Well, it's been a little bit since I updated this build, and a lot has happened. So here is a recap of it all.
1) Several of the parts I had on order with Dwood obviously are not showing up. It's sad, because for awhile, Dwood and I (and a lot of people) had a good working relationship, but alas, he vanished and I lost my money and one of the orange LCD displays.
2) I moved the 2 EVGA GTX 580 video cards over to my wife's computer (aka Switched Switch
) and gave her and upgrade. I sold off the 2 GTX 560Ti's and waterblocks to a fellow OCN'er. The wife is loving the upgrade.
3) I picked up a pair of EVGA GTX 780 Classified video cards. One brand new, and one from a fellow OCN'er who was upgrading to a GTX 780Ti. I was originally planning on running them with the wonderful ACX coolers, but more on that in a bit.
4) I sold the Monsta 360 radiator, the Dwood Pedestal, and the 6 Gentle Typhoon AP-14 fans to various OCN'ers. Boy did the case get small. It's still the orange and gunmetal Switch 810 case you've all come to love, just without the pedestal and with just the RX360 radiator painted orange to cool the 3770K CPU ... for now.
5) After playing around with overclocking those wonderful GTX 780 Classified, I changed my mind once again and I'm going to go back to water cooled video. So today I bought an XSPC RX240 radiator (that I will naturally paint orange) and 4 more Cougar CF-V12H fans (in orange, naturally).
6) Tomorrow I will order a pair of EK-FC780 GTX Classy waterblocks in Nickel (with the clear window so you can see the nice orange coolant flowing through them).
7) NZXT is having a "Black Friday" sale soon, so I might pick up another Switch 810 case in gunmetal. There are a couple of parts (plastic) that I have either broken or scratched on this case, so I'm basically going to use the $99 sale price to get this build perfect again.
8) I've contacted an Artisan named ColdZero who makes custom parts for the Switch 810 as well as custom video card back plates. Most likely I will order the parts that I was originally going to get from Dwood from ColdZero. He makes some incredible looking items. I can't wait.
So there you have it. Those are the highlights. This build is still on going, and will soon be updated with more photos once more parts come in.