Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Regarding Gigabyte 7950 Windforce
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Regarding Gigabyte 7950 Windforce

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
I am currently on amd beta 12.11 beta 6 drivers switched back from beta 8. One thing i have noticed when i turn on the computer it takes maybe few seconds for bios asus screen to pop up, on my old asus 6950 it didnt do that, also when i load into a game like black ops, the first game freezes and the app hangs then when i restart the game it works fine.. is there something wrong with this card or it could be the game? Let me know, if i have to go through this sort of issues i might as well return this card look for another brand.


Even when i am running aida64 and it takes few seconds for sensor icons to show up, before it was quick.
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller89 View Post

I am currently on amd beta 12.11 beta 6 drivers switched back from beta 8. One thing i have noticed when i turn on the computer it takes maybe few seconds for bios asus screen to pop up, on my old asus 6950 it didnt do that, also when i load into a game like black ops, the first game freezes and the app hangs then when i restart the game it works fine.. is there something wrong with this card or it could be the game? Let me know, if i have to go through this sort of issues i might as well return this card look for another brand. Even when i am running aida64 and it takes few seconds for sensor icons to show up, before it was quick.

first test your card with Heaven 3.0, 3D Mark 11 , BF3 at stock clocks. monitor core and VRM temps with HWinfo32. if your card is completely stable then you go for further troubleshooting. also do you have the latest cap 12.10 CAP 1. the CAP is for improving game compatibility and performance
with the latest titles.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

first test your card with Heaven 3.0, 3D Mark 11 , BF3 at stock clocks. monitor core and VRM temps with HWinfo32. if your card is completely stable then you go for further troubleshooting. also do you have the latest cap 12.10 CAP 1. the CAP is for improving game compatibility and performance
with the latest titles.
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx




i cant go over 900 clock it gets frozen under heaven and it crashes driver failed error, what voltage should i raise it to?
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller89 View Post

i cant go over 900 clock it gets frozen under heaven and it crashes driver failed error, what voltage should i raise it to?

is your card stable under stock clocks . check heaven,, bf3, 3dmark 11. if these run stable check Black Ops 2. Once all of these are stable if you want go for manual voltage tweaking. first run at 1 Ghz.. increase voltage by 0.05v and test. if its not stable increase voltage and repeat tests till you get stable performance. gigabyte has also released a boost bios (F3 version) for the card with model no GV-R795WF3-3GD which boosts clocks to 1 Ghz . so you could flash the BIOS if you don't want to spend time tweaking voltage and testing.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4121#bios

Edit: gigabyte seems to have removed the F3 bios from its downloads. ask other gigabyte HD 7950 OC users who have the F3 BIOS to upload it for you.
Edited by raghu78 - 11/22/12 at 8:57pm
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Regarding Gigabyte 7950 Windforce