Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Does Beats by Dr Dre still suck?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does Beats by Dr Dre still suck? - Page 3

post #21 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremish View Post

Another good headset is Bose QuietConfort3, they are rather good headphones. My brother owns a pair and they have rather good sound. hey are rather spendy 100+ but you get what you payed for. Even being deaf they are truly something I liked.
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort_3/index.jsp

Bose are as close as you get to Beats quality without the Beats name on it. I'd personally avoid them for anything other than nice designer lifestyle looking stuff. They're much like B&O now, it all looks nice and comptemporary, but that's about it. I'd stick to Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Grado, Denon and Shure for all portable audio needs.
Mendeleev
(16 items)
 
Bohr
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Asrock Z87 Extreme4M Asus Direct-CUII HD7970 Patriot Viper Black Mamba 16GB (4x4) 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F1 2TB Toshiba 7K3000.D 3TB The cheapest one 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro Dell U2312HM Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black Edition 750W Modular Corsair 350D Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4702MQ Nvidia GTX 760M 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 128GB Sandisk SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
750GB Samsung HDD Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit 14" 1600x900 panel Crap 
  hide details  
Reply
Mendeleev
(16 items)
 
Bohr
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Asrock Z87 Extreme4M Asus Direct-CUII HD7970 Patriot Viper Black Mamba 16GB (4x4) 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F1 2TB Toshiba 7K3000.D 3TB The cheapest one 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro Dell U2312HM Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black Edition 750W Modular Corsair 350D Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4702MQ Nvidia GTX 760M 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 128GB Sandisk SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
750GB Samsung HDD Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit 14" 1600x900 panel Crap 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by seepra View Post

Wow.
Not meant to offend you, but it will be difficult to take your recommendation of Bose seriously after that.

False statement, cheers. I have taken them apart though, I will find the photo and post it, they do have separate speaker sections, maybe they arnt individual speakers but they are sepereated it appears.
Edited by Fremish - 11/18/12 at 9:54am
post #23 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremish View Post

False statement, cheers. I have taken them apart though, I will find the photo and post it, they do have separate speaker sections.

They have one drive unit in each sides. You may have been seeing the plastic spider-shaped chassis.
Mendeleev
(16 items)
 
Bohr
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Asrock Z87 Extreme4M Asus Direct-CUII HD7970 Patriot Viper Black Mamba 16GB (4x4) 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F1 2TB Toshiba 7K3000.D 3TB The cheapest one 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro Dell U2312HM Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black Edition 750W Modular Corsair 350D Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4702MQ Nvidia GTX 760M 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 128GB Sandisk SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
750GB Samsung HDD Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit 14" 1600x900 panel Crap 
  hide details  
Reply
Mendeleev
(16 items)
 
Bohr
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Asrock Z87 Extreme4M Asus Direct-CUII HD7970 Patriot Viper Black Mamba 16GB (4x4) 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F1 2TB Toshiba 7K3000.D 3TB The cheapest one 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro Dell U2312HM Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black Edition 750W Modular Corsair 350D Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4702MQ Nvidia GTX 760M 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 128GB Sandisk SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
750GB Samsung HDD Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit 14" 1600x900 panel Crap 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrous View Post

Bose are as close as you get to Beats quality without the Beats name on it. I'd personally avoid them for anything other than nice designer lifestyle looking stuff. They're much like B&O now, it all looks nice and comptemporary, but that's about it. I'd stick to Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Grado, Denon and Shure for all portable audio needs.
Agreed. Once again I do not personally own them, I have had the enjoyment of listening to them though.
post #25 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrous View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremish View Post

Another good headset is Bose QuietConfort3, they are rather good headphones. My brother owns a pair and they have rather good sound. hey are rather spendy 100+ but you get what you payed for. Even being deaf they are truly something I liked.
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort_3/index.jsp

Bose are as close as you get to Beats quality without the Beats name on it. I'd personally avoid them for anything other than nice designer lifestyle looking stuff. They're much like B&O now, it all looks nice and comptemporary, but that's about it. I'd stick to Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Grado, Denon and Shure for all portable audio needs.

Don't do that. Don't strike headphones out of the books on a brand basis. Bose does produce good headphones for noise cancelling.
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Don't do that. Don't strike headphones out of the books on a brand basis. Bose does produce good headphones for noise cancelling.

They're good at noise cancelling, not sounding good. I've heard almost every model of Bose headphone in the last three years and I've found better sound elsewhere at every price level.

FWIW - I run a hi-fi store. This is pretty much my area...
Mendeleev
(16 items)
 
Bohr
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Asrock Z87 Extreme4M Asus Direct-CUII HD7970 Patriot Viper Black Mamba 16GB (4x4) 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F1 2TB Toshiba 7K3000.D 3TB The cheapest one 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro Dell U2312HM Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black Edition 750W Modular Corsair 350D Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4702MQ Nvidia GTX 760M 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 128GB Sandisk SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
750GB Samsung HDD Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit 14" 1600x900 panel Crap 
  hide details  
Reply
Mendeleev
(16 items)
 
Bohr
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Asrock Z87 Extreme4M Asus Direct-CUII HD7970 Patriot Viper Black Mamba 16GB (4x4) 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F1 2TB Toshiba 7K3000.D 3TB The cheapest one 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro Dell U2312HM Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black Edition 750W Modular Corsair 350D Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4702MQ Nvidia GTX 760M 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 128GB Sandisk SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
750GB Samsung HDD Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit 14" 1600x900 panel Crap 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrous View Post

They have one drive unit in each sides. You may have been seeing the plastic spider-shaped chassis.

This could be the case. I didn't mean to appear to lie. I apologize. To whom this may have offended.
post #28 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrous View Post

They're good at noise cancelling, not sounding good. I've heard almost every model of Bose headphone in the last three years and I've found better sound elsewhere at every price level.
FWIW - I run a hi-fi store. This is pretty much my area...
It's lovely to have a knowledgeable person around with certain merit that makes their statements seem more credible, especially so when I very much agree with them, haha. +REP for your contributions
Lenovo Y500
(5 items)
 
Byte
(13 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Intel i7 3630QM NVIDIA Geforce GT 650M SLI 16GB SO-DIMM DDR3 Windows 8 
Audio
AKG K 272 HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asus P8H77-I GTX 580 Phantom Kingston HyperX blu 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 840 120GB Thermalright HR-02 Macho Linux Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Super Flower 550W Golden King 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
Bitfenix Prodigy (white) M-Audio Fast Track Pro M-Audio BX5a D2 AKG K 272 HD 
Audio
Behringer B3031A 
  hide details  
Reply
Lenovo Y500
(5 items)
 
Byte
(13 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Intel i7 3630QM NVIDIA Geforce GT 650M SLI 16GB SO-DIMM DDR3 Windows 8 
Audio
AKG K 272 HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Asus P8H77-I GTX 580 Phantom Kingston HyperX blu 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 840 120GB Thermalright HR-02 Macho Linux Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Super Flower 550W Golden King 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
Bitfenix Prodigy (white) M-Audio Fast Track Pro M-Audio BX5a D2 AKG K 272 HD 
Audio
Behringer B3031A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrous View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Don't do that. Don't strike headphones out of the books on a brand basis. Bose does produce good headphones for noise cancelling.

They're good at noise cancelling, not sounding good. I've heard almost every model of Bose headphone in the last three years and I've found better sound elsewhere at every price level.

FWIW - I run a hi-fi store. This is pretty much my area...

SQ on the QC15s aren't bad though so IDK why you're trying to place them on the same pedestal as Beats.

Sure, they don't stand up to the quality others provide at the 300 dollar mark, but for what you may need it for..it's one of the leaders in it's area for the price.

As a HIFI store owner, you should know that and you shouldn't throw blanket statements like that out. You should really be more open minded about things like that and not fall into the blast and smash routines that so often pop up when these brands come to thought.
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

SQ on the QC15s aren't bad though so IDK why you're trying to place them on the same pedestal as Beats.
Sure, they don't stand up to the quality others provide at the 300 dollar mark, but for what you may need it for..it's one of the leaders in it's area for the price.
As a HIFI store owner, you should know that and you shouldn't throw blanket statements like that out. You should really be more open minded about things like that and not fall into the blast and smash routines that so often pop up when these brands come to thought.

Personally I'd like to know the name of the store he runs tongue.gif Look a the reviews under Customer Service :3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Does Beats by Dr Dre still suck?