Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Toms] Apple Makes $156.5 Billion in 2012; Sold 125 Million iPhones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Toms] Apple Makes $156.5 Billion in 2012; Sold 125 Million iPhones - Page 6

post #51 of 57
These numbers are always questionable. Every Canadian must have one but they don't.
post #52 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post

and thus totally misses the point of OWS but no politics allowed here.
And as stated by others, the hypocrisy in here is astounding.
Anti Apple-fanboism with no valid reason for doing so carries exactly the same superiority complexas blind Apple fanboys.

The funny thing is, blind Apple fanboys don't seem to exist in reality. Of course there are a few, but in my experience I see much more blind Apple bashing. Most of us living in the real world own a mix of Apple and non-Apple products that fit our needs.

Actually, it's even funnier that you'll find some of Apple's harshest critics in Apple forums. They are literally cheering Scott Forstall's departure as head of UI (or whatever) because they don't like how the Notes app looks like a notepad and other silly things like that.
iMac 27"
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
iMac 27"
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #53 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post

and thus totally misses the point of OWS but no politics allowed here.
And as stated by others, the hypocrisy in here is astounding.
Anti Apple-fanboism with no valid reason for doing so carries exactly the same superiority complexas blind Apple fanboys.

The funny thing is, blind Apple fanboys don't seem to exist in reality. Of course there are a few, but in my experience I see much more blind Apple bashing. Most of us living in the real world own a mix of Apple and non-Apple products that fit our needs.

Actually, it's even funnier that you'll find some of Apple's harshest critics in Apple forums. They are literally cheering Scott Forstall's departure as head of UI (or whatever) because they don't like how the Notes app looks like a notepad and other silly things like that.

Very true, forums are definitely not representative of the average user. My mother-in-law doesn't have any idea about forums or even googling to figure out her issues with phones. She's an average consumer, she takes her phone back to where she bought it and asks for help. People that take it the to find forums and register on them are generally more tech savvy, but also probably more opinionated and boisterous.

I get a kick out of the threads complaining about games, with members saying stuff like "everyone here thinks this sucks, why won't they fix it?". Because "here" is not representative of the average consumer, and the average consumer is paying their bills.
Edited by lordikon - 10/29/12 at 9:46pm
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post

The funny thing is, blind Apple fanboys don't seem to exist in reality. Of course there are a few, but in my experience I see much more blind Apple bashing. Most of us living in the real world own a mix of Apple and non-Apple products that fit our needs.
Actually, it's even funnier that you'll find some of Apple's harshest critics in Apple forums. They are literally cheering Scott Forstall's departure as head of UI (or whatever) because they don't like how the Notes app looks like a notepad and other silly things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post

Very true, forums are definitely not representative of the average user. My mother-in-law doesn't have any idea about forums or even googling to figure out her issues with phones. She's an average consumer, she takes her phone back to where she bought it and asks for help. People that take it the to find forums and register on them are generally more tech savvy, but also probably more opinionated and boisterous.
I get a kick out of the threads complaining about games, with members saying stuff like "everyone here thinks this sucks, why won't they fix it?". Because "here" is not representative of the average consumer, and the average consumer is paying their bills.

Agree 100%.

I hate saying it, because it's not always true, but it does go without saying that Apple tends to make products that just work. I'm not saying everything is 100% easy, nor am I saying that the average person will understand everything, but Apple makes it easy to turn on the phone and get going without much headache. The same with their desktop OS. That blended with their iconic design elements that puts consumerism first (making something appealing to the eye) makes for a great brand and product. Is it for everyone? No. But clearly sales numbers indicate that Apple got something right.

Lastly, and I cannot repeat this enough, for all the Apple, Microsoft, Android, etc. haters: open your mind. Really. When you become unbiased and treat every platform as something different and nice to use, then you will truly appreciate gadgetry. How can you call yourself knowledgeable if you refuse to use an Apple/Microsoft/Android product? It's insane really. Believe me, having a more open mind may open doors, where having a closed mind will shut them.
post #55 of 57
Wait, didn't they patent profitability?












biggrin.gif


Come get some!

cg
Solo III
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K | 4.4Ghz ASRock | P67 Extreme4 EVGA | GTX 560 Ti  EVGA | GTS 250 | Physx 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill | Sniper | 4*4 Crucial | C300 | 128GB WD | Black | 500GB LG | Bluray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Xigmatek Gaia | Push/Pull W7 | Professional | 64bit LG | IPS | 23" | E2370V-BF Dell | LED | 23" | 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus | 19"  DasKeyboard | MX Browns Corsair | AX750 COOLER MASTER | RC-692 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech | M510 steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Solo III
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K | 4.4Ghz ASRock | P67 Extreme4 EVGA | GTX 560 Ti  EVGA | GTS 250 | Physx 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill | Sniper | 4*4 Crucial | C300 | 128GB WD | Black | 500GB LG | Bluray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Xigmatek Gaia | Push/Pull W7 | Professional | 64bit LG | IPS | 23" | E2370V-BF Dell | LED | 23" | 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus | 19"  DasKeyboard | MX Browns Corsair | AX750 COOLER MASTER | RC-692 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech | M510 steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrous View Post

I done that. I bought an iPhone 5.

Was that over an iphone 4?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackPot

made dirt cheaply by whoring out a workforce in appalling conditions only to sell it for an ungodly amount of money

Since the rest of this post has been picked apart already... Can you take one guess what company every other major electronics company uses to make their parts? I'll give you a hint; the same one Apple uses.

First up, it wasn't really. And by that I mean at all.

And have other Foxxcon or phone factories had the same level of poor treatment of workers?
Edited by QuackPot - 11/6/12 at 12:20pm
Sandy Bridge Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k @ 3.3Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Palit GTS 250 1GB 4 GB Crucial DDR3 10600 Dual Channel 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 250GB WD, 1x 250GB Seagate, 1x 1TBSamsung F3 Sony AD-7261S-0B Thermalright True Spirit 140 Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
19" Sony SDM-S95A Logitech Media keyboard Elite Corsair HX850W Cooler Master 690 II Lite 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Cooler Master CM Storm 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy Bridge Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k @ 3.3Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Palit GTS 250 1GB 4 GB Crucial DDR3 10600 Dual Channel 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 250GB WD, 1x 250GB Seagate, 1x 1TBSamsung F3 Sony AD-7261S-0B Thermalright True Spirit 140 Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
19" Sony SDM-S95A Logitech Media keyboard Elite Corsair HX850W Cooler Master 690 II Lite 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Cooler Master CM Storm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanresourceful View Post

Agree 100%.
I hate saying it, because it's not always true, but it does go without saying that Apple tends to make products that just work. I'm not saying everything is 100% easy, nor am I saying that the average person will understand everything, but Apple makes it easy to turn on the phone and get going without much headache. The same with their desktop OS. That blended with their iconic design elements that puts consumerism first (making something appealing to the eye) makes for a great brand and product. Is it for everyone? No. But clearly sales numbers indicate that Apple got something right.
Lastly, and I cannot repeat this enough, for all the Apple, Microsoft, Android, etc. haters: open your mind. Really. When you become unbiased and treat every platform as something different and nice to use, then you will truly appreciate gadgetry. How can you call yourself knowledgeable if you refuse to use an Apple/Microsoft/Android product? It's insane really. Believe me, having a more open mind may open doors, where having a closed mind will shut them.

Well said! All gadget lovers should attempt to embrace the diversity that each OS/platform offers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Toms] Apple Makes $156.5 Billion in 2012; Sold 125 Million iPhones