Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 5370

post #53691 of 68054
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Looks good. Very good infact. smile.gif

My 2 cents, gauge first if the chip is good.

How much Vcore is required to get to 4.8 with that board?

It's worth asking as, if you have a bad chip, the sabertooth will not push it further. Just saying. thumb.gif

If it's clocking fairly good, I would advise you to go for it.

The UD5 and the UD7 are good options too. Just so you can stay all dark inside. And not kitty poop. biggrin.gif

Thanks man! smile.gif I was under the impression that a nicer board had the potential to achieve a stable OC at a lower vcore.

These are my known stable OCs with this chip on the UD3 after improving VRM cooling. Cooler is an H110 with noctua IPPC 2000rpms. Just using the cpu multiplier. FSB is 200.

FX-8370E @ 4.7Ghz
LLC MED.
VCORE BIOS: 1.437
VCORE IDLE: 1.42
VCORE LOAD: 1.40
Max package temp: 59c
Avg package temp: 52c

FX-8370E @ 4.8Ghz
LLC MED.
VCORE BIOS: 1.50
VCORE IDLE: 1.48
VCORE LOAD: 1.46
Max package temp: 66c (Sometimes hits 68/69 loading games)
Avg package temp: 57c

I cant achieve a stable 4.9ghz adding more voltage past 1.537 starts resulting in BSOD when stress testing. Doesn't matter anyways as my cooling is insufficient for more voltage.
post #53692 of 68054
Quote:
Originally Posted by zila View Post

Oh my God, the UD5 and UD7 are just gorgeous for a black setup. I love the look of my UD5's. wink.gif

I'm not a fan of the UD5 anymore after my rev 1 board popped a VRM and killed my first FX8350, wouldn't mind but... my vcore etc wasn't that high.
Kraken
(5 items)
 
500R Chernobyl
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Ranger MSI GTX 970 Hyper X Savage  
Cooling
Custom Loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 EVGA GTX970 FTW Hyper x HX324C11SRK2/16 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK AMD LTX XSPC Nylon Dual 5.25 Reservoir Inc Laing D5  Coolgate Triple HD360 Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW Carbide Series® 500R White Mid-Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Kraken
(5 items)
 
500R Chernobyl
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Ranger MSI GTX 970 Hyper X Savage  
Cooling
Custom Loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 EVGA GTX970 FTW Hyper x HX324C11SRK2/16 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK AMD LTX XSPC Nylon Dual 5.25 Reservoir Inc Laing D5  Coolgate Triple HD360 Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW Carbide Series® 500R White Mid-Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53693 of 68054
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

I've had overclocks that will pass 10 runs of IBT very high but not 2 hours of Realbench wink.gif

And from my own testing it seems that Realbench throws out more heat than any other program I've tried on my setups.

I suppose 4 hours might not be enough for some but i do IBT for a quick check and then let Realbench do its thing while i go watch a movie or tinker with another rig smile.gif

I believe it's easy to pass Realbench. But will dig on it tonight. 8 hours. smile.gif

It is hotter yes, on the cores. Not much on the Socket. Indicative of much lower amps CPU pulls. AVX on the other hand pulls more amps.

Just note Realbench is not soo hard on RAM and Cache. thumb.gif

True on all counts! biggrin.gif

I'd never recommend a single stress test and call it a universal thing.

Thats why i run IBT first then Realbench smile.gif

And hotter on the cores is exactly what i want seeing as how my socket temp is well covered tongue.gif
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53694 of 68054
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerDerv View Post

Thanks man! smile.gif I was under the impression that a nicer board had the potential to achieve a stable OC at a lower vcore.

These are my known stable OCs with this chip on the UD3 after improving VRM cooling. Cooler is an H110 with noctua IPPC 2000rpms. Just using the cpu multiplier. FSB is 200.

FX-8370E @ 4.7Ghz
LLC MED.
VCORE BIOS: 1.437
VCORE IDLE: 1.42
VCORE LOAD: 1.40
Max package temp: 59c
Avg package temp: 52c

FX-8370E @ 4.8Ghz
LLC MED.
VCORE BIOS: 1.50
VCORE IDLE: 1.48
VCORE LOAD: 1.46
Max package temp: 66c (Sometimes hits 68/69 loading games)
Avg package temp: 57c

I cant achieve a stable 4.9ghz adding more voltage past 1.537 starts resulting in BSOD when stress testing. Doesn't matter anyways as my cooling is insufficient for more voltage.

Approaching 1.5 Vcore is already north of what that board can do. So you will indeed get higher clocks than that in a better board. By how much is not guaranteed.


Just part of the lottery we are in. thumb.gif
Every chip is different to speculate without a hands down experience.

Psst. Kitty's socket is also hotter. UD7s have them cooler as I have heard. They are priced the same just in case you end up in search for your next board. UD5 users can tell you more on the board.
post #53695 of 68054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiw View Post

I'm not a fan of the UD5 anymore after my rev 1 board popped a VRM and killed my first FX8350, wouldn't mind but... my vcore etc wasn't that high.

I understand Benji, I have a Rev.1 that I have the vdroop hard mod on. I use a 965BE in that one. It works great. I also have Rev. 3 board and I am looking for a decent 1090T or 1100T to put into it. My FX-8350 and My FX-8320 are on a Formula-Z and a Sabertooth respectively. I don't trust any other boards for those chips. I too lost an FX-8350 on a AsRock Extreme9 and I wasn't pushing very hard either. It just burnt out the vrms. I know how you feel.
Edited by zila - 10/11/15 at 8:13pm
Zila
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8300 SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6... G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME Internal SSD Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD Corsair H80i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit LG 25UM56-P 25” Class 21:9 UltraWide IPS Gaming... Cooler Master Octane EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
Zila
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8300 SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6... G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME Internal SSD Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD Corsair H80i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit LG 25UM56-P 25” Class 21:9 UltraWide IPS Gaming... Cooler Master Octane EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53696 of 68054
Im just not a fan of Gigabyte after seeing how poorly the VRM heatsink thermal pad made contact with the vrms. The pcb was totally warped because the center most vrms had barely any contact with the thermal pad. Once creating a back plate and replacing the thermal pads i then was able to achieve decent clocks. Even still many are telling me nobody has ever got over 4.8ghz with the ud3. Somethings limiting the stability/power in the board.

I would just go for it and get a asus crosshair formula z but my case wont allow crossfirex in the lower most slot and i dont want to but both my cards right next to eachother. The saber tooth has better pcie x16 spacing that will work well for my setup. I dont mind the color.

I hear the socket temp for the kitty can be tamed with a fan on the rear of the cpu socket. Even so i totally understand i might still end up at 4.8ghz. Atleast at that point i know its the chip...
post #53697 of 68054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

I've had overclocks that will pass 10 runs of IBT very high but not 2 hours of Realbench wink.gif

And from my own testing it seems that Realbench throws out more heat than any other program I've tried on my setups.

I suppose 4 hours might not be enough for some but i do IBT for a quick check and then let Realbench do its thing while i go watch a movie or tinker with another rig smile.gif


I believe it's easy to pass Realbench. But will dig on it tonight. 8 hours. smile.gif

It is hotter yes, on the cores. Not much on the Socket. Indicative of much lower amps CPU pulls. AVX on the other hand pulls more amps.

Just note Realbench is not soo hard on RAM and Cache. thumb.gif


True on all counts! biggrin.gif

I'd never recommend a single stress test and call it a universal thing.

Thats why i run IBT first then Realbench smile.gif

And hotter on the cores is exactly what i want seeing as how my socket temp is well covered tongue.gif

How are you cooling the Kitty's socket?

Mine's still up by about 5C above the cores on IBT. Even with fans on both side and in an open set-up. frown.gif

Will probably look at my heatsink.
post #53698 of 68054
I wish I could liquid cool my socket, I honestly wouldn't mind!
Kraken
(5 items)
 
500R Chernobyl
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Ranger MSI GTX 970 Hyper X Savage  
Cooling
Custom Loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 EVGA GTX970 FTW Hyper x HX324C11SRK2/16 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK AMD LTX XSPC Nylon Dual 5.25 Reservoir Inc Laing D5  Coolgate Triple HD360 Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW Carbide Series® 500R White Mid-Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Kraken
(5 items)
 
500R Chernobyl
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Ranger MSI GTX 970 Hyper X Savage  
Cooling
Custom Loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 EVGA GTX970 FTW Hyper x HX324C11SRK2/16 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK AMD LTX XSPC Nylon Dual 5.25 Reservoir Inc Laing D5  Coolgate Triple HD360 Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW Carbide Series® 500R White Mid-Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53699 of 68054
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerDerv View Post

Thanks man! smile.gif I was under the impression that a nicer board had the potential to achieve a stable OC at a lower vcore.

These are my known stable OCs with this chip on the UD3 after improving VRM cooling. Cooler is an H110 with noctua IPPC 2000rpms. Just using the cpu multiplier. FSB is 200.

FX-8370E @ 4.7Ghz
LLC MED.
VCORE BIOS: 1.437
VCORE IDLE: 1.42
VCORE LOAD: 1.40
Max package temp: 59c
Avg package temp: 52c

FX-8370E @ 4.8Ghz
LLC MED.
VCORE BIOS: 1.50
VCORE IDLE: 1.48
VCORE LOAD: 1.46
Max package temp: 66c (Sometimes hits 68/69 loading games)
Avg package temp: 57c

I cant achieve a stable 4.9ghz adding more voltage past 1.537 starts resulting in BSOD when stress testing. Doesn't matter anyways as my cooling is insufficient for more voltage.
first off your rig looks very good... secondly thank god.. a new face to this thread that understands the chip is a reactor smile.gif your e chip is almost exactly the same as the other 8320 in my fiances rig it takes 1.48 under load to be ibt avx very high stable... i really do need to swap those when she isnt looking... this e chip i have is a piggy past 4.6....
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53700 of 68054
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerDerv View Post

Im just not a fan of Gigabyte after seeing how poorly the VRM heatsink thermal pad made contact with the vrms. The pcb was totally warped because the center most vrms had barely any contact with the thermal pad. Once creating a back plate and replacing the thermal pads i then was able to achieve decent clocks. Even still many are telling me nobody has ever got over 4.8ghz with the ud3. Somethings limiting the stability/power in the board.

I would just go for it and get a asus crosshair formula z but my case wont allow crossfirex in the lower most slot and i dont want to but both my cards right next to eachother. The saber tooth has better pcie x16 spacing that will work well for my setup. I dont mind the color.

I hear the socket temp for the kitty can be tamed with a fan on the rear of the cpu socket. Even so i totally understand i might still end up at 4.8ghz. Atleast at that point i know its the chip...

Nice that you get what we're up to. thumb.gif

Are you planning on trifire? Or quad?

Electrical X16 slots on both kitty and CHVFZ are in identical spaces if I am right. Dual card shouldnt be an issue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club