Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Briefmobile] Nexus 10 Leaked + Android 4.2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Briefmobile] Nexus 10 Leaked + Android 4.2 - Page 10

post #91 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post

Ok, troll. Go elsewhere.
Google did not include a microsd not because they want to promote cloud,
http://blog.clove.co.uk/2012/07/10/why-do-nexus-devices-have-no-sd-card-slot/
Don't make assumptions without facts to back it up.

Man, you really need to relax a bit.
Dethkomp
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k @ 4.5Ghz 1.26v Asus Z87 Pro Gigabyte GTX980Ti Windforce OC edition G-Skill 16gb DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256gb Samsung 840 Evo 4tb HDD Samsung DVD Burner 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Corsair H110 Windows 8 Ultimate 64bit Ubuntu 13.04 3x Potalion 27" 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Super Flower 1000w Platinum HAF X CM Storm Spawn 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Experience I-2 Creative Sound Blaster Titanium X-Fi (Heavily m... Yamaha RX-V667 receiver Monitor Audio BX2 5.1 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser RS220 Audio Technica ATM-M50 Samson Meteor Mic Humanscale Freedom chair 
OtherOtherOther
MSFFB2+X52 modded flightstick Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Track IR 5 
  hide details  
Reply
Dethkomp
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k @ 4.5Ghz 1.26v Asus Z87 Pro Gigabyte GTX980Ti Windforce OC edition G-Skill 16gb DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256gb Samsung 840 Evo 4tb HDD Samsung DVD Burner 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Corsair H110 Windows 8 Ultimate 64bit Ubuntu 13.04 3x Potalion 27" 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Super Flower 1000w Platinum HAF X CM Storm Spawn 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Experience I-2 Creative Sound Blaster Titanium X-Fi (Heavily m... Yamaha RX-V667 receiver Monitor Audio BX2 5.1 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser RS220 Audio Technica ATM-M50 Samson Meteor Mic Humanscale Freedom chair 
OtherOtherOther
MSFFB2+X52 modded flightstick Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Track IR 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post

Ok, troll. Go elsewhere.
Google did not include a microsd not because they want to promote cloud,
http://blog.clove.co.uk/2012/07/10/why-do-nexus-devices-have-no-sd-card-slot/
Don't make assumptions without facts to back it up.

I'm sure you didn't intend to quote me there, or direct the "troll" comment at me. I'm simply voicing my displeasure at the missing SD slot, irregardless of the alleged reasoning behind it. I have a Nexus 7 and find the lack of SD slot extremely irritating. It's not a deal-breaker, since the trade-off is pure Android without crapware, but still irritating.

And I have to say, Google's reasoning makes no sense. "We got tired of users running out of space so we're going to revoke their ability to add more space." Hurr?
post #93 of 128
So what's the difference between 4.1 and 4.2? Just some minor adjustment and features? I thought they're ought to improve the battery? thinking.gif

Still yet to get 4.2 with my GS3.
   
Ivy's Panther
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4ghz 1.35v ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Mini ZT-P10800H-10P ... Team Dark Pro 2x8GB 3000Mhz 14-14-14-31 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe Noctua NH-L9a 92mm SSO2 Windows 10 x64 Pro ASUS PG278QR 27" 1440p Gsync 165Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ MX Brown HDPLEX 300W Hi-Fi DC-ATX + Dell 330W AC NFC S4 Mini Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Logitech G440 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4800mq Clevo W230ST Nvidia GTX 765m 8x2GB Samsung ULV 1600 @1.25v 
Hard DriveOS
Sandisk Extreme SSD 480GB Windows Server 2012 R2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770 w/ vpro @ 2.5ghz 0.9v Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 MSI GeForce GTX 660ti Power Edition 4x4gb Samsung MV-3V4G3D 1600-cl7 @ 1.35v 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x480gb Sandisk Extreme SSD Raid0 Prolimatech Samuel+AC4 w/ Corsair SP120 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 LG D2342P 1080p 3D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9100BR Cherry MX-Brown w/ backlight Andyson Platinum 550w Modular Silverstone SG-02B Logitech MX 950 
Mouse PadAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Creative SB SupremeFX III Atheros Killer Wireless-N 1202+BT4.0 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Ivy's Panther
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4ghz 1.35v ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Mini ZT-P10800H-10P ... Team Dark Pro 2x8GB 3000Mhz 14-14-14-31 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe Noctua NH-L9a 92mm SSO2 Windows 10 x64 Pro ASUS PG278QR 27" 1440p Gsync 165Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ MX Brown HDPLEX 300W Hi-Fi DC-ATX + Dell 330W AC NFC S4 Mini Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Logitech G440 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4800mq Clevo W230ST Nvidia GTX 765m 8x2GB Samsung ULV 1600 @1.25v 
Hard DriveOS
Sandisk Extreme SSD 480GB Windows Server 2012 R2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770 w/ vpro @ 2.5ghz 0.9v Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 MSI GeForce GTX 660ti Power Edition 4x4gb Samsung MV-3V4G3D 1600-cl7 @ 1.35v 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x480gb Sandisk Extreme SSD Raid0 Prolimatech Samuel+AC4 w/ Corsair SP120 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 LG D2342P 1080p 3D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9100BR Cherry MX-Brown w/ backlight Andyson Platinum 550w Modular Silverstone SG-02B Logitech MX 950 
Mouse PadAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Creative SB SupremeFX III Atheros Killer Wireless-N 1202+BT4.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNet View Post

This answer tops US presidents in their BS wink.gif
Whatever helps you sleep at night wink.gif
Quote:
So what's the difference between 4.1 and 4.2? Just some minor adjustment and features? I thought they're ought to improve the battery?

Still yet to get 4.2 with my GS3.
Full details on Android 4.2 hasn't been released yet but there are rumors/leaks on the internet if you do some searching, you'll find it. One of the highlight features is multiuser experience on tablets.

You mean 4.1? 4.1 is starting to roll out on phones. I believe Sprint started getting 4.1 as of Friday. This is why I prefer Nexus devices as I get updates as soon as they come out of oven rather than waiting. Someone will quote me and say custom ROMs, not everybody wants to flash custom ROMs. I use custom ROMs, but I also speak on the perspective of users who don't wish to root.
Quote:
Man, you really need to relax a bit.
I'm relaxed. Just gets annoying when people come in the thread and just say no microsd? ok, not getting my money. It's a discussion on Nexus 10 and Android 4.2. Talking about microsd expansion slot just brings it offtopic and a debate.
Edited by zephiK - 10/27/12 at 11:17am
post #95 of 128
looks to be a low of wasted space on that tablet :S screenwise anyway
My Rig KabyLake
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Corsair Dominator DDR4 3733MHz 16GB CL17 (17-19... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB Western Digital1 TB Western Digital Green 3 TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO SSD 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig A80 Liquid Cooling System Windows 10 pro 64bit Philips 242G5DJEB Ducky shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler MasterSilent Pro M850 Corsair Air 540 Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig KabyLake
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Corsair Dominator DDR4 3733MHz 16GB CL17 (17-19... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB Western Digital1 TB Western Digital Green 3 TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO SSD 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig A80 Liquid Cooling System Windows 10 pro 64bit Philips 242G5DJEB Ducky shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler MasterSilent Pro M850 Corsair Air 540 Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post

I'm relaxed. Just gets annoying when people come in the thread and just say no microsd? ok, not getting my money. It's a discussion on Nexus 10 and Android 4.2. Talking about microsd expansion slot just brings it offtopic and a debate.

You say that as though we're discussing the lack of an SD slot on the $5 footlongs at Subway.

It's a feature (or lack thereof) of the device that this thread pertains to, that is in fact a deal-breaker for some potential buyers of said device. It's on-topic and relevant. Chill out, seriously.
post #97 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post

You say that as though we're discussing the lack of an SD slot on the $5 footlongs at Subway.
It's a feature (or lack thereof) of the device that this thread pertains to, that is in fact a deal-breaker for some potential buyers of said device. It's on-topic and relevant. Chill out, seriously.
It's not a lack of feature in the device, sdcards have been missing since the Nexus S. It's been there for YEARS, and people come here (like yourself). "Omg what are they thinking?! no sd card?!" it hasnt have a sd card for ages.

If you don't like it then look elsewhere for your tablet. It is not relevant at all when there is the discussion of constant "no microsd? no thanks."
Obviously there is a market for Nexus devices for Android enthuasts like myself. For me, 16GB is more than sufficient enough for my needs.

There is a rumor of a 32GB variant as well. You're the one that needs to chill, I'm not even mad rofl--you're the one getting worked up about lack of microsd slots. I can personally care less about microsd. I don't store 20 movies on my tablet. I store the ones I'm going to watch and I'm on my way.
post #98 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post

It's not a lack of feature in the device, sdcards have been missing since the Nexus S. It's been there for YEARS, and people come here (like yourself). "Omg what are they thinking?! no sd card?!" it hasnt have a sd card for ages.
If you don't like it then look elsewhere for your tablet. It is not relevant at all when there is the discussion of constant "no microsd? no thanks."
Obviously there is a market for Nexus devices for Android enthuasts like myself. For me, 16GB is more than sufficient enough for my needs.
There is a rumor of a 32GB variant as well. You're the one that needs to chill, I'm not even mad rofl--you're the one getting worked up about lack of microsd slots. I can personally care less about microsd. I don't store 20 movies on my tablet. I store the ones I'm going to watch and I'm on my way.

Actually you're the one that been trying to curbstomp any legitimate conversation pertaining to this device for the entire thread. A forum is a place for people to discuss things that pertain to the topic. The lack of features that this device has is completely relevant. You might have started the thread, but this isn't your own little kingdom. You do need to chill out. Just because you don't want to read anything potentially chastising about the Nexus 10 doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in this topic.

I've read Google's completely biased, self-serving rationale to not include SD storage on their Nexus device. Anyone with a smattering of critical thinking skills can see the real reason is to push their cloud ecosystem. It's as plain as day. There might not be something inherently wrong with this from a marketing standpoint, but there is also nothing wrong with consumers providing feedback to manufacturers about features they want. Your, "If you don't like it, there is the door," routine is childish.
Edited by Solarin - 10/27/12 at 11:55am
Rishloo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 EVGA 9800 GTX 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 840 EVO Crucial M4 Boot Drive WD Caviar Black Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 24" G2410 Logitech G19 Seasonic X-Series 750W Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
Logtiech G9x X-Fi Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
Rishloo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 EVGA 9800 GTX 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 840 EVO Crucial M4 Boot Drive WD Caviar Black Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 24" G2410 Logitech G19 Seasonic X-Series 750W Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
Logtiech G9x X-Fi Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarin View Post

Actually you're the one that been trying to curbstomp any legitimate conversation pertaining to this device for the entire thread. A forum is a place for people to discuss things that pertain to the topic. The lack of features that this device has is completely relevant. You might have started the thread, but this isn't your own little kingdom. You do need to chill out. Just because you don't want to read anything potentially chastising about the Nexus 10 doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in this topic.
I've read Google's completely biased, self-serving rationale to not include SD storage on their Nexus device. Anyone with a smattering of critical thinking skills can see the real reason is to push their cloud ecosystem. It's as plain as day. There might not be something inherently wrong with this from a marketing standpoint, but there is also nothing wrong with consumers providing feedback to manufacturers.
Not curbstomping anything. This is a discussion of the Nexus 10 and its primary specifications such as CPU/GPU/RAM/Resolution. Not a discussion on why Nexus devices should have microSD expansion slots. People come here and conclude that Samsung is doing this, or Google is dictating it. It's what Google wants on their devices, it's what THEY decided upon.

It's simple, if YOU don't like the device because it lacks a microSD. Sucks to be you because you're missing out on a great device with latest updates and a amazing resolution with a great screen.

Simple. Don't like the device? Go elsewhere and spend your money elsewhere or wait until next year's MWC for the next generation tablets.The end. Stop beating a dead horse about the microSD topic. Google doesn't want to include a microSD expansion slot for their own reason. Sitting here and debating about it won't make Google change their mind.

It's called moderation. For the past couple pages, no one is even discussing about the tablet's resolutions or whatever. It's all been about microSD. Like I said again, beating a dead horse. Move on.
post #100 of 128
Only thing that kills these new tablets for me are that there aren't any dedicated buttons for home, back, options, etc. and what they decided to do was destroy screen space instead. With a large bezel like that I'm confused even more.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Briefmobile] Nexus 10 Leaked + Android 4.2