Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 774

post #7731 of 67015
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooliegsm View Post

i have my cpu on stock speed, not OC...i read on AC homepage ( http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/263/freezer-64-pro.html ) that my cooler is good for my cpu (even for 8350), and other forums said that if i dont want to OC (and i dont want) its ok for it...but maybe you are right, i think first i change my chassis, and then the orientation of my cpu cooler (right now i had only one direction, couse my chassis is not so big frown.gif ). thanks for your reply.

the memory issue is wierd, yes, i do manually changed the values that my ram writes, and also i tried the ones from other forums i found for this ram, but my mobo says at boot that there is some error and my ram goes on 1600. yes, i disabled the option that make my ram to default and i also tried to enable OC for it.

hey again.

I know what the site says but from my own experience its a very poor cooler. I guess they say these things in order to sell their product lol. Its like some motherboards that say the fx 8320/50 are compatible with their boards when in all honesty the boards are very poor and don't handle these chips well. These chips do run hot and the cooler simply cannot handle it. I guess you get what you pay for.

You could try reseating the cooler and putting a bit less thermal paste on and see if your temps get better its worth a shot.

Also i tried looking at your boards compatabiltiy list for memory and i cant see your memory listed for 1866. Could be a factor that its just not compatable for the board. Though some memory do work if they arent on the list but sometimes its hit or miss
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7732 of 67015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

hey again.

I know what the site says but from my own experience its a very poor cooler. I guess they say these things in order to sell their product lol. Its like some motherboards that say the fx 8320/50 are compatible with their boards when in all honesty the boards are very poor and don't handle these chips well. These chips do run hot and the cooler simply cannot handle it. I guess you get what you pay for.

You could try reseating the cooler and putting a bit less thermal paste on and see if your temps get better its worth a shot.

Also i tried looking at your boards compatabiltiy list for memory and i cant see your memory listed for 1866. Could be a factor that its just not compatable for the board. Though some memory do work if they arent on the list but sometimes its hit or miss

i understand what you say and maybe you are right. after a chassis change (i made the change in 1-2 weeks i think, and then i reseat my cooler too), if i still get these temps, i change my cooler. what cooler you prefer?

the memory is not on the list, i saw that, but my mobo, at gigabyte-s page, can handle 1866. maybe i made a try with another ram (i ask one of my friends to give me one pair to test) that on the list.

what program should i use to make my cpu work on 100% to check the maximum temp it got?
so without oc the core temp must say under 62c with max cpu load?

thanks for your reply mate.
post #7733 of 67015
Getting 4.6 stable @ 1.44125 in OCCT for 6 hours which I am happy with (phanteks ph-tc14pe), 54 core temp, which I am going to stick with for now.

I'd like to push for more, 4.7 is stable at 1.4875 (a huge jump in vcore for 100mhz), the vcore jump unfortunately drives a lot more heat, and I start hitting 62 on the cores.

Anything greater than this becomes impossible due to heat, the system is stable for day-day usage, but if I were to bench / stress test it will fail.

Might try seeing if overclocking via the FSB is kinder to the vcore / temps.
post #7734 of 67015
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooliegsm View Post

i understand what you say and maybe you are right. after a chassis change (i made the change in 1-2 weeks i think, and then i reseat my cooler too), if i still get these temps, i change my cooler. what cooler you prefer?

the memory is not on the list, i saw that, but my mobo, at gigabyte-s page, can handle 1866. maybe i made a try with another ram (i ask one of my friends to give me one pair to test) that on the list.

what program should i use to make my cpu work on 100% to check the maximum temp it got?
so without oc the core temp must say under 62c with max cpu load?

thanks for your reply mate.

Dont ask me about coolers lol i only like 1 air cooler and thats the noctua NH D14. I am biased towards noctua as i just think its a great cooler. though the Phanteks PH-TC14PE is a good cooler as is the silverarrow

Also it depends on the size of your new case. The decent aftermarket coolers are pretty big and you need to make sure they will fit your case.

Just do some research before you buy your new case and all will be well.

Most use IBT for stressing for temps along with OCCT.

As for checking temps i think most use hwmonitor,(look for package temp, which are your core temps) core temp and hwinfo64.

Yes max core temp of 62C is generally what most people head for. Although some go over that to 70C for short periods and dont have any problems. This is done off your own back and im not advocating this rolleyes.gif

hope this helps
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7735 of 67015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

Dont ask me about coolers lol i only like 1 air cooler and thats the noctua NH D14. I am biased towards noctua as i just think its a great cooler. though the Phanteks PH-TC14PE is a good cooler as is the silverarrow

Also it depends on the size of your new case. The decent aftermarket coolers are pretty big and you need to make sure they will fit your case.

Just do some research before you buy your new case and all will be well.

Most use IBT for stressing for temps along with OCCT.

As for checking temps i think most use hwmonitor,(look for package temp, which are your core temps) core temp and hwinfo64.

Yes max core temp of 62C is generally what most people head for. Although some go over that to 70C for short periods and dont have any problems. This is done off your own back and im not advocating this rolleyes.gif

hope this helps

of course, you help with every words

thanks, i will download ibt and make my test. for cooler i checked hd14, but its a little more expensive than other ones. biggrin.gif anyway i not dispute that this is a very good cooler.

for case i want some that have two 12cm vents, one (maybe two) for rear one for front, and something bigger than now, couse i think thats a main thing in my problem, so i will made a search for it, and for the future, i will check that some good cooler will fits in it.

so core temp is ok, i use it and i like it.

thanks again!
post #7736 of 67015
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooliegsm View Post

of course, you help with every words

thanks, i will download ibt and make my test. for cooler i checked hd14, but its a little more expensive than other ones. biggrin.gif anyway i not dispute that this is a very good cooler.

for case i want some that have two 12cm vents, one (maybe two) for rear one for front, and something bigger than now, couse i think thats a main thing in my problem, so i will made a search for it, and for the future, i will check that some good cooler will fits in it.

so core temp is ok, i use it and i like it.

thanks again!

Just to make it clear, when we say "core temp" we mean the value associated with the CPU cores, also shown as "package temp" in some software, and not to the CoreTemp program itself. You should have two cpu temp readings: Core temp/package temp and socket temp/cpu temp. Like I and gertruude said, 62c max temps on the cores is what most people aim at.
Your cooler is indeed not a great one, but it should be better and quieter than the stock cooler, and the stock cooler should keep the core temp under 62c by itself on the 8320. So, I believe that either:
- you're looking at the socket temp not the core temp, in which case your core temp should be somewhere around mid 50c which is totally fine;
- the cooler may not be properly seated or the thermal compound not properly applied, in which case you could be seeing those temps on the core.

So please check if it's your socket temp or your core temp, use a sowftware like hwmonitor or hwinfo (use google, they're free to download).

Here's a screenshot of hwmonitor, CPU0 in red is the temp you should be looking at, it's the core temp. The other readings are from the motherboard sensors.


If you don't intend on overclocking (or not yet anyway) it may not be necessary to change your cooling for stock clocks, depending on whether that's your core or your socket temps.
RyZen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen r7 1700 ASUS PRIME X370-PRO GTX 1070 Founders Edition 16GB GSkill RipV K2 3200MHz C16  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X210 Solid State Drive WesternDigital Caviar Green 1TB Corsair H110i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XF270HU 144Hz IPS Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze 620W Phanteks Eclipse P400 
Mouse
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
RyZen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen r7 1700 ASUS PRIME X370-PRO GTX 1070 Founders Edition 16GB GSkill RipV K2 3200MHz C16  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X210 Solid State Drive WesternDigital Caviar Green 1TB Corsair H110i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XF270HU 144Hz IPS Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze 620W Phanteks Eclipse P400 
Mouse
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7737 of 67015
Quote:
Originally Posted by bios_R_us View Post

Just to make it clear, when we say "core temp" we mean the value associated with the CPU cores, also shown as "package temp" in some software, and not to the CoreTemp program itself. You should have two cpu temp readings: Core temp/package temp and socket temp/cpu temp. Like I and gertruude said, 62c max temps on the cores is what most people aim at.
Your cooler is indeed not a great one, but it should be better and quieter than the stock cooler, and the stock cooler should keep the core temp under 62c by itself on the 8320. So, I believe that either:
- you're looking at the socket temp not the core temp, in which case your core temp should be somewhere around mid 50c which is totally fine;
- the cooler may not be properly seated or the thermal compound not properly applied, in which case you could be seeing those temps on the core.

So please check if it's your socket temp or your core temp, use a sowftware like hwmonitor or hwinfo (use google, they're free to download).

Here's a screenshot of hwmonitor, CPU0 in red is the temp you should be looking at, it's the core temp. The other readings are from the motherboard sensors.

If you don't intend on overclocking (or not yet anyway) it may not be necessary to change your cooling for stock clocks, depending on whether that's your core or your socket temps.

i chechked hwinfo64 and it show me the same value at your red mark that the core temp software, that there is 61-62c when i run cinebench 1-2-3 times.

i checked the cooler yesterday, and i changed the compound on it, and i get the same values. frown.gif
post #7738 of 67015
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooliegsm View Post

i chechked hwinfo64 and it show me the same value at your red mark that the core temp software, that there is 61-62c when i run cinebench 1-2-3 times.

i checked the cooler yesterday, and i changed the compound on it, and i get the same values. frown.gif

Then that settles it, you need a new cooler :-) 61-62c during cinebench at stock is not cool, pun intended.

If you don't mind playing around, you can try slightly undervolting it before you get a new cooler. Since you said you're not looking to OC, there's usually headroom for undervolting. People have the 8320s running at stock speeds and 1.2v sometimes, maybe even less if the chip is really good. From the experience gained with the two 8320s that I've had the stock VID on them is rather high. I've had 1.4v and 1.3875v but that's not necessarily the voltage needed.

You can try something like 1.25-1.275v with everything else at stock, see what temps you get with that. Test it a bit with IBT or OCCT (20 runs on Very High with IBT and/or 1h in OCCT). If you're stable at those volts you should see a pretty good drop in temps depending on what your stock VID was (even up to8-10c-ish?).
RyZen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen r7 1700 ASUS PRIME X370-PRO GTX 1070 Founders Edition 16GB GSkill RipV K2 3200MHz C16  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X210 Solid State Drive WesternDigital Caviar Green 1TB Corsair H110i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XF270HU 144Hz IPS Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze 620W Phanteks Eclipse P400 
Mouse
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
RyZen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen r7 1700 ASUS PRIME X370-PRO GTX 1070 Founders Edition 16GB GSkill RipV K2 3200MHz C16  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X210 Solid State Drive WesternDigital Caviar Green 1TB Corsair H110i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XF270HU 144Hz IPS Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze 620W Phanteks Eclipse P400 
Mouse
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7739 of 67015
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooliegsm View Post

i chechked hwinfo64 and it show me the same value at your red mark that the core temp software, that there is 61-62c when i run cinebench 1-2-3 times.

i checked the cooler yesterday, and i changed the compound on it, and i get the same values. frown.gif

as far as cooler id go with something that gertrude was saying.. you want as much cooling as possible if you are going to OC.. in order to hit 5ghz you will be needing to look at top end closed loop water with push pull or go with a custom loop..

and im sure that case isn't doing you any good either.. almost seems like you are circulating hot air though your heatsink and that would bring temps up

im not familar with the ud3 but by chance in the BIOS have you tried to manually set the ram at 1866?
Edited by F3ERS 2 ASH3S - 1/27/13 at 11:11am
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7740 of 67015
hey guys smile.gif

tried to oc the 8350 my kiddo has this weekend,
man, tough job, for got alot about how to oc amd's,
we couldnt even get 4.5ghz stable with 1.5V vcore!!
im thinking its something else holding it back, maybe the mobo is just to old now idk,
even 4.4ghz was a no go ..i just dont understand..
for now i just left it on stock again..

my Question,
most 8350's can do 4.4-4.5ghz easy right?
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club