Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 4029

post #40281 of 67910
Well my remote just dc'd, remoting into another tower at the house, my Caelus tower isn't there anymore. This means it's not passing 10 passes of IBT at stock.... This is not good... mad.gif
post #40282 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyFenn View Post

Well my remote just dc'd, remoting into another tower at the house, my Caelus tower isn't there anymore. This means it's not passing 10 passes of IBT at stock.... This is not good... mad.gif

that is a huge assumption off of a remote disconnect
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40283 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

that is a huge assumption off of a remote disconnect

Not really, when I remote into another tower at the house and look on the network, my Caelus tower doesn't come up in the list... it's like it's not there. It's crashed, frozen. IBT killed it running stock....
post #40284 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyFenn View Post

Not really, when I remote into another tower at the house and look on the network, my Caelus tower doesn't come up in the list... it's like it's not there. It's crashed, frozen. IBT killed it running stock....

I am not saying that its not far fetched, however, you said that you put it on maximum, so that means that you are using the full amount of memory, If you are in the windows environment then that could just mean that the driver or service has stopped working or froze up due to the lack of RAM available, which is a very common occurrence within Windows since well ever really,

Now if you are running in the linux world similar can happen, however linux will just kill processes to free up the ones that may matter.. For example a web server may have Apache crash, and the website not available howerever the server is still up, and could still be running EXIM for emails...

So again I digress, It still may be passing and that is a huge assumption since all it takes is one or 2 network services to fail and badabing device not found on network, heck you can even hide devices that way intentionally,

but ya know you are right,, IT MUST BE THAT smile.gifthumb.gif

now also, if it is that I suggest checking your RAM settings and making sure your ram is good and set to complete stock settings and correct voltages.

BTW are you able to ping the computer, not by name but by IP on the network? I really just hate how people assume so much.
Edited by F3ERS 2 ASH3S - 9/25/14 at 10:46am
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40285 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

I am not saying that its not far fetched, however, you said that you put it on maximum, so that means that you are using the full amount of memory, If you are in the windows environment then that could just mean that the driver or service has stopped working or froze up due to the lack of RAM available, which is a very common occurrence within Windows since well ever really,

Now if you are running in the linux world similar can happen, however linux will just kill processes to free up the ones that may matter.. For example a web server may have Apache crash, and the website not available howerever the server is still up, and could still be running EXIM for emails...

So again I digress, It still may be passing and that is a huge assumption since all it takes is one or 2 network services to fail and badabing device not found on network, heck you can even hide devices that way intentionally,

but ya know you are right,, IT MUST BE THAT smile.gifthumb.gif

I do actually since VNC doesn't use that much memory, IBT keeps over 800MB free, not to mention I've been watching it for the past 4 passes, so yeah, I'm pretty sure. But if you like I'll keep your username in mind and when I get home take a picture of my frozen windows and send it to you. smile.gif

trolls... drunken.gif

Anywhooo, so I'm pretty sure my instability comes from this ASRock Extreme 9 board. Thinking of moving up in the world to a Saberkitty or CVF. I've heard the saberkitty is better @ OCing, any opinions on that? Also, looking on the egg, the kitty is about $180 where the CVF is around $240. Is the price jump worth it?
Edited by JeremyFenn - 9/25/14 at 10:49am
post #40286 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyFenn View Post

I do actually since VNC doesn't use that much memory, IBT keeps over 800MB free, not to mention I've been watching it for the past 4 passes, so yeah, I'm pretty sure. But if you like I'll keep your username in mind and when I get home take a picture of my frozen windows and send it to you. smile.gif

sure, I just again hate assumptions although video is more proving as anyone can take a picture at a given interval
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40287 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

sure, I just again hate assumptions although video is more proving as anyone can take a picture at a given interval

A true troll. Sorry, I don't have any spare vegetables to give and I don't feed trolls anyway. thumb.gif
post #40288 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyFenn View Post


trolls... drunken.gif

Anywhooo, so I'm pretty sure my instability comes from this ASRock Extreme 9 board. Thinking of moving up in the world to a Saberkitty or CVF. I've heard the saberkitty is better @ OCing, any opinions on that? Also, looking on the egg, the kitty is about $180 where the CVF is around $240. Is the price jump worth it?

The CHV-z is a great board but so is the Sabertooth R2.0, I own both and they both OC very well. I just don't understand what you think you'll gain by upgrading to a new board. That board should easily handle an 8350 at 5G. If it's more speed you want spend that cash on cooling. Cooling is KING with these CPUs.
Edited by Johan45 - 9/25/14 at 10:59am
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40289 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyFenn View Post

A true troll. Sorry, I don't have any spare vegetables to give and I don't feed trolls anyway. thumb.gif

LOL you should look at my credentials before calling me a troll
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyFenn View Post

Anywhooo, so I'm pretty sure my instability comes from this ASRock Extreme 9 board. Thinking of moving up in the world to a Saberkitty or CVF. I've heard the saberkitty is better @ OCing, any opinions on that? Also, looking on the egg, the kitty is about $180 where the CVF is around $240. Is the price jump worth it?

The CHV is not worth the extra money unless you are going for

Theme color, LN2 or crazy exotic cooling and lastly super high RAM,

other than that the Saberkitty is a pretty solid board,
supports my chip at 5.1GHz and I have had it up to 5.4 @ 1.8v with my RAM at 2133 Cas 8
The dynamic between clocking is that the CHv is just a bit more stable on the bus and has a better memory multi than the saber, not by much.. There is also a better audio controller on the CHv however you won't notice that unless you go full hiDef everything and so on and so forth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post

The CHV-z is a great board but so is the Sabertooth R2.0, I own both and they both OC very well. I just don't understand what you think you'll gain by upgrading to a new board. That board should easily handle an 8350 at 5G.

because he is assuming with out actually investigating, that board will handle a 8350 at stock... and that is what he is complaining about..

but I is a troll

HMMMMMM do I get paid,, for the toll toll trolls are awesome!
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40290 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post

The CHV-z is a great board but so is the Sabertooth R2.0, I own both and they both OC very well. I just don't understand what you think you'll gain by upgrading to a new board. That board should easily handle an 8350 at 5G.

Well, I first noticed that my 4.8 OC was getting sketchy, IBT telling me that my OC wasn't stable on only the second pass. So before work I set it to defaults (without CnQ or thermal throttling etc) and I saw up to 4 passes on maximum, and then got DC'd from the remote and don't see it in the network list on my VPN or remoted into another tower @ my house looking locally. So, if it can't handle IBT running on stock settings, I'm assuming it's the board...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club