Thanks for the feedback mates, I really appreciate it!!
Originally Posted by akromatic
lol i swear 80w isnt enough to power an un-undervolted 5700, 90w would just make it considering you over draw it and heavy load the PSU would just shut off. I had to drop 1.2ghz and 0.5v to run a 5800k on 80w
Swear all you want, but this little baby is running Planetside 2 (and any other game for that matter) without anything throttling, overheating, or shutting down
The DC module on the Antec ISK110 isn't comparable at all
in quality to this Mini-box picoPSU.
And now to the work
Between all the family duties, the christmas skiing trip and whatnot, I've been away from home good 10 days
Look at how purrty those colors are
A detail of how I've solved the edges. Now I have got a flush look, and still can screw on the edges
Any observing eyes will detect that the frame sits 3mm above the shell... Nope it's not a mistake! The NH-L9a is a couple mm taller than the stock heatsink, so I've had to do some shenanigans
I'll file the edges of the shell down to give a look as smooth as possible, though.
And this is my brand spanking new Noctua NH-L9a
. Has to be one of the best packaged heatsinks I've ever had. With the permission of the EK Supreme HF
So that's it for today! Tomorrow it's trimming and filing time, and hopefully I'll get around building the feet to let the case stand
Originally Posted by jakiejake
Gorgeous, making me jealous!
I'm doing something like this but 20x20cm with no screen and laying down.
The thinnest heat sink I could find was the GEILD slim silence so I grabbed that.
I've got a few questions on your build:
- With the heat sink & fan how much space did you have from the top of it and your screen?
- How are the temps with the screen on?
- What is the white form called and how did you attach your motherboard via that? (standoffs?)
I totally forgot to reply your post, XD
1) From the very top of the outer reinforcement frame to the edge of the screen it measures 62mm right now.
2) Haven't tested with the back panel on, but right now at max fan speed it's hovering high 50s at full burn. Reached high 70s at full blast with stock heatsink. And this is without any vents cut on the case nor any extra turbines installed!! In PWM enabled it reaches low 70s, and the fan only goes up to 1.4kRPM (that's why I've set a manual curve that kicks it to 100% speed when temps go over 60ºC).
3)The foam is *drumrolls* white protective foam salvaged from the box where the screen came!!
But you can do away with any foam really, even bubble wrap will do. The standoffs are mounted to the shell and held in place with nuts on the screen side. And since there's foam padding on the screen side (to protect it from bumps and even light hits), the nuts never touch the panel.
About your idea (20x20 laying down), it was my initial concept. That, with a screen that rised with a scissor-type mount. But then I got into the whole portability and all-in-one concepts, and ditched that in favor of a 'fat tablet' form factor
I'm eager to see what do you come up with!! Edited by Artikbot - 12/29/12 at 1:01pm