Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 3974

post #39731 of 67910
Weird your other temps look ok, other than the higher than it should be cpu like you said.
Some sort of WC oddity maybe, I haven't done any. On big air I never see nearly that much
diff in core to socket with the sabertooth so it jumped out at me as odd.
 
Intel Re-Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k asus z79-ws HIS 290x F3-2400C10D-16GTX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD1000DHTZ 1TB VelociRaptor SATA 10K RPM 3.5" 6... HGST NAS 3TB EVO 850 pro 500gb Asus DVD burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua D15 Windows 8.1 Pro LG 27" IPS Acer 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair HX1000i Silverstone FT02 Kensington Slimblade 
AudioAudio
Schiit Magni And Modi DAC/AMP Cal Audio cans 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Intel Re-Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k asus z79-ws HIS 290x F3-2400C10D-16GTX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD1000DHTZ 1TB VelociRaptor SATA 10K RPM 3.5" 6... HGST NAS 3TB EVO 850 pro 500gb Asus DVD burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua D15 Windows 8.1 Pro LG 27" IPS Acer 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair HX1000i Silverstone FT02 Kensington Slimblade 
AudioAudio
Schiit Magni And Modi DAC/AMP Cal Audio cans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39732 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper1591 View Post

Will do another run with the sensors enabled to show you.

But 58c on the core is way hot for me. I know it is acceptable but not for my setup. biggrin.gif
And the difference of core to socket is normal to me.


Here are two comparison shots from when I just had the loop running:

4.8ghz with 1.475v


5.0 with a massive 1.548v


Ambient temps were like 5c lower though.

Is that IBT stable with "Stable OK pop up" at the end?
post #39733 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

If u do clean out your block make sure u take note on where the fins are tongue.gif

You mean to check if I put it back together in the right way?
I've taken it apart when I received it back then and I made some pictures so I will do the same now. But thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalker View Post

Weird your other temps look ok, other than the higher than it should be cpu like you said.
Some sort of WC oddity maybe, I haven't done any. On big air I never see nearly that much
diff in core to socket with the sabertooth so it jumped out at me as odd.

Yeah I don't know why that is.
But the cooling is bad anyway now.

The difference was less when I first had the loop though, as you can see on the screenshots.


Any last advice guys?
I am going to place an order now so I can do the rebuild this weekend.

Air-exhaust(pressure valve) fitting?
Is it worth it/smart to buy? Or just a waste of money. Will be 7-15 euro's(depending on the brand). 15 being Bitspower.

And then I am going to buy some stuff to absorb pump vibrations.

Which one should I get?

This decoupling set:


Or the sandwich:


They are both about the same price.


When I filled the loop I used both corrosion blocker and dead-water. Is corrosion blocker a must? I've read various stories about it, from must-have to not even doing a thing.


Thanks again.
thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasm View Post

Is that IBT stable with "Stable OK pop up" at the end?

You are kinda joining in on a going conversation.

Those shots were from around march this year. And I don't remember.
4.8ghz is probably stable, 5.0 I'm not so sure.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k viii hero Sapphire r9 290 tri-x OC g.skill 3000 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black Sata-3 64MB 840 evo DVD R/W Combo Alphacool 360 ut60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel (Rev.2.0) EK-FC R9-290X Backplate - Black EK-FC R9-290X Reinforcer - Black Fittings and adapters 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek supremacy EVO ek 420 radiator ek revo d5 Bitspower acrylic tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro BenQ XL2730Z Ducky One DKON1508S Corsair HX850i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Mionix Castor Razer Goliathus Edifier C3X 
AudioOther
Asus xonar dx Xbox one gamepad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k viii hero Sapphire r9 290 tri-x OC g.skill 3000 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black Sata-3 64MB 840 evo DVD R/W Combo Alphacool 360 ut60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel (Rev.2.0) EK-FC R9-290X Backplate - Black EK-FC R9-290X Reinforcer - Black Fittings and adapters 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek supremacy EVO ek 420 radiator ek revo d5 Bitspower acrylic tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro BenQ XL2730Z Ducky One DKON1508S Corsair HX850i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Mionix Castor Razer Goliathus Edifier C3X 
AudioOther
Asus xonar dx Xbox one gamepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39734 of 67910
@Chopper1591, did you actually flush your radiator before you put it in your loop? It can be that there still is a little gunk in it and that can explain the high temps as well.

Also what Gerty said, clean your CPU block with some rubbing alcohol to remove any gunk from it. What TIM are you using? How much do actually apply and how do you apply it? Is the block properly seated. I know i had some bad temps when i had a bad mount of my cooler and it took a while to figure it out and some guy on the Corsair forum said that i need to mount the cooler in an specific way otherwise i would get bad temps. I did what he said and the cooler is performing pretty good.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39735 of 67910
I did run the AI suite removal tool and my scores in 3Dmark firestrike went a lot higher.

So if anyone has problem with high scores in benchmarks and has trouble with the EC sensor should try this removal tool! I did try to enable the EC sensor in HWINFO64 but it seems that the sensor is completely disabled...
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39736 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

@Chopper1591, did you actually flush your radiator before you put it in your loop? It can be that there still is a little gunk in it and that can explain the high temps as well.

Also what Gerty said, clean your CPU block with some rubbing alcohol to remove any gunk from it. What TIM are you using? How much do actually apply and how do you apply it? Is the block properly seated. I know i had some bad temps when i had a bad mount of my cooler and it took a while to figure it out and some guy on the Corsair forum said that i need to mount the cooler in an specific way otherwise i would get bad temps. I did what he said and the cooler is performing pretty good.

Thanks for the tips.
But if you read my previous posts you know that is not the problem.
The block was performing very good when I had the loop the first month.

Cleaned the block before use with a distilled water/vinegar mixture. Works like a charm.

TIM used Gelid GC-Extreme. Applied the way they recommend it.
And less is more indeed when talking about TIM.

I am going to buy stuff to redo the loop and will then post results when done.
Cpu temp is now around 15-20c higher then it was when I first had the loop. Massive difference.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k viii hero Sapphire r9 290 tri-x OC g.skill 3000 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black Sata-3 64MB 840 evo DVD R/W Combo Alphacool 360 ut60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel (Rev.2.0) EK-FC R9-290X Backplate - Black EK-FC R9-290X Reinforcer - Black Fittings and adapters 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek supremacy EVO ek 420 radiator ek revo d5 Bitspower acrylic tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro BenQ XL2730Z Ducky One DKON1508S Corsair HX850i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Mionix Castor Razer Goliathus Edifier C3X 
AudioOther
Asus xonar dx Xbox one gamepad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k viii hero Sapphire r9 290 tri-x OC g.skill 3000 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black Sata-3 64MB 840 evo DVD R/W Combo Alphacool 360 ut60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel (Rev.2.0) EK-FC R9-290X Backplate - Black EK-FC R9-290X Reinforcer - Black Fittings and adapters 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek supremacy EVO ek 420 radiator ek revo d5 Bitspower acrylic tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro BenQ XL2730Z Ducky One DKON1508S Corsair HX850i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Mionix Castor Razer Goliathus Edifier C3X 
AudioOther
Asus xonar dx Xbox one gamepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39737 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper1591 View Post

Thanks for the tips.
But if you read my previous posts you know that is not the problem.
The block was performing very good when I had the loop the first month.

Cleaned the block before use with a distilled water/vinegar mixture. Works like a charm.

TIM used Gelid GC-Extreme. Applied the way they recommend it.
And less is more indeed when talking about TIM.

I am going to buy stuff to redo the loop and will then post results when done.
Cpu temp is now around 15-20c higher then it was when I first had the loop. Massive difference.

Alright than.

I don't know how that TIM might work but i am always using MX-4 and always have very good temps with it. Its non curing an non conductive, non curing means that it doesn't have to settle to work properly.

Those temp difference is extreme tho, Are there any air bubbles int he loop? Does the pump make an different noise than before? I noticed that dust can be a pain on radiators and kills performance pretty rapidly.

If you want some guidance on water cooling, i always look at this guy and you can also see how and what he does. He has some great tips witch you can use for your build perhaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGtZiPQ8z8w

Good luck thumb.gif
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39738 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

Alright than.

I don't know how that TIM might work but i am always using MX-4 and always have very good temps with it. Its non curing an non conductive, non curing means that it doesn't have to settle to work properly.

Those temp difference is extreme tho, Are there any air bubbles int he loop? Does the pump make an different noise than before? I noticed that dust can be a pain on radiators and kills performance pretty rapidly.

If you want some guidance on water cooling, i always look at this guy and you can also see how and what he does. He has some great tips witch you can use for your build perhaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGtZiPQ8z8w

Good luck thumb.gif

I've used numerous of TIMs. And I must say this one is amounst the best, if not THE best, I have used so far.
My list includes mx-2, 3, 4 and as5. Noctua's tim, thermalrights.... etc etc

Pump sounds fine. No bubbles.

And dust can indeed be a big factor. Especially with the dense rads like you have, h100/110.
The UT60 is a different story though. It was a very low fpi number, thus restriction is low.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k viii hero Sapphire r9 290 tri-x OC g.skill 3000 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black Sata-3 64MB 840 evo DVD R/W Combo Alphacool 360 ut60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel (Rev.2.0) EK-FC R9-290X Backplate - Black EK-FC R9-290X Reinforcer - Black Fittings and adapters 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek supremacy EVO ek 420 radiator ek revo d5 Bitspower acrylic tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro BenQ XL2730Z Ducky One DKON1508S Corsair HX850i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Mionix Castor Razer Goliathus Edifier C3X 
AudioOther
Asus xonar dx Xbox one gamepad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k viii hero Sapphire r9 290 tri-x OC g.skill 3000 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black Sata-3 64MB 840 evo DVD R/W Combo Alphacool 360 ut60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel (Rev.2.0) EK-FC R9-290X Backplate - Black EK-FC R9-290X Reinforcer - Black Fittings and adapters 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek supremacy EVO ek 420 radiator ek revo d5 Bitspower acrylic tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro BenQ XL2730Z Ducky One DKON1508S Corsair HX850i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Mionix Castor Razer Goliathus Edifier C3X 
AudioOther
Asus xonar dx Xbox one gamepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39739 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper1591 View Post

I've used numerous of TIMs. And I must say this one is amounst the best, if not THE best, I have used so far.
My list includes mx-2, 3, 4 and as5. Noctua's tim, thermalrights.... etc etc

Pump sounds fine. No bubbles.

And dust can indeed be a big factor. Especially with the dense rads like you have, h100/110.
The UT60 is a different story though. It was a very low fpi number, thus restriction is low.

Will be picking another TIM later. My GC-Extreme is too thick for my taste..

1.575 produces 75 core for me.. ibt avx
post #39740 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper1591 View Post

I've used numerous of TIMs. And I must say this one is amounst the best, if not THE best, I have used so far.
My list includes mx-2, 3, 4 and as5. Noctua's tim, thermalrights.... etc etc

Pump sounds fine. No bubbles.

And dust can indeed be a big factor. Especially with the dense rads like you have, h100/110.
The UT60 is a different story though. It was a very low fpi number, thus restriction is low.

Okay, well i am pretty keen on my MX-4 biggrin.gif

So its not the pump and bubbles..

Yes that plays a big role according to my cooler indeed, i do clean it every month because i simply do not like dust in my PC and rad since it dramatically drop temps rapidly.

I like the UT60 rad, it has indeed low FPI so you can actually mount an very silent fan and be able to maintain proper cooling. If i am going with an water loop i would definitely go with an low FPI rad.

Where do you buy your parts from if i may ask since were from the same country biggrin.gif
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club