Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Other Cooling Discussions › Average Costs for Cooling Types...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Average Costs for Cooling Types... - Page 2

post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae804 View Post
I don't think that's what he's looking for... this is more along the lines of what he's looking for:


Air: $65. $50-55 for a HSF, and then $$10-15 for a higher CFM fan
Water: $300 Custom. Surf the forum better and you'll see what to get
Phase: $800-1000, but OZC has a new product that could easily bring this down to $200-300 when it comes out on the market
Cascade Phase: $2000-3000, i believe that most of these are custom made by people. I think it'll be hard to straight-up buy one.

As for peltier, this is only effecient w/ water and air, but you'll have to have a new or another PSU (~$60) and the pelt plates ($20-40 each). Just add that cost on to what's above. That is generally what you'll be looking at.
Thats pretty high prices man... for everything! I think my listing is much more detailed. Not everyone is looking to buy the best of everything, so i listed the most value for cooling type, to the best.



AIR: $25-70 (ranges from the arctic freezer pro to the Tuniq Tower 120 + price of better fan if you feel the need)
Water: $145- 300+ ( ranges from a cheapo TT Bigwater to a complete custom build)
Phase: ~$300 - 1000+ (ranges from OCZ's new phase unit up to custom cascades)
Pelt(TEC):~$75- Any amount( ranges from a 226w pelt cooled by a TT120 or BT to a pelt cooled by phase change,the more you cool, the lower the temps)
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Not wanting, merely suggesting. I've noticed a slight lag in recent FAQ's... trying to come up with newer ideas for the most recent questions out there. A lot of folks seem confused as to why they should not buy the 60 dollar water cooling kit compared to the 200 danger den kit, etc. etc. Hell, my neighbor bought a water block and asked me how he should install it, even though he hasn't any of the other equipment to finish the kit. If he had any idea of what the complete cost would be, he'd of never purchased the block in the first place...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G0 Quad @ 3.6Ghz P35C-DS3R EVGA 8800GTS 512MB 2Gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor SATA II 500Gb LG 20x SATA XP Professional Corporate 220WM Samsung 
PowerCaseMouse
Apevia 420Watt Apevia X-QPack G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G0 Quad @ 3.6Ghz P35C-DS3R EVGA 8800GTS 512MB 2Gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor SATA II 500Gb LG 20x SATA XP Professional Corporate 220WM Samsung 
PowerCaseMouse
Apevia 420Watt Apevia X-QPack G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae804 View Post
I don't think that's what he's looking for... this is more along the lines of what he's looking for:


Air: $65. $50-55 for a HSF, and then $$10-15 for a higher CFM fan
Water: $300 Custom. Surf the forum better and you'll see what to get
Phase: $800-1000, but OZC has a new product that could easily bring this down to $200-300 when it comes out on the market
Cascade Phase: $2000-3000, i believe that most of these are custom made by people. I think it'll be hard to straight-up buy one.

As for peltier, this is only effecient w/ water and air, but you'll have to have a new or another PSU (~$60) and the pelt plates ($20-40 each). Just add that cost on to what's above. That is generally what you'll be looking at.


I think thats what he was looking for

now someone put it in graph form

BTW I got my mach II for $212

I also built the water cooling in my sig for like $200

BTW guys, the OCZ Phase isnt going to be very good

I saw some tests on it and on full load on a P4 the temp was like 10c
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600/E6600/P4 515/Celery 352 ASUS P5K Premium Black Pearl PNY 8800GTX Gskill HZ 1000s D9GKX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Raptors 36gb Raid 0 Lite On Sata DVD-RW Custom XP Pro Dual 22" Westys WS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
A4 Tech Slim Tagan 1100w U95 TurboJet Gigabyte 3D Aurora The Original G5 
Mouse Pad
Giant Rubber / Felt Pad (awesome) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600/E6600/P4 515/Celery 352 ASUS P5K Premium Black Pearl PNY 8800GTX Gskill HZ 1000s D9GKX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Raptors 36gb Raid 0 Lite On Sata DVD-RW Custom XP Pro Dual 22" Westys WS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
A4 Tech Slim Tagan 1100w U95 TurboJet Gigabyte 3D Aurora The Original G5 
Mouse Pad
Giant Rubber / Felt Pad (awesome) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
screw your machII and 212 you got it for. I hate you. *kicks tires on WC kit, wishing he got a deal like that*
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G0 Quad @ 3.6Ghz P35C-DS3R EVGA 8800GTS 512MB 2Gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor SATA II 500Gb LG 20x SATA XP Professional Corporate 220WM Samsung 
PowerCaseMouse
Apevia 420Watt Apevia X-QPack G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G0 Quad @ 3.6Ghz P35C-DS3R EVGA 8800GTS 512MB 2Gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor SATA II 500Gb LG 20x SATA XP Professional Corporate 220WM Samsung 
PowerCaseMouse
Apevia 420Watt Apevia X-QPack G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2killU View Post
I think thats what he was looking for

now someone put it in graph form

BTW I got my mach II for $212

I also built the water cooling in my sig for like $200

BTW guys, the OCZ Phase isnt going to be very good

I saw some tests on it and on full load on a P4 the temp was like 10c
Ya these prices are estimates as new units... not used. Used can be found for muchcheaper! I built my WC setup for about $160 i got the D4 pump used from someone on here, than i bout all other parts new on sale...
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbasil1 View Post
Thats pretty high prices man... for everything! I think my listing is much more detailed. Not everyone is looking to buy the best of everything, so i listed the most value for cooling type, to the best.



AIR: $25-70 (this ranges from the arctic freezer pro to the Tuniq Tower 120)
Water: $145- 300+ ( ranges from a cheapo TT Bigwater to a complete custom build)
Phase: ~$300 - 1000+ (ranges from OCZ's new phase unit up to custom cascades)
Pelt(TEC):~$75- Any amount( ranges from a 226w pelt cooled by a TT120 or BT to a pelt cooled by phase change,the more you cool, the lower the temps)
I was just putting down what would be suggested by members here. If someone comes here wanting water, everyone here'll say "No, don't go with a kit, build custom" then BAM, they're 250 atlest (everything new). I knwo you can easily go lower, but not many people here on the forum will suggest they spend too much less.

As for the cascade, i wasn't sure at all... i just made a guess, but i am pretty sure that there aren't companies selling cascaded phases.

off topic a little bit, but will a phase'd tec change the temp that much?
Monster Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 P5K Deluxe 3870 2X1GB Geil 800 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4 x 250 barracuda's 2 x DVD Writers Windows 7 22" Acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor 600W GameXStream TT Armor Modded Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 P5K Deluxe 3870 2X1GB Geil 800 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4 x 250 barracuda's 2 x DVD Writers Windows 7 22" Acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor 600W GameXStream TT Armor Modded Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae804 View Post
I was just putting down what would be suggested by members here. If someone comes here wanting water, everyone here'll say "No, don't go with a kit, build custom" then BAM, they're 250 atlest (everything new). I knwo you can easily go lower, but not many people here on the forum will suggest they spend too much less.

As for the cascade, i wasn't sure at all... i just made a guess, but i am pretty sure that there aren't companies selling cascaded phases.

off topic a little bit, but will a phase'd tec change the temp that much?
Yes, a tec has a temperature difference that is constant. Its called a delta. And no matter what, if your supplying power to it, it will have this delta. So if the unit has a delta of 40 degrees, then if you freeze the hot side to -100c, then th cold side will get down to -140. Though there are limits to this, and im still actually reading into it all. Im pretty sure the lower you try and go, the more powerful tec you will need just as you need a larger tec the hotter the object is your trying to cool.
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbasil1 View Post
Yes, a tec has a temperature difference that is constant. Its called a delta. And no matter what, if your supplying power to it, it will have this delta. So if the unit has a delta of 40 degrees, then if you freeze the hot side to -100c, then th cold side will get down to -140. Though there are limits to this, and im still actually reading into it all. Im pretty sure the lower you try and go, the more powerful tec you will need just as you need a larger tec the hotter the object is your trying to cool.
Wow, you learn something every day Thanks for the info + rep for that
Monster Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 P5K Deluxe 3870 2X1GB Geil 800 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4 x 250 barracuda's 2 x DVD Writers Windows 7 22" Acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor 600W GameXStream TT Armor Modded Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 P5K Deluxe 3870 2X1GB Geil 800 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4 x 250 barracuda's 2 x DVD Writers Windows 7 22" Acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor 600W GameXStream TT Armor Modded Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 19
Ya, just the thing with tec's is, they are actually horribly inefficient! So trying to cool the hot side of the tec when the cold side is -140 + the heat from a cpu or w/e it may be, is like trying to cool the sun...
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Cooling Discussions
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Other Cooling Discussions › Average Costs for Cooling Types...