Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PC Gamer] GTA 5: PC version merely “up for consideration” says Rockstar’s Dan Houser
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PC Gamer] GTA 5: PC version merely “up for consideration” says Rockstar’s Dan Houser - Page 10  

post #91 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juganot View Post

I honestly can't play GTA on my xbox, it's just so laggy and unresponsive it drives me absolutely crazy. I imagine I will just have to wait for a release to pc then.

Well, sounds like your problem. Cause it's always been more than playable when I have played it on the 360.
post #92 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodbath View Post

I don't get why they wouldn't release it, I mean yeah sure its going to pirated to hell but there will still be a significant number of legitimate digital sales. Its all money, why would you limit your distribution to only two thirds of the market? I can see why they would do this for something like the wii for example because the hardware is inferior, but the PC seriously! It just doesn't make business sense to me.

Yeah man I mean even if the console market is bigger who would honestly say that it wouldn't turn a profit? Good games sell pretty damn well on PC and it's one of the biggest series ever. Have a little respect for your fans at least.
Big Mickey
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 @1300 8gb Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256gb Crucial M4 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold Tenkeyless Mx Brown Corsair AX650 Switch 810 Gunmetal Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Scarab Audioengine A2's Audioengine D1 
  hide details  
Big Mickey
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 @1300 8gb Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256gb Crucial M4 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold Tenkeyless Mx Brown Corsair AX650 Switch 810 Gunmetal Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Scarab Audioengine A2's Audioengine D1 
  hide details  
post #93 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

Over 700,000,000 people owning a PC is a duh. It's well known. (Thank you news)
There being at least 100,000,000 people that own current gen consoles is also a duh. Well known. (Thank you news)
The article is long gone. There being at least 5,000,000 core PC gamers is a duh though. (Thank you steam)
As I have learned in English, well known things do not need sources..

The sky is blue, grass is green, the world is round. You however, are pulling numbers out of thin air.

Until you post factual sources, your arguments aren't credible.
MOAR COARS
(14 items)
 
Red Dragon
(9 items)
 
Old Green
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 AsRock Taichi X370 EVGA 1080Ti FE 16GB Trident Z 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB SK Hynix 500GB SSD EK Supremacy Evo EK XTX 65mm Rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10  BenQ XL2420T 120hz Tomoko Blue 84-key EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w 
CaseMouse
Fractal Define S Logitech G300S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 2x Palit GTX460 1GB 8GB 1333 G.Skill F3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x 500gb 1x 320gb Windows 7 Ultimate 22" Samsung 1080p Corsair 750w 
Case
CoolerMaster 690 
  hide details  
MOAR COARS
(14 items)
 
Red Dragon
(9 items)
 
Old Green
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 AsRock Taichi X370 EVGA 1080Ti FE 16GB Trident Z 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB SK Hynix 500GB SSD EK Supremacy Evo EK XTX 65mm Rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10  BenQ XL2420T 120hz Tomoko Blue 84-key EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w 
CaseMouse
Fractal Define S Logitech G300S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 2x Palit GTX460 1GB 8GB 1333 G.Skill F3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x 500gb 1x 320gb Windows 7 Ultimate 22" Samsung 1080p Corsair 750w 
Case
CoolerMaster 690 
  hide details  
post #94 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code-Red View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

Over 700,000,000 people owning a PC is a duh. It's well known. (Thank you news)
There being at least 100,000,000 people that own current gen consoles is also a duh. Well known. (Thank you news)
The article is long gone. There being at least 5,000,000 core PC gamers is a duh though. (Thank you steam)
As I have learned in English, well known things do not need sources..

The sky is blue, grass is green, the world is round. You however, are pulling numbers out of thin air.

Until you post factual sources, your arguments aren't credible.

VGChartz is thin air? Steam is thin air? BBC and CNN is thin air? The sight that said we have 7billion people on the planet is thin air? Okay. Whatever you say. Not everyone keeps up with the times.
post #95 of 254
Well if they are gonna delay it then i am fine but if they give us the finger and go for consoles then screw them in every way.

i am looking forward to this http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/


PC FTW PURE PC NOW BITE ME EA!
post #96 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

VGChartz is thin air? Steam is thin air? BBC and CNN is thin air? The sight that said we have 7billion people on the planet is thin air? Okay. Whatever you say. Not everyone keeps up with the times.

You have lots to learn, yes BBC and CNN is thin air, whatever you mean by that. You can't just go with what people say, or follow the news blind. The word sight, should be replaced with website. You can't just say something, and expect people to believe you.

Back it up with facts. If you say there are 80 millions flying cows, don't just tell me you saw it on CNN...show me the link where you read this information...and it better be from a credible source and not just some blog or editorial piece or worst of all wikipedia.


Core pc gamers? what....? So everyone who has a computer is a gamer? Every single person who has a steam account is a gamer? How do you....what....just no.


Well known things do not need sources in English, you are absolutely correct. However what you said is not 'common knowledge'. Stuff like the earth is round, the moon orbits earth. The sun is bright. Drinking water makes you less thirsty. That kind of stuff, does not need a source because....well we hope for your sake that you know these things by heart. Only general knowledge that society expects you to have in order to function is considered to be in that 'well known' category.


Most of these people probably have not graduated highschool yet....and if you did. Yikes and good luck in life.
Something
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 w/ 1.4v Gigabyte EP35 DS3R Asus DirectCU II GTX 580 Patriot Extreme Performance 2x1gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Black 2 TB Windows 7 64bit Samsung Syncmaster BX2350 + 42' LG LCD Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX650 V2 HAF 932 Death Adder 3.5g, G9x, Naga 2012 
  hide details  
Something
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 w/ 1.4v Gigabyte EP35 DS3R Asus DirectCU II GTX 580 Patriot Extreme Performance 2x1gb 800mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Black 2 TB Windows 7 64bit Samsung Syncmaster BX2350 + 42' LG LCD Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX650 V2 HAF 932 Death Adder 3.5g, G9x, Naga 2012 
  hide details  
post #97 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78@pwnt4lif3 View Post

Well if they are gonna delay it then i am fine but if they give us the finger and go for consoles then screw them in every way.

i am looking forward to this http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/


PC FTW PURE PC NOW BITE ME EA!

Those who limit themselves will never be as good as those who game for the games.

By the way, Star citizen is looking good.
post #98 of 254
gta4 on 360 ran at such a low res it was abysmal
Yeyo
(16 items)
 
Scarface PC pics
(47 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 EVGA 670FTW Gskill Sniper Low Voltage Series 1.25v 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 80GB G2- OCZ 60GB- 1TB Asus BD combo Megashadow Deluxe Edition  Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" Insignia  Seasonic X750w Sleeved red Corsair 500r White Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Yeyo
(16 items)
 
Scarface PC pics
(47 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 EVGA 670FTW Gskill Sniper Low Voltage Series 1.25v 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 80GB G2- OCZ 60GB- 1TB Asus BD combo Megashadow Deluxe Edition  Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" Insignia  Seasonic X750w Sleeved red Corsair 500r White Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
post #99 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

Why?

Valve's sales numbers don't necessarily reflect PC sales overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

Your the one who claimed PC devs are claiming record sales? May I know which devs you are talking about I cannot think of one except blizzard which is clearly an anomaly in the PC market.

Check out Gabe/Valve's statements about winter and summer sales.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/11/npd-hardware-sales-up-borderlands-2-beats-1s-sales-by-234/
Quote:
PC sales are up 12 percent year-on-year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/06/report-record-pc-games-sales-in-2011

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-08-portal-2-sales-top-four-million

http://www.technobuffalo.com/gaming/platform-gaming/portal-2-sales-strongest-on-pc-platform/
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
post #100 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

VGChartz is thin air? Steam is thin air? BBC and CNN is thin air? The sight that said we have 7billion people on the planet is thin air? Okay. Whatever you say. Not everyone keeps up with the times.

You have lots to learn, yes BBC and CNN is thin air, whatever you mean by that. You can't just go with what people say, or follow the news blind. The word sight, should be replaced with website. You can't just say something, and expect people to believe you.

Back it up with facts. If you say there are 80 millions flying cows, don't just tell me I saw it on CNN...show me the link where you read this information...and it better be from a credible source and not just some blog or editorial piece.


Core pc gamers? what....? So everyone who has a computer is a gamer? Every single person who has a steam account is a gamer? How do you....what....just no.


Well known things do not need sources in English, you are absolutely correct. However what you said is not 'common knowledge'. Stuff like the earth is round, the moon orbits earth. The sun is bright. Drinking water makes you less thirsty. That kind of stuff, does not need a source because....well we hope for your sake that you know these things by heart.


Most of these people probably have not graduated highschool yet....and if you did. Yikes and good luck in life.

Wow. Just like you said " You can't just go with what people say, or follow the news blind." You misread everything and are denying the obvious.
For some reason a good chunk of people cannot believe the most obvious statistics. "100,000,000 people own current gen consoles." DUH! That's an obvious statement for this forum. A forum that houses tech savvy people.
Nearly everyone that has been on a computer played at least one game, which makes them a (casual) gamer. That is a duh. Most computers come with a game of some kind (Common knowledge).
And the source for my estimate of 700mil is my own estimate based on how many people are in the world and how many countries are developed into the computer realm. Japan, U.S., China, France, Germany, England, Canada are countries that I know are well developed. Those alone hold well over 2 billion people. Most (not all) people in America have used a computer. That's over 160 mil there. A good chunk of Chinese and Japanese have used a computer. Over 300 mil there. Europe in general (at least 150 million). And Canada, which I would assume at least 50 million people use computers. Even though I am not as knowledgeable of the populations, I can safely assume that 650,000,000 people use or have used a computer just based on the population and how developed it is.
Please, next time you comment, try not to insult me. I tried to avoid it in this comment and I hope I succeeded in not accidentally insulting you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PC Gamer] GTA 5: PC version merely “up for consideration” says Rockstar’s Dan Houser