Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] Corsair H80i and H100i Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] Corsair H80i and H100i Reviews

post #1 of 54
Thread Starter 
H100i Site, H80i Site

h100i-h80i-inline6es2f.jpg

H80i REVIEWS (Click to show)
KitGuru - Corsair H80i Liquid CPU Cooler Review (Firmware V1.0.4) H80i vs H80 (Click to show)
Quote:
Test System
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX
Memory: 8 GB Mushkin Blackline 1333 MHz
Thermal Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-2
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950
Graphics Card (noise tests): HIS Radeon HD 5550 Silence

Software
Prime 95 (64-bit)
CPUID Hardware Monitor
Corsair Link V2.2.0

stockgraphglstu.png

ocgraphs7sbc.png

noise2basvf.png

H100i REVIEWS (Click to show)
Guru3D - Corsair H100i review H100i Review (Click to show)
Quote:
Core i7 3770K
Prime95

indexcesrv.png
indexz9s63.png

TYPICAL SOUND LEVELS
Jet takeoff (200 feet) 120 dBA
Construction Site 110 dBA Intolerable
Shout (5 feet) 100 dBA
Heavy truck (50 feet) 90 dBA Very noisy
Urban street 80 dBA
Automobile interior 70 dBA Noisy
Normal conversation (3 feet) 60 dBA
Office, classroom 50 dBA Moderate
Living room 40 dBA
Bedroom at night 30 dBA Quiet
Broadcast studio 20 dBA
Rustling leaves 10 dBA Barely audible

indexogs9f.png
indexhfsfn.png

index5rssz.png
index1vsy4.png
indexzgs8d.png

index89sxp.jpg
index86saq.jpg


HwMania - [Preview] Corsair Hydro Series H100i Preview Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Click to show)
Quote:
The test configuration used is as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
Dissipatore: Corsair Hydro Series H100i
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Formula
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133MHz
VGA: POV/TGT Tuning GTX680 2GB Beast
SSD: Corsair Performance Pro 256GB
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM SATA II
PSU: Seasonic SS-1000XP / 1000W
Case: Corsair Graphite 600T


The tests were carried out by Prime95 for 15 minutes on Large FFT (for maximum power and maximum amount of heat released) to the Load, and leaving the COMPUTER idle for about 15 minutes for temperatures in Idle.

3.5GHz @ 1.15v
Idle - Corsair H100 26 / Corsair H100i 25

Load - Corsair H100 54 / Corsair H100i 48
corsair-h100i-1k4swe.png


4.0GHz @ 1.23v
Idle - Corsair H100 26 / Corsair H100i 25

Load - Corsair H100 61 / Corsair H100i 56
corsair-h100i-2hvsq3.png


4.5GHz @ 1.30v
Idle - Corsair H100 27 / Corsair H100i 25

Load - Corsair H100 70 / Corsair H100i 64
corsair-h100i-3mjsoo.png


KitGuru - Corsair H100i Liquid CPU Cooler Review (Firmware V1.0.4) H100i vs H100 (Click to show)
Quote:
Test System
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX
Memory: 8 GB Mushkin Blackline 1333 MHz
Thermal Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-2
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950
Graphics Card (noise tests): HIS Radeon HD 5550 Silence

Software
Prime 95 (64-bit)
CPUID Hardware Monitor
Corsair Link V2.2.0

stockgraphglstu.png

ocgraphs7sbc.png

noise2basvf.png


Overclock3D - Corsair H100i Full Review & Testing YouTube Video (Click to show)


h100i-review-oc3d-135sa0.png

h100i-review-oc3d-2e5s57.png


TastyPCTV - Corsair H100i Review and H100 Comparison YouTube Video (Click to show)


h100i-vs-h100-review1qse4.png


Vortez - Corsair Hydro Series H100i Review Corsair Hydro Series H100i Review (Click to show)
Quote:
Test System
CPU - Intel Core i7-3930K (3.6GHz)
Motherboard - GIGABYTE X79-UP4
Memory - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz CL9
Graphics – Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB
PSU - NZXT Hale90 650W
Hard Drive - Kingston HyperX 240GB SATA III SSD
Case - Corsair Carbide 500R White

Program Suite
Real Temp – Maximum temperature analysis
LinX 0.6.4 – Applies thorough stress test to CPU
CPU-Z – Confirmation of CPU frequency/voltage
AIDA64 Extreme Edition – Confirmation of temperatures/fan speeds

Testing methodology

Testing will be based on temperatures recorded by Real Temp after 20 passes of LinX stress test. The maximum absolute temperatures will be recorded after the test and averaged over the 6 cores. The delta is then calculated by subtracting the ambient temperature recorded near the intake fans from the average temperature calculated. Tests are conducted with the Intel i7 3930K at its default 3.6GHz stock speed and overclocked to 4.6GHz @ 1.42V. The tests are done inside the Corsair Carbide 500R chassis to simulate real world conditions. To keep the tests standardised we are using Noctua's NT-H1 thermal paste on all coolers.
Quote:
It's important to note that the H100 has the following fan speed settings as previously tested: 1300 RPM (Low)2000RPM (Mid) 2500RPM (High) - by knowing these values we can see H100's fans are operating at the same speeds as H100i and results are comparable.

Quiet Mode: 1100RPM – Low noise and relatively unnoticeable.
Maximum Mode: 2500RPM – Much more noticeable compared to quiet mode but not as disruptive as other 2500RPM fans.


indexu8smo.jpg

indexmis9h.jpg

indexmxszy.jpg

indexc9sb3.jpg

User Reviews and Experiences (Click to show)
** NEW CORSAIR LCS OFFERINGS AT OCUK **

Corsair H100i mini review

My H100i generates grinding/rattling noises, help please.

H100i Pump Noise

Please read if your H100i emits a "buzzing" or "grinding" or "rattling" sound

H100i Not reporting in Link

H100i

First Build Ever

H100i ratteling noise

h100i is a disaster..sad and disappointing..

H100 vs H100i

Corsair H100i (Amateur test) H100i Review Benchmarks (Click to show)
Quote:
System info:
Styresystem: Windows 7 64bit
Bundkort: Asus Maximus V gene
Z77 Chipset
CPU: Intel i7 3770K
GFX: Nvidia GTX 670 SC 4GB
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB 1866MHz CL9
Psu: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W
CPU Koling: Andet, Corsair h100i
Hard Drive: 2 x Intel 520 - 240GB Raid 0



Benchmark:
3770K i7, Core Voltage 1.16 v 4 GHz

Room temperature: 23.9

1 hour of Prime95 blend test

Corsair H80 with all fan on max
Core # 0 Idle. 31 c. Load. 64c
Core # 1 Idle. 34 c Load. 69c
Core # 2 Idle. 20 c Load. 71 c
Core # 3 Idle. 29 c Load. 65c
Package Idle. 31 c. Load. 73 c
Average load temp 68, 4 c

Corsair H100i with all the fan on max.
Core # 0 Idle. 30 c Load. 57 c
Core # 1 Idle. 34 c Load. 60c
Core # 2 Idle. 20 c Load. 65c
Core # 3 Idle. 29 c Load. 61c
Package Idle. 30 c Load. 68
Average load temp 62, 2 c

Corsair H100i with all the fan on low.
Core # 0 Idle. 30 c Load. 60c
Core # 1 Idle. 34 c Load. 66 c
Core # 2 Idle. 20 c Load. 69c
Core # 3 Idle. 29 c Load. 62c
Package Idle. 30 c Load. 69c
Average load temp 65, 2 c



In the load average, I have gained 6 c to upgrade to H100i, so I am well satisfied smile

I would just like to make people aware that at low wind speeds, I experience some noise, it is like a hard disk that is working hard to move any data. It disappears if it screws up the speed of the fans, I have considered to upgrade the fans to some of which I have also mounted in noiseblocker front and behind in the Cabinet ...

Videos (Click to show)
Gallery (Click to show)


Forum user videos, reviews and experiences included due to the ongoing lack of professional reviews.

Still waiting for comparisons against
- Cooler Master Eisberg 240
- Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme
- NZXT Kraken X60
- Pricier XSPC and Swiftech dual radiator kits

And H80i vs Kraken X40, Eisberg 120, Water 2.0 Pro, Antec 920, Enermax ELC120 and the rest.


indexfjsig.jpg

indexd2s2b.jpg

indext3sbk.jpg
Edited by Metric - 11/23/12 at 5:07pm
post #2 of 54
I actually just finished up my review of the H80i in the Corsair Hydro Series Owners' club! H80i review (Click to show)
hey guys. Time for that promised H80i review and group of pictures.
Boy, its been an hour maybe installing all this only because of my youthful mistakes and double checking. The actual installation is rather easy, its just my case is crowded and my hands are large. Fun stuff.

First impressions: Very nice Newegg packaging. Very nice Corsair packaging (Quite well designed, nothing will be broken inside this likely). I was surprised by how light this baby was. Very good quality on the fans and connection.

Instructions: I didnt look at them too much, thus some of my errors. The pictures were rather easy to follow and pretty much the only thing I looked at for confirmation.

Mounting brackets: Now here's possibly the only thing I don't like. The back-plate is cheaply made and rather annoying. I think it might've been made of plastic. Either way, it gave me the most issues of all. the Intel 1155 bracket was not that bad (Bracket sitting on top to fasten the cooler down to the CPU). Also, you could not easily tell how well seated you were, as you cant see how the cooler is contacting the CPU. All in all, it seemed like something Corsair should definitely improve upon. A system much like the Hyper 212+ mounting system would be loads better.

Fans: Good fans, awesome that it comes with two. Not too noisy. One thing that frustrated me is the manual said they had arrows inside to show direction of airflow. For the life of me I could not find those arrows. Ended up comparing the fan to how I had my Antec fan in and I got it in right. P.S. These things push massive air even on a low-med RPM!

The tubing was very nice and quite flexible, as I had to twist them quite a bit for my case..I did not seat the pump/res? as well as I could have, and it did not take a liking to my case..A bit of a tight fit.

Startup: Oddly, upon the first startup, the fans started at 100% speed (very loud!) and I dont know why. A second later, the Corsair LED turned on. Then the fans slowed. I guess the fans were told to run at 100%, then the Corsair Link kicked in and told em to slow down.

Performance at stock i5 2500K (3.3-3.6GHz as per boost, whatever it would boost to):
Hyper 212+ Corsair H80i
Idle: ~35C ~29C
Load with F@H: ~55C 41C MAX after 30+min of Folding.
I was suprised by the idle temps. Granted, as I said earlier, I was hardly able to properly seat the H80i since it was a tight fit and the twisted tubing made it want to turn and turn and turn the wrong way.

Placeholder for 4.7GHz temps

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. Corsair would =/= quality but some minor adjustments are needed with the backplate/mounting bracket design and materials aswell as the location of the supposed fan indicating air flow direction.
Picture time! Many apologies for the low quality smartphone pictures.

My trusty assistant named Whiskers. Shes got whiskers almost bigger than my 9yr old dog and she has a tail almost the length of her main body. Shes under 1 year old.







Thats it! Theres my review.
Wrecking Ball.
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus p8z68-v/gen 3 Asus 670 top 16 GB (total) G.skill ripjaws 1333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD Crucial M4 256GB ASUS 24x CD/DVD drive Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home viewsonic 27 inch 1ms response Corsair AX750 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudio
razer deathadder turtle beach x12 Sennheiser HD280 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Wrecking Ball.
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus p8z68-v/gen 3 Asus 670 top 16 GB (total) G.skill ripjaws 1333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD Crucial M4 256GB ASUS 24x CD/DVD drive Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home viewsonic 27 inch 1ms response Corsair AX750 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudio
razer deathadder turtle beach x12 Sennheiser HD280 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 54
Looks like a solid improvement over the H100 thumb.gif
post #4 of 54
Thread Starter 
Read the Corsair rep's instructions and thread replies before installing.


H100i and H80i - Firmware Update 1.0.4 (11/21/12) Install Directions and User Experiences (Click to show)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=614803

Quote:
Corsair Link Dashboard software version 2.2.0 can be downloaded here.

H100i firmware version 1.0.4 can be downloaded here. Unzip before flashing.

H80i firmware version 1.0.4 can be downloaded here. Unzip before flashing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by General121 View Post

I actually just finished up my review of the H80i in the Corsair Hydro Series Owners' club! H80i review (Click to show)
hey guys. Time for that promised H80i review and group of pictures.
Boy, its been an hour maybe installing all this only because of my youthful mistakes and double checking. The actual installation is rather easy, its just my case is crowded and my hands are large. Fun stuff.
First impressions: Very nice Newegg packaging. Very nice Corsair packaging (Quite well designed, nothing will be broken inside this likely). I was surprised by how light this baby was. Very good quality on the fans and connection.
Instructions: I didnt look at them too much, thus some of my errors. The pictures were rather easy to follow and pretty much the only thing I looked at for confirmation.
Mounting brackets: Now here's possibly the only thing I don't like. The back-plate is cheaply made and rather annoying. I think it might've been made of plastic. Either way, it gave me the most issues of all. the Intel 1155 bracket was not that bad (Bracket sitting on top to fasten the cooler down to the CPU). Also, you could not easily tell how well seated you were, as you cant see how the cooler is contacting the CPU. All in all, it seemed like something Corsair should definitely improve upon. A system much like the Hyper 212+ mounting system would be loads better.
Fans: Good fans, awesome that it comes with two. Not too noisy. One thing that frustrated me is the manual said they had arrows inside to show direction of airflow. For the life of me I could not find those arrows. Ended up comparing the fan to how I had my Antec fan in and I got it in right. P.S. These things push massive air even on a low-med RPM!
The tubing was very nice and quite flexible, as I had to twist them quite a bit for my case..I did not seat the pump/res? as well as I could have, and it did not take a liking to my case..A bit of a tight fit.
Startup: Oddly, upon the first startup, the fans started at 100% speed (very loud!) and I dont know why. A second later, the Corsair LED turned on. Then the fans slowed. I guess the fans were told to run at 100%, then the Corsair Link kicked in and told em to slow down.
Performance at stock i5 2500K (3.3-3.6GHz as per boost, whatever it would boost to):
Hyper 212+ Corsair H80i
Idle: ~35C ~29C
Load with F@H: ~55C 41C MAX after 30+min of Folding.
I was suprised by the idle temps. Granted, as I said earlier, I was hardly able to properly seat the H80i since it was a tight fit and the twisted tubing made it want to turn and turn and turn the wrong way.
Placeholder for 4.7GHz temps
Overall, I am very pleased with this product. Corsair would =/= quality but some minor adjustments are needed with the backplate/mounting bracket design and materials aswell as the location of the supposed fan indicating air flow direction.
Picture time! Many apologies for the low quality smartphone pictures.

My trusty assistant named Whiskers. Shes got whiskers almost bigger than my 9yr old dog and she has a tail almost the length of her main body. Shes under 1 year old.






Thats it! Theres my review.

Don't forget to share your overclocked results whenever you're ready.
post #5 of 54

Thanks...  have a H80 stuffed into my TJ08-e (w Sniper M3), & getting a H100i for my HAF XB build...

 

 

Going for optimal efficiency & noise.

post #6 of 54
looking forward to seeing some good reviews of the h80i
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 54
I'm just glad you can buy these without worrying about the pump noise now. The new block/pump housing looks really nice too.

One thing I'm wondering is, with the H80, when you turned the computer on it'd spin the fans to 100% for the first 5-10 seconds making a ridiculous amount of noise especially with stock fans. Have they changed this behavior?
the bestest
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z MSI 6990 GSkill 8GB 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
Samsung 830 128gb WD Black 1TB AMD liquid cooler Corsair AX850 
Case
Fractal R4 
  hide details  
Reply
the bestest
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z MSI 6990 GSkill 8GB 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
Samsung 830 128gb WD Black 1TB AMD liquid cooler Corsair AX850 
Case
Fractal R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 54
Subbed! Glad someone posted links to software and firmware!!

Now i can be ready to be prepared for my new build next month! I kinda wished now but i don't have time to get anything from Black Friday due to paying repairs for my stupid bike. What a waste of money!
post #9 of 54
I wonder why there are so few reviews for the H100i, since it's already making into the hands of consumers.
Charlie
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k ASUS P8Z77 WS Intel HD4000 Patriot Extreme Intel Masters 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 128GB ASUS DVD Writer Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell u2410 IBM AT Model F Corsair AX1200 A+ Black Pearl 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9x Icemat 2nd Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Charlie
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k ASUS P8Z77 WS Intel HD4000 Patriot Extreme Intel Masters 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 128GB ASUS DVD Writer Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell u2410 IBM AT Model F Corsair AX1200 A+ Black Pearl 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9x Icemat 2nd Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy916 View Post

I wonder why there are so few reviews for the H100i, since it's already making into the hands of consumers.

+1 to that. thanks for this ! really helpful need ideas for significant others rig !
Ice/\/ine
(14 items)
 
Cummins™
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 980x 4.8Ghz Evga X58 EVGA GTX 580 3GB SLI Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 Asus DVD Burner H20 Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" LED 240hz 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Corsair HX1000 Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780 w/ ACX G Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 1TB Seagate Barracuda  Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" LED 240hz Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013 Seasonic 750w fully modular gold NZXT Phantom 630 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries GW2 edition Asus DG Sound Card 
  hide details  
Reply
Ice/\/ine
(14 items)
 
Cummins™
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 980x 4.8Ghz Evga X58 EVGA GTX 580 3GB SLI Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 Asus DVD Burner H20 Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" LED 240hz 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Corsair HX1000 Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780 w/ ACX G Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 1TB Seagate Barracuda  Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" LED 240hz Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013 Seasonic 750w fully modular gold NZXT Phantom 630 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries GW2 edition Asus DG Sound Card 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] Corsair H80i and H100i Reviews