Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Tator Tot's Big "Quiet" 120mm & 140mm Fan Round-Up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tator Tot's Big "Quiet" 120mm & 140mm Fan Round-Up - Page 265

post #2641 of 2743
Best PWM slim 120mm fan

Trying to find some for a RVZ01 case. There is only 25-30mm clearance between CPU / GPU and case 120mm vent /vents. so trying to figure out what fans would be best. Want PWM fans so their speed can change to match airflow demand of CPU / GPU coolers.

Thanks
post #2642 of 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger_nuts View Post

I have to say I am impressed and some what disappointed with my recent purchase of GELID Wing 12 120mm PWM Blue LED Fan's. I bought six fans, one doesn't like running flat out, it makes a horrid bearing sound, and another doesn't like to run slow, it develops a ticking sound.

Other then that, at full speed the move some serious air, and at slower speeds, they are whisper quite. Not silent, but very quite and pleasing to the ear (at least mine).

So off I go to ask for a "Return Product" ticket.

Did you go through with that return product ticket? If so, how did Gelid handle it??

another question: the ticking fan, was it connected to a non pwm header?
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Z170 gaming pro Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2800Mhz CL14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128GB crucial mx100 256Gb Seagate 7200.14 2TB Sony Optiarc AD-7261S 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cryorig H5 universal Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PL-PS 120mm (2x) Noiseblocker NB-Blacksilent XK2 140mm (2x) Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PL2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro Asus VG248QE Logitech G610 brown Cooler Master Silent Pro M600 
CaseMouseAudio
Nexus Prominent R Zowie FK1 Asus Xonar D2/PM 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Z170 gaming pro Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2800Mhz CL14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128GB crucial mx100 256Gb Seagate 7200.14 2TB Sony Optiarc AD-7261S 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cryorig H5 universal Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PL-PS 120mm (2x) Noiseblocker NB-Blacksilent XK2 140mm (2x) Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PL2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro Asus VG248QE Logitech G610 brown Cooler Master Silent Pro M600 
CaseMouseAudio
Nexus Prominent R Zowie FK1 Asus Xonar D2/PM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2643 of 2743
Yes I went through with the return, in Australia, we return products to place of purchase for returns / warranty. They were more then happy to replace them once they tested them biggrin.gif

The ticking sound happend no matter what fan header I used, CPU or SYS1. It was the fan.

But I have all in place now, running as expected.


Also, remember I DO NOT HAVE the Gelid Silent fans, but the Wing 12 PL's. These fans are not silent, they are quiet but not silent, but they do have a nice tone IMO when running at slower speeds.
post #2644 of 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Best PWM slim 120mm fan

Trying to find some for a RVZ01 case. There is only 25-30mm clearance between CPU / GPU and case 120mm vent /vents. so trying to figure out what fans would be best. Want PWM fans so their speed can change to match airflow demand of CPU / GPU coolers.

Thanks

Can't you get Cryorig to send you one? tongue.gif
Do they not have a PWM slim 120 in their lineup?

Other than that I only know the Scythe Slip Stream, and these:
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g36/c365/s2089/list/p1/Fans-12_Volt_Fans_-_PWM-120mm_x_15mm_PWM_Fans-Page1.html.
post #2645 of 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

Can't you get Cryorig to send you one? tongue.gif
Do they not have a PWM slim 120 in their lineup?

Other than that I only know the Scythe Slip Stream, and these:
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g36/c365/s2089/list/p1/Fans-12_Volt_Fans_-_PWM-120mm_x_15mm_PWM_Fans-Page1.html.
Nope Cryorig has no 120mm fans.

Cryorig has XT140 slim 13mm , 1300rpm, 30dBA, 65cfm, PWM.
Thermalright has TY:-14013 slim 13mm, 1300rpm, 30.6dBA, 64.52cfm, PWM.

But RVZ01 has 120mm vents. frown.gif
post #2646 of 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Nope Cryorig has no 120mm fans.

Cryorig has XT140 slim 13mm , 1300rpm, 30dBA, 65cfm, PWM.
Thermalright has TY:-14013 slim 13mm, 1300rpm, 30.6dBA, 64.52cfm, PWM.

But RVZ01 has 120mm vents. frown.gif

frown.gif

I guess you can take a look at the other ones I mentioned then. I don't know much about the fans in the FCPU link. But the slim Scythe doesn't have very good of a reputation.
post #2647 of 2743
I found this video test of Prolimatech USV12 against Gentle Typhoon, Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro Fan PLPS snd NB-eLoop B12-PS.
Kinda like the pushing contest. biggrin.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7gxaLkkVo
Edited by doyll - 3/22/14 at 4:06am
post #2648 of 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Best PWM slim 120mm fan

Trying to find some for a RVZ01 case. There is only 25-30mm clearance between CPU / GPU and case 120mm vent /vents. so trying to figure out what fans would be best. Want PWM fans so their speed can change to match airflow demand of CPU / GPU coolers.

Thanks

I have a couple of these and they do a surprisingly good job and are really quiet:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705066
post #2649 of 2743
Thanks Subinbar. They were our number 2 pick, Didn't want LEDs. biggrin.gif The Gelid Slim 12 PL Blue and Phobya G-Silent 12 Slim appear to be same fan
http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1171-retro-z-just-a-quickie-09032014/page-5

Mate ordered Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 fans.

I found this video test of Prolimatech USV12 against standard 25mm thick Gentle Typhoon, Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro PLPS snd NB-eLoop B12-PS fans interesting..
Kinda simple pushing contest..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7gxaLkkVo
Pretty basic "fans push against panel from each side and the winner is fan that pushes panel onto other fans side of line." But I think it shows which fan is best. biggrin.gif
post #2650 of 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Thanks Subinbar. They were our number 2 pick, Didn't want LEDs. biggrin.gif The Gelid Slim 12 PL Blue and Phobya G-Silent 12 Slim appear to be same fan
http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1171-retro-z-just-a-quickie-09032014/page-5

Mate ordered Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 fans.

I found this video test of Prolimatech USV12 against standard 25mm thick Gentle Typhoon, Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro PLPS snd NB-eLoop B12-PS fans interesting..
Kinda simple pushing contest..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7gxaLkkVo
Pretty basic "fans push against panel from each side and the winner is fan that pushes panel onto other fans side of line." But I think it shows which fan is best. biggrin.gif

Pretty impressive for it to keep up with a Typhoon.

Those Gelid's actually have switchable LED's, so you can turn it off if you prefer. Of course the blades are still blue though...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Tator Tot's Big "Quiet" 120mm & 140mm Fan Round-Up