Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TF] Megaupload Can’t Come Back Online, U.S. Tells Court
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TF] Megaupload Can’t Come Back Online, U.S. Tells Court - Page 5

post #41 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygaffer View Post

For anyone who wants to know how the police and government forces broke the law in pursuing Dotcom:
1. "Justice Helen Winkelmann found the warrants used to seize Dotcom's property were invalid because they were too broad. "These categories of items were defined in such a way that they would inevitably capture within them both relevant and irrelevant material. The police acted on this authorization. The warrants could not authorize seizure of irrelevant material, and are therefore invalid."
2. The Crown also revealed that police had handed seized hard drives to FBI staff who copied them at the police crime lab in South Auckland and sent the copies back to the US.[49] Justice Winkelmann ruled that handing the hard drives seized in the raid to the FBI was in breach of extradition legislation and the FBI’s cloning of the hard-drives was also invalid.
3. On September 24, 2012 Prime Minister John Key revealed that, at the request of the police, the New Zealand Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) had spied on Dotcom, illegally helping police to locate him and monitor his communications in the weeks prior to the raid on his house.[51] The GCSB is not allowed to spy on New Zealand citizens and Dotcom had been granted permanent residency.
Guess who is going to Hollywood this month to wine and dine Hollywood producers in an effort to get more movies made in New Zealand? The Prime Minister who's cabinet oversaw this completely botched and illegal raid John Key. Guess who else he is visiting with? Chris Dodd, the MPAA senator.
The real criminals in this whole thing were the people who broke all the laws in their desire to give a gift to the US in the hopes it would bring money into the country. They used overly broad and illegal search warrants, they knew they had the wrong order when they did the raid but they did the raid anyway. The illegally allowed the US to copy the drives and send them out of the county. They illegally spied on Kim Dotcom.
That is why people are so appalled and defending Dotcom. It does not matter how bad Kim Dotcom is or isn't, the authorities in this case are so much worse. They abused their positions of power to pursue personal agendas. That is not how a free and democratic government is supposed to work.

You have sources on this?

If this has happened than even a first year law student could get this case thrown out of court. They seized all the evidence they had...I don't think there was any other sources. So if all that evidence is thrown out then there is no case what-so-ever. You see violent criminals getting release every other day due to less technicalities then these. How is the case still going? Though it may be possible the SOME of the evidence they have was seized legally.

They are just dragging their feet since they likely "know" he is guilty of something...they just can't prove it, but once they reach the limit they will have to drop the charges unless they can confuse or bribe the court enough to look the other way. Happens all the time...messed up, but it is the world we live in. Die or adapt and overcome.
Edited by Vagrant Storm - 10/25/12 at 1:38pm
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

You have sources on this?
If this has happened than even a first year law student could get this case thrown out of court. They seized all the evidence they had...I don't think there was any other sources. So if all that evidence is thrown out then there is no case what-so-ever. You see violent criminals getting release every other day due to less technicalities then these. How is the case still going? Though it may be possible the SOME of the evidence they have was seized legally.
They are just dragging their feet since they likely "know" he is guilty of something...they just can't prove it, but once they reach the limit they will have to drop the charges unless they can confuse or bribe the court enough to look the other way. Happens all the time...messed up, but it is the world we live in. Die or adapt and overcome.
torrentfreak.com search megaupload, most if what the guy quoted is on there, and with sources.
My Rig KabyLake
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Corsair Dominator DDR4 3733MHz 16GB CL17 (17-19... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB Western Digital1 TB Western Digital Green 3 TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO SSD 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig A80 Liquid Cooling System Windows 10 pro 64bit Philips 242G5DJEB Ducky shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler MasterSilent Pro M850 Corsair Air 540 Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig KabyLake
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Corsair Dominator DDR4 3733MHz 16GB CL17 (17-19... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB Western Digital1 TB Western Digital Green 3 TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO SSD 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig A80 Liquid Cooling System Windows 10 pro 64bit Philips 242G5DJEB Ducky shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler MasterSilent Pro M850 Corsair Air 540 Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

You have sources on this?
If this has happened than even a first year law student could get this case thrown out of court. They seized all the evidence they had...I don't think there was any other sources. So if all that evidence is thrown out then there is no case what-so-ever. You see violent criminals getting release every other day due to less technicalities then these. How is the case still going? Though it may be possible the SOME of the evidence they have was seized legally.
They are just dragging their feet since they likely "know" he is guilty of something...they just can't prove it, but once they reach the limit they will have to drop the charges unless they can confuse or bribe the court enough to look the other way. Happens all the time...messed up, but it is the world we live in. Die or adapt and overcome.

Sources?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10816121

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10816159

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/27/new-zealand-prime-minister-illegally-spied-on-kim-dotcom_n_1919275.html

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10836179

Yes, I have sources.
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3machi7ke View Post

Oh yes, the age-old theory that two wrongs make a right... rolleyes.gif
He wronged me, so i'mma wrong him and that's okay because he wronged me first...

Agreed. Hate the saying, personally.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5-2500k @Stock MSI P67A-G45 Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3 Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3 
RAMHard DriveOSPower
8GB DDR3 RAM Seagate 500GB 7,500RPM Windows 64-bit EVGA SuperNova P2 850W Platinum 
Case
Carbide Series® Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5-2500k @Stock MSI P67A-G45 Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3 Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3 
RAMHard DriveOSPower
8GB DDR3 RAM Seagate 500GB 7,500RPM Windows 64-bit EVGA SuperNova P2 850W Platinum 
Case
Carbide Series® Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOfIce View Post

I am sorry, but according to the doj the man willfully broke the law. You may not like the law, if you don't change it, but he broke the law. If you break the law you go to jail.

This
post #46 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOfIce View Post

I am sorry, but according to the doj the man willfully broke the law. You may not like the law, if you don't change it, but he broke the law. If you break the law you go to jail.

Actually, somebody broke the law to prove that Dotcom broke the law... which means that all proof was obtained ilegally and thus has no use in court. Its that simple.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 103
I don't get how these governments can break their own laws, which are there for good reason, even if to prosecute somebody else breaking a law. But then its okay for government, but not for the individual (Dotcom). Maybe I'm the only one seeing the double standard here. No one should be above the law. When this happens, it only effectively cheapens the law, which is a lot more important in the long run than prosecuting Kim Dotcom.
Ryzen Messiah
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700X ASRock Taichi X370 Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC (Samsung) 16GB Hynix Single Rank @ 2933Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
120GB OCZ Agility 3 Crucial M4 256GB x 2 Thermaltake Frio Extreme (replaced fans) Windows 10 Pro 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Arch Linux Rolling Yamakasi Catleap Q270SE White CM Storm Quickfire Pro (MX Browns) Corsair TX850 
CaseMouseAudio
Fractal Define R5 Logitech G900s HyperX Cloud Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Messiah
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700X ASRock Taichi X370 Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC (Samsung) 16GB Hynix Single Rank @ 2933Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
120GB OCZ Agility 3 Crucial M4 256GB x 2 Thermaltake Frio Extreme (replaced fans) Windows 10 Pro 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Arch Linux Rolling Yamakasi Catleap Q270SE White CM Storm Quickfire Pro (MX Browns) Corsair TX850 
CaseMouseAudio
Fractal Define R5 Logitech G900s HyperX Cloud Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by prava View Post

Actually, somebody broke the law to prove that Dotcom broke the law... which means that all proof was obtained ilegally and thus has no use in court. Its that simple.

Actually they didn't break the law to prove that Dotcom broke the law. They just shouldn't have (as was the opinion of someone else) gotten the warrant. That is a HUGE difference between "the warrant was too broad" and "they broke the law".
post #49 of 103
dear god. i'm going to guess 75% of people are going based off morality on this case rather than facts. guess it can't be helped with such brainwashed ways of thinking.
post #50 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Naught View Post

Considering he was extradited and all of his stuff was extradited illegally and not returned as is required by law.... You are wrong.

Wow, sweetie calm down. He was not extradited, illegally or legally. Nothing illegal has happened to him yet. He was indicted under US and NZ law. But he is not being water boarded or anything. He is accused of breaking the law. He needs to be in court to sort that out.

Honestly, looking at the evidence, he is accused of pretty grievous offenses. That seems to be pretty clear, but I have not seen that actual evidence against him, so he is innocence until guilty.

You like to talk about what you think they have done illegally in this case, because so far, they have followed the law.
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TF] Megaupload Can’t Come Back Online, U.S. Tells Court