Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 5177

post #51761 of 67699
Hello all. I have a quick question, I'm new to overclocking and I could use some sound advice. I have the fx 8320 in a gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo with a cm 212 Evo, at stock clocks I never go beyond 35 deg. I want to oc to 4.2ghz so I have the multiplier set to x21. My question is about voltage, when it's at stock my voltage is 1.42xx in bios, if I set it at 4.2ghz with amd od my voltage stays at 1.32 with a few jumps and dips. What do you suggest a good starting place is to set the manual voltage and since I'm under what auto/stock I'm actually better off even if I go up to ~1.37 right. Please don't judge if it's a stupid question. Again this is my first oc experience
post #51762 of 67699
Mus, you seem to be the memory myster so I have a question. I know you use Asus but my mb says I can run 2000(O.C.). Have you in all your travels on OCN heard of anyone with a giga board going over the 2000? I have 1866 now at 1720 because of FSB and it's tuned really well in IMO so I"ve left it there.
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #51763 of 67699
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipekill2445 View Post

A ninja like your avatar tongue.gif

I've never explained that to anyone. Someone sent me a bad Halloween email and I was swinging. You know, when a monster jumps from your screen. Missed the monitor though.
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #51764 of 67699
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTup View Post

Well, with the engine off it would have gotten hotter and yep we sure learn. I'm looking at 4" with an offset in the tubing to get it outside the bay side then using a funnel. Or maybe I can concoct an extension of some type to add to that only when filling. I'm trying to keep it neat as possible.

Well, the tube I am talking about is just for filling the res. You can take it off after you have full circulation and enough levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post

Hello all. I have a quick question, I'm new to overclocking and I could use some sound advice. I have the fx 8320 in a gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo with a cm 212 Evo, at stock clocks I never go beyond 35 deg. I want to oc to 4.2ghz so I have the multiplier set to x21. My question is about voltage, when it's at stock my voltage is 1.42xx in bios, if I set it at 4.2ghz with amd od my voltage stays at 1.32 with a few jumps and dips. What do you suggest a good starting place is to set the manual voltage and since I'm under what auto/stock I'm actually better off even if I go up to ~1.37 right. Please don't judge if it's a stupid question. Again this is my first oc experience

Stock differs from an OC system. The Voltages you see on stock are (I'm guessing) AUTO. They seem high, but when you think of Turbo requirement, it's just fine.

Heat output will also be different. APM, Cool n' Quiet, and Power Saving options keep the chip cooler.

But yeah, here's my take:
4.2 might just need less than 1.3 biggrin.gif
Disable Turbo, APM, and other Power Saving options. Reboot to Bios,
You will see you VCore at a much lower value than stock. That's your chip's VID.
Manually enter that Value (VID) and Try for 4.2 thumb.gif
If that fails, try it a step higher.

I wont be telling you the Voltages as it will be dependent on your cooling. So take it a step at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTup View Post

Mus, you seem to be the memory myster so I have a question. I know you use Asus but my mb says I can run 2000(O.C.). Have you in all your travels travails smile.gif on OCN heard of anyone with a giga board going over the 2000? I have 1866 now at 1720 because of FSB and it's tuned really well in IMO so I"ve left it there.

No sir, I am not.

But yeah, 2133 and up is pretty easy when you OC. @Mega Man I think is doing 2400 on his UD7.

Try your kit to OC at say, 2133.
229 FSB, Keep CPU-NB around 2600.
Timings set to default or XMP. (9-11-9-27-CR1 for example)
Set Voltage for the DRAM to 1.685 (for 1.65) or 1.735 (1.7)
Try if you can reboot toBIOS and Windows.

You might also try 2000 CL 9.
Use FSB to 250. CPU-NB at 2500
Edited by mus1mus - 7/30/15 at 8:41pm
post #51765 of 67699
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Well, the tube I am talking about is just for filling the res. You can take it off after you have full circulation and enough levels.
Stock differs from an OC system. The Voltages you see on stock are (I'm guessing) AUTO. They seem high, but when you think of Turbo requirement, it's just fine.

Heat output will also be different. APM, Cool n' Quiet, and Power Saving options keep the chip cooler.

But yeah, here's my take:
4.2 might just need less than 1.3 biggrin.gif
Disable Turbo, APM, and other Power Saving options. Reboot to Bios,
You will see you VCore at a much lower value than stock. That's your chip's VID.
Manually enter that Value (VID) and Try for 4.2 thumb.gif
If that fails, try it a step higher.

I wont be telling you the Voltages as it will be dependent on your cooling. So take it a step at a time.
No sir, I am not.

But yeah, 2133 and up is pretty easy when you OC. @Mega Man I think is doing 2400 on his UD7.

Try your kit to OC at say, 2133.
229 FSB, Keep CPU-NB around 2600.
Timings set to default or XMP. (9-11-9-27-CR1 for example)
Set Voltage for the DRAM to 1.685 (for 1.65) or 1.735 (1.7)
Try if you can reboot toBIOS and Windows.

You might also try 2000 CL 9.
Use FSB to 250. CPU-NB at 2500

Hey thanks Mus. I'll try those this weekend and let you know if you remember. I can run high FSB easy and had to bring down my ram but I know more now. At 1720 now I tried CL8 and couldn't pass IBT. CL9 passes with flying colors. With 4.83GHz, 215 FSB, and 1720 mem , 9 9 9 26 I'm going strong with nice AIDA64 scores I think. The timings with high FSB were throwing me off but I know now that I have to be gentle and ease into the timings that run well. Thanks man
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #51766 of 67699
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTup View Post

Hey thanks Mus. I'll try those this weekend and let you know if you remember. I can run high FSB easy and had to bring down my ram but I know more now. At 1720 now I tried CL8 and couldn't pass IBT. CL9 passes with flying colors. With 4.83GHz, 215 FSB, and 1720 mem , 9 9 9 26 I'm going strong with nice AIDA64 scores I think. The timings with high FSB were throwing me off but I know now that I have to be gentle and ease into the timings that run well. Thanks man

No problem.

RAM is tricky. But the more you spend time on knowing them, they'll likely open up for you.

There are notable guys in here that can help you further. Orkin, Flail, Bilko, Johan, Mega, etc ( No love lost to those I forgot to mention biggrin.gif ) are very adept on this. I can't even get into their shadows.lol

Good luck on your loop btw.
post #51767 of 67699
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

No problem.

RAM is tricky. But the more you spend time on knowing them, they'll likely open up for you.

There are notable guys in here that can help you further. Orkin, Flail, Bilko, Johan, Mega, etc ( No love lost to those I forgot to mention biggrin.gif ) are very adept on this. I can't even get into their shadows.lol

Good luck on your loop btw.

Thanks. Don't know if you remember but I have good temps with my H100i but looking to go to 5.0GHz. Some of those guys have helped especially Johan45, Bilko and you. I don't think Mega liked my Avatar. Think I should change it?
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #51768 of 67699
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTup View Post

Thanks. Don't know if you remember but I have good temps with my H100i but looking to go to 5.0GHz. Some of those guys have helped especially Johan45, Bilko and you. I don't think Mega liked my Avatar. Think I should change it?

I do. Yes. And you are the one who pointed me the polishing sheets right?

Mega is just like that. He talks to you like in person. He's blunt and boring sometimes though. biggrin.gif
post #51769 of 67699
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

I do. Yes. And you are the one who pointed me the polishing sheets right?

Mega is just like that. He talks to you like in person. He's blunt and boring sometimes though. biggrin.gif

Polishing sheets? I pointed out once to polish a mount with the way I polish my ink pens I make on my lathe to make them glassy. Wooden pens get 5 coats of super glue and I have sanding pads from 1500 grit to 15000 grit. I did recommend a site to buy those sanding pads in a kit.
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #51770 of 67699
Mus any idea if I can possibly tighten the timings on these.
Medusa
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8370 5Ghz 2600/2600 32GB 24/7 Prime95 Stable... Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 ASUS Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 R9390-DC2-8GD5 8GB  CMY32GX3M4A2400C11R 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 500GB Evo MZ-75E500B/AM Seagate  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS NZXT Kraken X61 RL-KRX61-01 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
NZXT Kraken X41 RL-KRX41-01 140mm NZXT Kraken G10 NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... Windows 7 x64 Pro HP W2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius Corsair AX860i Corsair Graphite CC600TWM-WHT  Genius 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E07K ANDES Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Purex PXR-301 6-Slot SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Interna... 
  hide details  
Reply
Medusa
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8370 5Ghz 2600/2600 32GB 24/7 Prime95 Stable... Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 ASUS Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 R9390-DC2-8GD5 8GB  CMY32GX3M4A2400C11R 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 500GB Evo MZ-75E500B/AM Seagate  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS NZXT Kraken X61 RL-KRX61-01 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
NZXT Kraken X41 RL-KRX41-01 140mm NZXT Kraken G10 NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, 140mm PWM,AAO Frame Techn... Windows 7 x64 Pro HP W2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius Corsair AX860i Corsair Graphite CC600TWM-WHT  Genius 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E07K ANDES Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Purex PXR-301 6-Slot SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Interna... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club