Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Have you pre-ordered Black Ops 2?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Have you pre-ordered Black Ops 2? - Page 6

post #51 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davayy View Post

You evidently A) Have never played BC2 and BF3, B) Are trolling.
Same goes for CS 1.6 to CS:GO.

How am I trolling? I'm just asking you to count me a few updates from one game to the other. The only thing I can see is BF3 with Frost Bite 2 as a mayor update. Nothing else is revolutionary like you want with COD.

Seems all you care about is new graphics. Then go play Dear Esther or something its pretty but nothing more.
The Silent One
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB OC Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600Mhz 
CoolingPowerCase
Coolink Corator DS Thermaltake Smart M650W Cooler Master Silencio 550 
  hide details  
Reply
The Silent One
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB OC Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600Mhz 
CoolingPowerCase
Coolink Corator DS Thermaltake Smart M650W Cooler Master Silencio 550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 103
I lost interest in Call of Duty once Battlefield graced us with it's sexy ass presence.
post #53 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by anejchy View Post

How am I trolling? I'm just asking you to count me a few updates from one game to the other. The only thing I can see is BF3 with Frost Bite 2 as a mayor update. Nothing else is revolutionary like you want with COD.
The way the game plays is COMPLETELY different. In BC2, getting kills up close in CQB was a very small percentage of the game most of it was from a distance and pushing as a squad to get to the objetive. In BF3,the game is much faster paced, much more, "in your face" Relies less on squad mechanics. As you say, they changed their engine which made the game run cleaner and better. I would class these as 'revolutionary', even then, i didn't feel like BC2 needed to be revolutionised. Cod on the other hand, after 5 iterations of the same game, it needs to be revolutionised to bring back players who have left.
post #54 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davayy View Post

The way the game plays is COMPLETELY different. In BC2, getting kills up close in CQB was a very small percentage of the game most of it was from a distance and pushing as a squad to get to the objetive. In BF3,the game is much faster paced, much more, "in your face" Relies less on squad mechanics. As you say, they changed their engine which made the game run cleaner and better. I would class these as 'revolutionary', even then, i didn't feel like BC2 needed to be revolutionised. Cod on the other hand, after 5 iterations of the same game, it needs to be revolutionised to bring back players who have left.

I think the reason why any cod game hasn't been massively revolutionized is because people keep buying the same game every year, but different guns/maps and other things like with the spec ops mode and zombies. It's essentially like an expanstion pack every year.
post #55 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davayy View Post

The way the game plays is COMPLETELY different. In BC2, getting kills up close in CQB was a very small percentage of the game most of it was from a distance and pushing as a squad to get to the objetive. In BF3,the game is much faster paced, much more, "in your face" Relies less on squad mechanics. As you say, they changed their engine which made the game run cleaner and better. I would class these as 'revolutionary', even then, i didn't feel like BC2 needed to be revolutionised. Cod on the other hand, after 5 iterations of the same game, it needs to be revolutionised to bring back players who have left.

COD is COD. A fast pace shooter. You don't need super new mechanics because many of the people playing the game are afraid of a big change. I just hope BO2 will get into the competetive scene on PC like they want it to with all the streaming updates and free Elite for clans.
Btw the 10 points class system will probably spice up things a bit. And for singleplayer they also made quite big changes which will lead off the normal FPS singleplayer corridor gameplay (you must watch TotalBiscuits "Modern Military Shooters in a nutshell" video).

CS is almost the same all these years too. And they did the same thing. Same game with more features. They go with the safe choice.
The Silent One
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB OC Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600Mhz 
CoolingPowerCase
Coolink Corator DS Thermaltake Smart M650W Cooler Master Silencio 550 
  hide details  
Reply
The Silent One
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB OC Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600Mhz 
CoolingPowerCase
Coolink Corator DS Thermaltake Smart M650W Cooler Master Silencio 550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 103
Oh and also! Treyarch saw the huge interest in Zombies and developed it more. I wouldn't be suprised to see an all zombie game from them in a few years. I hope they will make it!
The Silent One
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB OC Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600Mhz 
CoolingPowerCase
Coolink Corator DS Thermaltake Smart M650W Cooler Master Silencio 550 
  hide details  
Reply
The Silent One
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB OC Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600Mhz 
CoolingPowerCase
Coolink Corator DS Thermaltake Smart M650W Cooler Master Silencio 550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by anejchy View Post

COD is COD. A fast pace shooter. You don't need super new mechanics because many of the people playing the game are afraid of a big change. I just hope BO2 will get into the competetive scene on PC like they want it to with all the streaming updates and free Elite for clans.
Btw the 10 points class system will probably spice up things a bit. And for singleplayer they also made quite big changes which will lead off the normal FPS singleplayer corridor gameplay (you must watch TotalBiscuits "Modern Military Shooters in a nutshell" video).
CS is almost the same all these years too. And they did the same thing. Same game with more features. They go with the safe choice.
Don't expect that. Especially on PC. If they wanted 'competitive support' they would've provided us with Dedicated servers, mod tools ( because there is no way the game will be run competitively on it's current state ).
post #58 of 103
Hell yeah I'm getting it! Yeah it may be more of the same but I've had so much fun with the same. If you all think about it, how often do we buy the same things over and over and why? because it works? because we enjoy whatever it is? Obviously, innovation is welcoming but I cant deny the fun and hours I've spent playing the series. So I can't complain about it.
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davayy View Post

Don't expect that. Especially on PC. If they wanted 'competitive support' they would've provided us with Dedicated servers, mod tools ( because there is no way the game will be run competitively on it's current state ).
There will be special servers for competetive play I think or so I've read. They just limit weapons and its good to go like in COD4.
The Silent One
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB OC Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600Mhz 
CoolingPowerCase
Coolink Corator DS Thermaltake Smart M650W Cooler Master Silencio 550 
  hide details  
Reply
The Silent One
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB OC Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600Mhz 
CoolingPowerCase
Coolink Corator DS Thermaltake Smart M650W Cooler Master Silencio 550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by anejchy View Post

There will be special servers for competetive play I think or so I've read. They just limit weapons and its good to go like in COD4.
Sigh. No.
Promod is not in Black ops2, if it is, i will eat my hat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Have you pre-ordered Black Ops 2?