Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko
Originally Posted by MTup
Originally Posted by mus1mus
That EX from XSPC aint the best. In fact, it might not even give you noticeable gains from the H100i. If space is the problem, there are other thin rads to consider and cheaper I suppose.
Not sure how prices scale on your area but alphacool kits might be cheaper. Just note that kits don't always give out the best components in one pack. Some of the included components might go to waste later.
My advice, if you wanna go for a loop, pick them by the components. Will turn out more expensive than a kit but the components will be picked by choice.
Spend a little more time using that H100i I say. You might even get to 5GHz with it.
Hey thanks mus1. I was seeing that the XSPC had a problem and found out that some of the 750 pumps were going out on them. After further research I find that you can order these with the larger, better D5 pumps that use compression fittings for the whole system. I figured some of you all might have been there with this before. You are right though, I can buy the parts separately and still use this radiator because it fits my mod. The depth doesn't matter as my radiator goes in from the top. One more thing. I am looking for red coolant in a clear line with red sink. All my wiring is white and my theme now is blue which I will tone down a bit and give me a red, white and blue theme when it's all said and done. It's become a hobby. Check out this cooler and let me know what you think. I have read many of your posts and trust your opinion bud.
EX rads are the cheapy option from XSPC (i have 2), i bought the EX240 kit with the 750 V4 bayres/pump and it's fine.....all the issues they had were with the V3 version and lower.
My loop cost my about $170 or so (minus mobo block), i looked at getting all the parts individually and tbh it's a bit more expensive but you do get better results.
D5 pump (whichever res)
Alphacool UT60 240mm rad
EK Supremacy Evo block
Primochill Advanced LRT tubing.
whichever fittings you want
That will get you some nice temps and the pump is plenty powerful enough to add on more rad space + blocks later on down the line
^This. And below is what I am talking about.
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko
Originally Posted by JourneymanMike
I went through the components and their prices...
The setup would cost at least $300.00 +
And the D5 EX240 kit is $250......
That's my point, it's a little more price wise but better performance wise.
You see where we are going @MTup
Most kits have these btw,
- Block - most of the time a tier or two down of the good ones. (cept for the raystorm)
- Pump - D5 kits cost more; check the kits with the DDCs on them.
- Bay Res - XPSC's quite good and easy to fill. Alphacool's a meh! don't bother. But you can get rid of them if you get the DDC/D5 variant. if you want a ---
- Tube Res - XSPC has that. But AFAIK, they are hard to work with considering the routing options.
- Fittings - Usually 3/8' X 1/2" compressions. While good, tubing is a bit small and thin walled. Prone to kinks, no matter what you pick.
- Tubing - They're just good for.... filling the loop. Not within your loop.
- Fans - if they come with a set. XSPC have 1600 RPM fans. Nothing special, but does the job. Alphacool has them Noise Blockers in purple. Pricey at retail (bonus?) EK kit - comes with meh.
- RADS - Better rads = more price Premium.
So weigh the purchase you are about to make.
A kit for quickies and all. or you do it by the pieces picking each component you like, without a waste.
Ohh wait, I didn't have my recommended components
Pump - D5 or DDC. Some DDCs have built-in acrylic tops less aftermarket woes, just pick the 10W version. They are hot!
Block - whatever you like.
Fans - If you want silence, 1300RPM is Push pull will offer you enough performance. If you want moar, go for at least 1500 RPMs. Cougars are good and Cheap.
Primochill D5 Enabled Tube res as You won't need anything more.
Fittings - 3/8" X 5/8" s
Primochill tubing for leeser Plasticizer
Rads - I am biased to HWLabs as they are actually made in my country.Edited by mus1mus - 7/16/15 at 7:15pm