Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club! - Page 276

post #2751 of 10491
Its mounted on the rails that the panels latch onto if that makes sense, i thought that would be better than me making my own and having the job of fixing them onto the panels which i didnt want tongue.gif I went for one metre and it does the back, right and front. Two metres would be nice but its bright enough without being too obvious and i'd have had more than i'd know what to do with. Pics below, i layed the windowed one on the mesh one and its exactly the same dimensions in everyway thumb.gif
Geoff
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
Arc
(18 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790 MSI Z87I AC mITX Motherboard Zotac GeForce GTX970 2GB TITAN Cooler Kingston Fury 8GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Arc 100 240GB Kingston V200 128GB Western Digital Green 2TB Raijintek Aidos 92mm Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 23EA63 CM Storm Quickfire TK EVGA SuperNOVA GS550 Fully Modular 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D CM Storm Xornet Bose Companion 3 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-4278U Intel Iris Graphics 5100 Apple 8GB Memory Apple 128GB Flash Storage 
OSMonitor
Apple OS X 10.10.3 Apple Retina Display 2560x1600 
  hide details  
Reply
Geoff
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
Arc
(18 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790 MSI Z87I AC mITX Motherboard Zotac GeForce GTX970 2GB TITAN Cooler Kingston Fury 8GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Arc 100 240GB Kingston V200 128GB Western Digital Green 2TB Raijintek Aidos 92mm Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 23EA63 CM Storm Quickfire TK EVGA SuperNOVA GS550 Fully Modular 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D CM Storm Xornet Bose Companion 3 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-4278U Intel Iris Graphics 5100 Apple 8GB Memory Apple 128GB Flash Storage 
OSMonitor
Apple OS X 10.10.3 Apple Retina Display 2560x1600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2752 of 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

^^^^ Very nice thumb.gif What dye/liquid are you running?

I'm using some generic distilled water, and a silver kill coil. No additives or anything in my loop smile.gif
I am using some MasterKleer UV Dark Green tubing, which came out beautifully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMbi2004 View Post

Looking rly good! Wouldn't mind some more photos though, I wanna be able to see the entire loop smile.gif Also, did you run some temp tests yet? I rly wanna know how that SLI kit is doing with only 360mm of radiator.. the front 240 is push/pull config?
I cant wait till you get your own build log with all the info / pics collected in one place wink.gif

And thanks! I should have a build log documented some time this weekend, just depends on how crazy everything gets.
I did run some temp tests, I'm running a push/pull on my front 240mm, and just a pull on the back 120mm (I ran out of longer screws for the smaller rad, need to make a trip to Lowes). With my 3770K at 4.5ghz and at 1.31v, I'm sitting at about 35C idle, and about 45C on load. My GPU's have a slight overclock through the EVGA Precision tool, and those sit at 30C and 27C, and on load bump up to 40C each or so.
I'm using Cougar Vortex fans on a controller, and the front push/pull is running at about 60%, and the 1 back fan running at about 75%. All of these temps, too, are with the case all opened up, for leak testing. I'm sure I can get slightly better temps when I close up the case and get some screws for that last fan.
post #2753 of 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxty View Post

Its mounted on the rails that the panels latch onto if that makes sense, i thought that would be better than me making my own and having the job of fixing them onto the panels which i didnt want tongue.gif I went for one metre and it does the back, right and front. Two metres would be nice but its bright enough without being too obvious and i'd have had more than i'd know what to do with. Pics below, i layed the windowed one on the mesh one and its exactly the same dimensions in everyway thumb.gif

Dont you find them to be a little too dim? i had a 1 meter and found it was being overpowered by my blue led fans so i went ahead and bought some SMD LEDs and mounted them all the way round the inside edge on sets of three with regular spacing. now the colours look right
AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2754 of 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthenshaw View Post

Dont you find them to be a little too dim? i had a 1 meter and found it was being overpowered by my blue led fans so i went ahead and bought some SMD LEDs and mounted them all the way round the inside edge on sets of three with regular spacing. now the colours look right

They aren't the brightest thing in the world no, but i've had bright LED's in my old case and i kind of got bored of them tongue.gif I just like them to glow slightly so i can look inside and have a looksee.
Geoff
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
Arc
(18 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790 MSI Z87I AC mITX Motherboard Zotac GeForce GTX970 2GB TITAN Cooler Kingston Fury 8GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Arc 100 240GB Kingston V200 128GB Western Digital Green 2TB Raijintek Aidos 92mm Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 23EA63 CM Storm Quickfire TK EVGA SuperNOVA GS550 Fully Modular 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D CM Storm Xornet Bose Companion 3 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-4278U Intel Iris Graphics 5100 Apple 8GB Memory Apple 128GB Flash Storage 
OSMonitor
Apple OS X 10.10.3 Apple Retina Display 2560x1600 
  hide details  
Reply
Geoff
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
Arc
(18 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790 MSI Z87I AC mITX Motherboard Zotac GeForce GTX970 2GB TITAN Cooler Kingston Fury 8GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Arc 100 240GB Kingston V200 128GB Western Digital Green 2TB Raijintek Aidos 92mm Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 23EA63 CM Storm Quickfire TK EVGA SuperNOVA GS550 Fully Modular 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D CM Storm Xornet Bose Companion 3 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-4278U Intel Iris Graphics 5100 Apple 8GB Memory Apple 128GB Flash Storage 
OSMonitor
Apple OS X 10.10.3 Apple Retina Display 2560x1600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2755 of 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid-The-Roach View Post

I'm using some generic distilled water, and a silver kill coil. No additives or anything in my loop smile.gif
I am using some MasterKleer UV Dark Green tubing, which came out beautifully.

And thanks! I should have a build log documented some time this weekend, just depends on how crazy everything gets.
I did run some temp tests, I'm running a push/pull on my front 240mm, and just a pull on the back 120mm (I ran out of longer screws for the smaller rad, need to make a trip to Lowes). With my 3770K at 4.5ghz and at 1.31v, I'm sitting at about 35C idle, and about 45C on load. My GPU's have a slight overclock through the EVGA Precision tool, and those sit at 30C and 27C, and on load bump up to 40C each or so.
I'm using Cougar Vortex fans on a controller, and the front push/pull is running at about 60%, and the 1 back fan running at about 75%. All of these temps, too, are with the case all opened up, for leak testing. I'm sure I can get slightly better temps when I close up the case and get some screws for that last fan.

That is insane! Those temps are awesome! didn't think 360mm of rad would be enough..
Too bad I haven't got my window top panel yet, I might fry my PC after this info drool.gif lol.
I assume that the temps was with fans at 60% and 75% ?
How did you test load temps? gaming or ? and for how long? I'm interested in temp after prolonged load, CPU and 2xGPU at the same time smile.gif (an hour or so should be sufficient)
what rads are you using? sorry if I missed it in earlier post..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxty View Post

They aren't the brightest thing in the world no, but i've had bright LED's in my old case and i kind of got bored of them tongue.gif I just like them to glow slightly so i can look inside and have a looksee.

agree.. im not going for anything too bight ether ^_^ but I think I will go for the 2 meter version since it is only 25% extra..
Thx for the pic's and info!
 
My Old Machine
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Haswell i5 4670K @ 4.6GHz MSI Z87-GD65 Gamer EVGA GTX780 SC ACX + XSPC Razor Corsair Dominator 2 x 8 GB 1866 MHz CL9 1.5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Series 120 GB Samsung 840Pro Series 256 GB Custom Loop (See Build Log) Win7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster P2350 Logitech G710+ Corsair AX760 CoolerMaster HAF XB 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G5 Func 1030XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Core 2 Quad 65nm MSI P35 Platinum XFX GTX275 Core Edition OcZ Dual ch PC6400 4GB kit 
Hard DriveOSPower
1TB Sata 2 Windows 7, Ultimate - 64 bit TT Toughpower 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
 
My Old Machine
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Haswell i5 4670K @ 4.6GHz MSI Z87-GD65 Gamer EVGA GTX780 SC ACX + XSPC Razor Corsair Dominator 2 x 8 GB 1866 MHz CL9 1.5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Series 120 GB Samsung 840Pro Series 256 GB Custom Loop (See Build Log) Win7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster P2350 Logitech G710+ Corsair AX760 CoolerMaster HAF XB 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G5 Func 1030XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Core 2 Quad 65nm MSI P35 Platinum XFX GTX275 Core Edition OcZ Dual ch PC6400 4GB kit 
Hard DriveOSPower
1TB Sata 2 Windows 7, Ultimate - 64 bit TT Toughpower 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2756 of 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxty View Post

They aren't the brightest thing in the world no, but i've had bright LED's in my old case and i kind of got bored of them tongue.gif I just like them to glow slightly so i can look inside and have a looksee.

In essence they aren't too bright, which is why i spaced them out and used less, to reduce the light.

AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2757 of 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMbi2004 View Post

That is insane! Those temps are awesome! didn't think 360mm of rad would be enough..
Too bad I haven't got my window top panel yet, I might fry my PC after this info drool.gif lol.
I assume that the temps was with fans at 60% and 75% ?
How did you test load temps? gaming or ? and for how long? I'm interested in temp after prolonged load, CPU and 2xGPU at the same time smile.gif (an hour or so should be sufficient)
what rads are you using? sorry if I missed it in earlier post..

Yes sir, those temps were with those fan speeds. And load temps were with Unigen Valley, ArmA III on Highest both running, using Handbrake on a movie, iTunes playing music, and a few other utilities open at the same time. I feel like that's a good way to test load, and if that isn't I don't know what is, biggrin.gif
I turned off Valley after it finished for better FPS in ArmA, but it was running for about 2 hours, so it's doing better than I even expected.
Rads are a Magicool 240mm Slim and a EK XT 120mm. I'll have full details on my build log when I get that going.
post #2758 of 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthenshaw View Post

In essence they aren't too bright, which is why i spaced them out and used less, to reduce the light.


Oh i see i'm being slow today haha! I think i went for the NZXT ones because i was unsure the white would be a good bet and at a cheap price i took the plunge but i'll definitely be experimenting soon...the amount of awesome stuff here i've got some ideas tongue.gif
Geoff
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
Arc
(18 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790 MSI Z87I AC mITX Motherboard Zotac GeForce GTX970 2GB TITAN Cooler Kingston Fury 8GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Arc 100 240GB Kingston V200 128GB Western Digital Green 2TB Raijintek Aidos 92mm Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 23EA63 CM Storm Quickfire TK EVGA SuperNOVA GS550 Fully Modular 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D CM Storm Xornet Bose Companion 3 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-4278U Intel Iris Graphics 5100 Apple 8GB Memory Apple 128GB Flash Storage 
OSMonitor
Apple OS X 10.10.3 Apple Retina Display 2560x1600 
  hide details  
Reply
Geoff
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
Arc
(18 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790 MSI Z87I AC mITX Motherboard Zotac GeForce GTX970 2GB TITAN Cooler Kingston Fury 8GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Arc 100 240GB Kingston V200 128GB Western Digital Green 2TB Raijintek Aidos 92mm Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 23EA63 CM Storm Quickfire TK EVGA SuperNOVA GS550 Fully Modular 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D CM Storm Xornet Bose Companion 3 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-4278U Intel Iris Graphics 5100 Apple 8GB Memory Apple 128GB Flash Storage 
OSMonitor
Apple OS X 10.10.3 Apple Retina Display 2560x1600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2759 of 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid-The-Roach View Post

Yes sir, those temps were with those fan speeds. And load temps were with Unigen Valley, ArmA III on Highest both running, using Handbrake on a movie, iTunes playing music, and a few other utilities open at the same time. I feel like that's a good way to test load, and if that isn't I don't know what is, biggrin.gif
I turned off Valley after it finished for better FPS in ArmA, but it was running for about 2 hours, so it's doing better than I even expected.
Rads are a Magicool 240mm Slim and a EK XT 120mm. I'll have full details on my build log when I get that going.

That is so cool m8.. just the info I needed ^^ seams like the same setup I have.. guessing (always knew) my q6600 or my motherboard is defective and produces a lot of heat.. it is good for now, but hoping temps will drop once I get my new haswell build!
I just ordered the light and a window top biggrin.gif
was about to make my own window top.. it probably would have looked a bit cooler (bigger window, flat top) but it would cost me more then an original windowed top panel + a lot of work frown.gif so ended up buying the CM version whistle.gif
 
My Old Machine
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Haswell i5 4670K @ 4.6GHz MSI Z87-GD65 Gamer EVGA GTX780 SC ACX + XSPC Razor Corsair Dominator 2 x 8 GB 1866 MHz CL9 1.5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Series 120 GB Samsung 840Pro Series 256 GB Custom Loop (See Build Log) Win7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster P2350 Logitech G710+ Corsair AX760 CoolerMaster HAF XB 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G5 Func 1030XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Core 2 Quad 65nm MSI P35 Platinum XFX GTX275 Core Edition OcZ Dual ch PC6400 4GB kit 
Hard DriveOSPower
1TB Sata 2 Windows 7, Ultimate - 64 bit TT Toughpower 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
 
My Old Machine
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Haswell i5 4670K @ 4.6GHz MSI Z87-GD65 Gamer EVGA GTX780 SC ACX + XSPC Razor Corsair Dominator 2 x 8 GB 1866 MHz CL9 1.5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Series 120 GB Samsung 840Pro Series 256 GB Custom Loop (See Build Log) Win7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster P2350 Logitech G710+ Corsair AX760 CoolerMaster HAF XB 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G5 Func 1030XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Core 2 Quad 65nm MSI P35 Platinum XFX GTX275 Core Edition OcZ Dual ch PC6400 4GB kit 
Hard DriveOSPower
1TB Sata 2 Windows 7, Ultimate - 64 bit TT Toughpower 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2760 of 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMbi2004 View Post

That is so cool m8.. just the info I needed ^^ seams like the same setup I have.. guessing (always knew) my q6600 or my motherboard is defective and produces a lot of heat.. it is good for now, but hoping temps will drop once I get my new haswell build!
I just ordered the light and a window top biggrin.gif
was about to make my own window top.. it probably would have looked a bit cooler (bigger window, flat top) but it would cost me more then an original windowed top panel + a lot of work frown.gif so ended up buying the CM version whistle.gif

I bought the windowed top, and since I've never used a dremel before, or did some modding other than drilling a few holes, I'm going to butcher the old mesh top and see if I can make a flat window on top.

Since we are all on the subject of lighting, does anyone have some good suggestions for some UV lighting?? I'd like to avoid using those big ol' inverters if possible, and I've heard that LED's aren't exactly UV, and just basically purple. Ideally, I'd use one of those old Sun sticks, but they stopped making those.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club!