Originally Posted by nathris
TN viewing angles are only good in one direction though (typically landscape). I have a HAS monitor with a pretty high end TN panel and I can't even use it in portrait mode because the viewing angles are so poor one side of the screen is a different color than the other.
If the screen on the A110 is anything at all like the one on the A100 then its going to be disappointing. Moving your hand a fraction of an inch on that has a noticeable effect.
Even at £130 that's an incredible ripoff. The [Ainol Novo 7 Fire](http://android-sale.com/ainol-novo7-fire.html
) is £30 cheaper, but with a much better screen and battery.
Originally Posted by Robilar
Haven't there been a number of cases of Ainol owners burning out the screens on their tablets?
This is Member @Carniflex get ainol fire tablet reviews :
1, Got mine today (it got stuck in customs but as it was under 150 euros then got away by paying only VAT of 20% on it). Seems pretty decent so far. No noticeable lag, plays youtube fine, etc. PDF text on A4 is a bit on the small side for reading from normal distance. Have one bright white stuck pixel and while its mildly annoying I can live with it for now - not feeling like trying to argue with customs again Mine has the older (QM) screen apparently based on the serial number. As its my very fist Android device then I'm a bit unsure about how to navigate around that thing so have not really done any indepth investigation inside. I did go over the "settings" tab tho - WiFi works fine and it seems it also supports Ethernet dongles (there is tab for these) and 3G dongles (you can even set data limits of GSM connection although the device has no built in GSM). Another interesting thing I noticed . it seems that the "internal" SD card is 16 GB out of which about 13 GB is free. I also plugged in 32 GB Class 10 microSD so I'm assuming there will be enough space inside for my purposes for now.
Now it remains to be seen if I can find any other use for it than pocket calendar / navigation device (bluetooth GPS dongle got stuck in customs as well today, plus one of the agencies claims that this thing is not safe to use in EU so I have some paperwork to do to get that one unstuck from customs;))
2, I can answer couple of these questions:
(1) The Tablet can be indeed charged through the micro USB port. I have not tried using it while its charging but if I plug in micro USB the screen starts showing the charging animation.
(2) I have not tested myself most of them, FAT32 seems to work fine (plugged in an 32 GB mSD card and it worked right away), as far as NTFS and ExFAT go according to the official forums it should support these as well, however, I have not tested the last two.
(3) DLNA support? - dont know - I'm using an Android device for the first day so if you tell me how I can try to look it up from the device.
(4) IR sensor - no, there is none visible externally and in the settings menu it's not referred either. (if you mean ambient light sensor then that one seems to be present as tablet can change screen brightness based on ambient light).
(5) NFC - umm probably not - I did not notice anything about it in the settings menu. I can try to look it up, however, if you tell me where to look.
(6) MHL support - seems like not present, at least in the settings there is no mention of it.
Edit: Upgraded to the latest official firmware which was surprisingly easy, just copied the files to the SD card, shot down, held power and volume minus down, then then tabled did something, restarted and I had the latest firmware (1031qm in my case), only issue was that it was all in Chinese But with some googling I found out how to switch back into english, the item in the settings right under the lock icon and then first row of hieroglyphs in the top in that menu. I did consider custom ROM's as well but it seems most have still issues in their "outstanding stuff" list which some functions I think I'll need, like bluetooth GPS support, etc. Anyway 1031 is already pretty decent, after switching to English there is very few places with chinese letters left.
Share a http://www.itabletpcshop.com
unbox ainol fire video : http://youtu.be/B5ev7vzErbw