Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 4591

post #45901 of 68053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin28115 View Post

I know tigher means lower cas number and that it is suppose to be more stable with looser timings. However, as said before my prime 95 stability at cas9 lasts about 20 minutes where as cas 10 lasted 3 minutes.

See that's both not stable. tongue.gif
How long it takes to tell you in Prime95 that it's not stable does not make a statement how much closer or further away you are from stability.~
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45902 of 68053
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

If you are using AIDA 64 extreme to do the measuring, the latter seems to give better numbers for me. But there are so many other things involved that it's hard to call a definitive winner. I have a set of CL7 2000mhz + DDR3 incoming that might make things interesting, I'll post scores from those as I get them.
So far the 2400 mhz beasts produce better numbers in AIDA 64, but Im just getting started with the Avexirs.
I am looking at these, but there are zero reviews lol. they seem to offer nice timings for the speed. So thought I would put that question out there. I would prefer low or semi-low profile sticks, and they do not have huge fins on them.

Thanks.
Fire-Starter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E 4.6Ghz 1.380v "Load" Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 1100/1400 16GB Trident-X 2400 2x8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX-100 SSD 256GB OS/Programs/Games WD-Black 2TB Games/Programs WD-Green 3TB Data/Backup ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig R1-Ultimate Win 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 23.5 1080 Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Photon 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Razor Deathadder Real-Tech HD Audio 7.1 (Onboard) 
  hide details  
Reply
Fire-Starter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E 4.6Ghz 1.380v "Load" Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 1100/1400 16GB Trident-X 2400 2x8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX-100 SSD 256GB OS/Programs/Games WD-Black 2TB Games/Programs WD-Green 3TB Data/Backup ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig R1-Ultimate Win 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 23.5 1080 Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Photon 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Razor Deathadder Real-Tech HD Audio 7.1 (Onboard) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45903 of 68053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivan View Post

See that's both not stable. tongue.gif
How long it takes to tell you in Prime95 that it's not stable does not make a statement how much closer or further away you are from stability.~

would like to know how prime95 works now as well as ibt. Also why one would last longer than the other in the stability test.
post #45904 of 68053
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshootr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

If you are using AIDA 64 extreme to do the measuring, the latter seems to give better numbers for me. But there are so many other things involved that it's hard to call a definitive winner. I have a set of CL7 2000mhz + DDR3 incoming that might make things interesting, I'll post scores from those as I get them.
So far the 2400 mhz beasts produce better numbers in AIDA 64, but Im just getting started with the Avexirs.
I am looking at these, but there are zero reviews lol. they seem to offer nice timings for the speed. So thought I would put that question out there. I would prefer low or semi-low profile sticks, and they do not have huge fins on them.

Thanks.

The cl7 2000 capable set that is on the way are Mushkin redlines @ 1600mhz 6-8-6-24 . I have a 2x2gb set that is 5 years old, one stick has some issues so I bought a 3x2 from fleabay , toss the bad stick and run 4x2.
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45905 of 68053
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

The cl7 2000 capable set that is on the way are Mushkin redlines @ 1600mhz 6-8-6-24 . I have a 2x2gb set that is 5 years old, one stick has some issues so I bought a 3x2 from fleabay , toss the bad stick and run 4x2.

Ah, interesting indeed. cl7 2000 should be pretty nice. Are you concerned whether your stick will play nice with the 3 new ones?

Also what do you think about the kit I am looking at? Any recommendations?
Fire-Starter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E 4.6Ghz 1.380v "Load" Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 1100/1400 16GB Trident-X 2400 2x8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX-100 SSD 256GB OS/Programs/Games WD-Black 2TB Games/Programs WD-Green 3TB Data/Backup ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig R1-Ultimate Win 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 23.5 1080 Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Photon 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Razor Deathadder Real-Tech HD Audio 7.1 (Onboard) 
  hide details  
Reply
Fire-Starter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E 4.6Ghz 1.380v "Load" Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 1100/1400 16GB Trident-X 2400 2x8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX-100 SSD 256GB OS/Programs/Games WD-Black 2TB Games/Programs WD-Green 3TB Data/Backup ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig R1-Ultimate Win 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 23.5 1080 Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Photon 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Razor Deathadder Real-Tech HD Audio 7.1 (Onboard) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45906 of 68053
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshootr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

The cl7 2000 capable set that is on the way are Mushkin redlines @ 1600mhz 6-8-6-24 . I have a 2x2gb set that is 5 years old, one stick has some issues so I bought a 3x2 from fleabay , toss the bad stick and run 4x2.

Ah, interesting indeed. cl7 2000 should be pretty nice. Are you concerned whether your stick will play nice with the 3 new ones?

Also what do you think about the kit I am looking at? Any recommendations?

They are pretty finicky, but once you get them configured they are pretty good. I think they are the same sticks, just packaged 3x2gb for the intel setups back then. Time will tell smile.gif.

I really am not the one to ask about ram , honestly I'm a nub. With the motherboard you have, I think 2400mhz might be a tall order, the CHV-Z has a lot of advantages over others when going for high frequencies on the memory. I'd shoot for some low latency 2133 kits or 1866 in your position.
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45907 of 68053
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

They are pretty finicky, but once you get them configured they are pretty good. I think they are the same sticks, just packaged 3x2gb for the intel setups back then. Time will tell smile.gif.

I really am not the one to ask about ram , honestly I'm a nub. With the motherboard you have, I think 2400mhz might be a tall order, the CHV-Z has a lot of advantages over others when going for high frequencies on the memory. I'd shoot for some low latency 2133 kits or 1866 in your position.



In my bios the memory speed options go to 2400 MHz, although I had this memory in mind for a Sabertooth. I have been wanting to use my old parts for a second machine. So since I would like to try and push this chip on another MB, I figured now would be a good time to get another board and use this board and RAM for the second machine. If this chip is still stuck then at least I will have two boards.

Then later on I can figure out cooling, and possibly another chip.
Edited by pshootr - 1/29/15 at 5:36pm
Fire-Starter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E 4.6Ghz 1.380v "Load" Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 1100/1400 16GB Trident-X 2400 2x8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX-100 SSD 256GB OS/Programs/Games WD-Black 2TB Games/Programs WD-Green 3TB Data/Backup ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig R1-Ultimate Win 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 23.5 1080 Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Photon 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Razor Deathadder Real-Tech HD Audio 7.1 (Onboard) 
  hide details  
Reply
Fire-Starter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E 4.6Ghz 1.380v "Load" Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 1100/1400 16GB Trident-X 2400 2x8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX-100 SSD 256GB OS/Programs/Games WD-Black 2TB Games/Programs WD-Green 3TB Data/Backup ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig R1-Ultimate Win 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 23.5 1080 Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Photon 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Razor Deathadder Real-Tech HD Audio 7.1 (Onboard) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45908 of 68053
I can't clock my 1600 mis matched ram to 2000mhz max I can get is 1800 at 10-10-10-28 frown.gif
Kraken
(5 items)
 
500R Chernobyl
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Ranger MSI GTX 970 Hyper X Savage  
Cooling
Custom Loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 EVGA GTX970 FTW Hyper x HX324C11SRK2/16 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK AMD LTX XSPC Nylon Dual 5.25 Reservoir Inc Laing D5  Coolgate Triple HD360 Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW Carbide Series® 500R White Mid-Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Kraken
(5 items)
 
500R Chernobyl
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Ranger MSI GTX 970 Hyper X Savage  
Cooling
Custom Loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 EVGA GTX970 FTW Hyper x HX324C11SRK2/16 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK AMD LTX XSPC Nylon Dual 5.25 Reservoir Inc Laing D5  Coolgate Triple HD360 Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW Carbide Series® 500R White Mid-Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45909 of 68053
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadmoto View Post

Quick question:

Would you consider X overclock stable for real world use if an oc doesn't pass IBT purely because of heat, but has the gflops to show that its faster then a previous OC and nothing is throttling.

I ask because its cold again from winter and I was messing with my OC. to see if increasing my CPU OC would give me some more frames in dying light (before I found the 1core temp fix) rolleyes.gif

The highest I've been able to get ibt to fully pass is 4.4, but anything above will not pass because of heat. IBT and prime95 make the CPU run hotter then any game I've played by at least 10c.

for giggles, right now I'm at 4.8 with 1.49xxV , its just under 1.5v and its "stable-ish" by that I mean it can do everything and anything, except prime and ibt, purely because of heat, it'll skyrocket past 70c and either I will manually stop it because I never like to see my cpu above 70c or it'll stop itself because I leave AMD CnQ enabled so it wont burn itself out.

I can play any I have game and it'll give me the fps boost you would expect going from my current 4.0 to 4.8, no restarts, hitches , hangs/freezes, throttles, nada that I've gotten with previous unstable OC's and it stays at 65c max while gaming. (its really cold in my room, I would never be able to do this in the summer)

So far I've been using this OC since yesterday without any issue while gaming, heavy multi tasking and even some video encoding, until I would try to stress test with prime or ibt of course, its not like the cores are automatically failing when I start prime same with ibt, they will keep going its just that it gets too hot to be comfortable enough to let it run.

I'm going to keep it at 4.8 for now and keep an eye on it and I know 99% of people will say "pass X amount or ibt runs of Y amount of hours in prime" but I was curious on what you all have to say if testing with those isn't an option.

Is there something aside from a plethora of games with varying intensities that I could test this OC stability that won't burn my CPU out in seconds like ibt and prime does?

Maybe I can keep this OC until it gets warm out again which then I'll drop it back down because I haven't seen any clue of this being unstable outside of the crazy heat when I run ibt/prime95.

Here are the games I've tried with this OC and have had no problems:
Bf3
Bf4
Far cry 4
Final Fantasy 13-2
Dragon age 2
Dragon age Inquisition
Dying Light
Dead rising 3
Watch Dogs
Minecraft
Evil Within
Assassins Creed Black flag
Kerbal Space program
and of course, crysis 3. You always gotta at least test crysis, am I right? tongue.gifthumb.gif


if this 4.8 is truly stable, it may be worth getting a decent cooler for this summer tongue.gif I just didn't see it worth it because I can already do a mild OC with my junky TX-3 so I didn't see dropping the money to go from 4.0 to 4.5 to be worth it, but if I could get close to 5.0, then maaayyybbe look into it more again. (yes I still have that tx-3, it works works pretty well considering tongue.gif)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadmoto View Post

Quick question:

Would you consider X overclock stable for real world use if an oc doesn't pass IBT purely because of heat, but has the gflops to show that its faster then a previous OC and nothing is throttling.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I ask because its cold again from winter and I was messing with my OC. to see if increasing my CPU OC would give me some more frames in dying light (before I found the 1core temp fix) rolleyes.gif

The highest I've been able to get ibt to fully pass is 4.4, but anything above will not pass because of heat. IBT and prime95 make the CPU run hotter then any game I've played by at least 10c.

for giggles, right now I'm at 4.8 with 1.49xxV , its just under 1.5v and its "stable-ish" by that I mean it can do everything and anything, except prime and ibt, purely because of heat, it'll skyrocket past 70c and either I will manually stop it because I never like to see my cpu above 70c or it'll stop itself because I leave AMD CnQ enabled so it wont burn itself out.

I can play any I have game and it'll give me the fps boost you would expect going from my current 4.0 to 4.8, no restarts, hitches , hangs/freezes, throttles, nada that I've gotten with previous unstable OC's and it stays at 65c max while gaming. (its really cold in my room, I would never be able to do this in the summer)

So far I've been using this OC since yesterday without any issue while gaming, heavy multi tasking and even some video encoding, until I would try to stress test with prime or ibt of course, its not like the cores are automatically failing when I start prime same with ibt, they will keep going its just that it gets too hot to be comfortable enough to let it run.

I'm going to keep it at 4.8 for now and keep an eye on it and I know 99% of people will say "pass X amount or ibt runs of Y amount of hours in prime" but I was curious on what you all have to say if testing with those isn't an option.

Is there something aside from a plethora of games with varying intensities that I could test this OC stability that won't burn my CPU out in seconds like ibt and prime does?

Maybe I can keep this OC until it gets warm out again which then I'll drop it back down because I haven't seen any clue of this being unstable outside of the crazy heat when I run ibt/prime95.

Here are the games I've tried with this OC and have had no problems:
Bf3
Bf4
Far cry 4
Final Fantasy 13-2
Dragon age 2
Dragon age Inquisition
Dying Light
Dead rising 3
Watch Dogs
Minecraft
Evil Within
Assassins Creed Black flag
Kerbal Space program
and of course, crysis 3. You always gotta at least test crysis, am I right? tongue.gifthumb.gif


if this 4.8 is truly stable, it may be worth getting a decent cooler for this summer tongue.gif I just didn't see it worth it because I can already do a mild OC with my junky TX-3 so I didn't see dropping the money to go from 4.0 to 4.5 to be worth it, but if I could get close to 5.0, then maaayyybbe look into it more again. (yes I still have that tx-3, it works works pretty well considering tongue.gif)

A bit :TLDR: But Stability is dependent on your usage. Not gonna say you need to pass IBT or Prime to call it that but that is the general consensus.

I can't really understand your point when you knew from the start, all you can blame is the HEAT. Just grab a decent cooler or stop gunning for higher CPU speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin28115 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivan View Post

See that's both not stable. tongue.gif
How long it takes to tell you in Prime95 that it's not stable does not make a statement how much closer or further away you are from stability.~

would like to know how prime95 works now as well as ibt. Also why one would last longer than the other in the stability test.

first you can have what ever level of stability you want and makes you happy !

but here is a great read on stability Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingCain View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakmumba;13120663 
I seriously question the need for all this 24hr testing going on your brand new CPU, I see numerous cases here of guys bragging about their 24hr stress testing, or saying someones overclock is not stable because they haven't benched for 24 hrs.

How much experience have you had with overclocking? This attitude is generally reserved for amateur overclockers who have never had corrupted data.
Quote:
A stress test is running all of your CPU cores flat out for however long you run the test, unless of course a core drops out because your overclock is unstable, I see the need for short term testing say an hour or maybe 2, because it won't take that long for an unstable overclock to show itself, but 24hrs in my opinion is not necessary.

I think you are confused. The error is not found because the CPU is at 100%. A major error, or more likely, many tiny irrecoverable errors, happen at any % of CPU usage. The programs are designed to find inconsistencies as fast as possible, utilizing all resources available to determine the stability. Its not lets see how hard we can squeeze your CPU till it breaks. Is it stressful? Sure, is the stress that causes error? No, that would be instability or heat. Another good way to test your cooling solution too I might add.
Quote:
There is not a thing on this planet designed to last forever, your precious CPU included when companies like Intel and AMD, guarantee their CPUs for 3 yr warranty time period, they're confident their CPUs will actually go past that time period, however that calculation is based on 3 yrs and beyond of normal use.

They know their CPUs are capable of lasting under normal spec'd use longer than the 3 yrs or they would not warranty them that long.

Not sure why this is even here. This has nothing to do with stability testing, unless you are assuming that all CPUs that are brand new should not be tested @ stock settings? Which a CPU should be tested to ensure its not defective. Rare, but it can happen.
Quote:
Now the cold hard fact is that overclocking your CPU will shorten its lifespan, but we accept that for the additional speed we gain, most of us will replace that cpu with an upgrade before is life expectancy arrives anyway, so taking it out of specifications is acceptable.

Has nothing to do with stability testing. Its about error prevention.
Quote:
However that's with normal day to day use, surfing the web, audio and video editing and converting, gaming, office documentation Etc, and though serious bench stress testing is necessary to achieve a stable overclock, what damage does stress testing over a 24 hr time period and beyond, actually do to shorten the lifespan of your new CPU.

Why would you even overclock then?
Quote:
For example if you stress test your new quad core CPU for 24hrs, and all 4 cores are running at 100% for 24 hrs, how much normal daily processing is lost, because no daily application uses all 4 cores at 100% for 24hrs, so at least think about that when you overclock your CPU, and use at least some kind of wisdom in your stress testing.

Again its not the stress that creates the error, its stress that finds the error. Errors can occur with as little as 1% core usage. The alternative is to use your computer until one day, your boot sector is corrupted, and Windows 7 repair, can't fix the files as the damage has occurred widespread through your file-system. At this point you are even lucky to recover data off the hard drive. Assuming you are still not using an unstable overclock, recovering data, will most likely keep it corrupt/re-corrupt it.
Quote:
Because if you don't think you're adding to shortening the life of your CPU, you're wrong!

Stress testing your CPU, if its adequately cooled, is not shortening your hardwares life, its the extra voltage/clock cycles from the overclock if anything. It sounds like you have a ton still to learn / grasp and thats okay. Overclocking has many useful applications, such as a technical server upgrade, gaming, scientific calculations, protein folding, etc. Many of those demand stability for personal and professional reasons. Folding requires 100% accurate data, or its wasteful time for both the user and server, which anyday can provide a cure to cancer (hopefully.) A non tested overclock in that field is extremely frowned upon by many people who dedicate entire machines to just folding.

I am not saying you have to stress test your CPU, or it will die and kill everything in your computer, but you are not going to convince anyone who knows what they are doing that its a waste of time.

I don't get why people are ever against having a fully stable system? It takes about a day if you actually have good settings. Maybe apathy or general laziness, but still, it will create so many headaches in the long run trying to figure out why the computer just doesn't want to work today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheDemon View Post

I've got an FX-8350 overclocked to 4.7GHz. All eight cores enabled, everything stock besides the GHz speed. No voltage modifications or anything. My RAM/Memory speed is at 1600MHz. My heatsink is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. Keeps it pretty cool at any time of year, even when overclocked.

I'd like to join ze club c:

welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheDemon View Post

I've got an FX-8350 overclocked to 4.7GHz. All eight cores enabled, everything stock besides the GHz speed. No voltage modifications or anything. My RAM/Memory speed is at 1600MHz. My heatsink is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. Keeps it pretty cool at any time of year, even when overclocked.

I'd like to join ze club c:

You know voltage on auto means it automatically overvolts if you overclock cpu speed, just throwing that out there~

Also APM master mode enabled (edit: this is on by default) keeps the CPU within TDP limit by dynamically underclocking cores when the power consumption goes too high.
But feel free to enjoy the setup as is, might as well work just fine! (unless you play like, BF4 or something I don't know. I don't play multicore games)
correct
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45910 of 68053
I think I might go for these Mushkin Redlines, as they seem to have the best timings I could find on 2400 MHz RAM. Or I could wait until I have more dough and get a 16 Gb. kit for Star Citizen. thinking.gif
Fire-Starter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E 4.6Ghz 1.380v "Load" Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 1100/1400 16GB Trident-X 2400 2x8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX-100 SSD 256GB OS/Programs/Games WD-Black 2TB Games/Programs WD-Green 3TB Data/Backup ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig R1-Ultimate Win 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 23.5 1080 Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Photon 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Razor Deathadder Real-Tech HD Audio 7.1 (Onboard) 
  hide details  
Reply
Fire-Starter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E 4.6Ghz 1.380v "Load" Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 1100/1400 16GB Trident-X 2400 2x8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX-100 SSD 256GB OS/Programs/Games WD-Black 2TB Games/Programs WD-Green 3TB Data/Backup ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig R1-Ultimate Win 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 23.5 1080 Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Photon 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Razor Deathadder Real-Tech HD Audio 7.1 (Onboard) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club