Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Any Driver crashes my GTX 480
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any Driver crashes my GTX 480 - Page 2

post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post

That makes a little sense? Dude, that's the first thing everyone would recommend. Next it'll be baking :-)... I love baking... I'm going to go look at some pictures of lolcats now.

lachen.gif I meant some sense. My bad.


Op, try reseating the card or installing it in a different slot.
TheSadFlute
(16 items)
 
DyingHeart
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K TUF Sabertooth MSI 1080 Ti 16GB 2400MHz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 480GB LE 3TB WD Green Sammy 500GB 850 EVO H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro  BenQ XR3501 Logitech G710+ EVGA G2 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master Stryker Logitech G602 Asus Strix Nakamichi 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965BE  Sapphire 790X Zotac GTX650  4GB Corsair 1066 DDR2 (1GBx4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120GB WD 2TB Green Stock 3x120mm UQ fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro SP1 x64 LG 21' 1680x1050 Genius  Corsair CX600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte  E-Blue Mazer XFX WarPad On-board 
Audio
Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
TheSadFlute
(16 items)
 
DyingHeart
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K TUF Sabertooth MSI 1080 Ti 16GB 2400MHz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 480GB LE 3TB WD Green Sammy 500GB 850 EVO H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro  BenQ XR3501 Logitech G710+ EVGA G2 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master Stryker Logitech G602 Asus Strix Nakamichi 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965BE  Sapphire 790X Zotac GTX650  4GB Corsair 1066 DDR2 (1GBx4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120GB WD 2TB Green Stock 3x120mm UQ fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro SP1 x64 LG 21' 1680x1050 Genius  Corsair CX600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte  E-Blue Mazer XFX WarPad On-board 
Audio
Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
I've never Overclocked my CPU. And it would be hard, but I might be comfortable with it. It's the only gpu I have and my mobo doesn't have integrated graphics.
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJihaad View Post

I've never Overclocked my CPU. And it would be hard, but I might be comfortable with it. It's the only gpu I have and my mobo doesn't have integrated graphics.

Have you overclocked the GPU and if you have does it do this at stock clocks?

Comps
post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 
Have you overclocked the GPU and if you have does it do this at stock clocks?

Comps



No. I'm sorry, that was the overclocking capabilities. Is at 700 and 18xx memory clock.
post #15 of 22
Ok,

The thing you could try to do is push through a little more voltage to get it stable. However to be honest I think the place you baught this from were aware that the card had issues..

Comps
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post

Ok,
The thing you could try to do is push through a little more voltage to get it stable. However to be honest I think the place you baught this from were aware that the card had issues..
Comps


Well.... That's great. Looks like my game will have to wait. I was almost done too >.
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJihaad View Post

Well.... That's great. Looks like my game will have to wait. I was almost done too >.

When did this problem start, was the card working before??
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post

When did this problem start, was the card working before??


It was working with Ubuntu (Linux) then I bought windows 7. I wanted to play games to their max. It worked once! I was playing skyrim on Max no lag! It was beautiful. Msi Display server showed it was only at 76%load and never went above 82 degrees Celsius
post #19 of 22
Card needs to be baked, the person that sold it to you was probably aware of the fact it was dodgy. The 480's tended to get hot for a long period of time so the solder is probably shot.

Comps
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post

Card needs to be baked, the person that sold it to you was probably aware of the fact it was dodgy. The 480's tended to get hot for a long period of time so the solder is probably shot.
Comps


Is there any other test I can do? It will accept the default VGA driver but only when I install nvidia drivers it acts up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Any Driver crashes my GTX 480