Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [IGN] Report: PS4 Dev Kits Surface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[IGN] Report: PS4 Dev Kits Surface - Page 46  

post #451 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post

No idea what you're doing with that Droid 3, but apart from a few bugs at least the Android browser doesn't tend to lock up the system when I go on Facebook as the PS3s browser has done on Firmware version 4.something the 3 times I've tried.

Honestly, a lot of the PS3 users rarely play games, they might here and there but for the most part will watch movies..Most of the gamers went to the 360 from the beginning.

I use the Droid 3...
Gotta love those fanboy made myths. You may think "a lot", but it's really the minority. You don't have to accept facts. You also do not have to accept the fact that the PS3 has more users than the 360. But they are facts none-the-less.
You really should stop believing myths.

He didn't say you didn't, he asked what you were doing that it crashes so much.

You are, once again, coming form a place of no proof. "well they own 6 games each" really means nothing.

I own, for the PS3:
Army of two
Army of two the 40th day
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Portal 2
R&C Tools of Destruction
R&C Quest for Booty
R&C A Crack in Time
R&C Collectors Disk (Origonal, GC, UYA)

Take a guess how much I play.

I don't.

It sits there, doing nothing unless I want to watch a Bluray movie or watch some Roadrunner and Coyote I have on the server or something. But you seem to think some statistic of people owning games actually means anything in terms of what the PS3 is used for.

My PS2 sees at least 5 times the use my PS3 does, even today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eseb1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Bolded: noted.
The statement "Your personal feelings on the matter really don't make a difference." is both not incorrect, and not a lie. Learn what those things are before using them.
My claim is based on myself, and the people I know who own PS3s. As of yet, your statement is backed by nothing. This makes it an OPINION on your part, which then makes the statement in quotes above true.
Functionality is not the same as Stability. One again, please learn what these things are before using them.

Both of your claims are backed off of nothing other than the people you personally know with a PS3. I'm sure you understand what sampling bias is, and how both of you have no proof going either way on the issue.
Having said that, I'd love a real statistic of this issue.

Someone who understands!

To clear something up however, his is based on people owning games, not people he knows, or that is what has been said so far. As little as mine means in the grand scheme of things, at least mine is based on real people.

I would love real numbers, but unless someone is going to poke Sony's servers and give the CEO another heart attack, we probably won't get it.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
post #452 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post

No idea what you're doing with that Droid 3, but apart from a few bugs at least the Android browser doesn't tend to lock up the system when I go on Facebook as the PS3s browser has done on Firmware version 4.something the 3 times I've tried.

Honestly, a lot of the PS3 users rarely play games, they might here and there but for the most part will watch movies..Most of the gamers went to the 360 from the beginning.

I use the Droid 3...
Gotta love those fanboy made myths. You may think "a lot", but it's really the minority. You don't have to accept facts. You also do not have to accept the fact that the PS3 has more users than the 360. But they are facts none-the-less.
You really should stop believing myths.

He didn't say you didn't, he asked what you were doing that it crashes so much.

You are, once again, coming form a place of no proof. "well they own 6 games each" really means nothing.

I own, for the PS3:
Army of two
Army of two the 40th day
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Portal 2
R&C Tools of Destruction
R&C Quest for Booty
R&C A Crack in Time
R&C Collectors Disk (Origonal, GC, UYA)

Take a guess how much I play.

I don't.

It sits there, doing nothing unless I want to watch a Bluray movie or watch some Roadrunner and Coyote I have on the server or something. But you seem to think some statistic of people owning games actually means anything in terms of what the PS3 is used for.

My PS2 sees at least 5 times the use my PS3 does, even today.

Bold: "Guys, vgchartz stats are false, but instead of insulting the source I feel like insulting the messenger."
Really? Also, that is very little games. I have around 20 for the PS3, myself. PS2 is the one that sits in wait for me.
As for the browser, I have not tested it on facebook, then again, I rarely use facebook. I have tested it on playlist.com before the recent update and that is the only site it crashed on for me.
Edited by Paratrooper1n0 - 11/30/12 at 11:27pm
post #453 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post

No idea what you're doing with that Droid 3, but apart from a few bugs at least the Android browser doesn't tend to lock up the system when I go on Facebook as the PS3s browser has done on Firmware version 4.something the 3 times I've tried.

Honestly, a lot of the PS3 users rarely play games, they might here and there but for the most part will watch movies..Most of the gamers went to the 360 from the beginning.

I use the Droid 3...
Gotta love those fanboy made myths. You may think "a lot", but it's really the minority. You don't have to accept facts. You also do not have to accept the fact that the PS3 has more users than the 360. But they are facts none-the-less.
You really should stop believing myths.

He didn't say you didn't, he asked what you were doing that it crashes so much.

You are, once again, coming form a place of no proof. "well they own 6 games each" really means nothing.

I own, for the PS3:
Army of two
Army of two the 40th day
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Portal 2
R&C Tools of Destruction
R&C Quest for Booty
R&C A Crack in Time
R&C Collectors Disk (Origonal, GC, UYA)

Take a guess how much I play.

I don't.

It sits there, doing nothing unless I want to watch a Bluray movie or watch some Roadrunner and Coyote I have on the server or something. But you seem to think some statistic of people owning games actually means anything in terms of what the PS3 is used for.

My PS2 sees at least 5 times the use my PS3 does, even today.

Bold: "Guys, vgchartz stats are false, but instead of insulting the source I feel like insulting the messenger."
Really? Also, that is very little games. I have around 20 for the PS3, myself. PS2 is the one that sits in wait for me.
As for the browser, I have not tested it on facebook, then again, I rarely use facebook. I have tested it on playlist.com before the recent update and that is the only site it crashed on for me.

Didn't say your charts are false. You said the chart says that people owned 6 games. That means, literally, nothing.

How you can even claim that means anything baffles me.

And for the record, since I listed 12, and you claim 20... do you have any idea how small 20 is? I must have no fewer then 40 games for my PS2. Some day I'll take a pic of them all.
Edited by KyadCK - 11/30/12 at 11:33pm
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
post #454 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post

No idea what you're doing with that Droid 3, but apart from a few bugs at least the Android browser doesn't tend to lock up the system when I go on Facebook as the PS3s browser has done on Firmware version 4.something the 3 times I've tried.

Honestly, a lot of the PS3 users rarely play games, they might here and there but for the most part will watch movies..Most of the gamers went to the 360 from the beginning.

I use the Droid 3...
Gotta love those fanboy made myths. You may think "a lot", but it's really the minority. You don't have to accept facts. You also do not have to accept the fact that the PS3 has more users than the 360. But they are facts none-the-less.
You really should stop believing myths.

He didn't say you didn't, he asked what you were doing that it crashes so much.

You are, once again, coming form a place of no proof. "well they own 6 games each" really means nothing.

I own, for the PS3:
Army of two
Army of two the 40th day
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Portal 2
R&C Tools of Destruction
R&C Quest for Booty
R&C A Crack in Time
R&C Collectors Disk (Origonal, GC, UYA)

Take a guess how much I play.

I don't.

It sits there, doing nothing unless I want to watch a Bluray movie or watch some Roadrunner and Coyote I have on the server or something. But you seem to think some statistic of people owning games actually means anything in terms of what the PS3 is used for.

My PS2 sees at least 5 times the use my PS3 does, even today.

Bold: "Guys, vgchartz stats are false, but instead of insulting the source I feel like insulting the messenger."
Really? Also, that is very little games. I have around 20 for the PS3, myself. PS2 is the one that sits in wait for me.
As for the browser, I have not tested it on facebook, then again, I rarely use facebook. I have tested it on playlist.com before the recent update and that is the only site it crashed on for me.

Didn't say your charts are false. You said the chart says that people owned 6 games. That means, literally, nothing.

How you can even claim that means anything baffles me.

And for the record, since I listed 12, and you claim 20... do you have any idea how small 20 is? I must have no fewer then 40 games for my PS2. Some day I'll take a pic of them all.

Who said it was only 20 on the PS2? I got rid of a chunk of my PS2 games, but I still have ~50 left. If you want my PS3 list, it is still technically on topic.
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Resident Evil 5
Avatar: The Game
Soul Calibur 5
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Assassin's Creed 2
Skyrim
Persona 4 Arena
Unreal Tourny 3
R&C: TOD
R&D: ACIT
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Red Dead Redemption
Madden 11
Fifa 11
Saints Row 2
Haze
Medal of Honor
Tokyo Jungle
Counter Strike Global Offensive
Papo & Yo
Black Ops
Borderlands

My bad, 32 games. And I got rid of like another ~15 before ending up with this pile.

Bold: Never claimed it meant something, though it was for reference.
post #455 of 468
Am I reading this right? Because a few people in this thread don't use there PS3 for games and they know a few other people that don't use for gaming they claim that nobody uses it for gaming?

That's is the funniest thing I've heard all week.....

PS3 has sold 70+ million and you're trying to say that people don't use it for gaming?

There's not a picture or word that can describe how dumb that logic is...
post #456 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by almighty15 View Post

Am I reading this right? Because a few people in this thread don't use there PS3 for games and they know a few other people that don't use for gaming they claim that nobody uses it for gaming?

That's is the funniest thing I've heard all week.....

PS3 has sold 70+ million and you're trying to say that people don't use it for gaming?

There's not a picture or word that can describe how dumb that logic is...

When the PS3 first came out, it was cheaper then other bluray players. Some people did buy it for this alone. It is also very well known that they play bluray in addition to being able to run netflix and capable of streaming. People also buy them for this alone.

Your statistic of "70 million sold, they must be used for gaming" is just as bad as the vgcharts "people have 6 games, they must be used for gaming". The number means nothing.

The idea that people do not use if for gaming is based on people we know. Yours is based on a random statistic that has nothing to do with the argument at hand. Find numbers that prove they do use it for gaming, and that will have something to do with it.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
post #457 of 468
The one thing that really holds back the PS3 is the ram architecture. The 360 also only has 512mb of ram in total, but it's more flexible for devs because it's a shared pool. I hope PS4 will learn from this.
FairladyZ
(14 items)
 
Twin Turbo S2000
(13 items)
 
Skyline
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k Asus P8Z68-M Pro MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G Corsair Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Black Hybrid 1TB WD10S12X Asus BW-12B1ST Thermaltake WATER2.0 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
MAG Innovision 22 inch LCD Samsung SyncMaster 2220wm Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Antec Earthwatts 750w 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 430 Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (@3.4ghz, lapped) ASRock P45TurboTwins2000 HD4850 (@800gpu/1087mem) Patriot PC2-6400 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD6400AALS/WD6400AAKS Emprex DVD±RW Win7 Ultimate x86/XP Pro(Dual Boot) MAG 22" WS LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP 5302H Multimedia Keyboard Antec Basiq 500w + Ultra Xconnect 500w Cooler Master Mystique 632S Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X2 4600+ (@2.75ghz, lapped) ECS KN1 Lite Sapphire X1950GT 512mb (@681/661) 2x1GB Mushikin DDR400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 80GB Maddog DVD-RW Windows XP Pro SP2 Mag 22" WS LCD LT2219WDB 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Hewlett Packard 5302H Apevia 500w Generic CompUSA Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
FairladyZ
(14 items)
 
Twin Turbo S2000
(13 items)
 
Skyline
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k Asus P8Z68-M Pro MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G Corsair Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Black Hybrid 1TB WD10S12X Asus BW-12B1ST Thermaltake WATER2.0 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
MAG Innovision 22 inch LCD Samsung SyncMaster 2220wm Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Antec Earthwatts 750w 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 430 Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (@3.4ghz, lapped) ASRock P45TurboTwins2000 HD4850 (@800gpu/1087mem) Patriot PC2-6400 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD6400AALS/WD6400AAKS Emprex DVD±RW Win7 Ultimate x86/XP Pro(Dual Boot) MAG 22" WS LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP 5302H Multimedia Keyboard Antec Basiq 500w + Ultra Xconnect 500w Cooler Master Mystique 632S Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X2 4600+ (@2.75ghz, lapped) ECS KN1 Lite Sapphire X1950GT 512mb (@681/661) 2x1GB Mushikin DDR400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 80GB Maddog DVD-RW Windows XP Pro SP2 Mag 22" WS LCD LT2219WDB 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Hewlett Packard 5302H Apevia 500w Generic CompUSA Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
post #458 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

The idea that people do not use if for gaming is based on people we know. Yours is based on a random statistic that has nothing to do with the argument at hand. Find numbers that prove they do use it for gaming, and that will have something to do with it.

I'm not even going to waste my time with you, I have better things to be doing with my time, like licking a toilet seat or watching paint dry.
post #459 of 468
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdrifter View Post

The one thing that really holds back the PS3 is the ram architecture. The 360 also only has 512mb of ram in total, but it's more flexible for devs because it's a shared pool. I hope PS4 will learn from this.

PS3's ram architecture is fine, it works just like it does on PC, do you think PC architecture is not good too?

PS3's graphics card can access all 512mb if it needs too as PS3's memory system is very very flexible.
post #460 of 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by almighty15 View Post

Am I reading this right? Because a few people in this thread don't use there PS3 for games and they know a few other people that don't use for gaming they claim that nobody uses it for gaming?

That's is the funniest thing I've heard all week.....

PS3 has sold 70+ million and you're trying to say that people don't use it for gaming?

There's not a picture or word that can describe how dumb that logic is...

When the PS3 first came out, it was cheaper then other bluray players. Some people did buy it for this alone. It is also very well known that they play bluray in addition to being able to run netflix and capable of streaming. People also buy them for this alone.

Your statistic of "70 million sold, they must be used for gaming" is just as bad as the vgcharts "people have 6 games, they must be used for gaming". The number means nothing.

The idea that people do not use if for gaming is based on people we know. Yours is based on a random statistic that has nothing to do with the argument at hand. Find numbers that prove they do use it for gaming, and that will have something to do with it.

Netflix was not available on the PS3 until YEARS after its release.
100% of the people I know use it for gaming first by the way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [IGN] Report: PS4 Dev Kits Surface