sorry i almost forgot about you. i got myself an overlord SE. the same reason i bought it and took a leap of faith with them is just like you, i was very hesitant having to ship back to korea if ANYTHING absolutely happened. i wasn't made of money, so i'd rather have a good 1 year warranty. and from the get-go i was able to see just how good they held their end, and i was very happy with how they run their company. +100 to scrib.
here is that review of the overlord tempest for ya
okay let me do a mini review for you. i'm sorry if i am a monitor noob, but i will do my best to describe what i have and my experiences with it. this is my first monitor higher than 1280x1024 so bare with me as my thoughts are coming from a first timer. i never owned anything else and I have the overlord tempest x270SE version. I received mine with a stuck red pixel, and RMA was quick and painless. they paid for shipping to them and back. i got it back a week later all fixed and no problems. so just for customer service it gets a 5/5 as i am from los angeles and it was very convenient.
i'll just separate my thoughts with the monitor right here with pros and cons:
- RMA was good. although i'm sad i even had to do it. but at least it was painless and went very well. will buy from them again.
- very bright screen. glossy, and looks amazing. may be too bright for some, but i like it the way it is.
- very little blacklight bleed.. i can barely notice it but my eyes are probably not trained to see the difference. there IS some, but not much.
- no ghosting that i have noticed. (played bf3, borderlands 2, cs:go, gw2, sc2, d3, metro 2033, crysis 1 to test)
- no input lag that i have noticed. (played bf3, borderlands 2, cs:go, gw2, sc2, d3, metro 2033, crysis 1 to test)
- very solid structure. doesn't seem like it is made with cheap pieces.
- bezel isn't uniform (bottom part curves down). might be a con for people going portrait.
- factory setting has a blueish tint to white to it. may be a con for some, but i like how it looks. just need to callibrate it i guess (but i don't need to)
- wobbly stand. not bad if you don't shake your desk.
- plastic covering bezel is hard to take out, there's some plastic covering (tiny pieces) stuck within the seems. doesn't bother me though too much.
- placement for power cord is almost right behind the back mount. hard to get into especially if you plug it in the stand first like i did.
- buttons aren't labeled on what they do. i have the non OSD version, took awhile to figure what they do. some buttons are there and don't do anything.
- speakers suck, but that is obvious.
overall it is a pretty damn quality monitor. i would have to say i am very happy with my purchase. especially the fact that i had a problem with mine and it got resolved so easily. as you can tell the CONS aren't even really big problems with the monitor itself. its just me nit-picking at it.
here are some photos of it (i will upload more when i can):
all in all i am planning on buying 2 more whenever they become available again.Edited by frankietown - 11/14/12 at 8:37pm