Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 5402

post #54011 of 67694
Got my EVGA 1050G yesterday. Its in and working great so far. Obviously i wasnt really having problems with the corsair cx750 but i feel better having plenty of clean power now.

New monitor showed up as well (LG 29UM67P) and it actually greatly improved my frame rates in BF4 with crossfire. My CPU usage dropped and GPU usage went up. I came from 40fps to like 55 minimum and averaging 75+. Weird how that works....
post #54012 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerDerv View Post

Got my EVGA 1050G yesterday. Its in and working great so far. Obviously i wasnt really having problems with the corsair cx750 but i feel better having plenty of clean power now.

New monitor showed up as well (LG 29UM67P) and it actually greatly improved my frame rates in BF4 with crossfire. My CPU usage dropped and GPU usage went up. I came from 40fps to like 55 minimum and averaging 75+. Weird how that works....
if it's higher resolution that's why it takes the load of the cpu and works the gpus harder...
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54013 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfknjadagr8 View Post

if it's higher resolution that's why it takes the load of the cpu and works the gpus harder...

Well yeah... I went from 1920x1080 to 2560x1080. I guess i just didn't expect to see a 15-25fps increase going to a larger resolution.

Also for those of you that have read some of my other posts im ditching the Gigabyte UD3. I have a friend that wants to upgrade his PC and wants it for his budget build.

So far im heavily leaning towards the sabertooth. So i hear the cpu socket gets hot are there any other issues? Vrms stay cool?
post #54014 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerDerv View Post

Well yeah... I went from 1920x1080 to 2560x1080. I guess i just didn't expect to see a 15-25fps increase going to a larger resolution.

Also for those of you that have read some of my other posts im ditching the Gigabyte UD3. I have a friend that wants to upgrade his PC and wants it for his budget build.

So far im heavily leaning towards the sabertooth. So i hear the cpu socket gets hot are there any other issues? Vrms stay cool?


a few use active cooling on the vrms and at the back of the socket,
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54015 of 67694
1. They are not hot. Litterally.
2. Kitty's socket is cooler than other mediocre boards but,
3. Socket is hotter than the cores til you get past a certain level that they balance things out.
4. VRMs on the kitty are cooler than most boards. And you have embedded sensors for them.
post #54016 of 67694

fan blowing onto rear of mobo to cool socket and rear of vrms

Now Gertie you promised... No laughing smile.gif
Mike the Owl
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI Radeon R9 270X Gaming Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Plus R2 Corsair H80i Windows 8.1 Samsung 24 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
PARTHICA Gaming Keyboard Powercool X-Viper 750W Power Supply 80 Plus Bronze Coolermaster Haf 922 CM Storm 
  hide details  
Reply
Mike the Owl
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI Radeon R9 270X Gaming Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Plus R2 Corsair H80i Windows 8.1 Samsung 24 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
PARTHICA Gaming Keyboard Powercool X-Viper 750W Power Supply 80 Plus Bronze Coolermaster Haf 922 CM Storm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54017 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Owl View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

fan blowing onto rear of mobo to cool socket and rear of vrms

Now Gertie you promised... No laughing smile.gif

i never promised LOL u could stick em in spoilers though

doh.gif
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54018 of 67694
No laughing Gertie....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

i never promised LOL u could stick em in spoilers though

doh.gif

I'm on my iPad , it's hard enough to just make a post as OCN is not really iPad friendly, ....must not post photos, must not post, must not ....oh sod it Must ...
Mike the Owl
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI Radeon R9 270X Gaming Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Plus R2 Corsair H80i Windows 8.1 Samsung 24 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
PARTHICA Gaming Keyboard Powercool X-Viper 750W Power Supply 80 Plus Bronze Coolermaster Haf 922 CM Storm 
  hide details  
Reply
Mike the Owl
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI Radeon R9 270X Gaming Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Plus R2 Corsair H80i Windows 8.1 Samsung 24 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
PARTHICA Gaming Keyboard Powercool X-Viper 750W Power Supply 80 Plus Bronze Coolermaster Haf 922 CM Storm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54019 of 67694
EDIT ^^^^ LOL please tell me thats not necessary.


My budget is up to but not exceeding $200.
Needs: AM3+, 990FX, Strong overclocking ability, Compatible with my case in crossfire.


Asus Crosshair formulaV 990fx: Tons of fantastic reviews, known awesome overclocker, Want but wont support crossfire in my case because of PCI-E slot locations. Also at my max budget...
Gigabyte 990fxa ud5: Will support crossfire in my case. Gigabyte left a bad taste in my mouth with the UD3 and i really dont want any blue in my color scheme. Sorry gigabyte but you blew it with the vrm cooling on the UD3.
MSI 990fx Gaming: PCI-E slots wont support crossfire in my case. Also has some pretty bad reviews.
Asus Sabertooth 990fx: Tons of good reviews, known great overclocker, will support crossfire in my case. Has a color scheme that im kinda interests me.

Seems like ill pick up a saber tooth unless you guys known of any other options.

Whats up with the Gen 3 version? Is that older, newer? Doesnt seem available.
post #54020 of 67694
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerDerv View Post

My budget is up to but not exceeding $200.
Needs: AM3+, 990FX, Strong overclocking ability, Compatible with my case in crossfire.


Asus Crosshair formulaV 990fx: Tons of fantastic reviews, known awesome overclocker, Want but wont support crossfire in my case because of PCI-E slot locations. Also at my max budget...
Gigabyte 990fxa ud5: Will support crossfire in my case. Gigabyte left a bad taste in my mouth with the UD3 and i really dont want any blue in my color scheme. Sorry gigabyte but you blew it with the vrm cooling on the UD3.
MSI 990fx Gaming: PCI-E slots wont support crossfire in my case. Also has some pretty bad reviews.
Asus Sabertooth 990fx: Tons of good reviews, known great overclocker, will support crossfire in my case. Has a color scheme that im kinda interests me.

Seems like ill pick up a saber tooth unless you guys known of any other options.

Whats up with the Gen 3 version? Is that older, newer? Doesnt seem available.

iirc gen3 has pcie 3 and is very hard to hold of one if it all now, you'll love the sabertooth
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club