Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › Google Nexus 10: 2560x1600, 300ppi, 10" PLS Display, Exynos 5250 (Cortex-A15), Android 4.2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google Nexus 10: 2560x1600, 300ppi, 10" PLS Display, Exynos 5250 (Cortex-A15), Android 4.2 - Page 6

post #51 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Most people don't need more than 32GB on a tablet.

People use their phones or MP3 players for music. Some people may watch movies on their tablets but they store 20 movies in there.
That's very broad generalisation. For some that might be all right, but if you want to put any movies or high quality games on your device it'll run out quickly. I've got a 32GB iPad mini at the moment and I'm having to aggressively manage space because I'm regularly running out and I haven't even got any movies on there either. I would actually like 128GB tbh.
Edited by steelbom - 12/12/12 at 8:59pm
post #52 of 144
I'm one of those people who refuse to pay that much money for a tablet that doesn't have a method of expanding its storage capacity. It's true that I rarely need more than 32GB of storage for y tablet, but there are times when I do need it.

My TF100, and now my TF700T have replaced any need I had for a laptop or netbook, so I've never bothered to look for one. As a matter of fact, after I had my TF100 for a month or so, I ended up giving my netbook to my mom because I just wasn't using it anymore. Now the problem is that if I go on a trip I would have no way of moving movies or other large files from an external hard drive (or a laptop's hard drive) onto my tablet unless I borrowed someone else's computer. With my TF700T, I can bring along any number of 32GB SD/MicroSD cards and USB flash drives, or I can actually bring along any external hard drive that has it's own power supply. The TF700T can read FAT and NTFS drives via USB.

If I'm at home, I can always juggle video files around if need be (though it's much easier to carry around my 120GB SSD that's mounted in an external USB3 enclosure). If I'm going to be away from home for a while, then I either need my TF700T or I would have to buy a laptop/netbook... which really kinda voids the usefulness of having such a small and lightweight mobile device.
Synapse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3930K Asus P9X79 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 470 SuperClocked Mushkin Enhanced Redline 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital RE4 Seagate Barracuda LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner, 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 1... Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung SyncMaster 2333 Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Off-brand 700w PSU 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Scout Razer Naga Epic Harmon Kardon 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Synapse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3930K Asus P9X79 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 470 SuperClocked Mushkin Enhanced Redline 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital RE4 Seagate Barracuda LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner, 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 1... Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung SyncMaster 2333 Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Off-brand 700w PSU 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Scout Razer Naga Epic Harmon Kardon 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

That's very broad generalisation. For some that might be all right, but if you want to put any movies or high quality games on your device it'll run out quickly. I've got a 32GB iPad mini at the moment and I'm having to aggressively manage space because I'm regularly running out and I haven't even got any movies on there either. I would actually like 128GB tbh.

What do you keep in there? Thousands of songs? I don't even use my tablets to listen to music or watch movies.
post #54 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post


What do you keep in there? Thousands of songs? I don't even use my tablets to listen to music or watch movies.
I'd say I have less than a hundred songs and no movies or TV shows. I do have TubeBox and about 2GB worth of songs / videos from YouTube in it. Other than that, it's all games. At up to 2GB a pop they really chew up space. If I had a 128GB iPad I'd throw on a TV show series and some movies, and then more games eek.gif
post #55 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

I'd say I have less than a hundred songs and no movies or TV shows. I do have TubeBox and about 2GB worth of songs / videos from YouTube in it. Other than that, it's all games. At up to 2GB a pop they really chew up space. If I had a 128GB iPad I'd throw on a TV show series and some movies, and then more games eek.gif

Well you need to manage your games better then.

The Samsung Nexus 10's 32GB is more than enough.

I only use tablets for reading websites on the run, word documents and taking notes during lectures.
post #56 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

I doubt many people will be needing any more than 32GB.

This, it is not hard to put your movies somewhere else and just download them across the network when you want to watch them, how about charge the thing in the computer and while it's charging overnight just let the movies and games etc transfer while it charges.
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 XFX Radeon HD6970 XFX Radeon HD6970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Corsair Caviar Green LG CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate LG D2342P Logitech G510 Corsair HX850W 
CaseMouse
Thermaltake V4 A4 Tech 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2467M Samsung Ultrabook 13" Standard Intel HD3000 Stock 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 7 Stock  Stock  
Case
Stock  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 720QM 230M GSkill Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Stock Custom Windows 7 Professional  Stock 
Case
Stock 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 XFX Radeon HD6970 XFX Radeon HD6970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Corsair Caviar Green LG CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate LG D2342P Logitech G510 Corsair HX850W 
CaseMouse
Thermaltake V4 A4 Tech 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2467M Samsung Ultrabook 13" Standard Intel HD3000 Stock 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 7 Stock  Stock  
Case
Stock  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 720QM 230M GSkill Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Stock Custom Windows 7 Professional  Stock 
Case
Stock 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Well you need to manage your games better then.

The Samsung Nexus 10's 32GB is more than enough.

I only use tablets for reading websites on the run, word documents and taking notes during lectures.
I can't manage them any better. I've already had to cull off five or ten games I'd rather have on there because there's not enough space. I've probably got 8-10 high end games and maybe 20 little games on there.
post #58 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

I can't manage them any better. I've already had to cull off five or ten games I'd rather have on there because there's not enough space. I've probably got 8-10 high end games and maybe 20 little games on there.

So you're saying that your games are like 1GB each?
post #59 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

So you're saying that your games are like 1GB each?
The high end games are up to 2GB each uncompressed (installed). For example Modern Combat 4 is 2GB, N.O.V.A 3 is 1.8GB, Infinity Blade 2 is 1.2GB and Galaxy On Fire 2 HD is 1.1GB. The middle range games I have mostly range from 300-700MB and the low end games mostly from 50MB-200MB. I'd normally have 10-15 of those high end games. So I've had to pick a few of the best. Same for middle range games as well. At the moment I have 20.7GB used and 7.6GB free.

I'm more comfortable with 64GB of space, but I still run out quickly. With 128GB I'd be pretty much right. For non-gamers 16GB would be plenty though. My mini is my portable gaming device.
post #60 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

The high end games are up to 2GB each uncompressed (installed). For example Modern Combat 4 is 2GB, N.O.V.A 3 is 1.8GB, Infinity Blade 2 is 1.2GB and Galaxy On Fire 2 HD is 1.1GB. The middle range games I have mostly range from 300-700MB and the low end games mostly from 50MB-200MB. I'd normally have 10-15 of those high end games. So I've had to pick a few of the best. Same for middle range games as well. At the moment I have 20.7GB used and 7.6GB free.
I'm more comfortable with 64GB of space, but I still run out quickly. With 128GB I'd be pretty much right. For non-gamers 16GB would be plenty though. My mini is my portable gaming device.

Back when i had my 3GS i had a heart attack when i realised one of my games was 200MB, now 200MB Is small?! I guess i need to get back in the loop...
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 XFX Radeon HD6970 XFX Radeon HD6970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Corsair Caviar Green LG CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate LG D2342P Logitech G510 Corsair HX850W 
CaseMouse
Thermaltake V4 A4 Tech 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2467M Samsung Ultrabook 13" Standard Intel HD3000 Stock 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 7 Stock  Stock  
Case
Stock  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 720QM 230M GSkill Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Stock Custom Windows 7 Professional  Stock 
Case
Stock 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 XFX Radeon HD6970 XFX Radeon HD6970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Corsair Caviar Green LG CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate LG D2342P Logitech G510 Corsair HX850W 
CaseMouse
Thermaltake V4 A4 Tech 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2467M Samsung Ultrabook 13" Standard Intel HD3000 Stock 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 7 Stock  Stock  
Case
Stock  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 720QM 230M GSkill Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Stock Custom Windows 7 Professional  Stock 
Case
Stock 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tablets
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › Google Nexus 10: 2560x1600, 300ppi, 10" PLS Display, Exynos 5250 (Cortex-A15), Android 4.2