Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 650

post #6491 of 67222
finally, mother of gods!!!
http://valid.canardpc.com/2639322 FX-8320 @5Ghz or close.

My voltage is 1.512 but may change to 1.524

*CPU VDDA v2.700
CPU/NB v1.300
DRAM v1.600
*NB v1.200

=D

Now i need to know wich one of this * im overvolting

Edit: I need more V in CPU because it freezed recording a video.
Testing with 1.524(jumps to 1.536) its feel more more stable of course i havent use prime or intelburn test, but im playing videos and recording and everything seems ok.

Edit2:Fail me again i need more voltage but im close!
Edited by Vlackrs - 1/4/13 at 2:16am
post #6492 of 67222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlackrs View Post

finally, mother of gods!!!
http://valid.canardpc.com/2639322 FX-8320 @5Ghz or close.

My voltage is 1.512 but may change to 1.524

CPU VDDA v2.700
CPU/NB v1.300
DRAM v1.600
*NB HT v1.150
*NB v1.200

=D

Now i need to know wich one of this * im overvolting

thumb.gif
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6493 of 67222
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrix216 View Post

Yea I have. I had 4.7 at a certain voltage pass 10 runs of IBT multiple times and the next day fail after 2 passes.

Me too lol. All was great before i installed the new amd files biggrin.gif now i cant get stable at 4.9 with IBT. Though i am stable with prime at that clock@1.5v
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6494 of 67222
Quote:
Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post

I accept your criticism, but I still doubt that 6+2 phase designed motherboards will hold up over extended periods of time like 2 years or more. I guess that would depend on transistor quality in the MOSFETs. I may have overstated the case but I myself would rather pay extra not to experience problems down the line with heat and voltages.

I wasnt criticising you really. I was just trying to get my point across to you as you seemed to have tunnel vision and wasnt prepared to accept anyones views

I do understand what you were trying to say about 8+2.

The guy i think has got the same board as me. M5A99X evo. Its a £100 board which isnt cheap by any standards unless you are on 50K a year then it would be just pocket change haha

The sabertooth is only £40ish more and if i knew then what i know now i would of gone with the sabertooth lol.

With the evo ive hit 5ghz but for some reason its downclocking under stressing. I got everything off, temps are wonderful voltages are great but still it downclocks. NB heatsinks i can touch so they aren't too hot

I dont understand why it does this but maybe ive reached the limit of my board. 4.9ghz and under is fine.
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6495 of 67222
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

I wanted to bring this back up..it brings a valid point.. that so far I haven't had to test.. can someone else verify that socket temps reaching 70c are in fact creating instability?

I've experienced this with both the 8320 and 8350, but I don't know if it's caused by high temps of socket, core or VRMs.

I did a load of stress testing with my case out of the AV rack and with a high speed fan in the lid. All was stable and the socket was in the low 60s, cores around 55C and VRMs were high 60s to low 70s. When it went back in it's rack, and with quieter fans, the stress testing temps went up 5-10c all round and it wasn't stable any more at the same settings.

Also, when I got the new rad up and running and temps were reduced 15-20C I was able to get the same OC stable with lower volts. IMO these set ups are sensitive to temps, but I don't know for sure if it's the CPU or my board. I'd be surprised if it's the board as VRMs are good for 100C IIRC.
post #6496 of 67222
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

darn i was hoping for some breakthrough haha

My guess for now is that it's related to Power Supply. As we know, heat effects voltage quality. The VRM's are directly connected to the Socket. My Power Supply is not rated well for the type of load/amperage that Piledriver uses.
I'm going to be switching to a Corsiar TX750 V2 this weekend so I guess I'll see. (wish I could budget for a AX760i)
post #6497 of 67222
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post

I accept your criticism, but I still doubt that 6+2 phase designed motherboards will hold up over extended periods of time like 2 years or more. I guess that would depend on transistor quality in the MOSFETs. I may have overstated the case but I myself would rather pay extra not to experience problems down the line with heat and voltages.

I wasnt criticising you really. I was just trying to get my point across to you as you seemed to have tunnel vision and wasnt prepared to accept anyones views

I do understand what you were trying to say about 8+2.

The guy i think has got the same board as me. M5A99X evo. Its a £100 board which isnt cheap by any standards unless you are on 50K a year then it would be just pocket change haha

The sabertooth is only £40ish more and if i knew then what i know now i would of gone with the sabertooth lol.

With the evo ive hit 5ghz but for some reason its downclocking under stressing. I got everything off, temps are wonderful voltages are great but still it downclocks. NB heatsinks i can touch so they aren't too hot

I dont understand why it does this but maybe ive reached the limit of my board. 4.9ghz and under is fine.

If you're still on that 500w, look at that. Seriously, that is not a good enough PSU for a heavily OC'd PD, especially if it's multi-rail and not throwing enough amps the CPU's way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerRestore View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

darn i was hoping for some breakthrough haha

My guess for now is that it's related to Power Supply. As we know, heat effects voltage quality. The VRM's are directly connected to the Socket. My Power Supply is not rated well for the type of load/amperage that Piledriver uses.
I'm going to be switching to a Corsiar TX750 V2 this weekend so I guess I'll see. (wish I could budget for a AX760i)

I've got a TX750 V2 backing up my 8320 @ 5.2 and 6970s at 940/1450 for benching, it'll handle anything you give it short of Tri-Fire/SLI. thumb.gif
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 2x AMD R9-FuryX 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 2x Acer XR341CK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake X9 Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 Objective2+ODAC REV B Sound Blaster ZxR Audio Technica AT2020 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 2x AMD R9-FuryX 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 2x Acer XR341CK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake X9 Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 Objective2+ODAC REV B Sound Blaster ZxR Audio Technica AT2020 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6498 of 67222
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

I've got a TX750 V2 backing up my 8320 @ 5.2 and 6970s at 940/1450 for benching, it'll handle anything you give it short of Tri-Fire/SLI. thumb.gif

That's actually the reason for my choice biggrin.gif I thought hmm, what does Kyad use. That and it's rated very well for the price.
I bought this ModExtreme OCZ PSU, for someone on a budget, and then they decided they wanted my old Corsair PSU, so I got stuck with it. At least I made money on my Corsair, so....
post #6499 of 67222
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerRestore View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

I've got a TX750 V2 backing up my 8320 @ 5.2 and 6970s at 940/1450 for benching, it'll handle anything you give it short of Tri-Fire/SLI. thumb.gif

That's actually the reason for my choice biggrin.gif I thought hmm, what does Kyad use. That and it's rated very well for the price.
I bought this ModExtreme OCZ PSU, for someone on a budget, and then they decided they wanted my old Corsair PSU, so I got stuck with it. At least I made money on my Corsair, so....

Bleh, you need to scrape up 14 more rep so you can sell things in the marketplace. I'm sure there's someone who would like that OCZ PSU at the right price. tongue.gif
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 2x AMD R9-FuryX 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 2x Acer XR341CK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake X9 Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 Objective2+ODAC REV B Sound Blaster ZxR Audio Technica AT2020 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 2x AMD R9-FuryX 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 2x Acer XR341CK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake X9 Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 Objective2+ODAC REV B Sound Blaster ZxR Audio Technica AT2020 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6500 of 67222
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

If you're still on that 500w, look at that. Seriously, that is not a good enough PSU for a heavily OC'd PD, especially if it's multi-rail and not throwing enough amps the CPU's way.
I've got a TX750 V2 backing up my 8320 @ 5.2 and 6970s at 940/1450 for benching, it'll handle anything you give it short of Tri-Fire/SLI. thumb.gif

I bought a a 750w psu fella wink.gif
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club