's interesting, I always wondered what Amazon does with all their returns.
post #39449 of 67694
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Sidegrade. Never diss those Rev 1.1s.
Ah, retailer, not Gigabyte. My apologies, I jumped to a conclusion.

Gigabyte does not care about boxes. They don't care about registration. They only care about the serial number printed on the product. I've sent in a 970A-UD3 in my UD5's box, they don't care. Boards returned to me do so in the same box as the one I shipped to them.

Retailers here... If I walked into the store with my thing and said "It's broken", they would tell me to go get another one off the shelf and leave the broken one with them (assuming I'm under warranty of course, 30 days for motherboards unless I buy more) or I'm told that I need to do an RMA with the company that makes it. They update the serial for which one I have, and I walk out of the store. They do not get anything for me unless it's locked in a case.

Online retailers... Depends. Most of them do not repair, they replace with known working. If that known working happens to be one that was sent back for refund, then so be it.

If you buy a part for a warranty, why are you relying on a retailer? The only time I use a retailer's return is when I need it now. You already had a replacement, should have shipped it to Gigabyte and got it done right.

That's interesting, I always wondered what Amazon does with all their returns.

Amazon themselves sells as Used I believe. Newegg's method many know well... "OpenBox".
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39450 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2 View Post

That's interesting, I always wondered what Amazon does with all their returns.
often times companies throw returns in the compactor because it's loss for full amount on taxes... if they send it as a replacement then they cannot claim it as a loss.... well they can until they get audited lol...if it was a return for color wrong part I could see them repackaging or such but for faulty parts I'd hope they get them refurbished and give that discount on to us smile.gif I know for instance at Walmart they donate a lot to feeding America and throw a lot away because both are tax breaks... that's why not a whole lot of items get reduced to sell that often it used to be every food department could reduce so so items good to eat but not nice enough to sell but not anymore very few can do so
Edited by mfknjadagr8 - 9/4/14 at 1:53pm
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club