Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › "Quality issues" - ATI 79x0 vs Nvidia 6x0?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Quality issues" - ATI 79x0 vs Nvidia 6x0? - Page 3

post #21 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemour View Post

oh course its opinion.
that does not matter
79x0 is better than 6x0 thats all that matters no point in discussing this anymore

It does matter as you are expected to Post factual information. Parts and performance are two different things and the fact is no substantiating info regarding this. It wasn't clear it was your opinion.

As per performance AMD is doing better with current drivers Kudos. However the post is asking specifically for 'quality' issues and not performance. So performance doesn't make quality better.



@OP

Quality to me is a number of things added together that make the total sum the better product. Both products have their niche'. I'm going to refer back to a review that shows AMD getting better FPS scaling with multiple cards because they do not address the micro-stutter issue as well as Nvidia.

Micro-Stuttering And GPU Scaling In CrossFire And SLI - AUG 2011

Seems Nvidia gets impacted by handling micro-stutter better.

As SLI or Crossfire goes for quality, scaling goes to AMD and less micro-stutter to Nvidia. Year old but there's the proof, read the article. Which is important to OP is his decision.


My opinion is Nvidia this year is doing better SLI vs Crossfire and closed the gap in scaling it seems from the benches I've seen. However in tri and quad Nvidia isn't able to scale as well as AMD yet.

Raw performance is easy to see but quality is harder to determine.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemour View Post

oh course its opinion.
that does not matter
79x0 is better than 6x0 thats all that matters no point in discussing this anymore

You are funny man.

1. You provide a statement with an implication of absolution that has nothing to back it up. What's worse, it's a very bold statement.

2. You argue about it.

3. You say that it's an opinion, while also stating that it doesn't matter that it's an opinion AND that there is no point in discussing this issue anymore.

I have a couple of problems with your "logic" here:

1. An opinion without proof is worth nothing. It's absolutely worthless. And since it's an opinion with nothing to back it up, as you've stated yourself, most likely it's nonsense.

2. You didn't create this thread, and yet you're saying that 79x0 is better than 6x0 and there is no point in discussing it. Again, providing is solely with your opinion without anything to back it up, however this time you suggest that this thread is worthless and your answer is the absolute truth.

I suggest you to stop posting utter nonsense and let the OP to decide when it's time to close the thread.
post #23 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemour View Post

That stutter is not on a AMD card it usually has to with ppl changing the game with mods and or ini tweaks. ipreset interval changes can cause stuttering with frame locking. My 7970 never stutters in eyefinity with a ton of mods and ini tweaks. My friends have argued that their 670s stutter more than my amd friends but like I said they all mod and tweak their game so the "stutter" issue is irrelevant.
Cards can fail for no reason. Everyone can say this company sucks cause my card failed so more than others. Just buy a 7950 or 7970 from a good company like Asus or Sapphire and you will be more than happy. Just remember that those cards are cheaper and faster than the 670/680 it is common sense to get AMD now.

i was trying to refer it was mostly likely the drivers not the card. hince why i was mentioning nvidia driver failures for my card. i apologize if i was misunderstood. dont get me wrong both amd and nvidia make powerful card but they both are very driver depended.

edit:
if i where you and were looking for bang for your buck go with 7950.
post #24 of 39
Blah blah blah to long and boring to read.

all these amd vs nv threads ask are the same old thing

A. best bang for my buck
B. which is the better card

amd wins both
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 5ghz p67 Sabertooth  gigabyte 780 G. SKILL TridentX Series 2133ghz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Force 3 120gig win7 64bit benq 27"X3 eyefinity Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone gold series 750w Corsair 650d Vengeance M60  
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 5ghz p67 Sabertooth  gigabyte 780 G. SKILL TridentX Series 2133ghz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Force 3 120gig win7 64bit benq 27"X3 eyefinity Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone gold series 750w Corsair 650d Vengeance M60  
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Quality to me is a number of things added together that make the total sum the better product. Both products have their niche'. I'm going to refer back to a review that shows AMD getting better FPS scaling with multiple cards because they do not address the micro-stutter issue as well as Nvidia.
Micro-Stuttering And GPU Scaling In CrossFire And SLI - AUG 2011
Seems Nvidia gets impacted by handling micro-stutter better.
As SLI or Crossfire goes for quality, scaling goes to AMD and less micro-stutter to Nvidia. Year old but there's the proof, read the article. Which is important to OP is his decision.
My opinion is Nvidia this year is doing better SLI vs Crossfire and closed the gap in scaling it seems from the benches I've seen. However in tri and quad Nvidia isn't able to scale as well as AMD yet.
Raw performance is easy to see but quality is harder to determine.

Well I'm not looking to do Crossfire or SLI. Maybe in far future, but by then, I hope that I will be able to afford a whole new PC that will run the games that will be latest then on 60+FPS. So that FAR look at the future is pointless for me.

Is that problem is still there with single video cards too?

And I am going to overclock it but I will not touch the volts by the way. If I know it right, the 7970 should run better than not overclocked 680. And 7950 better than 670 not overclocked. Also both 660 Ti and 670 when overclocked should run slower than Radeon. But I'm not sure about that however.
post #26 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigbuild View Post

Well I'm not looking to do Crossfire or SLI. Maybe in far future, but by then, I hope that I will be able to afford a whole new PC that will run the games that will be latest then on 60+FPS. So that FAR look at the future is pointless for me.
Is that problem is still there with single video cards too?
And I am going to overclock it but I will not touch the volts by the way. If I know it right, the 7970 should run better than not overclocked 680. And 7950 better than 670 not overclocked. Also both 660 Ti and 670 when overclocked should run slower than Radeon. But I'm not sure about that however.

In single cards you don't need to worry about micro-stutter.

It was more if an example what I would consider 'quality'.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

In single cards you don't need to worry about micro-stutter.
It was more if an example what I would consider 'quality'.

I understand.

So far from what I have gathered, I am all for ATI cards. I don't see a reason to go for Geforce so far.
post #28 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigbuild View Post

I understand.
So far from what I have gathered, I am all for ATI cards. I don't see a reason to go for Geforce so far.

True this.

The AMD cards are usually cheaper, and in my case last a whole lifetime longer than whatever the green camp has to offer.
T8
(17 items)
 
T6
(17 items)
 
T5
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i5 2400 @ 3.0 ASROCK Z68 Pro 3 M AMD Radeon HD 6950 Shader Unlocked, @ 900/1400 2x KVR1333D3N9/4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x KVR1333D3N9/2G Plextor M5S 128GB Western Digital Caviar GreenPower WD5000AACS Western Digital Caviar WD2500JS 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LiteON iHAS324 DVD-RW DL Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro w/ AVC DS12025B12U Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Dell Ultrasharp U2211H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rapoo V500 (Kailh Yellow) FSP Aurum AU-400 400W 80PLUS Gold CoolerMaster Silencio 352 CoolerMaster Storm SPAWN 
Audio
Fenda F&D H200 2.0 USB Powered 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.0 ASROCK Z68 Pro 3 M AMD Radeon HD 5770 1GD5 (Reference) 2x KVR1333D3N9/4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2x KVR1333D3N9/2G Transcend SSD370 128GB WD Scorpio Blue WD7500BPVT Samsung SH-223C 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer-C AKASA Ball Bearing Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Dell Ultrasharp U2311H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Armaggeddon Strike Eagle MKI-3 (Kailh Red) Dell (Foxconn) F320EM-00 320W 80PLUS Gold CoolerMaster Elite 341 CM Storm SPAWN 
Audio
Dell USB Powered 2.0 
  hide details  
Reply
T8
(17 items)
 
T6
(17 items)
 
T5
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i5 2400 @ 3.0 ASROCK Z68 Pro 3 M AMD Radeon HD 6950 Shader Unlocked, @ 900/1400 2x KVR1333D3N9/4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x KVR1333D3N9/2G Plextor M5S 128GB Western Digital Caviar GreenPower WD5000AACS Western Digital Caviar WD2500JS 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LiteON iHAS324 DVD-RW DL Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro w/ AVC DS12025B12U Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Dell Ultrasharp U2211H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rapoo V500 (Kailh Yellow) FSP Aurum AU-400 400W 80PLUS Gold CoolerMaster Silencio 352 CoolerMaster Storm SPAWN 
Audio
Fenda F&D H200 2.0 USB Powered 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.0 ASROCK Z68 Pro 3 M AMD Radeon HD 5770 1GD5 (Reference) 2x KVR1333D3N9/4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2x KVR1333D3N9/2G Transcend SSD370 128GB WD Scorpio Blue WD7500BPVT Samsung SH-223C 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer-C AKASA Ball Bearing Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Dell Ultrasharp U2311H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Armaggeddon Strike Eagle MKI-3 (Kailh Red) Dell (Foxconn) F320EM-00 320W 80PLUS Gold CoolerMaster Elite 341 CM Storm SPAWN 
Audio
Dell USB Powered 2.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigbuild View Post

I understand.
So far from what I have gathered, I am all for ATI cards. I don't see a reason to go for Geforce so far.

As for quality both cards currently have everything going for them.

Performance and pricing AMD gets the nod. Next driver release and it may change as it does go back and forth quite often for performance. I'm betting it will.
smile.gif

As for pricing I don't foresee NVidia coming down on price with next gen right around the corner. They didn't last year and I wouldn't hold out this year for lower pricing.

If you needed confirmation both are great products. smile.gif Sapphire for AMD if you choose is my favorite vendor.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

As for quality both cards currently have everything going for them.
Performance and pricing AMD gets the nod. Next driver release and it may change as it does go back and forth quite often for performance. I'm betting it will.
smile.gif
As for pricing I don't foresee NVidia coming down on price with next gen right around the corner. They didn't last year and I wouldn't hold out this year for lower pricing.
If you needed confirmation both are great products. smile.gif Sapphire for AMD if you choose is my favorite vendor.

I have looked around and so far I like ATI cards a lot due to their performance. But what about features? Cuda and PhysX or smart vsync as an example. Maybe ATI cards lack in features that are useful?

Thanks for the advice. smile.gif But why Sapphire? I was always thinking that MSI and Gigabyte and maybe ASUS were the good brands. I always thought that Sapphire was the cheap and pretty bad card. I think I made this opinion when looking at the store when I bought this current computer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › "Quality issues" - ATI 79x0 vs Nvidia 6x0?