Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › BORG COSMOS II - Reboot: Borg Cube Panel Part 01
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BORG COSMOS II - Reboot: Borg Cube Panel Part 01 - Page 21

post #201 of 260
Thread Starter 
Thanks man, your lcars work looks cool!
post #202 of 260
I feel bad for not following this closer.... astonishing work cheers.gif
 
Play Server
(10 items)
 
NAS
(14 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon L5640 Intel Xeon L5640 Dell R710 Mobo Hynix 144GB DDR3 ECC PC3L-10600R 
Hard DrivePowerCaseOther
Intel X25-M G2 80GB Redundant 840W PSU Dell 710 2.5" - Google Search Appliance Dell Perc H700 Raid Controller 
OtherOther
Dell iDRAC6 Enterprise Mellanox Connectx-2 10Gb SFP+ NIC 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 SuperMicro X9DRL-iF 64GB Kingston ECC (kvr16r11d4/16HA) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
12x 4TB HGST 5K4000 SanDisk SSD 960GB (cache) 6x 8TB WD Red Scythe AP-29 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Noctua U9DXi4 FreeNAS Corsair AX750 Norco RPC-4224 
OtherOther
3x LSI 9211-8i (HBA) Mellanox Connectx-2 10Gb NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Play Server
(10 items)
 
NAS
(14 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon L5640 Intel Xeon L5640 Dell R710 Mobo Hynix 144GB DDR3 ECC PC3L-10600R 
Hard DrivePowerCaseOther
Intel X25-M G2 80GB Redundant 840W PSU Dell 710 2.5" - Google Search Appliance Dell Perc H700 Raid Controller 
OtherOther
Dell iDRAC6 Enterprise Mellanox Connectx-2 10Gb SFP+ NIC 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 SuperMicro X9DRL-iF 64GB Kingston ECC (kvr16r11d4/16HA) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
12x 4TB HGST 5K4000 SanDisk SSD 960GB (cache) 6x 8TB WD Red Scythe AP-29 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Noctua U9DXi4 FreeNAS Corsair AX750 Norco RPC-4224 
OtherOther
3x LSI 9211-8i (HBA) Mellanox Connectx-2 10Gb NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #203 of 260
Asphiax,

If you want to integrate a BORG LCARS screen in your build, let me know. I can do some research to find some images. If you want accuracy, I need to know which Borg cube you are trying to portray: sphere (scout ship), assimilation cube (the giant cube the Enterprise confronts in TNG and seen on numerous episodes in Voyager), tactical cube (smaller cube with impressive armor and weapons - seen in one episode of Voyager), or the command diamond (Borg queen used this type of ship in two episodes of Voyager). Each ship has its own unique LCARS screens and I enjoy being *very* accurate. For example, in my build, all of the LCARS screens come from Voyager and not any other ST series or movies. Since I want your build to be nothing short of spectacular, I will make sure those LCARS screens are accurate.

The two reservoirs stacked on top of each other reminds me of a scene in a Voyager episode where Captain Janeway was transported to the heart of a Borg cube. You can see a similar structure nearby in the scene (very briefly). Those two stacked reservoirs look like a major power distribution node. Nice!


Vailen
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 590 x2 (Quad Sli) Corsair Dominator GT 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 256 GB x2 in RAID Velociraptor Sony 12x Blu-Ray Burner Voyager Warp Core Reservoir by FrozenQPCMods 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Coolermaster R4 Blue LED 120mm Radiator Fans (x18) Noctua NF-S12B FLX 120mm (x10) Noctua NF-R8-1800 80mm (x12) Warp Drive Reservoir by FrozenQPCMods 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Xtreme NOVA 1080 Radiator (x2) Windows 7 Professional 64-bit trying to decide... Custom-built Durandal Backlit Mechanical Keyboa... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 x2; Corsair AX750 x1 Custom-built by FrozenQPCMods Roccat Kone+ trying to decide.... 
OtherOther
Netgear Switch GS108T MIMO Touchscreen x4 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 590 x2 (Quad Sli) Corsair Dominator GT 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 256 GB x2 in RAID Velociraptor Sony 12x Blu-Ray Burner Voyager Warp Core Reservoir by FrozenQPCMods 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Coolermaster R4 Blue LED 120mm Radiator Fans (x18) Noctua NF-S12B FLX 120mm (x10) Noctua NF-R8-1800 80mm (x12) Warp Drive Reservoir by FrozenQPCMods 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Xtreme NOVA 1080 Radiator (x2) Windows 7 Professional 64-bit trying to decide... Custom-built Durandal Backlit Mechanical Keyboa... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 x2; Corsair AX750 x1 Custom-built by FrozenQPCMods Roccat Kone+ trying to decide.... 
OtherOther
Netgear Switch GS108T MIMO Touchscreen x4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #204 of 260
God I feel like I'm watching the Taj Mahal being built right in front of my own eyes.

This is seriously the coolest case mod I've ever seen.
post #205 of 260
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post

I feel bad for not following this closer.... astonishing work cheers.gif
Thanks man ! And I feel bad for the lack of progress lately. But there is an update just around the cornour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vailen View Post

Asphiax,

If you want to integrate a BORG LCARS screen in your build, let me know. I can do some research to find some images. If you want accuracy, I need to know which Borg cube you are trying to portray: sphere (scout ship), assimilation cube (the giant cube the Enterprise confronts in TNG and seen on numerous episodes in Voyager), tactical cube (smaller cube with impressive armor and weapons - seen in one episode of Voyager), or the command diamond (Borg queen used this type of ship in two episodes of Voyager). Each ship has its own unique LCARS screens and I enjoy being *very* accurate. For example, in my build, all of the LCARS screens come from Voyager and not any other ST series or movies. Since I want your build to be nothing short of spectacular, I will make sure those LCARS screens are accurate.

The two reservoirs stacked on top of each other reminds me of a scene in a Voyager episode where Captain Janeway was transported to the heart of a Borg cube. You can see a similar structure nearby in the scene (very briefly). Those two stacked reservoirs look like a major power distribution node. Nice!


Vailen
HAHAHA, you,ve noticed! You are the first! Its from endgame I believe! I love that last episode. I designed my USS EURISKO according to the Ablative armour voyager ship. I made my own LCARS touchscreen fancontroller for that build
*

I am going for the assimilation cube but I have to keep room for improv and working around issues. The original cube didnt have those large fangrill spaces, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampharos View Post

God I feel like I'm watching the Taj Mahal being built right in front of my own eyes.

This is seriously the coolest case mod I've ever seen.
Thanks man !
There is an update coming !
post #206 of 260
Thread Starter 
Ok, so here is another update! I finally found some time to work on her again!

One issue I had is that behind the ssd tray I calculated I needed 3 mm for the sata cables to route through.
What I didnt do is calculate the bend of the connector itself so fixing the ssd directly to the alu was not an option as their would not be enough room for the connector
dsc00612.jpg?w=306&h=547

Took me a couple of days to find a suitable solution.
dsc00614.jpg?w=306&h=547

dsc00616.jpg?w=306&h=547

Kinda looks ok, does change the whole ssd lightplan though.
dsc00618.jpg?w=306&h=547

Added the alu plate o cover up the mobo tray and the plexi rim to keep in line with the rest of the case
dsc00619.jpg?w=306&h=547

dsc00620.jpg?w=306&h=547

Getting to a point where I can see a first boot! The doors will come later, first get this baby running !
dsc00621.jpg?w=306&h=547

Hope to have more soon !
post #207 of 260
Keep it up! thumb.gif
Pure 1nhibition
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 3570K] [Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H] [eVGA 560 Ti] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[OCZ Vertex LE 50GB SSD | 1TB | 2TB] [A50] [Windows 10 Pro x64] [24" Samsung 2494HM] 
Power
[Corsair 750W] 
  hide details  
Reply
Pure 1nhibition
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 3570K] [Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H] [eVGA 560 Ti] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[OCZ Vertex LE 50GB SSD | 1TB | 2TB] [A50] [Windows 10 Pro x64] [24" Samsung 2494HM] 
Power
[Corsair 750W] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #208 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post

Getting to a point where I can see a first boot! The doors will come later, first get this baby running !
dsc00621.jpg?w=306&h=547

Hope to have more soon !

Not trying to nitpick here but those reservoirs don't seem to align properly. I doubt it's an effect from the lens. Sorry if I'm being "that" guy now biggrin.gif

Either way, looking good so far.

BTW, I think the SATA powercables look very good !
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #209 of 260
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloitz View Post

Not trying to nitpick here but those reservoirs don't seem to align properly. I doubt it's an effect from the lens. Sorry if I'm being "that" guy now biggrin.gif

Either way, looking good so far.

BTW, I think the SATA powercables look very good !

No worries mate, constructive critism ! and yòur right too!
The reservoirs are connecteed with bitspower fitting and they might have moved a little wehn installing into the case.
good eye for detail!
post #210 of 260
Stunning! Absolutelybloodygorgeous! thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mod Work Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › BORG COSMOS II - Reboot: Borg Cube Panel Part 01