Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Need New mouse currently using Death Adder
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need New mouse currently using Death Adder - Page 3

post #21 of 34
I think Logitech G500 is a good choice. Imperator is also one of my favourites. They have similar shapes and their main switches are all Omron D2FC-F-7N, but G500 has more buttons and DPI adjustment is easier than the Imperator and Death Adder. Imperator is cheaper (At least i think so) and easier to modify by its design of the PCB. G500 has 2 PCBs and they are soldered together so it is a little lit hard to modify but you can put more weight in the G500 which people like me who thinks the Death Adder is too light. There are many good mice tough and actually you cannot find a mouse that has a similar shape to the Death Adder because it is a special shape. You feel more relaxed when you are gripping a Death Adder, but u lose ability to point it accurately. I like all of them and you cannot tell which one you will like more unless you have tried them biggrin.gif
post #22 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rphine View Post

Do you actually use more than 1800 DPI?
Also, if you really want something different, get some hyperglide feet for your mouse. Might breath some new life into it.
EDIT: Should rephrase that. Do you actually need more than 1800 DPI. More often than not, lower DPI (sensitivity) will generally assist you in gameplay/human accuracy. Since getting the 3.5g deathadder will only give you higher DPI, it kinda sounds like a step down for you.
And the 3.5G death adder's shells are in lower quality than the 3G's.
post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzuper View Post

There is no upgrade. You currently have the best mouse from many perspectives. : ]
Razer is rumoured to release a new version of deathadder soon.
other then that, if you dont lift your mouse, imperator could be good.. not alot of detailed info on the usage of this mouse tho.. And the Deathadder black edition can in some sense be an upgrade..
the mousing market is at an unfortunate state atm.. : S
ps. if you upgrade to another da, you could probably finance it by selling your hard to find version to someone whos looking for it. : ]
Well I really don't understand what's wrong when u lift the Imperator... I mean I had no problem with it and every mice I have used are like this.
post #24 of 34
Zowie EC1
post #25 of 34
Zowie's EC series seems like something worth looking into if that's your criteria.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD 85 PNY GTX 570 16 GB Muskin Blackline 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Crucial SDD some LG SATA thing 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H CM Quickfire red SeaSonic X-650 Lian Li PC-B10 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Cm spawn Artisan Hayate HiFiMan HE-500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD 85 PNY GTX 570 16 GB Muskin Blackline 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Crucial SDD some LG SATA thing 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H CM Quickfire red SeaSonic X-650 Lian Li PC-B10 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Cm spawn Artisan Hayate HiFiMan HE-500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by omareljindi View Post

And the 3.5G death adder's shells are in lower quality than the 3G's.

The later 3G and 3.5G models come from the same OEM and follow similar if not the same production methods. The only real visible difference is braided cable and firmware + SROM differences between 3668 and 3888.

So I disagree from one standpoint, but cant discredit the fact that the original (Circa 2006-2008) 3Gs (diff OEM) might have a different perception of shell "quality". For better or for worse.
Edited by Skylit - 10/31/12 at 2:54am
post #27 of 34
You think I could stipple the sides of the shell on the DeathAdder? Or does anyone know of some good grip tape that I can use? Something I can take off with ease and isn't uncomfortable.
post #28 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post

I would like a better sensor.

Wouldn't we all?

The fact of the matter is that the Deathadder is the best mouse on the market in terms of raw sensor performance. No discussion to be had.
post #29 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by viowastaken View Post

Wouldn't we all?
The fact of the matter is that the Deathadder is the best mouse on the market in terms of raw sensor performance. No discussion to be had.
The insane lift off distance of the deathadder drove me mental. The scotch tape fix works pretty good. Still prefer my G400
post #30 of 34
Scotch tape distorts tracking.

Lift off detection isn't set in stone. LED tolerance and surface material/color can dynamically change from high to low or low to high.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Need New mouse currently using Death Adder