Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 3570 vs 3570K (more details inside)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3570 vs 3570K (more details inside) - Page 3

post #21 of 64
LN2 is liquid nitrogen, for extreme cooling of the CPU, and Dice is Dry Ice, also used for extreme overclocking.

If you want to run at 4.6 you'll probably want something like the NH-D14, as that is usually just a touch too high an overclock for a cheaper cooler like the Hyper 212+ with Ivy (depending on the voltage needed). Don't worry about the 67C thing from Intel - that is Tcase, which is a meaningless number for users (it's used by heatsink manufacturers). You monitor the CPU temps using RealTemp or Coretemp, which read the on-die temperature sensors. Keep those temps in the low-80s under heavy load and you'll be fine.

If you are fine with 4.3~4.4 (and maybe getting lucky with higher speeds) then I'd save the money and just get a Hyper 212+ EVO.
Edited by Forceman - 11/8/12 at 5:47pm
post #22 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigbuild View Post

If you don't mind me asking, what is LN2 and Dice?
That sounds good! Now we can move on to motherboards and coolers. I will create a new thread for motherboards to get more varied responses for my specific needs. However, can we talk about coolers here? What would you recommend for the needs I've specified? I think it should run below 67, according to Intel's site.

Actually the CPU has a max temperature rating of 104C. However you never want it to actually get that high. Some people suggest different numbers but it's all preference really. I would suggest keeping it below 90C for 24/7 load temps.

Well, how much do you want to invest in a cooler?
Celerity
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-8600K @ 5.3GHz / 1.4v Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero (WiFi-AC) EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified  Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB Western Digital Purple 2TB XSPC Raystorm Pro XSPC RX 360 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC D5 Photon 170 Windows 7 Professional Dell AW2518f BenQ GW2765 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2401 Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 SteelSeries QCK+ Sennheiser HD 598 FiiO E10K 
Other
Cablemod Sleeved Cables (Black/White) 
  hide details  
Reply
Celerity
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-8600K @ 5.3GHz / 1.4v Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero (WiFi-AC) EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified  Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB Western Digital Purple 2TB XSPC Raystorm Pro XSPC RX 360 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC D5 Photon 170 Windows 7 Professional Dell AW2518f BenQ GW2765 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2401 Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 SteelSeries QCK+ Sennheiser HD 598 FiiO E10K 
Other
Cablemod Sleeved Cables (Black/White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked x Josh View Post

Coolmaster 212.
Don't even bother with the EVO version. No major difference.

That's $40. I won't get it instantly, won't have enough money. I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTech View Post

Liquid nitrogen and dry ice. http://www.overclock.net/f/268/dry-ice-liquid-nitrogen
Fun stuff to get into if you wanted to do extreme overclocking. yessir.gif

I saw a video of AMD hitting high frequency in Asia, I think. It was nice to watch. I would like to have fun with such system. smile.gif I will check the link later, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

LN2 is liquid nitrogen, for extreme cooling of the CPU, and Dice is Dry Ice, also used for extreme overclocking.
If you want to run at 4.6 you'll probably want something like the NH-D14, as that is usually just a touch too high an overclock for a cheaper cooler like the Hyper 212+ with Ivy (depending on the voltage needed). Don't worry about the 67C thing from Intel - that is Tcase, which is a meaningless number for users (it's used by heatsink manufacturers). You monitor the CPU temps using RealTemp or Coretemp, which read the on-die temperature sensors. Keep those temps in the low-80s under heavy load and you'll be fine.
If you are fine with 4.3~4.4 (and maybe getting lucky with higher speeds) then I'd save the money and just get a Hyper 212+ EVO.

As I mentioned up, I thought it would be $20 or so. I think I will not be able to get it instantly then. NH-D14 is $130, which I will definitely have to save for, whichever is the case. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post

Actually the CPU has a max temperature rating of 104C. However you never want it to actually get that high. Some people suggest different numbers but it's all preference really. I would suggest keeping it below 90C for 24/7 load temps.
Well, how much do you want to invest in a cooler?

I want a cooler that would allow me to use the power of my CPU without hitting extreme temperatures, I do not know the prices. I will just go with whatever would provide that. However when I can buy it depends on the price.
post #24 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigbuild View Post

That's $40. I won't get it instantly, won't have enough money. I think.
I saw a video of AMD hitting high frequency in Asia, I think. It was nice to watch. I would like to have fun with such system. smile.gif I will check the link later, thanks.
As I mentioned up, I thought it would be $20 or so. I think I will not be able to get it instantly then. NH-D14 is $130, which I will definitely have to save for, whichever is the case. smile.gif
I want a cooler that would allow me to use the power of my CPU without hitting extreme temperatures, I do not know the prices. I will just go with whatever would provide that. However when I can buy it depends on the price.

Well the bare minimum you want to aim for is a Hyper 212+, anything less and it's not worth buying because it's just going to be something to hold you over. The Hyper 212+ should be good up to like 4.3-4.4GHz on Ivy depending on voltage.
Celerity
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-8600K @ 5.3GHz / 1.4v Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero (WiFi-AC) EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified  Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB Western Digital Purple 2TB XSPC Raystorm Pro XSPC RX 360 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC D5 Photon 170 Windows 7 Professional Dell AW2518f BenQ GW2765 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2401 Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 SteelSeries QCK+ Sennheiser HD 598 FiiO E10K 
Other
Cablemod Sleeved Cables (Black/White) 
  hide details  
Reply
Celerity
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-8600K @ 5.3GHz / 1.4v Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero (WiFi-AC) EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified  Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB Western Digital Purple 2TB XSPC Raystorm Pro XSPC RX 360 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC D5 Photon 170 Windows 7 Professional Dell AW2518f BenQ GW2765 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2401 Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 SteelSeries QCK+ Sennheiser HD 598 FiiO E10K 
Other
Cablemod Sleeved Cables (Black/White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post

Well the bare minimum you want to aim for is a Hyper 212+, anything less and it's not worth buying because it's just going to be something to hold you over. The Hyper 212+ should be good up to like 4.3-4.4GHz on Ivy depending on voltage.

That sounds not bad. I think I should revisit this topic in about a month or 2 however. I will probably have a little more money then and I will know if I need to overclock at all. If all games will run on 60 frames, there is no reason to overclock in my situation. smile.gif
post #26 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigbuild View Post

That sounds not bad. I think I should revisit this topic in about a month or 2 however. I will probably have a little more money then and I will know if I need to overclock at all. If all games will run on 60 frames, there is no reason to overclock in my situation. smile.gif

There's some games that really use the CPU power and overclocking even these newer chips helps quite a bit. But even if you don't overclock, you are still going to want to get that K processor as you are going to want to leave yourself with that overclocking option open.
Celerity
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-8600K @ 5.3GHz / 1.4v Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero (WiFi-AC) EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified  Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB Western Digital Purple 2TB XSPC Raystorm Pro XSPC RX 360 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC D5 Photon 170 Windows 7 Professional Dell AW2518f BenQ GW2765 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2401 Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 SteelSeries QCK+ Sennheiser HD 598 FiiO E10K 
Other
Cablemod Sleeved Cables (Black/White) 
  hide details  
Reply
Celerity
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-8600K @ 5.3GHz / 1.4v Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero (WiFi-AC) EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified  Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB Western Digital Purple 2TB XSPC Raystorm Pro XSPC RX 360 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC D5 Photon 170 Windows 7 Professional Dell AW2518f BenQ GW2765 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2401 Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 SteelSeries QCK+ Sennheiser HD 598 FiiO E10K 
Other
Cablemod Sleeved Cables (Black/White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post


1) Yes, you can OC the 3570 but by doing so you raise the BCLK and you should NOT do this for 24/7 purposes.

False. The 3570 has a maximum multi of 40 while using all 4 cores (42 on a single core, 41 on 2 cores).

OP, I wouldn't consider gaming to be a "practical" purpose. My experience is that I bought a 3570 and got the urge to overclock within a couple months and completely redid my system including switching to a 3570k. Learn from my mistake! YOU WILL WANT TO OVERCLOCK!

Truthfully 4.0GHZ without a voltage increase is pretty decent and very "practical" but like I said...
Reboot
(17 items)
 
DVR
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Professional XFX 7970 Double Dissapation XFX 7970 Double Dissapation 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 2133 DDR3 16Gb OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD Samsung 500GB HDD Kingston HyperX SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD-RW Corsair H100 CPU cooler Windows 7 Pro 27" Overlord Tempest X270OC 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair AX750 Corsair C70 Artic White Logitech G9x 
Audio
Logitech Z623 2.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron Processor G530 2.4 Ghz MSI H77MA-G43 Micro ATX  XFX HD 7750 1GB 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2 TB Western Digital Caviar Green Windows 7 Home Premium Antec EarthWatts 380W Green Antec New Solution NSK2480 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-2250 Tv Tuner 
  hide details  
Reply
Reboot
(17 items)
 
DVR
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Professional XFX 7970 Double Dissapation XFX 7970 Double Dissapation 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 2133 DDR3 16Gb OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD Samsung 500GB HDD Kingston HyperX SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD-RW Corsair H100 CPU cooler Windows 7 Pro 27" Overlord Tempest X270OC 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair AX750 Corsair C70 Artic White Logitech G9x 
Audio
Logitech Z623 2.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron Processor G530 2.4 Ghz MSI H77MA-G43 Micro ATX  XFX HD 7750 1GB 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2 TB Western Digital Caviar Green Windows 7 Home Premium Antec EarthWatts 380W Green Antec New Solution NSK2480 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-2250 Tv Tuner 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post

There's some games that really use the CPU power and overclocking even these newer chips helps quite a bit. But even if you don't overclock, you are still going to want to get that K processor as you are going to want to leave yourself with that overclocking option open.

Yes, my opinion on 3570K is pretty solid. Almost as solid as on 7970 and 16GB of ram. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post

False. The 3570 has a maximum multi of 40 while using all 4 cores (42 on a single core, 41 on 2 cores).
OP, I wouldn't consider gaming to be a "practical" purpose. My experience is that I bought a 3570 and got the urge to overclock within a couple months and completely redid my system including switching to a 3570k. Learn from my mistake! YOU WILL WANT TO OVERCLOCK!
Truthfully 4.0GHZ without a voltage increase is pretty decent and very "practical" but like I said...

Practical is what you wanna do with the system. To me, gaming is practical. Besides, some people make a living from gaming.

Did that give a lot of performance when you upgraded?
post #29 of 64
I don't think you'll get it to run below 67C, unless you mean under regular usage. As long as it's not hitting 90C during regular usage/gaming, you should be good, Ivy Bridge chips are rated for up to 105C before they start to throttle due to temps.

I have watercooling and with my chip at 4.7ghz (1.264v) my core temps are already hitting 65~75C during Prime95 (stress testing program) and around 45~55C for gaming.

With the stock cooler, I was able to get 4.2ghz with stock voltage and temps were around the 60~70C for regular usage. If anything you can just stick with the stock cooler and see how you like it, you won't really notice a big difference between 4ghz or 4.5ghz for gaming or casual usage.
Edited by Kokin - 11/8/12 at 7:17pm
post #30 of 64
would the Asrock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard be sufficient/good for OCing the 3570K to 4-4.5GHz?
Office Bender
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Galaxy GTX260 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64-bit LG 23" IPS234V Seasonic X-650W Gold Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
Office Bender
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Galaxy GTX260 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64-bit LG 23" IPS234V Seasonic X-650W Gold Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 3570 vs 3570K (more details inside)