Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [IGN] Report: PS4 Dev Kits Surface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[IGN] Report: PS4 Dev Kits Surface - Page 17  

post #161 of 468
i know this has already been said before but xbox/ps3 specs were upper mid-range compared to their PC counterparts when they launched...however...they were sold as loss leaders. But the upside was that the cycle was definitely longer than the previous generations. I paid over $600 for the ps3 10 months after launch and I knew that was a hefty investment just to play 720p games but looking back these 5+ years it was well worth it and I still have enough backlog to last me at least 2-3 years (plus I use it frequently for blu-ray).

This upcoming gen pretty much will seem to use lower-range when compared to PC that are on the market TODAY...by then time they launch they will definitely be a bit aged.

I just don't see next gen lasting as long if they do end up shipping with these specs...I hope next-gen console visuals on average throughout its lifespan can at least match BF3 graphics

Either way I doubt i'll jump into next-gen...I hvae a massive backlog this gen and already spent so much money into it (accessories...40+ games etc)...I see myself picking up a PS4 slim for cheap though to catch up on the exclusives from Naughty Dog/Polyphony Digital
Edited by twitchyzero - 11/4/12 at 2:42pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H-WB EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Green DDR3 4X4GB @ 2.1GHz Samsung 850 Pro 2TB Samsung SpinPoint F4 EcoGreen 2TB HDD LG GH24NS72 DVD Rewriter 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Liquid Cooler Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM E-IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard Rev 2 Seasonic X-750 80+ Gold 750W Rev 3 Corsair Carbide 500R Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Alienware TactX Gaming Mouse 5000DPI SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mousepad Edifier M3300SF 2.1 Speaker Set 54W RMS Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser HD 650 Open-Ear Headphones Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Res USB DAC/ Por... Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad  Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core m7-6Y75 vPro Intel Graphics HD 515 DDR3L-1600MHz 8GB Samsung 960 Pro 1TB  
OSMonitorOther
Windows 10 Pro x64 Sharp IGZO 4K UHD touch Dell x Wacom active stylus 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H-WB EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Green DDR3 4X4GB @ 2.1GHz Samsung 850 Pro 2TB Samsung SpinPoint F4 EcoGreen 2TB HDD LG GH24NS72 DVD Rewriter 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Liquid Cooler Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM E-IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard Rev 2 Seasonic X-750 80+ Gold 750W Rev 3 Corsair Carbide 500R Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Alienware TactX Gaming Mouse 5000DPI SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mousepad Edifier M3300SF 2.1 Speaker Set 54W RMS Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser HD 650 Open-Ear Headphones Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Res USB DAC/ Por... Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad  Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core m7-6Y75 vPro Intel Graphics HD 515 DDR3L-1600MHz 8GB Samsung 960 Pro 1TB  
OSMonitorOther
Windows 10 Pro x64 Sharp IGZO 4K UHD touch Dell x Wacom active stylus 
  hide details  
post #162 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post

In texture res and detail, it doesn't "blow gears away"
Those are native shots taken from direct feeds... Just click on them to make them larger.
Your gif image is the real bull-shot taken from 480p video and downsampled to hide the jaggies and increase image quality.
Just compare texture res and detail to your shot:
I already said that Naughty Dog is offloading work on the SPEs, and physics was one of them. Likewise, Gears 3 has higher res textures and FXAA.

You're joking right? You .gif is much higher quality file with less compression so it has less blurring and artefacts then mine rolleyes.gif

And uncharted has MLAA so what's your point? U3 also has better texture filtering... And why do you bring up what the SPU's are doing? I'm well aware of what developers are doing with them, it's not Naughty Dogs fault 360 doesn't have any.

Gears characters look like they're made form clay..... but if the clay look floats your boat...

Even U3 multiplayer has better textures then gears...

aNwZO.jpg

H79IZ.jpg
post #163 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post

I just think its funny how you can't quote me directly because its a loosing argument and its your opinion vs. mine. Just let it go now because its getting boring responding to you. I think I've changed your mind against your own will and you can't really accept it and move on.
An A10 is at least 6x RSX accounting for architectural improvements and improvements to the memory bus. Combine that with the direct to the metal programming interface and I think an A10 would be a nice upgrade if they are going for a lower price point.

No offense man but your argument is ridiculous. Clearly you like the xbox a lot. That's fine. Don't expect anyone to take you seriously though.

Also Gears of War 3 has no AA at all. I don't know why you keep insisting it does. This is part of the reason the game looks so bad and was a huge oversight on the part of Epic.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
post #164 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

I just don't see next gen lasting as long if they do end up shipping with these specs...

Agreed.
If everyone uses budget hardware from now on hopefully we'll get our five year upgrade cycle back.



Are people really arguing over console graphics on a PC overclocking forum? Really? It's like watching an argument over the superiority of the stock class Civic or Corolla...
post #165 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post


Are people really arguing over console graphics on a PC overclocking forum? Really? It's like watching an argument over the superiority of the stock class Civic or Corolla...

Watch out my 8 valves of fury are winding up and stiring the slush box of autotragic and I might be comming for you.

but on a real note, I just hope that the machine dose not have an loud wine like my computer once my 560s spin up.
My System
(15 items)
 
The Expermint
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2 X 4386 Asus KCMA-D8  560 SE Wintec 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
stock stock Win 7 PC Power and Cooling 750W 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel 5820K X99-UD4 ati 5750 corcair  
Hard DriveOSPower
ScanDisk SSD win 8.1 CORSAIR Builder Series CX600  
  hide details  
My System
(15 items)
 
The Expermint
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2 X 4386 Asus KCMA-D8  560 SE Wintec 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
stock stock Win 7 PC Power and Cooling 750W 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel 5820K X99-UD4 ati 5750 corcair  
Hard DriveOSPower
ScanDisk SSD win 8.1 CORSAIR Builder Series CX600  
  hide details  
post #166 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by almighty15 View Post

You're joking right? You .gif is much higher quality file with less compression so it has less blurring and artefacts then mine rolleyes.gif
And uncharted has MLAA so what's your point? U3 also has better texture filtering... And why do you bring up what the SPU's are doing? I'm well aware of what developers are doing with them, it's not Naughty Dogs fault 360 doesn't have any.
Gears characters look like they're made form clay..... but if the clay look floats your boat...
Even U3 multiplayer has better textures then gears...
aNwZO.jpg

Uhh.. Gears 2 used MSAA and Gears 3 uses FXAA. And BTW, both original images are 720p downsized to roughly the same size. I'm not sure why you're grasping at a few missing pixels, neither of which are representative anyway. Why are you showing me multiplayer shots? I guess you couldn't prove your point with the SP shot so you divert to MP. Its really pointless because MP will always have a reduced quality.

Unlike MLAA and MSAA, FXAA works on surfaces and not just edges. If you look at your first image of the wall just below were it says "Lives 10" you'll see just how poor the texture filtering is.

multiplayer-trenches-map.jpg

You can't keep a straight face and claim that UC3 has better texture filtering than Gears.

My shot is of MP too and is at the original 720p res.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtom320 View Post

No offense man but your argument is ridiculous. Clearly you like the xbox a lot. That's fine. Don't expect anyone to take you seriously though.





No offense taken, but at least I'm putting forth an argument worth a damn. I've listed pros and cons regarding both games which just so happens to reflect the pros and cons of their respective system architecture. I've gotten rep for each of my rebuttals to you so far, so clearly someone likes them. thumb.gif It doesn't matter what I like/dislike... You're wrong either way...See my following post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtom320 View Post


Also Gears of War 3 has no AA at all. I don't know why you keep insisting it does. This is part of the reason the game looks so bad and was a huge oversight on the part of Epic


You don't know anything about console gaming or game development so why even speak on it? Its not simply an "oversight" but foresight in lieu of performance; its about trade offs of image quality and game performance and the fact that you would even make any claims regarding game development really shows how ignorant & delusional you are... Go pull your PC closer to your body so that it may comfort you.

Like I said earlier, Gears uses some form of anti-aliasing:

Gears 3
Quote:
This is something of a surprise: NVIDIA's FXAA technology has made its way into several shipping games now and there's even support in recent builds of Unreal Engine 3, so the non-appearance of any form of anti-aliasing in Gears 3 - even one as light on resources as FXAA - is curious. It may simply be the case that performance is finely balanced as it is and Epic couldn't factor in the required 1ms of GPU time. Similarly, it could simply be the case that the artists didn't like the effect on their intricate artwork - at the end of the day, FXAA is essentially an intelligently applied blur.

Gears 2
Quote:
Gears of War 2 implemented 2x multi-sample anti-aliasing

Source

Uncharted must have been the best game that you've ever played because if you're here defending it and making all of these boisterous claims, what else is one supposed to think.
Edited by BizzareRide - 11/4/12 at 8:08pm
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
post #167 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRosko42 View Post

Zero chance of it happening.
Think about the problems that would arise in 3 years if they were to release it (assuming the connection is there from the get go)...
PLAY THE LATEST HIT UNCHARTED 5 IN STORES NOW*
*Requires $199 GPUBOOST PS4 Addon sold seperately.

Sony and developers wouldn't want to fragment the userbase considering a huge chunk would never use the upgrade due to it's cost.
It's not like it's something like the old n64 expansion packs that are cheap enough to be bundled into games. It'd be like buying the console over again and would cause tons of problems fragmenting the userbase.

I don't get this argument? Isn't this exactly how the PC gaming market works? Some people have weak systems and others have super computers to play games. The games simply list the requirement to run and you can either run it or not. It's not like the presence of an extra GPU would mean that games would all the sudden not run on regular PS4's. The extra GPU would simply allow games to run with even higher graphical details than the standard PS4, just like with PC games...

I do agree that it would be unlikely that Sony would go this route. I would think a better solution would be to offer a second GPU in an "updated" PS4 in a few years...

It is indeed how the PC market works, and consoles don't want to end up like that. Different hardware sets means fragmentation which lowers sales of any software using the upgraded hardware. And as I've said in multiple posts now, more hardware means more testing, more bugs, more dev time and higher dev costs.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
post #168 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by almighty15 View Post

You're joking right? You .gif is much higher quality file with less compression so it has less blurring and artefacts then mine rolleyes.gif
And uncharted has MLAA so what's your point? U3 also has better texture filtering... And why do you bring up what the SPU's are doing? I'm well aware of what developers are doing with them, it's not Naughty Dogs fault 360 doesn't have any.
Gears characters look like they're made form clay..... but if the clay look floats your boat...
Even U3 multiplayer has better textures then gears...
aNwZO.jpg

Uhh.. Gears 2 used MSAA and Gears 3 uses FXAA. And BTW, both original images are 720p downsized to roughly the same size. I'm not sure why you're grasping at a few missing pixels, neither of which are representative anyway. Why are you showing me multiplayer shots? I guess you couldn't prove your point with the SP shot so you divert to MP. Its really pointless because MP will always have a reduced quality.

Unlike MLAA and MSAA, FXAA works on surfaces and not just edges. If you look at your first image of the wall just below were it says "Lives 10" you'll see just how poor the texture filtering is.

multiplayer-trenches-map.jpg

You can't keep a straight face and claim that UC3 has better texture filtering than Gears.

My shot is of MP too and is at the original 720p res.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtom320 View Post

No offense man but your argument is ridiculous. Clearly you like the xbox a lot. That's fine. Don't expect anyone to take you seriously though.





No offense taken, but at least I'm putting forth an argument worth a damn. I've listed pros and cons regarding both games which just so happens to reflect the pros and cons of their respective system architecture. I've gotten rep for each of my rebuttals to you so far, so clearly someone likes them. thumb.gif It doesn't matter what I like/dislike... You're wrong either way...See my following post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtom320 View Post


Also Gears of War 3 has no AA at all. I don't know why you keep insisting it does. This is part of the reason the game looks so bad and was a huge oversight on the part of Epic


You don't know anything about console gaming or game development so why even speak on it? Its not simply an "oversight" but foresight in lieu of performance; its about trade offs of image quality and game performance and the fact that you would even make any claims regarding game development really shows how ignorant & delusional you are... Go pull your PC closer to your body so that it may comfort you.

Like I said earlier, Gears uses some form of anti-aliasing:

Gears 3
Quote:
This is something of a surprise: NVIDIA's FXAA technology has made its way into several shipping games now and there's even support in recent builds of Unreal Engine 3, so the non-appearance of any form of anti-aliasing in Gears 3 - even one as light on resources as FXAA - is curious. It may simply be the case that performance is finely balanced as it is and Epic couldn't factor in the required 1ms of GPU time. Similarly, it could simply be the case that the artists didn't like the effect on their intricate artwork - at the end of the day, FXAA is essentially an intelligently applied blur.

Gears 2
Quote:
Gears of War 2 implemented 2x multi-sample anti-aliasing

Source

Uncharted must have been the best game that you've ever played because if you're here defending it and making all of these boisterous claims, what else is one supposed to think.

I really hope this is just .jpg artifacting, because frankly, if this is natural res, it looks like crap.
multiplayertrenchesmap.jpg
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 2x AMD R9-FuryX 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 2x Acer XR341CK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake X9 Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 Objective2+ODAC REV B Sound Blaster ZxR Audio Technica AT2020 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 2x AMD R9-FuryX 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 2x Acer XR341CK 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake X9 Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 Objective2+ODAC REV B Sound Blaster ZxR Audio Technica AT2020 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
post #169 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I don't get this argument? Isn't this exactly how the PC gaming market works? Some people have weak systems and others have super computers to play games. The games simply list the requirement to run and you can either run it or not. It's not like the presence of an extra GPU would mean that games would all the sudden not run on regular PS4's. The extra GPU would simply allow games to run with even higher graphical details than the standard PS4, just like with PC games...
I do agree that it would be unlikely that Sony would go this route. I would think a better solution would be to offer a second GPU in an "updated" PS4 in a few years...

Yes, but it defeats the object of the console. Sony might pull a cheeky move e.g. forcing devs to reduce graphical detail and releasing an HD DLC pack which requires the addon.

It would be a bad idea IMO.
Servant of Sigmar
(11 items)
 
RedHax0r V2
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700K Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Extreme 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Sandisk SSD 240GB ADATA SSD Samsung Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 64 Bit Seasonic 520W Non-modular Aerocool Aero 800 white 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R5 1500X Asus Prime B350 Plus Sapphire RX 480 Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Sandisk SSD 1TB WD Blue Yes AMD Wraith Spire 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 64 Bit Corsair CS430 Antec VSK 4000B 
  hide details  
Servant of Sigmar
(11 items)
 
RedHax0r V2
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700K Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Extreme 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Sandisk SSD 240GB ADATA SSD Samsung Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 64 Bit Seasonic 520W Non-modular Aerocool Aero 800 white 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R5 1500X Asus Prime B350 Plus Sapphire RX 480 Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Sandisk SSD 1TB WD Blue Yes AMD Wraith Spire 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 64 Bit Corsair CS430 Antec VSK 4000B 
  hide details  
post #170 of 468
Are you that dumb?
Quote:
Gears 3
Quote:
This is something of a surprise: NVIDIA's FXAA technology has made its way into several shipping games now and there's even support in recent builds of Unreal Engine 3, so the non-appearance of any form of anti-aliasing in Gears 3 - even one as light on resources as FXAA - is curious. It may simply be the case that performance is finely balanced as it is and Epic couldn't factor in the required 1ms of GPU time. Similarly, it could simply be the case that the artists didn't like the effect on their intricate artwork - at the end of the day, FXAA is essentially an intelligently applied blur.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [IGN] Report: PS4 Dev Kits Surface