Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 5202

post #52011 of 67698
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

hmm

Those that are insulated may not be at KV levels yet.

They will need thicker than practical insulators at Very High levels. thumb.gif
Thicker than you would imagine biggrin.gif

Insulated wires won't stretch as tight as bare. Those that are insulated can be at KV levels but need to be larger (awg size) and sometimes armored. .

So Mus I took your advise with my ram timings and it worked but wasn't getting the speed I had at 1720MHz so tightened the timings a bit. latency is lower on memory but L3 cache is better. I honestly don't know what L3 does but I know you want lower ns's.
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52012 of 67698
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTup View Post

Insulated wires won't stretch as tight as bare. Those that are insulated can be at KV levels but need to be larger (awg size) and sometimes armored. .

So Mus I took your advise with my ram timings and it worked but wasn't getting the speed I had at 1720MHz so tightened the timings a bit. latency is lower on memory but L3 cache is better. I honestly don't know what L3 does but I know you want lower ns's.

I would shoot for prescribed memory clocks such as 1600, 1866, 2133, 2400 for a start.

Don't be afraid. You're better off with those numbers. Just think about the CPU-NB to be always in place say 2200 - 2500 MHz
Try, 229 or 267 for 2133
233 for 1866
250 for 2000

Give the RAM a relaxed timings at 10-10-10-30-CR2 to begin. thumb.gif If it boots, try tightening them timings. If it doesn't boot, go back and change a timing at a time. Primary timings are the ones to check at first. Other things can be left to AUTO.
post #52013 of 67698
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

I would shoot for prescribed memory clocks such as 1600, 1866, 2133, 2400 for a start.

Don't be afraid. You're better off with those numbers. Just think about the CPU-NB to be always in place say 2200 - 2500 MHz
Try, 229 or 267 for 2133
233 for 1866
250 for 2000

Give the RAM a relaxed timings at 10-10-10-30-CR2 to begin. thumb.gif If it boots, try tightening them timings. If it doesn't boot, go back and change a timing at a time. Primary timings are the ones to check at first. Other things can be left to AUTO.

My MB is saying it's good for 2000 so I got close to it with my 215 FSB and it's just as snappy as the 1720 ram settings. I'll go for the prescribed setting tomorrow. Still learning ram and I know you are the guru in this dept.
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52014 of 67698
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTup View Post

My MB is saying it's good for 2000 so I got close to it with my 215 FSB and it's just as snappy as the 1720 ram settings. I'll go for the prescribed setting tomorrow. Still learning ram and I know you are the guru in this dept.

No I am not. But I wish I was that good. rolleyes.gif

Your mobo can support more than that but that is a matter of a guarantee that they labelled it as capable of this or that. It's Overclocking, so guarantee is always questionable.

Once you mess around the Memory OC, remember to save a known good config into your BIOS saving slots for easy revert if things go wrong.

I advised for the known values as if you look closely to the advertised memory kit and speeds, they have their designated timings shown. That should be your guide. Say duplicate those. Though not all brands carry the same specs, and not all kits function alike.

I started like this:
I would look for a kit close to what I have but of a higher speed and copy their prescribed timings for a try. Success, go further. Fail to post, look for another one. Til I get these things to my mind. thumb.gif

And I forgot about Voltages. biggrin.gif
post #52015 of 67698
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

No I am not. But I wish I was that good. rolleyes.gif

Your mobo can support more than that but that is a matter of a guarantee that they labelled it as capable of this or that. It's Overclocking, so guarantee is always questionable.

Once you mess around the Memory OC, remember to save a known good config into your BIOS saving slots for easy revert if things go wrong.

I advised for the known values as if you look closely to the advertised memory kit and speeds, they have their designated timings shown. That should be your guide. Say duplicate those. Though not all brands carry the same specs, and not all kits function alike.

I started like this:
I would look for a kit close to what I have but of a higher speed and copy their prescribed timings for a try. Success, go further. Fail to post, look for another one. Til I get these things to my mind. thumb.gif

And I forgot about Voltages. biggrin.gif

I do these things now after learning from here and don't forget about voltages anymore . Saving settings is a must for me and while I'm at it I save and economy setting at the same time. My goal is to run 5GHz 24/7 and I do this as one of the many hobbies I have. I have all the parts I need for a custom loop but can't put it together until I get a few more days off. Doing this will get my temps down a bit I'm sure (not doing bad with H100i now) and I won't be afraid to put 1.6 vcore in this virshera. If I burn it up I'll get another. Sounds like a mad scientist I suppose.
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52016 of 67698
Well I guess its time to say good bye to this club. Have made the change to a 5820K since ZEN is still more then 12 months away.
But must say the old 8350 has served me well got it release day and for the almost 3 years iv had it at 5ghz.
Day 1 it use to do 5ghz on 1.54V, now it takes 1.57V to maintain it while using a full water loop, Where it use to only need a Antec 920.
post #52017 of 67698
Something worth noting: I ran IBT AVX with 10-12-12-31 CR1 timings on my 1866 ram at 2006 and the timing and gflops were ok. I changed the tRAS to 30 and the gflops and timings were all over the place ranging from 82 gflops to 95 then back and forth. I didn't think the tRAS would do all this.


Good luck bmgjet!
Edited by MTup - 8/8/15 at 9:46pm
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
MTup
(15 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
GA-990FXA -UD5 R5 Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Windforce  G Skill Sniper Series 14900 Samsung EVO 840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Generic Primochill w/D5 pump Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" Microsoft EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Logitech Mossy Oak w/wrist support Realtek ALC1150 codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52018 of 67698
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Oui! @miklkit did the boom even touch the line?

These stories remind me of a kid from my place that climbed a 69000 VA transmission line post. That's close to a hundred feet in height! Newly built, and these kids didn't know the lines were already fired up!

Some alcohol into the brain, these kids went on to dare everyone for a race to reach the top of the post.

The guy leading the race, grabbed for the insulator at the bottom phase and BOOM! Loud POP, guy fell 60FT, back first to a basketball court fence, unconscious. No one thought he will survive. Got cleared for a couple of weeks due to minor burns on his left hand to his arms. Lucky guy!

Told a story that he didn't even had a hand to the insulator.


I don't remember the actual distance that the electricity jumped, but I do remember that the hi tension lines were outside the refinery so the spark might have jumped 20 ft (6-7 meters).
Junkyard Dog
(17 items)
 
Blackie
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Nitro Fury G. Skill Ripjaws ddr4 3200 16 GB 4x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD Western Digital 500gb  Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64bit Pixio 27" 1440P yes Seasonic 850 watt  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL05 Evoluent vertical mouse yes Creative X-FI  
Other
Sennheiser headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8370 @ 5 ghz ASUS Sabertooth Sapphire Fury G Skill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Samsung 850 EVO Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win X 64 bit Pixio 27" 1440P  yes Seasonic SS-850KM Active PFC F3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL02b Evoluent VM4 yes Creative Soundblaster Z  
Audio
Sennheiser 428 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Junkyard Dog
(17 items)
 
Blackie
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Nitro Fury G. Skill Ripjaws ddr4 3200 16 GB 4x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD Western Digital 500gb  Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64bit Pixio 27" 1440P yes Seasonic 850 watt  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL05 Evoluent vertical mouse yes Creative X-FI  
Other
Sennheiser headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8370 @ 5 ghz ASUS Sabertooth Sapphire Fury G Skill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Samsung 850 EVO Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win X 64 bit Pixio 27" 1440P  yes Seasonic SS-850KM Active PFC F3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL02b Evoluent VM4 yes Creative Soundblaster Z  
Audio
Sennheiser 428 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52019 of 67698
How are these chips in the long term? I am considering running mine at 4.8 - 5 ghz. From experience, how do these chips hold up under those conditions?
post #52020 of 67698
Quote:
Originally Posted by polg0003 View Post

How are these chips in the long term? I am considering running mine at 4.8 - 5 ghz. From experience, how do these chips hold up under those conditions?

As long as you cool them properly, you should have no problems. I've ran 2 of them for over a year at 5 ghz without any signs of degredation. Probably more of a threat to the motherboard or powersupply than the chip.
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club