Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 5232

post #52311 of 67911
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfknjadagr8 View Post

maybe...but why would it downclock so early and under load...that doesn't sound right

Heat and Power Draw maybe. Remember these Processors are rated to specific TDP. It might not matter whether it is running cool as soon as the predefined TDP Value from stock is met, it might just throttle. That's just my take. thumb.gif
post #52312 of 67911
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Heat and Power Draw maybe. Remember these Processors are rated to specific TDP. It might not matter whether it is running cool as soon as the predefined TDP Value from stock is met, it might just throttle. That's just my take. thumb.gif
that makes sense if the p states are governed by power draw....which pretty much means anything over say 4.0 would throttle pretty easily under load...more validation that I'll never use them smile.gif
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52313 of 67911
Fun trick, while your buddy isn't looking , enable turbo on his rig and set it to the lowest multiplier available. Sit back and watch the fun smile.gif
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52314 of 67911
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfknjadagr8 View Post

that makes sense if the p states are governed by power draw....which pretty much means anything over say 4.0 would throttle pretty easily under load...more validation that I'll never use them smile.gif

lol.

All I believe is, until you dial things right and stable, avoid power saving feats and stuff. There are a few people that find it beneficial for their purpose though.
post #52315 of 67911
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

Fun trick, while your buddy isn't looking , enable turbo on his rig and set it to the lowest multiplier available. Sit back and watch the fun smile.gif
I might shank someone if they did that to me...lol

On an aside has anyone ever experienced the issue I posted above
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52316 of 67911
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfknjadagr8 View Post

only thing I don't agree with is 65 isn't socket max before throttle...on my saber it doesn't throttle till around 82c on socket

It all depends on what they write in the bios. Most of the boards and chips from AMD throttle at 65c socket, 90c processor cores temp, Board shut down.

This thread is a good read. http://www.overclock.net/t/1339236/cant-find-official-answer-fx-8350-max-temp

Think VRMs are good to about 110c. Active cooling easily prevents a temp that high.

Now when you turn HPC (High Performance Compute Mode) On, you may disable throttle temps while manually overclocking.

But I assure you, nobody would recommend running any Cpu socket temp over 62c a t hottest, and the Core temp under 80c.
post #52317 of 67911
Hi guys, I have a little problem with my FX-8350 on Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3 (yeah it works flawlessly since years):

Under load PACKAGE TEMPERATURE is 7-11°C hotter than highest Core temp. looking @HWMonitor.

I have done some searches and:
- still can't understand what Package temperature is and why it goes from 30°C to 70°C so fast.

During benchies it often goes over 57-58°C with 3DMarks while with Prime95 it goes over 60°C in few minutes (seconds?). When it reaches ~69°C CPU starts throttling.

Case: HAF-X with more fans (good air flow).

CPU cooler: Noctua DH-14 (well mounted and with arctic silver 5).

How to lower the damn Package temperature? Core temp. are really good, just that one is really bad.

Does AMD stock backplate has something to do with it (I had to use this one with Noctua)? When I touch the back of the mainboard I feel that backplate really hot (and there is almost no airflow there).

Thanks. Goodbye.
Edited by punisherITA - 8/29/15 at 1:13am
post #52318 of 67911
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisherITA View Post

Hi guys, I have a little problem with my FX-8350 on Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3 (yeah it works flawlessly since years):

Under load PACKAGE TEMPERATURE is 7-11°C hotter than highest Core temp. looking @HWMonitor.

I have done some searches and:
- still can't understand what Package temperature is and why it goes from 30°C to 70°C so fast.

During benchies it often goes over 57-58°C with 3DMarks while with Prime95 it goes over 60°C in few minutes (seconds?). When it reaches ~69°C CPU starts throttling.

Case: HAF-X with more fans (good air flow).

CPU cooler: Noctua DH-14 (well mounted and with arctic silver 5).

How to lower the damn Package temperature? Core temp. are really good, just that one is really bad.

Does AMD stock backplate has something to do with it (I had to use this one with Noctua)? When I touch the back of the mainboard I feel that backplate really hot (and there is almost no airflow there).

Thanks. Goodbye.

A fan on the back of the socket would help lower those temps...

I have a 120mm on the back of mine...

Also a fan of the VRM's would help even more...

Or, you could go full blown water cooling and have it the best it can be... Of coarse on that MB it would seem a waste, IMHO
Watson III
(31 items)
 
Watson V
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Gene Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000MHz C15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB Lite-On w/ Lite-Scribe Watercool D5 Bitspower Black Sparkle 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 - Koolance QD3 Quiick Disconnects Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360 GTX Primochill Adavanced LTR 3/5 x 5/8 Bool Red Tubing 3 - Noctua NF-F12's Industrial 3000 RPM Push/In... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2 - Noctua NF-F12's 1500 RPM as front intake Swiftech Helix 1800 RPM PWM 120mm fan as exhaust Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VC239H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228H-P HP Mechanical PS/2 Corsair AX860 Platinum CaseLabs S5 Two-Tone White/Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M510 Staples Boston Acoustics Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series II Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Watson III
(31 items)
 
Watson V
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Gene Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000MHz C15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB Lite-On w/ Lite-Scribe Watercool D5 Bitspower Black Sparkle 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 - Koolance QD3 Quiick Disconnects Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360 GTX Primochill Adavanced LTR 3/5 x 5/8 Bool Red Tubing 3 - Noctua NF-F12's Industrial 3000 RPM Push/In... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2 - Noctua NF-F12's 1500 RPM as front intake Swiftech Helix 1800 RPM PWM 120mm fan as exhaust Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VC239H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228H-P HP Mechanical PS/2 Corsair AX860 Platinum CaseLabs S5 Two-Tone White/Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M510 Staples Boston Acoustics Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series II Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52319 of 67911
Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneymanMike View Post

A fan on the back of the socket would help lower those temps...

I have a 120mm on the back of mine...

Also a fan of the VRM's would help even more...

Or, you could go full blown water cooling and have it the best it can be... Of coarse on that MB it would seem a waste, IMHO

Thanks to let me know that. Do you have any fan to suggest? That would fit in HAF-X case closed (no door on the back).

Second question: should the fan push over the CPU backplate? Seeing case it's closed maybe it's best solution. O pull back air from the backplate (so against CASE door)?

Thanks. thumb.gif
Edited by punisherITA - 8/29/15 at 3:37am
post #52320 of 67911
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisherITA View Post

Thanks to let me know that. Do you have any fan to suggest? That would fit in HAF-X case closed (no door on the back).

Second question: should the fan push over the CPU backplate? Seeing case it's closed maybe it's best solution. O pull back air from the backplate (so against CASE door)?

Thanks. thumb.gif
always push...pulling doesn't disperse the air properly...you can out one on vrms and backside of the socket and it will be even better...you can easily get 5 to 10c better temps doing this and even more on the vrm temps.....socket temp is the temperature of the socket the cpu sits in and immediate area around it...I always tell people to offset the fan on the socket so the center is between the backplate and the vrm backplate this leaves the deadzone in an area that won't be affected by lack of airflow
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club