Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TS] EA posts $381 million loss, blames MoH for "soft" holiday outlook
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TS] EA posts $381 million loss, blames MoH for "soft" holiday outlook - Page 3

post #21 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

You guys really need to get off this anti-Origin kick. It's getting old. Everything you say is wrong with it, Steam has been doing for years.

be quiet with your logic and whatnot.
post #22 of 110
can we blame EA for the 50% off if you got BF Premium? on top of the 20% Never Settle bundle which has 20% for MoH:W? redface.gif
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post

i still refuse to buy BF3 to this day. I'm never gonna install origin


I played it for liiiike a month or two before getting bored. And I still have Origin because of things like ME3 and the upcoming SimCity. Other than that, it never gets launched.
My System
(23 items)
 
Laptop
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K MAXIMUS V EXTREME 980ti 32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Samsung 840 EVO  Samsung 850 Pro 1TB WD Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO XSPC RayStorm XSPC EX480 w/8 Corsair AF120 (Push/Pull) XSPC EX480 w4 Corsair SP120 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Photon 270 Performance-PCs Über 655  W10 Pro  Asus PG279Q 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE276Q Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX850 Corsair 900D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Steelseries 9HD Logitech Z623 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Intel i7- 3610QM G75VW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
HDD 7200 Panasonic UJ 260 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(23 items)
 
Laptop
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K MAXIMUS V EXTREME 980ti 32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Samsung 840 EVO  Samsung 850 Pro 1TB WD Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO XSPC RayStorm XSPC EX480 w/8 Corsair AF120 (Push/Pull) XSPC EX480 w4 Corsair SP120 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Photon 270 Performance-PCs Über 655  W10 Pro  Asus PG279Q 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE276Q Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX850 Corsair 900D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Steelseries 9HD Logitech Z623 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Intel i7- 3610QM G75VW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
HDD 7200 Panasonic UJ 260 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 110
I love how EA claims "loss" when they still made money. Boohoo
13 Evolved
(9 items)
 
13
(9 items)
 
Classic
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 Bulldozer 8-core CPU MSI 990FX GD80 v2 ASUS R9-280 Direct CU II ASUS R9-280 Direct CU II 
RAMCoolingOSPower
Kingston 16GB (4 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 C9 1.5v Phanteks PH-TC14PE Windows 10 Antec True-power Quattro 1200W 
Case
Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1045T @4.05Ghz 1.45v [300 FSB] 3000 NB 1.26v MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 EVGA GTX480 @820mhz Crucial Ballistix sport VLP 2x4GB @ 1333 cas 7 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer Logitech G710+ OCZ ZT650w CM Storm Stryker 
Mouse
CM Storm Xornet 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 @4.1 [2800 cpu-nb] Asus M5A97 R1 AMD 6950 Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 8-9-8-20-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Too many Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer Win7 Extreme Edition R1 64bit Acer P224W 22" 1050p 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec BP550 plus Corsair 200R CM Storm Xornet 
  hide details  
Reply
13 Evolved
(9 items)
 
13
(9 items)
 
Classic
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 Bulldozer 8-core CPU MSI 990FX GD80 v2 ASUS R9-280 Direct CU II ASUS R9-280 Direct CU II 
RAMCoolingOSPower
Kingston 16GB (4 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 C9 1.5v Phanteks PH-TC14PE Windows 10 Antec True-power Quattro 1200W 
Case
Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1045T @4.05Ghz 1.45v [300 FSB] 3000 NB 1.26v MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 EVGA GTX480 @820mhz Crucial Ballistix sport VLP 2x4GB @ 1333 cas 7 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer Logitech G710+ OCZ ZT650w CM Storm Stryker 
Mouse
CM Storm Xornet 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 @4.1 [2800 cpu-nb] Asus M5A97 R1 AMD 6950 Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 8-9-8-20-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Too many Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer Win7 Extreme Edition R1 64bit Acer P224W 22" 1050p 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec BP550 plus Corsair 200R CM Storm Xornet 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalypsoRaz View Post

I played it for liiiike a month or two before getting bored. And I still have Origin because of things like ME3 and the upcoming SimCity. Other than that, it never gets launched.

Same, BF3 got really old really fast.

Is SimCity gonna need Origin????
Čudovište
(17 items)
 
Cheesecake
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz P67 ASRock Extreme4 Sapphire R9 280x Dual-X G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 320 Western Digital Green Hitachi Seagate 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD RW Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 24" BenQ G2420HD Logitech Deluxe 660 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-760 HAF-X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G Steelseries QCK mini 
Audio
OnBoard Digital To Sony Stereo 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium E2180 Gigabyte EP35-DS3P HD 3400 2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Seagate 300GB IDE Western Digital 250GB IDE Western Digital Red 2TB Windows Server 2012 R2 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Generic 17" Cooler Master 460W (12v - 36A) Cooler Master Elite PERC 6/i RAID Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Čudovište
(17 items)
 
Cheesecake
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz P67 ASRock Extreme4 Sapphire R9 280x Dual-X G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 320 Western Digital Green Hitachi Seagate 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD RW Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 24" BenQ G2420HD Logitech Deluxe 660 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-760 HAF-X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G Steelseries QCK mini 
Audio
OnBoard Digital To Sony Stereo 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium E2180 Gigabyte EP35-DS3P HD 3400 2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Seagate 300GB IDE Western Digital 250GB IDE Western Digital Red 2TB Windows Server 2012 R2 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Generic 17" Cooler Master 460W (12v - 36A) Cooler Master Elite PERC 6/i RAID Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueZarken View Post

I know PC Gamers are the minority, but if EA actually stopped making generic crap, stopped forcing PC Gamers to use Origin (we like options, Green Man Gaming, Steam, etc.) and stopped giving us terrible ports the majority of us may actually buy their games and support them. To be honest though that will never happen.

You are wrong on many levels here. The problem with EA isn't console ports or origin (FYI, nearly everyone makes console ports). I can live with console ports, fact of the matter is that nearly every games company does this because it's hard to make a viable PC only game. The real issue with EA is the fact that they swallow good developers such as bullfrog and bioware, and then destroy and semblence of integrity and quality that they once had. Bioware is a mere shadow of its former self now because of EA. The quality of Dragon Age 2, for instance, is horrible compared to the excellent DA:O.

I have no issue with Origin. Its whatever. I am angry that they destroyed bioware (among others), however.
post #27 of 110
Games are bad so people don't buy them.

I am jeenyus.

You know you're doing something wrong when I contemplated buying BF3 for $5 but bought a skin in LoL instead.

Could have got an entire game, decided to buy meaningless skin.
Money
(17 items)
 
Z575
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8Ghz MSI B350 Pro Carbon GIGABYTE R9 390 8GB 1100/1650Mhz 16GB Team DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
PNY CS1311 240GB - OS 2 x 2TB WD Black Raid 0 Synology DS416slim 4 x 1TB (raid 5) Corsair H100 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ElementaryOS Loki LG 29UM67P 29" 2560x1080 FreeSync HPE 87 w/ Browns + Ducky PBT caps 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 600W B2 Lian Li PCA05N Steelseries Rival 100 FiiO G10K + Logitech G230 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A6-3420M @ 2.2Ghz 1.1v Lenovo Torpedo A55 6720g2 8GB Kingston 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMouse
Samsung 840 250GB ElementaryOS x86_64 Abyssus 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
Money
(17 items)
 
Z575
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8Ghz MSI B350 Pro Carbon GIGABYTE R9 390 8GB 1100/1650Mhz 16GB Team DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
PNY CS1311 240GB - OS 2 x 2TB WD Black Raid 0 Synology DS416slim 4 x 1TB (raid 5) Corsair H100 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ElementaryOS Loki LG 29UM67P 29" 2560x1080 FreeSync HPE 87 w/ Browns + Ducky PBT caps 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 600W B2 Lian Li PCA05N Steelseries Rival 100 FiiO G10K + Logitech G230 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A6-3420M @ 2.2Ghz 1.1v Lenovo Torpedo A55 6720g2 8GB Kingston 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMouse
Samsung 840 250GB ElementaryOS x86_64 Abyssus 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

You are wrong on many levels here. The problem with EA isn't console ports or origin (FYI, nearly everyone makes console ports). I can live with console ports, fact of the matter is that nearly every games company does this because it's hard to make a viable PC only game. The real issue with EA is the fact that they swallow good developers such as bullfrog and bioware, and then destroy and semblence of integrity and quality that they once had. Bioware is a mere shadow of its former self now because of EA. The quality of Dragon Age 2, for instance, is horrible compared to the excellent DA:O.
I have no issue with Origin. Its whatever. I am angry that they destroyed bioware (among others), however.

that should read its easier and cheaper to make a console game ..

And you say you have no issue with console ports but is that not the reason DA2 is horrible ?? I have no idea what DA 2 is never played it..
Gamer Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE asus crosshair iv extreme XFX 6950 XFX 6950  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX 74 gb raptors  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
enzotech Luna rev a  D5 Bitspower moded pump Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Series Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Serie 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit 27" Asus VE278 Merc steath seasonic 860w platinum 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
thermaltake kandolf LCS G700 Laser Cordless Mouse Razor eXactmat 
  hide details  
Reply
Gamer Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE asus crosshair iv extreme XFX 6950 XFX 6950  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5IN SATA3 MCX 74 gb raptors  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
enzotech Luna rev a  D5 Bitspower moded pump Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Series Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP 6970/50 Serie 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit 27" Asus VE278 Merc steath seasonic 860w platinum 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
thermaltake kandolf LCS G700 Laser Cordless Mouse Razor eXactmat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 110
Some of you guys don't seem to understand that the reason they blame MoH as part of the loss is that they have already spent the money to produce it, but it has not had time to bring that money back through sales. Personally though, with the harsh reviews it's been getting, I'm not sure if MoH will ever be profitable for them.
Flow
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Sabertooth Z77 EVGA 680 GTX 16 Gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 GB SSD + 2TB Noctua D-14 Windows 7 Pro x64 u3011 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750w Lian Li PC-9F CM Spawn 
  hide details  
Reply
Flow
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Sabertooth Z77 EVGA 680 GTX 16 Gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 GB SSD + 2TB Noctua D-14 Windows 7 Pro x64 u3011 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750w Lian Li PC-9F CM Spawn 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 110
EA should just quit humping potentially profitable IPs into submission.

Sent from my Droid X running ICS CM9
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TS] EA posts $381 million loss, blames MoH for "soft" holiday outlook