Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 6233

post #62321 of 67910
Hey guys. could someone help me? So i upgraded my CPU from an FX 8320. And i thought i built a small budget pc with it. biggrin.gif
I bought a GA-970A-D3 (rev. 1.0) mobo for just 25bucks. It didnt had VRM cooling so i made one for it. And also i made a open air bench for it from 20bucks.
Now with this cheap and weak if i'm not mistaken 4+1 mobo. I was interested how much performance can i get. Now i had a old am3 tower heatsink. I used that with 2 fans. And in the end i got upto 4.4Ghz on all cores. 1.36Vcore. And 45C core temp after an hour of Prime95. I used HwMonitor. HwInfo. AMD Overdrive and actually many other programs to check the temeps all were showin the same.
NB at 2.2Ghz by default. HT Link at 2.4Ghz by default. All power saving disabled. Win10 set to performance under energy options.
I also tested it with some gaming. Same results. Didnt get above 45C at all... Just to make sure i checked everything "by hand" while under load and i mean with a Infrared Thermometer... VRM's at 45C also max. Under load.
Gotta say i'm impressed... Also have to tell that i have a fan blowing air on the VRM's. And also a 12cm fan on slow rpm blowin air on the back of the mobo. its more like placed at the CPU-VRM area.
Now i see that alot of people mention that this CPU can go upto 70C coretemp (with 80C socket temp) Is this really true? Becouse i also heard that you should go over 60C wwith core temp. I like to sit around -10c from the max. Amd overdrive shows that the margin is at 70C thoe. I'm not sure if i really can or should go and oc some more to be sittin around 60C. Becouse 15C and fans are at low rpm... For sure there is some OC potential there...
If someone could help me with that would appriciate it biggrin.gif
post #62322 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

You might have missed it. He's using 2*16GB Sticks. It'll be easier than 4! But even then, hwbot subs are not stable subs!

Where does it say 2X16gb sticks? Point is the 9370 and 9590 have better memory controllers as per Amd
FX Klasse
(25 items)
 
Warrior King
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI R9 290X Lightning MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  g.skill sniper gaming series 16gb 2400mhz ddr3 WD 1 TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 320 GB OCZ vertex 3 64GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Seagate 250 GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 525 GB Samsung SH-S223L Cooler Master Glacer 240l Windows 8.1 Pro N 64 bit 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC 2462w Lenovo L2261wA Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG 750 Rosewill Future corsair vengeance m65 Turtle Beach Montego DDL 
Other
Altec Lansing ADA 995 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775c Asus Z97 Deluxe Iris Pro 6200 G. Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 320 Crucial MX300 525GB Cooler master hyper 212 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
AOC 24 Steelseries Apex 350 Antec truepower trio 550w Corsair M65 
Mouse Pad
AMD Red Team Swag 
  hide details  
Reply
FX Klasse
(25 items)
 
Warrior King
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI R9 290X Lightning MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  g.skill sniper gaming series 16gb 2400mhz ddr3 WD 1 TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 320 GB OCZ vertex 3 64GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Seagate 250 GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 525 GB Samsung SH-S223L Cooler Master Glacer 240l Windows 8.1 Pro N 64 bit 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC 2462w Lenovo L2261wA Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG 750 Rosewill Future corsair vengeance m65 Turtle Beach Montego DDL 
Other
Altec Lansing ADA 995 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775c Asus Z97 Deluxe Iris Pro 6200 G. Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 320 Crucial MX300 525GB Cooler master hyper 212 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
AOC 24 Steelseries Apex 350 Antec truepower trio 550w Corsair M65 
Mouse Pad
AMD Red Team Swag 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62323 of 67910
Okay, my bad. Point is, as always have been mentioned, they are just hand picked parts known to be functional within certain criteria. You wanted to clock your memory high? Don't look for what others have achieved. Look how they achieved it.

Still, that doesn't guarantee you will achieve the same.

And may I remind you that HWBOT subs are simply, submissions. A farcry from being stable. buttkick.gif
post #62324 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Okay, my bad. Point is, as always have been mentioned, they are just hand picked parts known to be functional within certain criteria. You wanted to clock your memory high? Don't look for what others have achieved. Look how they achieved it.

Still, that doesn't guarantee you will achieve the same.

And may I remind you that HWBOT subs are simply, submissions. A farcry from being stable. buttkick.gif

Yeah I know there no guarantees and whatnot but my 8350 cannot overclock memory and cpu simultaneously
thats why I'd rather go with the 9590, chances of better clocking memory are higher
FYI 8370 and 9590 are same price and I already have cooler
FX Klasse
(25 items)
 
Warrior King
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI R9 290X Lightning MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  g.skill sniper gaming series 16gb 2400mhz ddr3 WD 1 TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 320 GB OCZ vertex 3 64GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Seagate 250 GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 525 GB Samsung SH-S223L Cooler Master Glacer 240l Windows 8.1 Pro N 64 bit 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC 2462w Lenovo L2261wA Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG 750 Rosewill Future corsair vengeance m65 Turtle Beach Montego DDL 
Other
Altec Lansing ADA 995 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775c Asus Z97 Deluxe Iris Pro 6200 G. Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 320 Crucial MX300 525GB Cooler master hyper 212 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
AOC 24 Steelseries Apex 350 Antec truepower trio 550w Corsair M65 
Mouse Pad
AMD Red Team Swag 
  hide details  
Reply
FX Klasse
(25 items)
 
Warrior King
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI R9 290X Lightning MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  g.skill sniper gaming series 16gb 2400mhz ddr3 WD 1 TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 320 GB OCZ vertex 3 64GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Seagate 250 GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 525 GB Samsung SH-S223L Cooler Master Glacer 240l Windows 8.1 Pro N 64 bit 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC 2462w Lenovo L2261wA Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG 750 Rosewill Future corsair vengeance m65 Turtle Beach Montego DDL 
Other
Altec Lansing ADA 995 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775c Asus Z97 Deluxe Iris Pro 6200 G. Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 320 Crucial MX300 525GB Cooler master hyper 212 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
AOC 24 Steelseries Apex 350 Antec truepower trio 550w Corsair M65 
Mouse Pad
AMD Red Team Swag 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62325 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMetaton View Post

Hey guys. could someone help me? So i upgraded my CPU from an FX 8320. And i thought i built a small budget pc with it. biggrin.gif
I bought a GA-970A-D3 (rev. 1.0) mobo for just 25bucks. It didnt had VRM cooling so i made one for it. And also i made a open air bench for it from 20bucks.
Now with this cheap and weak if i'm not mistaken 4+1 mobo. I was interested how much performance can i get. Now i had a old am3 tower heatsink. I used that with 2 fans. And in the end i got upto 4.4Ghz on all cores. 1.36Vcore. And 45C core temp after an hour of Prime95. I used HwMonitor. HwInfo. AMD Overdrive and actually many other programs to check the temeps all were showin the same.
NB at 2.2Ghz by default. HT Link at 2.4Ghz by default. All power saving disabled. Win10 set to performance under energy options.
I also tested it with some gaming. Same results. Didnt get above 45C at all... Just to make sure i checked everything "by hand" while under load and i mean with a Infrared Thermometer... VRM's at 45C also max. Under load.
Gotta say i'm impressed... Also have to tell that i have a fan blowing air on the VRM's. And also a 12cm fan on slow rpm blowin air on the back of the mobo. its more like placed at the CPU-VRM area.
Now i see that alot of people mention that this CPU can go upto 70C coretemp (with 80C socket temp) Is this really true? Becouse i also heard that you should go over 60C wwith core temp. I like to sit around -10c from the max. Amd overdrive shows that the margin is at 70C thoe. I'm not sure if i really can or should go and oc some more to be sittin around 60C. Becouse 15C and fans are at low rpm... For sure there is some OC potential there...
If someone could help me with that would appriciate it biggrin.gif

That all sounds reasonable. You can push the CPU to 70C. I think that goes for core and socket temps. In my experience, those temps usually run close to one another. You will be limited by the VRM's and the 4+1 phases. Just watch the VRM temps, if they get too high you may blow a MOFSET or warp your motherboard.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx 8320e 4.7 @1.536 Asus Aura 970 gtx 1060 Kingston Hyper X Blu 1333 @ 1866 9-11-11-36 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
BP5e Slim Series Caviar Green 640GB Sony Optiarc DVD PH-TC14PE 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phateks PH-F140SP Phateks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F200SP Cooler Master Sickleflow 120  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Scythe Glide Stream SY1425HB12M-P Windows 10 Gateway 21" 1080p  Cheap Cheap 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
DeepCool 750ST Enthoo Pro M Cheap Ultra Cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx 8320e 4.7 @1.536 Asus Aura 970 gtx 1060 Kingston Hyper X Blu 1333 @ 1866 9-11-11-36 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
BP5e Slim Series Caviar Green 640GB Sony Optiarc DVD PH-TC14PE 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phateks PH-F140SP Phateks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F200SP Cooler Master Sickleflow 120  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Scythe Glide Stream SY1425HB12M-P Windows 10 Gateway 21" 1080p  Cheap Cheap 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
DeepCool 750ST Enthoo Pro M Cheap Ultra Cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62326 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdayve View Post

That all sounds reasonable. You can push the CPU to 70C. I think that goes for core and socket temps. In my experience, those temps usually run close to one another. You will be limited by the VRM's and the 4+1 phases. Just watch the VRM temps, if they get too high you may blow a MOFSET or warp your motherboard.
Thanks for your answer! Well. for me. Every monitoring software shows a 10-11C diff in core temep and socket temp. Interesting... The socket tamp is like a 10C-11C higher. I tested it without air blowin on the mosfets or the back of the mobo. And its still the same 10-11C diff. I thought that the socket means liek a mobo rerading and maybe its hot somewhere so i blow air with fans on it all over. nothing rly changed. Maybe it a fault reading not sure. Also. On full load. Everything can be touched with hand. It feels warm but not hot and ofc not burning hot biggrin.gif Ofc you should just touch it all around while its powered on... Dont want to short things out lels. But i mean like. NorthBridge /mosfets etc. Honestly i dont mind if the mobo dies out but i would mind the chip... I'll push it to 60C to see what OC i can get. At 60C my socket temp will be 70C or above. Not sure if thats a bad thing thoe.
post #62327 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggiddi View Post

Yeah I know there no guarantees and whatnot but my 8350 cannot overclock memory and cpu simultaneously
thats why I'd rather go with the 9590, chances of better clocking memory are higher
FYI 8370 and 9590 are same price and I already have cooler

Then pick one. I would if they are priced the same. thumb.gif
post #62328 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggiddi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

You might have missed it. He's using 2*16GB Sticks. It'll be easier than 4! But even then, hwbot subs are not stable subs!

Where does it say 2X16gb sticks? Point is the 9370 and 9590 have better memory controllers as per Amd

This isn't the case in my experience of the dozen Vishera chips I've had , the one with the best IMC was a batch 1312 FX 8350. My 9370 and other 8 core chips could match it, but it would take more voltage to the cpu/nb.

I think you'd be wasting your money if you were to buy an 9XXX in hopes of a better IMC. You might get lucky , but i'd bet against.
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62329 of 67910
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggiddi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

You might have missed it. He's using 2*16GB Sticks. It'll be easier than 4! But even then, hwbot subs are not stable subs!

Where does it say 2X16gb sticks? Point is the 9370 and 9590 have better memory controllers as per Amd
As far as I am aware the memory controllers are roughly all the same between all Vishera's.
GHOST rev 3.1
(28 items)
 
 
Rura Penthe
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8370 @ 4.95GHz 1.5V 2700MHz NB/3000MHz HTT ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 2x Sapphire R9-Fury 3840 Corsair Vengeance 2133 4x4GB @ 2000 9-9-10-27 1CR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint HD502HI 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC D5 Bay Res 3x CoolerMaster Storm Force 200's 2x EK-FC Fury X fullcovers EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK-FC Fury X Backplates XSPC Raystorm CPU Block EKWB Coolstream CE280 EKWB Coolstream PE360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
3x CoolerMaster Jetflo's 120mm 6 Corsair ML140's  Laing D5 Vario Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2341V Roccat Ryos MK Pro Antec High Current Pro Platinum 1300W NZXT Phantom 820 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Mionix Naos 7000 Mionix Alioth GX Gaming SW-G2.1 3000 Kingston Hyper X Cloud Core 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Athlon 860K Asus A88X-Pro MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G-Skill Ares 2133 CL10 8GB (2x4GB) Seagate ST1000VX003 Samsung HD502HI Arctic Cooling Freezer A30 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Razer Lycrosa Seagate M12II 620W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Celeron G1840 MSI Z97-Guard Pro Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 4G Gigabyte RX570 Gaming 4G 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
XFX RX480 reference edition 8G Gigabyte RX570 Gaming 4g Gigabyte RX570 Gaming 4G G-Skill Ares F3-1600C9D 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 750 Evo 120GB Stock  Windows 10 Pro  Gigabyte XP1200M 
  hide details  
Reply
GHOST rev 3.1
(28 items)
 
 
Rura Penthe
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8370 @ 4.95GHz 1.5V 2700MHz NB/3000MHz HTT ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 2x Sapphire R9-Fury 3840 Corsair Vengeance 2133 4x4GB @ 2000 9-9-10-27 1CR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint HD502HI 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC D5 Bay Res 3x CoolerMaster Storm Force 200's 2x EK-FC Fury X fullcovers EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK-FC Fury X Backplates XSPC Raystorm CPU Block EKWB Coolstream CE280 EKWB Coolstream PE360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
3x CoolerMaster Jetflo's 120mm 6 Corsair ML140's  Laing D5 Vario Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2341V Roccat Ryos MK Pro Antec High Current Pro Platinum 1300W NZXT Phantom 820 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Mionix Naos 7000 Mionix Alioth GX Gaming SW-G2.1 3000 Kingston Hyper X Cloud Core 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Athlon 860K Asus A88X-Pro MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G-Skill Ares 2133 CL10 8GB (2x4GB) Seagate ST1000VX003 Samsung HD502HI Arctic Cooling Freezer A30 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Razer Lycrosa Seagate M12II 620W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Celeron G1840 MSI Z97-Guard Pro Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 4G Gigabyte RX570 Gaming 4G 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
XFX RX480 reference edition 8G Gigabyte RX570 Gaming 4g Gigabyte RX570 Gaming 4G G-Skill Ares F3-1600C9D 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 750 Evo 120GB Stock  Windows 10 Pro  Gigabyte XP1200M 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62330 of 67910
Some can do better than the others. Pretty much like Core clocking capabilities anyway.

I don't believe them saying they are better refined as they cannot refine the architecture just for the 9590 line. That's just a waste of investment really. If they did, and if they can, well they could have improve a ton of things for the better for the whole FX line. rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club