Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club - Page 811

post #8101 of 67895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayleyne View Post

Out of curiosity, Under phase change cooling what do you think max oc for Vishera is? for 24/7 5.3? 5.5? 5.7?

Depends on your chip mostly. Mine definitely couldn't do 5ghz on conventional cooling. TBH I haven't really tested for high stable overclocks on my rig because I just like to bench and game little on the side. But here's a little run to get an idea about how a somewhat below average chip might get (would probably get better vcore etc. if I really tweaked the thing but I just did a quick run this time) :



(and don't mind the "original" part in occt, I accidentally added an extra multiplier step in the bios in a hurry)
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8102 of 67895
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlanK3r View Post

and whats your cooling? Looks very good, it must run Cinebench after at 5400 MHz at least!


Thanks, That posting was a cold start up this am just to show the highest clock I have got yet...Those temps sky rocketed after a while to the point of shutdown.I can't get a 5.4Ghz clock at all,not even long enough to screen shot it.
post #8103 of 67895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Depends on your chip mostly. Mine definitely couldn't do 5ghz on conventional cooling. TBH I haven't really tested for high stable overclocks on my rig because I just like to bench and game little on the side. But here's a little run to get an idea about how a somewhat below average chip might get (would probably get better vcore etc. if I really tweaked the thing but I just did a quick run this time) :



(and don't mind the "original" part in occt, I accidentally added an extra multiplier step in the bios in a hurry)

Awesome! Thanks for posting this.
post #8104 of 67895
This Question is for the guys on here that have been OC'ing a long time and have legitimate searchable record clocks... There seems to be 2 camps
A-FSB clocking
B-CPU multiplier clocking

For the Vishera? What seems to net the highest performance across the board?
post #8105 of 67895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serker24 View Post

IDK you tell me?Maybe a little Photoshop editing on your part?... That was 4hrs ago, definitely unstable and was the first cold run of the day. I think HW monitor was not showing real results because the machine was cold started about 30min prior to the screen shot.Here is what it's running a few minutes ago.I backed down the OC to 4.6Ghz
The IBT scores are lower,Voltages lower,The temps are way Higher... No water yet.I'm lazy today and just don't want to tear into it.Still pushing Air.



About vcore? Unlike some who push this well beyond what AMD says is safe.I am trying to get a stable clock with it as low as possible.
I have what I need now as far as all the different limits.Water is next.I won't post anymore data until then.This thing is all over the place.
Different IBT results,Different Temps,Different Voltages...Just finding settings that work is a chore.
I am trying to do what we all do...Get the highest safe OC MAX this will do for a home user

Your flops at 5.2ghz are basically the same as they were at 4.6ghz. You are throttling. You need to disable the throttling on the CPU and on the motherboard.

You should run Cinebench R11.5 so we can check scores if it's throttling. I can do a little under 8.3 in CB11.5 at 4.9ghz. My highest was 8.89 somewhat below 5.2ghz. If you are at 5.2ghz you should be scoring around 8.8 or 8.9. Make sure to set the process priority to high so background processes don't affect score as much.
Tyrant Kuma
(13 items)
 
Starscythe
(13 items)
 
Mobility
(6 items)
 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
Opteron 8431 Opteron 8431 Opteron 8431 Opteron 8431 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Super Micro h8qme-2+ Sapphire 4870 Samsung DDR2 ECC 667mhz western digital caviar blue 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
FX 8350 stock cooler FX 6300 stock cooler Gentoo Linux 2x Silverstone PSU 
Case
Custom Fabbed Steel Case 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 7970 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Gentoo Linux Windows 7 x64 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Corsair K90 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 850W 80 PLUS... Antec 1200 Logitech G9x Asus Xonar D2X 
Other
XSPC RS360 Raystorm with custom radiator mounts 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
a4 5000 Radeon HD 8330 8GB G. Skill DDR3 1600 9-9-9 Gentoo Linux 
OSOther
Windows 7 Lenovo Thinkpad x140e 
  hide details  
Reply
Tyrant Kuma
(13 items)
 
Starscythe
(13 items)
 
Mobility
(6 items)
 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
Opteron 8431 Opteron 8431 Opteron 8431 Opteron 8431 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Super Micro h8qme-2+ Sapphire 4870 Samsung DDR2 ECC 667mhz western digital caviar blue 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
FX 8350 stock cooler FX 6300 stock cooler Gentoo Linux 2x Silverstone PSU 
Case
Custom Fabbed Steel Case 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 7970 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Gentoo Linux Windows 7 x64 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Corsair K90 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 850W 80 PLUS... Antec 1200 Logitech G9x Asus Xonar D2X 
Other
XSPC RS360 Raystorm with custom radiator mounts 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
a4 5000 Radeon HD 8330 8GB G. Skill DDR3 1600 9-9-9 Gentoo Linux 
OSOther
Windows 7 Lenovo Thinkpad x140e 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8106 of 67895
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serker24 View Post

This Question is for the guys on here that have been OC'ing a long time and have legitimate searchable record clocks... There seems to be 2 camps
A-FSB clocking
B-CPU multiplier clocking

For the Vishera? What seems to net the highest performance across the board?

Neither. Bus clocking is something you do to fine tune your overclock to get that extra hundred mhz or so, or if you need to get HT/NB/RAM past what the multipliers will allow. Some people prefer it, but it doesn't make a difference on PD. The best you can do is a combination of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlvx View Post

Your flops at 5.2ghz are basically the same as they were at 4.6ghz. You are throttling. You need to disable the throttling on the CPU and on the motherboard.

You should run Cinebench R11.5 so we can check scores if it's throttling. I can do a little under 8.3 in CB11.5 at 4.9ghz. My highest was 8.89 somewhat below 5.2ghz. If you are at 5.2ghz you should be scoring around 8.8 or 8.9. Make sure to set the process priority to high so background processes don't affect score as much.

I want him to match my scores as well.
5Ghz: 8.57
5.2Ghz: 8.85

I forgot to set the process priority. Oops.
Edited by KyadCK - 2/3/13 at 2:20pm
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8107 of 67895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serker24 View Post

AHH the EVO 212, Well? 4.5-4.7GHZ max stable.I had mine at about 5.0Ghz running daily for almost a month,But when I did finally stress it...it failed.I get attacked daily on here about the 212 evo and at this point just post to get a rise:thumb:(GREAT ENTERTAINMENT BTW), But for a $30.00 cooler it is GREAT.There are many claims online that 5.0+Ghz is stable with one, including a claim I made,but after hours of stressing at all sorts of settings above 4.8Ghz it is not stable no matter what settings I have made.Everyone's setup is different though.


Well i'm currently running folding rig with i5-3570k @ 4.6 and 1.32v with push pull evo 212 (also have suicide benched with this cooling at 5.1 ghz 1.6v), i'll be swaping to h100i for i5 and use evo on that 8320 thats coming sometime next mid-week. Also yes i know every cpu/rig is different, just was looking for aprox. values to aim for.
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8108 of 67895
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeans69 View Post

Well i'm currently running folding rig with i5-3570k @ 4.6 and 1.32v with push pull evo 212 (also have suicide benched with this cooling at 5.1 ghz 1.6v), i'll be swaping to h100i for i5 and use evo on that 8320 thats coming sometime next mid-week. Also yes i know every cpu/rig is different, just was looking for aprox. values to aim for.

Somewhere from 4.4Ghz to 4.6Ghz.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8109 of 67895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serker24 View Post

IDK you tell me?Maybe a little Photoshop editing on your part?... That was 4hrs ago, definitely unstable and was the first cold run of the day. I think HW monitor was not showing real results because the machine was cold started about 30min prior to the screen shot.Here is what it's running a few minutes ago.I backed down the OC to 4.6Ghz
The IBT scores are lower,Voltages lower,The temps are way Higher... No water yet.I'm lazy today and just don't want to tear into it.Still pushing Air.

r

photoshop on my part? everyone knows i dont falsify results like you.

you want proof? i know how u did it and ive replicated your screenshot. nice toolbar on the above screenshot nice n black.



i got a nice black one too



nice blue toolbar, i got a nice blue one too just like yours. i didnt know which clock you started frmo so i guessed and what do you know amazing isnt it



What he did boys and girls is he ran the ibt test at one clock then he started up cpuz and then he went into asus suite as seen in his screenshot and changed the vcore then he changed the clock to 5.2ghz. you know this by the toolbar changing colour

and tried passing it off as a authentic result. which he stated in an earlier post

do not trust this guy one bit and hes making us all look like fools
Edited by gertruude - 2/3/13 at 2:57pm
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 asus sabertooth 990fx R9 290 DC2 kingston hyper x beast 1866 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
fractal design kelvin s36 windows 10 pro Acer G245HQ Saitek Cyborg V5 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Graphite series 780T corsair m90 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8110 of 67895
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

photoshop on my part? everyone knows i dont falsify results like you.

you want proof? i know how u did it and ive replicated your screenshot. nice toolbar on the above screenshot nice n black.



i got a nice black one too



nice blue toolbar, i got a nice blue one too just like yours. i didnt know which clock you started frmo so i guessed and what do you know amazing isnt it



What he did boys and girls is he ran the ibt test at one clock then he started up cpuz and then he went into asus suite as seen in his screenshot and changed the vcore then he changed the clock to 5.2ghz. you know this by the toolbar changing colour

and tried passing it off as a authentic result. which he stated in an earlier post

do not trust this guy one bit and hes making us all look like fools

You are doing a fine job at that on your own...I am impressed with your photo manipulation skills for sure.Proves me earlier statement about you being good at that.I wouldn't have dreamed such a thing and do not have time for that rubbish.thumb.gif As far as trust goes I have a DOD clearance and manage the largest security company in Colorado.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club