Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › how to install a .bsa format mod in skyrim?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

how to install a .bsa format mod in skyrim?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
i downloaded the hd - 2k textures pack but i can't figure out how to install it, i don't want to install the mod manager. the instruction says thet i just have to put that file in the skyrim/data folder which i did but it still doesn't seem to work.

NewBitmapImage-1.png
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/607
Edited by ghostrider85 - 11/7/12 at 1:46pm
post #2 of 7
Extract the downloaded file. I believe it should give you a Skyrim HD 2K.bsa and a Skyrim HD 2K.esp file. Put those into the data folder. If you open the data folder, you'll see other .esp and .bsa files there.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maian View Post

Extract the downloaded file. I believe it should give you a Skyrim HD 2K.bsa and a Skyrim HD 2K.esp file. Put those into the data folder. If you open the data folder, you'll see other .esp and .bsa files there.

when i downloaded it, it's only a single file, and named Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL-607-1-5.7z.001
i tried to extract it with 7zip and winrar, but just gave me an error, i can't extract it, i downloaded it several times to make sure that it's not just a bad download.
post #4 of 7
its a multipart file download the other parts to it
Epic Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 890FXA-GD70 (MS-7640) Radeon HD 5670 G. Skill 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G. Skill WD Green Seagate Samsung Blu Ray reader 
Monitor
i inc 28 inch monitor 
  hide details  
Reply
Epic Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 890FXA-GD70 (MS-7640) Radeon HD 5670 G. Skill 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G. Skill WD Green Seagate Samsung Blu Ray reader 
Monitor
i inc 28 inch monitor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedark1337 View Post

its a multipart file download the other parts to it

afaik it's only a single download for the .bsa packed one.
post #6 of 7
if it is, then why is his file appended with a .001? unless he downloaded the wrong one? 7z.001 usually indicates multipart file ex: 7z.002, 7z.003, etc.

EDIT: Reading the comments in Skyrim HD apparently it isn't supposed to be multipart but it is and people are having problems extracting it. Maybe try taking out the .001?
Edited by Thedark1337 - 11/7/12 at 8:13pm
Epic Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 890FXA-GD70 (MS-7640) Radeon HD 5670 G. Skill 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G. Skill WD Green Seagate Samsung Blu Ray reader 
Monitor
i inc 28 inch monitor 
  hide details  
Reply
Epic Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 890FXA-GD70 (MS-7640) Radeon HD 5670 G. Skill 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G. Skill WD Green Seagate Samsung Blu Ray reader 
Monitor
i inc 28 inch monitor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedark1337 View Post

if it is, then why is his file appended with a .001? unless he downloaded the wrong one? 7z.001 usually indicates multipart file ex: 7z.002, 7z.003, etc.
EDIT: Reading the comments in Skyrim HD apparently it isn't supposed to be multipart but it is and people are having problems extracting it. Maybe try taking out the .001?

thanks, i also checked the forums and and i found out that it really is a multipart, but the second part cannot be found anywhere.
there is a hidden mirror link that allowed me to download the full .bsa file, it's now working! thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › how to install a .bsa format mod in skyrim?