Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › NZD $2512 Gaming Rig - Advice Needed Please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NZD $2512 Gaming Rig - Advice Needed Please - Page 2

post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightman008 View Post

Narwal,
Also would the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO be compatible with i5, because i'm not sure about that area of computer making?
Thanks,
knightman

It is compatible with any current CPU (Except socket 2011) on the market. It's not about the CPU itself anyway, it's about the socket.
Edited by DirektEffekt - 11/24/12 at 8:45pm
My System
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790K 4.8GHz @ 1.306v (Actual) ASUS Maximus VII Gene Gigabyte GTX 780 Galaxy GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
16GB G.Skill Ares (4x4GB @ 1866MHz OC'd to 2133) Samsung 840 Evo 500GB WD Black 2.5" 750GB EK Supremacy EVO Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacool NeXXos UT60 240mm Radiator EK XE 360 Radiator x 2 EK-FC780 GTX Ti Acetal /w Backplate and Reinfor... 8 x EK Vardar F4 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK MOSFET ASUS M7G Acetal Nickel Windows 8 x64 Pro Dell U2711 (2560*1440) Dell P2715q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake Edition Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake Cube X2 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790K 4.8GHz @ 1.306v (Actual) ASUS Maximus VII Gene Gigabyte GTX 780 Galaxy GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
16GB G.Skill Ares (4x4GB @ 1866MHz OC'd to 2133) Samsung 840 Evo 500GB WD Black 2.5" 750GB EK Supremacy EVO Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacool NeXXos UT60 240mm Radiator EK XE 360 Radiator x 2 EK-FC780 GTX Ti Acetal /w Backplate and Reinfor... 8 x EK Vardar F4 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK MOSFET ASUS M7G Acetal Nickel Windows 8 x64 Pro Dell U2711 (2560*1440) Dell P2715q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake Edition Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake Cube X2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 
This is my gaming rig now that I have changed it. If you think I should change something or have found something cheaper with free shipping or cheaper combined price with normal price and shipping price, then that would be awesome! Please don't forget that all of this is in New Zealand Dollars. Thanks!

CPU: Intel i753570k 3.4 Ghz Price: $315 NZD
Ram: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600 Price: $159 NZD
Motherboard: Asus Z77 Crossfire Wifi Price: $279 NZD
Case: NZXT Phantom Price: $249 NZD
PSU: Seasonic 650W: $179 NZD
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Price: $135 NZD
SSD: Intel 60GB SATA 3 Price: $89 NZD
Graphics Card: Raedon 7870 2GB Price: $349 NZD
DVD-ROM: LG 12x BLU-RAY COMBO Price: $109 NZD
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 Price or CM Hyper 212 EVO: $129 or 59 NZD
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS 5.1 Price: $43 NZD
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium Price: $159 NZD
Monitor: AOC LED 1080p 2ms Price: $229 NZD
Total $2512.2 NZD

As you can see with the CPU Water cooling I am a bit confused on which one is better, as people have been telling me that the cooler master psu's are dodgy, but then they are telling me to get the water cooling from them. If it works very well then I was wondering if the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO has easy install like the Corsair H60 does?
Any input would be awesome!

Thanks,

Knightman
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightman008 View Post

This is my gaming rig now that I have changed it. If you think I should change something or have found something cheaper with free shipping or cheaper combined price with normal price and shipping price, then that would be awesome! Please don't forget that all of this is in New Zealand Dollars. Thanks!
CPU: Intel i753570k 3.4 Ghz Price: $315 NZD
Ram: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600 Price: $159 NZD
Motherboard: Asus Z77 Crossfire Wifi Price: $279 NZD
Case: NZXT Phantom Price: $249 NZD
PSU: Seasonic 650W: $179 NZD
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Price: $135 NZD
SSD: Intel 60GB SATA 3 Price: $89 NZD
Graphics Card: Raedon 7870 2GB Price: $349 NZD
DVD-ROM: LG 12x BLU-RAY COMBO Price: $109 NZD
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 Price or CM Hyper 212 EVO: $129 or 59 NZD
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS 5.1 Price: $43 NZD
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium Price: $159 NZD
Monitor: AOC LED 1080p 2ms Price: $229 NZD
Total $2512.2 NZD
As you can see with the CPU Water cooling I am a bit confused on which one is better, as people have been telling me that the cooler master psu's are dodgy, but then they are telling me to get the water cooling from them. If it works very well then I was wondering if the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO has easy install like the Corsair H60 does?
Any input would be awesome!
Thanks,
Knightman

The 212 is not water cooling, it is a tower cooler. Nothing like the H60, but it will be easy to install. It is also considered to be the best price/performance CPU cooler available. While it is true that Coolermaster is not known for good PSUs they make great Cases and the Hyper is very well reviewed and recommended and I really cannot in good conscience tell you to get the H60 when it would cost you so much more than the 212.
My System
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790K 4.8GHz @ 1.306v (Actual) ASUS Maximus VII Gene Gigabyte GTX 780 Galaxy GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
16GB G.Skill Ares (4x4GB @ 1866MHz OC'd to 2133) Samsung 840 Evo 500GB WD Black 2.5" 750GB EK Supremacy EVO Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacool NeXXos UT60 240mm Radiator EK XE 360 Radiator x 2 EK-FC780 GTX Ti Acetal /w Backplate and Reinfor... 8 x EK Vardar F4 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK MOSFET ASUS M7G Acetal Nickel Windows 8 x64 Pro Dell U2711 (2560*1440) Dell P2715q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake Edition Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake Cube X2 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790K 4.8GHz @ 1.306v (Actual) ASUS Maximus VII Gene Gigabyte GTX 780 Galaxy GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
16GB G.Skill Ares (4x4GB @ 1866MHz OC'd to 2133) Samsung 840 Evo 500GB WD Black 2.5" 750GB EK Supremacy EVO Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacool NeXXos UT60 240mm Radiator EK XE 360 Radiator x 2 EK-FC780 GTX Ti Acetal /w Backplate and Reinfor... 8 x EK Vardar F4 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK MOSFET ASUS M7G Acetal Nickel Windows 8 x64 Pro Dell U2711 (2560*1440) Dell P2715q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake Edition Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake Cube X2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirektEffekt View Post

It is compatible with any current CPU on the market. It's not about the CPU itself anyway, it's about the socket.

Thank you very much DirektEffekt! Do you know if it is easy to install like the H60, and performs like the H60, because then I will go for the CM Hyper 212 EVO
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightman008 View Post

Thank you very much DirektEffekt! Do you know if it is easy to install like the H60, and performs like the H60, because then I will go for the CM Hyper 212 EVO

I'm not trying to be hard on you, but he answered your question on the installation. He said that it would be easy to install. I know that you are excited about your build but you have to read the answers that people are giving you, so that you can stop asking the same questions. The H60 is way overpriced for the performance it will give you, the 212 EVO is the smarter choice in your situation.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA... ASUS X99-A LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB... EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11GB GDDR... CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DD... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force LS Series CSSD-F240GBLS 2.5" 240G... Corsair Force LS Series CSSD-F240GBLS 2.5" 240G... Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB... Hydro Series™ H110i 280mm Extreme Performance L... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro ASUS ROG MG278Q Black 27" 144 Hz Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboa... CORSAIR HXi 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATI... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 760T CC-9011074-WW Whit... Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse - White Corsair Gaming MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mou... Audioengine A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speaker... 
AudioOtherOther
Corsair Gaming VOID USB RGB Gaming Headset - White CableMod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip RGB Kit - ... CableMod C-Series AXi, HXi & RM Cable Kit - Bla... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA... ASUS X99-A LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB... EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11GB GDDR... CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DD... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force LS Series CSSD-F240GBLS 2.5" 240G... Corsair Force LS Series CSSD-F240GBLS 2.5" 240G... Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB... Hydro Series™ H110i 280mm Extreme Performance L... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro ASUS ROG MG278Q Black 27" 144 Hz Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboa... CORSAIR HXi 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATI... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 760T CC-9011074-WW Whit... Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse - White Corsair Gaming MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mou... Audioengine A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speaker... 
AudioOtherOther
Corsair Gaming VOID USB RGB Gaming Headset - White CableMod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip RGB Kit - ... CableMod C-Series AXi, HXi & RM Cable Kit - Bla... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirektEffekt View Post

The 212 is not water cooling, it is a tower cooler. Nothing like the H60, but it will be easy to install. It is also considered to be the best price/performance CPU cooler available. While it is true that Coolermaster is not known for good PSUs they make great Cases and the Hyper is very well reviewed and recommended and I really cannot in good conscience tell you to get the H60 when it would cost you so much more than the 212.

But I saw on the website and it said it was water cooling? I'm a bit lost here...
post #17 of 20
Note: I just used CL's prices if I made changes. You probably can find better prices on Playtech, PCForce. You can also ask for a quote for slightly cheaper prices.

CPU: i5 3570K Price: $315
Little/No benefit in getting the i7 for gaming. Overclocking is relatively easy, just search up some guides how to. ~4GHz is a very safe bet (more close to 4.5GHz).

Ram: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600 Price: $159
You can change to G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600 $79 if you want to save more money. You can pick up more later if you need it.

Motherboard: Asus Z77 Crossfire Wifi Price: $275
If you need the wifi onboard, you can use that one, if not, you may be able to go cheaper. P8Z77-V I assume?

Case: NZXT Phantom Price: $249 NZD
Case is a good choice in terms of quality. Personal preferences for design.

PSU: Seasonic SS-500ET 500W Price:$119
Coolermaster aren't that well known for making good power supplies, Seasonic and Corsair are better choices. 500W is more than enough for your system.
If you want modular cables (looks neater), a black paint job, better efficiency, go for HX650 for $199.

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Price: $135
No problems here. Some people prefer Western Digital, but Seagate isn't bad either.

SSD: Samsung 128GB Price: $149
You're going to run out of room so fast on only 60GB. I've had a 64GB Vertex 2 SSD, and I ran out pretty quickly with Windows + essential programs.
Go for 120GB+ instead. Samsung 128GB for $149 is what I recommend.

Graphics Card: Asus HD7870 Price: $379
The HD7870, especially with new driver updates is better than the GTX660, and cheaper too.

DVD-ROM: LG 12x BLU-RAY COMBO Price: $109 NZD
No changes.

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212+ or Prolimatech Lynx Price: $59
Those two are about the same in terms of performance (Hyper 212+ slightly better), afaik. Saves a bit of money.
Easy enough to install, follow instructions and done. (Intel pushpins are worse, trust me). This is air cooling, not water cooling. Any gains are not too noticeable, and certainly not worth the extra money you spend.
I have installed a H50 and Hyper 212+ and they are both pretty good, in terms of ease of installation. Not as easy as the Noctua D14 which was very easy (but that's expensive in NZ, and I only saved like 5 minutes).

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS 5.1 Price: $43 NZD
Don't know enough to comment on this.

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium Price: $159 NZD (or Windows 8, same price)
Maybe Windows 8? Metro is easily skippable with a few tweaks, and the improvements (like Task Manager, copying) are pretty good.

Monitor: Dell U2412M IPS Price:$425
If you can stretch your budget for this a bit, I recommend the Dell IPS monitors, which are excellent quality, nice viewing angles as well.
You can probably save a bit by using the Dell website with a coupon (hint: educational discount).

Total $2496
(Didn't end up saving much, but you probably can find better prices, and they are better quality components)


Summary of changes for your use:
Similar CPU speed (not noticeable), better reliability (due to better power supply), more space for the OS and programs (due to +68GB SSD space), better framerates (better graphics card), similar temperatures (overclocks to 4.5GHz with overheating very unlikely), better viewing experience (due to better monitor).
Edited by Kotomi - 11/24/12 at 9:44pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshuman View Post

I'm not trying to be hard on you, but he answered your question on the installation. He said that it would be easy to install. I know that you are excited about your build but you have to read the answers that people are giving you, so that you can stop asking the same questions. The H60 is way overpriced for the performance it will give you, the 212 EVO is the smarter choice in your situation.

Thanks, but I never saw anything on him saying it was easy to install, in fact we weren't even talking about how easy it was to install until i mentioned it, and he said it would work with any cpu, but that doesn't mean it's easy to install..
post #19 of 20
Thread Starter 
Guys do think if the cm hyper 212 would keep that computer setup cool enough to work.
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightman008 View Post

Guys do think if the cm hyper 212 would keep that computer setup cool enough to work.

do not go cheap with the cooler on an ivy. get the H80 or H100.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Processor Discussions
Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › NZD $2512 Gaming Rig - Advice Needed Please