Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Hexus] Amazon sees Kindle Fire HD sales peak following iPad Mini launch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Hexus] Amazon sees Kindle Fire HD sales peak following iPad Mini launch. - Page 3

post #21 of 68
I never noticed how huge the bezel on the Kindle Fire HD is...
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

Which FACT are you saying is wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

I'd love for you to explain why. Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDud333 View Post

yep, 160ish ppi is magically higher than 220 because its apple, non hd movies become hd because its apple and single speaker is regarded as stereo because its apple
its all because apple changes the law of the universe
./end sarcasm, starts laughing
no way you can spin this one for apple dude.
*Chuckles*

You all thought I was talking about pixel density.

The play on words "Much More for Much Less". It's clever, but wrong, and right. Depends how you look at it. More pixel density, less screen real estate. That is all.

Also AznDud333: the iPad mini has quite a large speaker near the dock connector, it may be a stereo speaker. Or not. We'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnnwa View Post

It's steelborn, it doesn't have to be wrong to be wrong in his eyes.
That doesn't make sense. If it's wrong, it's wrong, and if it's right it's right. My eyes see the truth, bro... I have iSpectacles. See above, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

*steeelbom

But no.
Thank you. I don't know why some people can't see the M.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post


That doesn't make sense. If it's wrong, it's wrong, and if it's right it's right. My eyes see the truth, bro... I have iSpectacles. See above, too.

No with you when something is wrogn for Apple it becomes right by your logic.

Kindle fire hd Clearly steps all of the ipad mini.

How right is the retina garbage apple has been pushing?
Intel Killer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8320 4.4ghz Gigabyte 990fx XFX R9 290 (1100/1250) 8GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
750GB Momentus XT Corsair H80i Windows 8 3x 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Logitech Mk 710 OCZ 1000 watts 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Killer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8320 4.4ghz Gigabyte 990fx XFX R9 290 (1100/1250) 8GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
750GB Momentus XT Corsair H80i Windows 8 3x 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Logitech Mk 710 OCZ 1000 watts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

*Chuckles*
You all thought I was talking about pixel density.
The play on words "Much More for Much Less". It's clever, but wrong, and right. Depends how you look at it. More pixel density, less screen real estate. That is all.
Also AznDud333: the iPad mini has quite a large speaker near the dock connector, it may be a stereo speaker. Or not. We'll see.
That doesn't make sense. If it's wrong, it's wrong, and if it's right it's right. My eyes see the truth, bro... I have iSpectacles. See above, too.
Thank you. I don't know why some people can't see the M.

what does ipad mini have more than the kindle? it loses in terms of hardware..and software wise they're almost as limited as each other aside from the fact that kindle hd can actually be modified..

you can stay in denial all day and say its wrong again and again
fact is that you have nothing to back up that amazon hd isnt more value for less.

edit, i guess you dont know what stereo speaker really is
nexus 7 has 2 speakers when you open up the back, it's still mono because its all in one channel.
if you dont have a speaker on top and bottom, you will only get sound on one side while watching movies, unless you wanna hold your tablet vertically to watch movies with 2 giant black lines top and bottom.
Edited by AznDud333 - 10/29/12 at 6:15pm
 
M9400
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 670 2x Patriot 4GB @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Caviar Black 1.5TB Mushkin Chronos Sata3 60gb for caching LG DVD-RW 24x HYPER 212 EVO 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Antec tricool 120mm Windows 7 BENQ XL2420TX Sidewinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850v2 zalman z11 zalman m300 generic ebay mousepad 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 ECS AM2 mobo gigabyte HD 5850 4x Hynix 2gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750gb 7200rpm sony 16x dvd rw windows 7 22inch acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic HP kb tuniq 650w psu M9400 generic hp mice 
  hide details  
Reply
 
M9400
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 670 2x Patriot 4GB @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Caviar Black 1.5TB Mushkin Chronos Sata3 60gb for caching LG DVD-RW 24x HYPER 212 EVO 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Antec tricool 120mm Windows 7 BENQ XL2420TX Sidewinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850v2 zalman z11 zalman m300 generic ebay mousepad 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 ECS AM2 mobo gigabyte HD 5850 4x Hynix 2gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750gb 7200rpm sony 16x dvd rw windows 7 22inch acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic HP kb tuniq 650w psu M9400 generic hp mice 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

*Chuckles*

Just accept you put your stock money on the wrong company buddy, it's ok to lose..
Luftwaffe
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4930k ASUS Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX780 SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Barracuda 1TB No thanks.. Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 64 Ultimate ASUS PB27Q Corsair K70 Corsair TX850M 
CaseMouseAudio
SilverStone Raven II Logitech G9 Creative Tactic3D Rage 
  hide details  
Reply
Luftwaffe
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4930k ASUS Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX780 SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Barracuda 1TB No thanks.. Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 64 Ultimate ASUS PB27Q Corsair K70 Corsair TX850M 
CaseMouseAudio
SilverStone Raven II Logitech G9 Creative Tactic3D Rage 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencher View Post

No with you when something is wrogn for Apple it becomes right by your logic.
No it doesn't.
Quote:
Kindle fire hd Clearly steps all of the ipad mini.

How right is the retina garbage apple has been pushing?
The Kindle Fire HD is thicker, heavier and it has a smaller display. And if you want to talk about software it also lacks the large ecosystem of tablet specific apps which Apple has. No argument that it does have a higher pixel density. It lacks a rear view camera... in regard to battery life and display quality we'll just have to wait and see for some reviews for both it and the Mini.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDud333 View Post

what does ipad mini have more than the kindle? it loses in terms of hardware..and software wise they're almost as limited as each other aside from the fact that kindle hd can actually be modified..

you can stay in denial all day and say its wrong again and again
fact is that you have nothing to back up that amazon hd isnt more value for less.

edit, i guess you dont know what stereo speaker really is
nexus 7 has 2 speakers when you open up the back, it's still mono because its all in one channel.
if you dont have a speaker on top and bottom, you will only get sound on one side while watching movies, unless you wanna hold your tablet vertically to watch movies with 2 giant black lines top and bottom.
I'm not in denial, and see above.

EDIT: Mmm perhaps I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpriess View Post

Just accept you put your stock money on the wrong company buddy, it's ok to lose..
Not losing wink.giftongue.gif

I wish I had stock in Apple though.
Edited by steelbom - 10/29/12 at 6:32pm
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

No it doesn't.
The Kindle Fire HD is thicker, heavier and it has a smaller display. And if you want to talk about software it also lacks the large ecosystem of tablet specific apps which Apple has. No argument that it does have a higher pixel density. It lacks a rear view camera... in regard to battery life and display quality we'll just have to wait and see for some reviews for both it and the Mini.
I'm not in denial, and see above.
EDIT: Mmm perhaps I didn't.
Not losing wink.giftongue.gif
I wish I had stock in Apple though.

All this proves my statement below to be correct.
Quote:
No with you when something is wrong for Apple it becomes right by your logic.

Edited by bencher - 10/29/12 at 6:43pm
Intel Killer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8320 4.4ghz Gigabyte 990fx XFX R9 290 (1100/1250) 8GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
750GB Momentus XT Corsair H80i Windows 8 3x 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Logitech Mk 710 OCZ 1000 watts 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Killer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8320 4.4ghz Gigabyte 990fx XFX R9 290 (1100/1250) 8GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
750GB Momentus XT Corsair H80i Windows 8 3x 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Logitech Mk 710 OCZ 1000 watts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

No it doesn't.
The Kindle Fire HD is thicker, heavier and it has a smaller display. And if you want to talk about software it also lacks the large ecosystem of tablet specific apps which Apple has. No argument that it does have a higher pixel density. It lacks a rear view camera... in regard to battery life and display quality we'll just have to wait and see for some reviews for both it and the Mini.
I'm not in denial, and see above.
EDIT: Mmm perhaps I didn't.
Not losing wink.giftongue.gif
I wish I had stock in Apple though.

LOL
thicker heavier and has a smaller display..thats the best you can come up with? seriously?
you know i have the best tablet in the world then..in fact i have a whole stack of them at home
here is a picture:
a1.jpg


its called the A1, biggest screen ever, you can put anything you want on it, it's almost as thin as hair and only weights about 5grams.
best part is that it costs less than 10cents per sheet
thats infinitely superior to your ipad according to your standards, and costs infinitely less!
 
M9400
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 670 2x Patriot 4GB @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Caviar Black 1.5TB Mushkin Chronos Sata3 60gb for caching LG DVD-RW 24x HYPER 212 EVO 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Antec tricool 120mm Windows 7 BENQ XL2420TX Sidewinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850v2 zalman z11 zalman m300 generic ebay mousepad 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 ECS AM2 mobo gigabyte HD 5850 4x Hynix 2gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750gb 7200rpm sony 16x dvd rw windows 7 22inch acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic HP kb tuniq 650w psu M9400 generic hp mice 
  hide details  
Reply
 
M9400
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 670 2x Patriot 4GB @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Caviar Black 1.5TB Mushkin Chronos Sata3 60gb for caching LG DVD-RW 24x HYPER 212 EVO 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Antec tricool 120mm Windows 7 BENQ XL2420TX Sidewinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850v2 zalman z11 zalman m300 generic ebay mousepad 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 ECS AM2 mobo gigabyte HD 5850 4x Hynix 2gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750gb 7200rpm sony 16x dvd rw windows 7 22inch acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic HP kb tuniq 650w psu M9400 generic hp mice 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDud333 View Post

LOL
thicker heavier and has a smaller display..thats the best you can come up with? seriously?
you know i have the best tablet in the world then..in fact i have a whole stack of them at home
here is a picture:
a1.jpg
its called the A1, biggest screen ever, you can put anything you want on it, it's almost as thin as hair and only weights about 5grams.
best part is that it costs less than 10cents per sheet
thats infinitely superior to your ipad according to your standards, and costs infinitely less!

Stop trolling. iPad mini has its ups and downs. Its all marketing from Amazon. To me iPad is superior because of the Tab oriented apps. Pixel density is so overrated. I was fine with iPads 132, This is 162. Its good enough. They are not ready to fit a full iPad display in there just yet. They could have easly made a 1080p or lower res screen but they want to keep 4:3 resolution and scaling.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Stop trolling. iPad mini has its ups and downs. Its all marketing from Amazon. To me iPad is superior because of the Tab oriented apps. Pixel density is so overrated. I was fine with iPads 132, This is 162. Its good enough. They are not ready to fit a full iPad display in there just yet. They could have easly made a 1080p or lower res screen but they want to keep 4:3 resolution and scaling.

lol trolling..i was simply responding to his "preferences" as he listed them
not quite sure how that would be trolling considering he's the one that keeps telling us ipad is superior even with inferior hardware, software and next to no freedom
you forgot that any manufacturer can make a high res display, just not apple, apple buys screens from others..so im not sure about your point when you said apple could make a 1080p screen..apple doesnt make anything-.-
 
M9400
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 670 2x Patriot 4GB @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Caviar Black 1.5TB Mushkin Chronos Sata3 60gb for caching LG DVD-RW 24x HYPER 212 EVO 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Antec tricool 120mm Windows 7 BENQ XL2420TX Sidewinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850v2 zalman z11 zalman m300 generic ebay mousepad 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 ECS AM2 mobo gigabyte HD 5850 4x Hynix 2gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750gb 7200rpm sony 16x dvd rw windows 7 22inch acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic HP kb tuniq 650w psu M9400 generic hp mice 
  hide details  
Reply
 
M9400
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 670 2x Patriot 4GB @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Caviar Black 1.5TB Mushkin Chronos Sata3 60gb for caching LG DVD-RW 24x HYPER 212 EVO 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Antec tricool 120mm Windows 7 BENQ XL2420TX Sidewinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850v2 zalman z11 zalman m300 generic ebay mousepad 
Audio
logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 ECS AM2 mobo gigabyte HD 5850 4x Hynix 2gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750gb 7200rpm sony 16x dvd rw windows 7 22inch acer LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic HP kb tuniq 650w psu M9400 generic hp mice 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Hexus] Amazon sees Kindle Fire HD sales peak following iPad Mini launch.