Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › Google Nexus 10: 2560x1600, 300ppi, 10" PLS Display, Exynos 5250 (Cortex-A15), Android 4.2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google Nexus 10: 2560x1600, 300ppi, 10" PLS Display, Exynos 5250 (Cortex-A15), Android 4.2 - Page 12

post #111 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

What issues? I hope you're not suggesting that the lower colour accuracy and contrast are because of software.
Uh no it doesn't. You're running a custom ROM. Anandtech is running stock. Nice try but Anandtech's reviews are legit.
It's currently the best display on a tablet. If it's over saturated then all others are much worse. Did you even look at the charts above?

You don't know anything about software calibration and software drivers?

Wow.

Software can make a huge difference to a screen's quality.
post #112 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

You don't know anything about software calibration and software drivers?

Wow.

Software can make a huge difference to a screen's quality.
Your assumption is incorrect. Of course I'm aware of software calibration, but that's not going to give the Nexus 10 full sRGB coverage.
post #113 of 144
Anandtech also benchmarked the nexus 10 with pre 4.2.1 android. Even stock 4.2.1 preforms better than the scores they posted. Also the fact that you can put a custom ROM on an android tablet and improve performance is just another reason to buy a nexus 10 over an iPad 4.
post #114 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Chicken View Post

Anandtech also benchmarked the nexus 10 with pre 4.2.1 android. Even stock 4.2.1 preforms better than the scores they posted. Also the fact that you can put a custom ROM on an android tablet and improve performance is just another reason to buy a nexus 10 over an iPad 4.
Unless I'm mistaken 4.2.1 wasn't out when they benchmarked the Nexus 10?
post #115 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

Unless I'm mistaken 4.2.1 wasn't out when they benchmarked the Nexus 10?
Yeah what's your point? It is out now.
post #116 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Chicken View Post

Yeah what's your point? It is out now.
You've said earlier that you thought Anandtech's results were disingenuous, so I may have read that into what you said then.
post #117 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

Your assumption is incorrect. Of course I'm aware of software calibration, but that's not going to give the Nexus 10 full sRGB coverage.

The Nexus 10 has a much sharper screen than the iPad 4.

Nexus 10 = 300 PPI Samsung PLS display

iPad 4 = 264 PPI IPS display
post #118 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

The Nexus 10 has a much sharper screen than the iPad 4.

Nexus 10 = 300 PPI Samsung PLS display

iPad 4 = 264 PPI IPS display
Yes I know? It's not "much sharper", but it is sharper.
post #119 of 144
Steelbom I noticed that it says PC gamer under you name awhile ago and I cant stop wondering why you are such a mac fanboy if you are in fact a pc gamer? And I would have to agree with koehler on this one. While the iPad4 does indeed have a very nice screen, the screen on the nexus 10 is in fact much sharper and makes reading small text very pleasant. I would even say that it looks exactly like reading a magazine would look. And the fact that it is 16:10 ratio compared to the 4:3 ratio on the iPad4 makes it a much better screen to watch movies on because it does not have the letterbox effect that the iPad 4. It can also play 1440p movies which, if Apple continues to use their outdated aspect ratio, an iPad will never be able to do.
post #120 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Chicken View Post

Steelbom I noticed that it says PC gamer under you name awhile ago and I cant stop wondering why you are such a mac fanboy if you are in fact a pc gamer?
I am not a "mac fanboy". My title says "PC Gamer" because I play PC games.
Quote:
And I would have to agree with koehler on this one. While the iPad4 does indeed have a very nice screen, the screen on the nexus 10 is in fact much sharper and makes reading small text very pleasant. I would even say that it looks exactly like reading a magazine would look.
I'm not surprised you do. Please explain to me how you figure the Nexus 10 has a "much sharper" display. The Nexus 10 has a slightly sharper display -- not only because the difference in pixel density is 36, but also because you get diminishing returns from increasing pixel density after a certain point.

It's fair to say that the Nexus 10 has a sharper display. But calling it much sharper is exaggeration.
Quote:
And the fact that it is 16:10 ratio compared to the 4:3 ratio on the iPad4 makes it a much better screen to watch movies on because it does not have the letterbox effect that the iPad 4.
Yes it would be better to watch movies on.
Quote:
It can also play 1440p movies which, if Apple continues to use their outdated aspect ratio, an iPad will never be able to do.
Yes it could, though I don't really think those exist yet. Save maybe for a few YouTube videos or something like that. Firstly they can't change the aspect ratio without changing the physical size of the device, and secondly they could bump the resolution up to 3072x2304 for 395 PPI. But that is unlikely to happen -- massive increase in power consumption, decrease in graphics performance, and little benefit to display quality.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tablets
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › Google Nexus 10: 2560x1600, 300ppi, 10" PLS Display, Exynos 5250 (Cortex-A15), Android 4.2