Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [ET]Nexus 10 review round-up: Sometimes it’s possible to have too many pixels
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ET]Nexus 10 review round-up: Sometimes it’s possible to have too many pixels - Page 12  

post #111 of 148
NOVA 3 and NOVA 3 doesn't hold a candle to Crysis. Jesus.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
post #112 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post

Are you seriously comparing lowest graphics settings? That's futile and irrelevant.

Steelbom should be known as Strawbom. Yes.
You should read the previous replies before trying to be a smart aleck. The reason we're talking about lowest settings, is because it's the Intel HD 4000 powering the Surface Pro, and it's certainly not going to run Crysis: Warhead at any higher settings than that -- not at 1920x1080, and probably not even at 1280x720.

That's why I was saying that games optimised for the SGX543MP2, SGX554MP4 or SGX543MP3 can look better (e.g., N.O.V.A 3) than say Crysis: Warhead on lowest settings, which is all an HD 4000 will be able to muster, as game developers simply aren't optimising their game for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

NOVA 3 and NOVA 3 doesn't hold a candle to Crysis. Jesus.
Sigh... it will look better if Crysis is on lowest settings.

All right... it's time to pull up some screenshots.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
post #113 of 148
Why is this thread so derailed?
L.E.G.I.O.N.
(29 items)
 
S.A.M.P.S.O.N.
(18 items)
 
M.I.C.H.E.L.L.E.
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX AMD Radeon 7950 Windforce AMD Radeon 7950 Windforce 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4x 4gb Corsair Veangance DDR3 2x Seagate 1tb 2x M4 Crucial 64gb Raid 0 on 6gbs 2x LG Supermulti 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling 6x Enermax 120mm Blue LED 4x BitFenix Spectre Pros 120mm Blue LED (courte... 2x Antec Tricools 120mm Blue LED 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x Scythe Slipstream Slim 120mm 6x ACE High Performance 40mm Blue LED (Emergency Overheat System) 2x stock Corsair H1... Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x 19" 1x17" (Games at 4010x1024) Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair Enthusiast 750w TX Lanboy Air Blue (Maxed Fans) 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Naga Razer Vespula 6 CCFLs from ELWirePros.com 60ft EL Wire from ELWirePros.com 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Custom LED Feet from PerformancePCs.com LED Toggle Switches from PerformancePCs.com Custom Built "Rig-nition" courtesy of Digkey 3d Printed Sideplates courtesy of Governor Simcoe 
Other
BitFenix Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
965 BE Asus M4N98TD Evo 9500GT 9500GT 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
5x IO Gear USB-VGA Kingston HyperX WD Blue 500GB Corsair Air Series Quiet Edition 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP (up to) 9x LCD Projectors Generic ToPower 500 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 Green Generic Table Creative Sound Blaster Recon Fatality Professional 
OtherOther
APC 40 APC 20 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770k Gigabyte Z77MITX MSI 7990 Malta "Lightning" Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
WD Green 4x Spectre Pro 120mm Black H100I Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 22bw IPS Logitech G510 Corsair CX750 BitFenix Prodigy 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Ikea Cutting Board Varied 
  hide details  
L.E.G.I.O.N.
(29 items)
 
S.A.M.P.S.O.N.
(18 items)
 
M.I.C.H.E.L.L.E.
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX AMD Radeon 7950 Windforce AMD Radeon 7950 Windforce 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4x 4gb Corsair Veangance DDR3 2x Seagate 1tb 2x M4 Crucial 64gb Raid 0 on 6gbs 2x LG Supermulti 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling 6x Enermax 120mm Blue LED 4x BitFenix Spectre Pros 120mm Blue LED (courte... 2x Antec Tricools 120mm Blue LED 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x Scythe Slipstream Slim 120mm 6x ACE High Performance 40mm Blue LED (Emergency Overheat System) 2x stock Corsair H1... Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x 19" 1x17" (Games at 4010x1024) Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair Enthusiast 750w TX Lanboy Air Blue (Maxed Fans) 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Naga Razer Vespula 6 CCFLs from ELWirePros.com 60ft EL Wire from ELWirePros.com 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Custom LED Feet from PerformancePCs.com LED Toggle Switches from PerformancePCs.com Custom Built "Rig-nition" courtesy of Digkey 3d Printed Sideplates courtesy of Governor Simcoe 
Other
BitFenix Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
965 BE Asus M4N98TD Evo 9500GT 9500GT 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
5x IO Gear USB-VGA Kingston HyperX WD Blue 500GB Corsair Air Series Quiet Edition 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP (up to) 9x LCD Projectors Generic ToPower 500 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 Green Generic Table Creative Sound Blaster Recon Fatality Professional 
OtherOther
APC 40 APC 20 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770k Gigabyte Z77MITX MSI 7990 Malta "Lightning" Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
WD Green 4x Spectre Pro 120mm Black H100I Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 22bw IPS Logitech G510 Corsair CX750 BitFenix Prodigy 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Ikea Cutting Board Varied 
  hide details  
post #114 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

You should read the previous replies before trying to be a smart aleck. The reason we're talking about lowest settings, is because it's the Intel HD 4000 powering the Surface Pro, and it's certainly not going to run Crysis: Warhead at any higher settings than that -- not at 1920x1080, and probably not even at 1280x720.
That's why I was saying that games optimised for the SGX543MP2, SGX554MP4 or SGX543MP3 can look better (e.g., N.O.V.A 3) than say Crysis: Warhead on lowest settings, which is all an HD 4000 will be able to muster, as game developers simply aren't optimising their game for it.
Sigh... it will look better if Crysis is on lowest settings.
All right... it's time to pull up some screenshots.

... But why bother getting screenshots of Crysis on it's lowest settings against NOVA on it's only setting? Aside form the fact that there is so much more to Crysis than there is in Nova (actual AI, Physics, Shaders, large Textures (even on low) and quite a lot more polygons.

NOVA3 is a good looking game as is Dead Trigger and such, but they are very small, limited games. They have such a small area to draw and such a small LOD fade. NOVA doesn't need to render the sea in the background, for example, NVOA isn't a huge, sprawling landscape.

Dude, come on.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
post #115 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

You should read the previous replies before trying to be a smart aleck. The reason we're talking about lowest settings, is because it's the Intel HD 4000 powering the Surface Pro, and it's certainly not going to run Crysis: Warhead at any higher settings than that -- not at 1920x1080, and probably not even at 1280x720.

And HD4000 can't run Nova?
post #116 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

You should read the previous replies before trying to be a smart aleck. The reason we're talking about lowest settings, is because it's the Intel HD 4000 powering the Surface Pro, and it's certainly not going to run Crysis: Warhead at any higher settings than that -- not at 1920x1080, and probably not even at 1280x720.
That's why I was saying that games optimised for the SGX543MP2, SGX554MP4 or SGX543MP3 can look better (e.g., N.O.V.A 3) than say Crysis: Warhead on lowest settings, which is all an HD 4000 will be able to muster, as game developers simply aren't optimising their game for it.
Sigh... it will look better if Crysis is on lowest settings.
All right... it's time to pull up some screenshots.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5771/the-intel-ivy-bridge-core-i7-3770k-review/9

Also Nova is on Android and works for a number of devices.
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
post #117 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

... But why bother getting screenshots of Crysis on it's lowest settings against NOVA on it's only setting? Aside form the fact that there is so much more to Crysis than there is in Nova (actual AI, Physics, Shaders, large Textures (even on low) and quite a lot more polygons.

NOVA3 is a good looking game as is Dead Trigger and such, but they are very small, limited games. They have such a small area to draw and such a small LOD fade. NOVA doesn't need to render the sea in the background, for example, NVOA isn't a huge, sprawling landscape.

Dude, come on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post

And HD4000 can't run Nova?
Both you and Kand are entirely twisting the entire point of what I was saying. So listen, and stop detracting from what I originally said.

I said a short while ago that the iPad 4 has the most powerful graphics. Deeldo replied and said that the Surface Pro did. I replied and I said that despite that the iPad will still have better graphics for some games, because developers don't optimise for the HD 4000 because it's on the low end of the spectrum in regard to graphics, whereas the SGX543MP2/SGX554MP4 and SGX543MP3 are on the other hand, the most powerful on iOS and thus games are optimised for it.

The Intel HD 4000 graphics aren't capable of playing Crysis: Warhead on anything but the lowest settings at 1920x1080, if it can even handle that... which is why I'm comparing the lowest end graphics in Crysis: Warhead, to what N.O.V.A 3 has.

How is that difficult to understand? Stop going on about Crysis having more depth and such, of course it does. That was never my argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post

Because Strawbom's pursuing a strawman argument.
No. This thread is derailed because several members here, yourself included, are twisting what I originally said into an argument I never made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolsmasher View Post

I believe the point he was making is that the image quality of games you can play on HD4000 and the Apple chip are similar due to optimizations. Just because the HD4000 has more horsepower doesn't necessarily mean it will produce greater image quality in its environment.

Somehow you two have twisted his words into something else. Pot calling the kettle black with all your straw man BS.
Yep...

Anyway...

Here's some screenshots of both N.O.V.A 3 and Crysis: Warhead (on lowest settings) reaffirming my point, that despite HD 4000 graphics being more powerful, games optimised for the SGX543MP2 can look better:

(Image heavy.)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
N.O.V.A 3:

img0015mt.png

img0016g.png

img0017ho.png

img0018x.png
img0019s.png
img0020b.png
img0021c.png
img0022ff.png


Crysis: Warhead:

2012110800001.jpg
2012110800002.jpg
2012110800003.jpg
2012110800004.jpg
2012110800005.jpg
2012110800006.jpg
2012110800007.jpg
2012110800008.jpg
2012110800009.jpg
2012110800010.jpg

And that's just on the SGX543MP2 on an iPad mini. If you look at the SGX543MP3 in the iPhone 5 it has even more grunt to work with. Real Racing 3 and Infinity Blade: Dungeons should really show off what they can do.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
post #118 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

TL DR

But the HD4000 is capable of playing Nova. And on that note, I'm pretty sure the HD4000 is capable of playing modern Source engine games on High quality. Which is practically similar to what Nova has to offer.

Who the hell bothers to play Crysis at lowest preset anyway?

I'll leave this here.


Edited by Kand - 11/7/12 at 7:55pm
post #119 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post

But the HD4000 is capable of playing Nova. And on that note, I'm pretty sure the HD4000 is capable of playing modern Source engine games on High quality. Which is practically similar to what Nova has to offer.
Who the hell bothers to play Crysis at lowest preset anyway?
I'll leave this here.

But so is the 360 capable of playing Uncharted.

He was merely emphasizing of the overal visual presentation of tablets (usually spear headed by Apple devices) is pretty darn good even as "illusions" (they aren't know for the depth of gameplay). I repeat, he already said he agrees about those higher tier games having much more depth.

The conversation went too far from his main point.

He still makes sense: It's similar to console exclusives against PC games. There are several ways of looking at them depending on what you want to make out of it.
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
post #120 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubers View Post

But so is the 360 capable of playing Uncharted.
He was merely emphasizing of the overal visual presentation of tablets (usually spear headed by Apple devices) is pretty darn good even as "illusions" (they aren't know for the depth of gameplay). I repeat, he already said he agrees about those higher tier games having much more depth.
The conversation went too far from his main point.
He still makes sense: It's similar to console exclusives against PC games. There are several ways of looking at them depending on what you want to make out of it.

But the 360 never managed to play Crysis 1. Your point?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [ET]Nexus 10 review round-up: Sometimes it’s possible to have too many pixels