Originally Posted by CptAsian
With the setup you have, a 200mm fan won't be necessary. It will make little to no difference with the graphics card you are using, and could actually ruin airflow, raising temperatures. However, I am using a Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm fan because of my 7990 which pumps out huge amounts of hot air.
The only decent coolers that would fit under the 200mm fan would probably be closed loop coolers, such as the H80i you mentioned. However, air cooling without a top fan would be considerably cheaper, and it might work just fine depending on if you are overclocking and your current temperatures. Speaking of which, what cooler are you using right now?
If you went with a top exhaust fan, I would use the H80i as an intake to use some fresh air that could be pushed out of the case through the top. If you don't use a top fan, I would suggest using the H80i fans to exhaust hot air, as there would be no other exhaust fans.
My configuration is new and I have not completed all the parts. There are missing CPU with CPU Cooler and SSD, but in a couple of days I will have all parts completed and ready to mount. So I would like to use your experience, because I don't know, which CPU Cooler to use in such configuration. If I would not use 200mm, there will be plenty of dust in my case I suppose, so the idea was to use one. I live in Poland and here are only mesh versions of HAF XB EVO and when I look at Cooler Master official shop, there is no longer option to choose version with window. I have few more question, if you don't mind, I mean:
1. I would like to change Cooler Master 2x120mm fans for 2x140mm, will they fit with no problems with EVO version?
2. If 1 is correct, so which 140mm do you prefer to be silent and with very good performance to cold inside of the case with good airflow? I thought about some Noctua 140mm PWM.
3. Also I would like to add 1x120mm fan to rear of the case, when I will use Air Cooler for my CPU. What do you recommend for such fan?
4. I have got 3x SYS_FAN 4 pin and 2x CPU_FAN 4 pin PWM, what do you say for Noctua NH-U14S or be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim for CPU Cooler? Maybe other, but I prefer to have smaller CPU Cooler, but efficent for i5-4690K with OC (4.2-4.3GHz)?
5. Maybe Noctua NH-C14S for CPU Cooler and 200mm on top and 1x120mm rear fan? How NH-C14S fans should be mounted, to blow air to the CPU socket direction (down to the motherboard) or to pull air from radiator to the top panel direction?
What do you think about replacement for 2x120mm from Cooler Master stock fans in HAF XB EVO to 2x140mm Noctua NF-A14 PWM with parameters:
||2,08 mm H2O
Will they be good as a front case intake fans for ventilation?
The rear exhaust fan will be 1x120mm Noctua NF-S12A PWM with parameters:
||1,19 mm H2O
Will it be good as a rear case exhaust fan for ventilation?
Thank you in advance for your support and help.
Edited by VAMET - 5/21/15 at 1:41am