Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 3770k multiplier OC vs. turbo OC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3770k multiplier OC vs. turbo OC

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
So, what's the difference between them ? Right now i am on 4.5Ghz through turbo oc. Any experienced guy that can tell me the difference ?
Edited by CalinTM - 11/6/12 at 11:54am
PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7 3770K @4.5Ghz (Multiplier OC) 1... MSI Z77A-GD65 [10.10 BIOS] MSi GTX 980 GAMING + MX4 @1544mhz/1.262v; +450M... Geil Black Dragon 4x4Gb 1866Mhz [XMP] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb [AHCI] Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 10586.420 (FPP/retail key) BenQ XL2411T [Dual-Link DVI, 144Hz] AUO M24HW01... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 [green switches] Enermax Revolution 87+ 750W and APC Back-UPS 950VA Phanteks Evolv Atx Tempered Glass Black + ATX 2... Razer Mamba 2015 Tournament Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK Mini Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7 3770K @4.5Ghz (Multiplier OC) 1... MSI Z77A-GD65 [10.10 BIOS] MSi GTX 980 GAMING + MX4 @1544mhz/1.262v; +450M... Geil Black Dragon 4x4Gb 1866Mhz [XMP] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb [AHCI] Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 10586.420 (FPP/retail key) BenQ XL2411T [Dual-Link DVI, 144Hz] AUO M24HW01... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 [green switches] Enermax Revolution 87+ 750W and APC Back-UPS 950VA Phanteks Evolv Atx Tempered Glass Black + ATX 2... Razer Mamba 2015 Tournament Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK Mini Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 17
They are the same thing. You are changing the multiplier that the chip turbos to, so the end result is the same.
post #3 of 17
If you decide to change the CMOS settings and use Intel TurboBoost, BEWARE. This is because the TurboBoost puts the i7 3770K to 3.9, but past that, whenever you boot your PC, the Intel TurboBoost will up the clock from wherever you set you CMOS settings. I suggest just OC'ing without Intel TurboBoost unless you just like 3.9GHz....

[Edit] :http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/311752-28-overclock-turbo-boost

Just to be clear you can do either, I was just saying to read into it, and know what the result is before you OC with Turbo ON
Edited by TheN00b - 11/6/12 at 7:39pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k ASUS Z77 Sabertooth NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680 Corsair Dominator 16GB (2x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Green 3.5" 5400RPM Corsair ForceGT SSD SATA III Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Gateway 22" LCD Display Stock Dell Corsair ATX 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 690 ii Advanced Stock Dell College mouse pad Logitech Z(something) 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k ASUS Z77 Sabertooth NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680 Corsair Dominator 16GB (2x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Green 3.5" 5400RPM Corsair ForceGT SSD SATA III Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Gateway 22" LCD Display Stock Dell Corsair ATX 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 690 ii Advanced Stock Dell College mouse pad Logitech Z(something) 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheN00b View Post

If you decide to change the CMOS settings and use Intel TurboBoost, BEWARE. This is because the TurboBoost puts the i7 3770K to 3.9, but past that, whenever you boot your PC, the Intel TurboBoost will up the clock from wherever you set you CMOS settings. I suggest just OC'ing without Intel TurboBoost unless you just like 3.9GHz....
[Edit] :http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/311752-28-overclock-turbo-boost
Just to be clear you can do either, I was just saying to read into it, and know what the result is before you OC with Turbo ON

What are you talking about? All you do is change the TURBO multiplier from 39 to whatever you want, then it will turbo up to the specified multiplier that you have it set at, it won't go higher.
ivybeech
(21 items)
 
4K-HTPC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k@4.7ghz Gigabyte z170xp-sli Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16gb Team Xtreem DDR4 @16/18/18/37 3333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256gb M4 SSD boot 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 2TB Western Digital Green for storage 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Seagate 3 tb Seagate  2TB Seagate 4TB of various external storage 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 in push/pull Windows 10 pro ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" OC Catleap Q270SE IPS 2560x1440@120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Xarmor mechanical cherry mx-brown Hale90 1000w 80+gold EVGA DG-87 Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2400 Intel DP67BG Nvidia GTX 950 8gb Gskill Ripjaws 1600mhz ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256gb samsung SSD Asus Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Corsair H50 push/pull Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio m60-c3 - 3840x2160 OCZ ZT 750w Silverstone Grandia gd-05 
  hide details  
Reply
ivybeech
(21 items)
 
4K-HTPC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k@4.7ghz Gigabyte z170xp-sli Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16gb Team Xtreem DDR4 @16/18/18/37 3333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256gb M4 SSD boot 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 2TB Western Digital Green for storage 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Seagate 3 tb Seagate  2TB Seagate 4TB of various external storage 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 in push/pull Windows 10 pro ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" OC Catleap Q270SE IPS 2560x1440@120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Xarmor mechanical cherry mx-brown Hale90 1000w 80+gold EVGA DG-87 Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2400 Intel DP67BG Nvidia GTX 950 8gb Gskill Ripjaws 1600mhz ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256gb samsung SSD Asus Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Corsair H50 push/pull Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio m60-c3 - 3840x2160 OCZ ZT 750w Silverstone Grandia gd-05 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 17
-First off-
"Determining Your Maximum BCLK
Now that we’ve isolated BCLK from as many components as we can, let’s see how high we can get this thing to go.
The integrated memory controller (IMC) inside of the CPU is one of the things that doesn’t have a multiplier of its own, so it’s one of the things that’s going to get overclocked as we increase BCLK, and it will likely be what limits overclocking BCLK. Therefore, as you try to overclock BCLK, the VTT voltage (aka IMC) is what you’ll need to increase.

Manually set VTT to its default value
The default VTT voltage is 1.1 V, but as we increase BCLK, your motherboard may manually increase this on its own–which we don’t want–so if your default memory voltage is less than 1.6 V, manually set your VTT to 1.1 V, and if it’s greater than 1.6 V, set it to 1.15 V. We’re doing this because VTT should never be more 0.5V below the memory voltage.

Next, change BCLK from 133 to 150. Almost all systems should do this without a problem. Now, boot into windows.

If you get into windows fine, run the quick Prime95 system stress test for about 5 minutes. If you don’t see any errors, then you’re in good shape.

However, if you do get an error or the system freezes or reboots, you’ll need to go into the BIOS and increase the VTT voltage. I’d up it by 0.025 V at a time. Once you do that, you’ll want to go back to the previous step and run the Prime95 stress test again.

Once you’re stable, increase BCLK by 10.

Keep increasing BCLK by 10 and stress testing until you hit one of the follow road blocks:

You reach your desired BCLK.

You hit the maximum VTT that you’re willing to try. Remember: Intel’s absolute maximum for the VTT voltage is 1.4 V, but I’d recommend keeping this below 1.35 V to be safe.

Increasing the voltage isn’t helping anymore.

Once you’ve hit one of those road blocks, go back to your last successful attempt, and try upping BCLK by a finer increment, such as 5. If this passes, try upping it again by 2. If it doesn’t, try lowering it by 2. Keep doing this until you find your maximum BCLK.

Once you’ve found it, I’d recommend lowering it by a few MHz and running Prime95 for about an hour to make sure it’s nice and stable. If it fails, try lowering BCLK until it does pass. Once it passes, congratulations, you’ve found your maximum BCLK."

-http://www.masterslair.com/determining-your-maximum-bclk-base-clock-frequency-i7-i5-i3/

"Multiplier and Turbo – As mentioned above, the multiplier is the second factor in how CPU core speed is determined. Now, not all CPU’s have the same multiplier, it is dependent on where the CPU is positioned in the price/performance curve of Intel’s range of CPUs. Most of these come with a Turbo multiplier which is available if you enable the Speedstep option under the CPU settings. Care should be taken when using the turbo as you may not be able to see the resultant frequency in the BIOS. For instance, if your default multiplier of your CPU is 20 (i7-920) and you set your baseclock to 200 and you boot up with turbo enabled, you will leave the bios at 20 x 200 = 4 GHz, as soon as you enter your Operating system your turbo kicks in so you end up with 21 x 200 = 4.2 GHz. Now if you also have C-State enabled, one CPU core will actually have access to a 22 multiplier which enable that core to run at 22 x 200 = 4.4 GHz. You set your voltages expecting to run at 4 GHz and you cannot understand why you get a BSOD when you enter Windows, well, that is the reason, so take care when using turbo and C-State and adjust voltage to accommodate for the higher multipliers"

http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/

I am using 100Mhz rather than 133Mhz just for an example

Answer for the i7 3770k with TurboBoost(Auto Power Saving Feature):
(BaseClock) + ((2/3/4/4) * (Bus Speed)) = TurboClock

Stock TurboBoost Frequency's:
(3500(Mhz))+(2*(100))= 3.7Ghz
(3500(Mhz))+(3*(100)) =3.8Ghz
(3500(Mhz))+(4*(100))= 3.9Ghz
(3500(Mhz))+(4*(100))= 3.9Ghz

http://www.ehow.com/info_7885674_limitations-trigate-transistors.html

Answer for the i7 3770k with CMOS:
http://www.masterslair.com/how-to-overclock-intel-core-i7-i5-i3-cpu-overclocking-guide/
(BaseClock) * (MultiplierX) = CMOSClock

Stock Multiplier:
(100(MHz)) * 35x = 3.5Ghz
Adjustments:
(100(MHz)) * 37x= 3.7Ghz
(100(MHz)) * 38x= 3.8Ghz
(100(MHz)) * 39x= 3.9Ghz

So let's say you leave the bus speed at 100Mhz but want to increase the Multiplier to 40x and most applications on your PC use 2 Cores while using TurboBoost you would see:

Answer for the i7 3770k with TurboBoost and CMOS:
(100(MHz)) * 40x (In CMOS) = 4Ghz, but when your OS loads an application you would be bumped up to 43x which would put you at 4.3Ghz. Which is some cases, if you set your VTT to low, you would always get a BSoD.

So as I said before, just watch out for Intel TurboBoost hence know what the result is before you OC
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k ASUS Z77 Sabertooth NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680 Corsair Dominator 16GB (2x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Green 3.5" 5400RPM Corsair ForceGT SSD SATA III Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Gateway 22" LCD Display Stock Dell Corsair ATX 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 690 ii Advanced Stock Dell College mouse pad Logitech Z(something) 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k ASUS Z77 Sabertooth NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680 Corsair Dominator 16GB (2x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Green 3.5" 5400RPM Corsair ForceGT SSD SATA III Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Gateway 22" LCD Display Stock Dell Corsair ATX 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 690 ii Advanced Stock Dell College mouse pad Logitech Z(something) 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 17
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheN00b View Post

-First off-
"Determining Your Maximum BCLK
Now that we’ve isolated BCLK from as many components as we can, let’s see how high we can get this thing to go.
The integrated memory controller (IMC) inside of the CPU is one of the things that doesn’t have a multiplier of its own, so it’s one of the things that’s going to get overclocked as we increase BCLK, and it will likely be what limits overclocking BCLK. Therefore, as you try to overclock BCLK, the VTT voltage (aka IMC) is what you’ll need to increase.
Manually set VTT to its default value
The default VTT voltage is 1.1 V, but as we increase BCLK, your motherboard may manually increase this on its own–which we don’t want–so if your default memory voltage is less than 1.6 V, manually set your VTT to 1.1 V, and if it’s greater than 1.6 V, set it to 1.15 V. We’re doing this because VTT should never be more 0.5V below the memory voltage.
Next, change BCLK from 133 to 150. Almost all systems should do this without a problem. Now, boot into windows.
If you get into windows fine, run the quick Prime95 system stress test for about 5 minutes. If you don’t see any errors, then you’re in good shape.
However, if you do get an error or the system freezes or reboots, you’ll need to go into the BIOS and increase the VTT voltage. I’d up it by 0.025 V at a time. Once you do that, you’ll want to go back to the previous step and run the Prime95 stress test again.
Once you’re stable, increase BCLK by 10.
Keep increasing BCLK by 10 and stress testing until you hit one of the follow road blocks:
You reach your desired BCLK.
You hit the maximum VTT that you’re willing to try. Remember: Intel’s absolute maximum for the VTT voltage is 1.4 V, but I’d recommend keeping this below 1.35 V to be safe.
Increasing the voltage isn’t helping anymore.
Once you’ve hit one of those road blocks, go back to your last successful attempt, and try upping BCLK by a finer increment, such as 5. If this passes, try upping it again by 2. If it doesn’t, try lowering it by 2. Keep doing this until you find your maximum BCLK.
Once you’ve found it, I’d recommend lowering it by a few MHz and running Prime95 for about an hour to make sure it’s nice and stable. If it fails, try lowering BCLK until it does pass. Once it passes, congratulations, you’ve found your maximum BCLK."
-http://www.masterslair.com/determining-your-maximum-bclk-base-clock-frequency-i7-i5-i3/
"Multiplier and Turbo – As mentioned above, the multiplier is the second factor in how CPU core speed is determined. Now, not all CPU’s have the same multiplier, it is dependent on where the CPU is positioned in the price/performance curve of Intel’s range of CPUs. Most of these come with a Turbo multiplier which is available if you enable the Speedstep option under the CPU settings. Care should be taken when using the turbo as you may not be able to see the resultant frequency in the BIOS. For instance, if your default multiplier of your CPU is 20 (i7-920) and you set your baseclock to 200 and you boot up with turbo enabled, you will leave the bios at 20 x 200 = 4 GHz, as soon as you enter your Operating system your turbo kicks in so you end up with 21 x 200 = 4.2 GHz. Now if you also have C-State enabled, one CPU core will actually have access to a 22 multiplier which enable that core to run at 22 x 200 = 4.4 GHz. You set your voltages expecting to run at 4 GHz and you cannot understand why you get a BSOD when you enter Windows, well, that is the reason, so take care when using turbo and C-State and adjust voltage to accommodate for the higher multipliers"
http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/
I am using 100Mhz rather than 133Mhz just for an example
Answer for the i7 3770k with TurboBoost(Auto Power Saving Feature):
(BaseClock) + ((2/3/4/4) * (Bus Speed)) = TurboClock
Stock TurboBoost Frequency's:
(3500(Mhz))+(2*(100))= 3.7Ghz
(3500(Mhz))+(3*(100)) =3.8Ghz
(3500(Mhz))+(4*(100))= 3.9Ghz
(3500(Mhz))+(4*(100))= 3.9Ghz
http://www.ehow.com/info_7885674_limitations-trigate-transistors.html
Answer for the i7 3770k with CMOS:
http://www.masterslair.com/how-to-overclock-intel-core-i7-i5-i3-cpu-overclocking-guide/
(BaseClock) * (MultiplierX) = CMOSClock
Stock Multiplier:
(100(MHz)) * 35x = 3.5Ghz
Adjustments:
(100(MHz)) * 37x= 3.7Ghz
(100(MHz)) * 38x= 3.8Ghz
(100(MHz)) * 39x= 3.9Ghz
So let's say you leave the bus speed at 100Mhz but want to increase the Multiplier to 40x and most applications on your PC use 2 Cores while using TurboBoost you would see:
Answer for the i7 3770k with TurboBoost and CMOS:
(100(MHz)) * 40x (In CMOS) = 4Ghz, but when your OS loads an application you would be bumped up to 43x which would put you at 4.3Ghz. Which is some cases, if you set your VTT to low, you would always get a BSoD.
So as I said before, just watch out for Intel TurboBoost hence know what the result is before you OC

First off, you don't overclock Sandy or Ivy chips with BCLK. And you certainly don't overclock it to 150 if you did. So that whole first part is completely irrelevant.

Secondly, that's not the way turbo boost actually works for anyone who is overclocking. You set the overclocked multiplier you want, and that's what it will go to. Period. It won't add additional multipliers based on load unless you tell to by using the "by cores" setting instead of "by all cores" *actual BIOS name depends on MB*. And even if you do set it up that way, which no one does, it'll still only go to what you set it to.

Edit: Or maybe first off should have been that the guide you are reading and quoting from is for 1366 and 1156 processors (so Nehalem and Lynnfield), not 1155 chips like Sandy and Ivy.
Edited by Forceman - 11/7/12 at 12:20am
post #7 of 17
i know, im not a experienced guy smile.gif

this maybe sound simple but,
isnt it just the difference between ocing with turbo boost on,
and ocing without turbo boost, and using a fixed vcore?

with fixed vcore the chip wont downclock or "boost" when needed,
it just stays at the frequency you have set it to, so multiplier OC

with turbo OC, you leave turbo enabled, and some/all powersaving options,
so when the speed isnt really needed, it downclocks speed and vcore.

its up to the user, some like to have a fixed vcore,
having their highest oc frequency all the time,
i like the turbo, they didnt make that for nothing,
and i can still oc very well using it, 4.7ghz is np ..
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 17
Turbo Multiplier - It will boost to the highest set multiplier and even drop when idle( 4ghz,3.7ghz,2ghz,1.6ghz)

Manual- Will only boost to highest multiplier on load and drop to 1.6ghz when idle.(nothing in between).
:D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [4.5ghz] Asus P8Z77 V-Pro Asus GTX 760 2X4gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 1TB EZEX X 2 [RAID 0] [WD Black 640GB][2 X WD Blue 1TB EZEX] Corsair H80i Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp 23" Corsair CX430W v2 Corsair Graphite 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
:D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [4.5ghz] Asus P8Z77 V-Pro Asus GTX 760 2X4gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 1TB EZEX X 2 [RAID 0] [WD Black 640GB][2 X WD Blue 1TB EZEX] Corsair H80i Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp 23" Corsair CX430W v2 Corsair Graphite 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Wow, thanks for the reply, guys. I'm decided, i will stay with the turbo oc, and seems more smart than the multiplier OC.

I just need to put the multiplier back to auto, and enable turbo boost, and change the turbo multiplier for all 4 cores to 45, and that's all. I've tested the CPU with 4.5ghz turbo OC, in intel burn test 20 loops v. high and it passed, in games like bf3, passes too, so it's stable. And all the power saving features are enabled (except the cpu phase control, which is still using all 8 phases in idle and load, because i have a fixed voltage, because the CPU isn't stable at 4.5ghz with auto vcore).And i have kinda lower temps in idle and load, now biggrin.gif

Also, the bad thing about Turbo OC method, is that the turbo can't handle more than 4.5Ghz. If you want to pass 4.5ghz you need to get back to the classic multiplier OC.

Thanks !
Edited by CalinTM - 11/7/12 at 3:48am
PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7 3770K @4.5Ghz (Multiplier OC) 1... MSI Z77A-GD65 [10.10 BIOS] MSi GTX 980 GAMING + MX4 @1544mhz/1.262v; +450M... Geil Black Dragon 4x4Gb 1866Mhz [XMP] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb [AHCI] Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 10586.420 (FPP/retail key) BenQ XL2411T [Dual-Link DVI, 144Hz] AUO M24HW01... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 [green switches] Enermax Revolution 87+ 750W and APC Back-UPS 950VA Phanteks Evolv Atx Tempered Glass Black + ATX 2... Razer Mamba 2015 Tournament Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK Mini Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7 3770K @4.5Ghz (Multiplier OC) 1... MSI Z77A-GD65 [10.10 BIOS] MSi GTX 980 GAMING + MX4 @1544mhz/1.262v; +450M... Geil Black Dragon 4x4Gb 1866Mhz [XMP] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb [AHCI] Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 10586.420 (FPP/retail key) BenQ XL2411T [Dual-Link DVI, 144Hz] AUO M24HW01... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 [green switches] Enermax Revolution 87+ 750W and APC Back-UPS 950VA Phanteks Evolv Atx Tempered Glass Black + ATX 2... Razer Mamba 2015 Tournament Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK Mini Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalinTM View Post

Wow, thanks for the reply, guys. I'm decided, i will stay with the turbo oc, and seems more smart than the multiplier OC.

Also, the bad thing about Turbo OC method, is that the turbo can't handle more than 4.5Ghz. If you want to pass 4.5ghz you need to get back to the classic multiplier OC.
Thanks !

guess that depends on your chip,
i can run 4.7ghz, with 101blck, with turbo,
running 4.646, 101blck with turbo as daily oc..np
i only disabled c3/c6 in bios..
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 3770k multiplier OC vs. turbo OC