Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 660 (NON TI) Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] GTX 660 (NON TI) Owners Club. - Page 229

post #2281 of 6756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

true I was just saying you can't see the difference and my TV would be the PlayStation 3d 1080p 240hz I found it own the side of the road just because it wouldn't turned on I reset it and it worked LOL.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

An old example of differences on consoles was a game called project gotham racing the original one on the first xbox, when they releaed Project gotham racing 2 they cut the frames from 60 to 30. There was big difference in how fluid the game was. This was on the old Tubes also. I know not relevant to computers, but just an example where you could tell a difference.
post #2282 of 6756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtylarry86 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

true I was just saying you can't see the difference and my TV would be the PlayStation 3d 1080p 240hz I found it own the side of the road just because it wouldn't turned on I reset it and it worked LOL.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

An old example of differences on consoles was a game called project gotham racing the original one on the first xbox, when they releaed Project gotham racing 2 they cut the frames from 60 to 30. There was big difference in how fluid the game was. This was on the old Tubes also. I know not relevant to computers, but just an example where you could tell a difference.
I can see how it would affect a racing game big time hah

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
post #2283 of 6756
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

I have a 240hz 3d 24inch. OK maybe my statement is wrong but over 60fps I mean common whose really gonna notice a difference? Nobody I'm sorry but I enjoy the game not stating at the screen moving my player back and forth to see I see a slight bump and get mad and upgrade my graphics card and I can assure you I'm not a console gamer I don't have one I'm 15 and built a PC without any help at all didn't post a thread. Because my opinion is if you find building a computer and you claim your a expert well this isn't your field. And my eye sight is just find don't even wear glasses I got 20/20 vision and I don't see a difference above 60fos because I'm actually playing the game.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

that should be , "Whose really gonna notice a difference? NOT MET AT LEAST" tongue.gif

Because i know i do... and he does too...




You use a TV, so that explains it tongue.gif... TV's are not Monitors. You should read up more about your "True Motion" TV and learn what they actually mean by 240hz.. Because from what i know, your TV does not output 240 FPS.... The video below can also give you an idea of 144hz Vs 60Hz

ICE Evolution
(30 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI KRAIT Edition LGA2011-v3 MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
HyperX 16Gb DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 WD 500GB Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC ... Seagate 500GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liqui... Corsair SP 120 (x10) Thermaltake Riing 120 RGB (x6) XSPC Photon 270 Tube Reservoir Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel - Plexi PrimoChill 1/2in Rigid PETG Tubing - 36in - Clear  Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting 3/8" x 1/2" ... Hardwarelabs Sr1 480mm Radiator (x3) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
D5 PWM PUMP (x2) Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Deluxe White... Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top (Acrylic Version) - U... Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer B326HK 32" 4K IPS Corsair k70 RGB EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Cyborg R.A.T 5 Gaming Mouse Xtrac Pad Ripper Mousepad Logitech z623 200w sub woofer Logitech G35 
OtherOther
Logitech c920 1080p Hd webcam Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor Lenovo NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB  8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Series120GB SATA III MLC... 1TB 5400RPM (Storage) Blu-ray/DVD-RW Cm X-Slim 
OSMonitorKeyboardAudio
Windows 8 pro 15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080 Backlit Keyboard JBL speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
ICE Evolution
(30 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI KRAIT Edition LGA2011-v3 MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
HyperX 16Gb DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 WD 500GB Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC ... Seagate 500GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liqui... Corsair SP 120 (x10) Thermaltake Riing 120 RGB (x6) XSPC Photon 270 Tube Reservoir Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel - Plexi PrimoChill 1/2in Rigid PETG Tubing - 36in - Clear  Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting 3/8" x 1/2" ... Hardwarelabs Sr1 480mm Radiator (x3) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
D5 PWM PUMP (x2) Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Deluxe White... Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top (Acrylic Version) - U... Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer B326HK 32" 4K IPS Corsair k70 RGB EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Cyborg R.A.T 5 Gaming Mouse Xtrac Pad Ripper Mousepad Logitech z623 200w sub woofer Logitech G35 
OtherOther
Logitech c920 1080p Hd webcam Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor Lenovo NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB  8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Series120GB SATA III MLC... 1TB 5400RPM (Storage) Blu-ray/DVD-RW Cm X-Slim 
OSMonitorKeyboardAudio
Windows 8 pro 15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080 Backlit Keyboard JBL speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2284 of 6756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungbenny911 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

I have a 240hz 3d 24inch. OK maybe my statement is wrong but over 60fps I mean common whose really gonna notice a difference? Nobody I'm sorry but I enjoy the game not stating at the screen moving my player back and forth to see I see a slight bump and get mad and upgrade my graphics card and I can assure you I'm not a console gamer I don't have one I'm 15 and built a PC without any help at all didn't post a thread. Because my opinion is if you find building a computer and you claim your a expert well this isn't your field. And my eye sight is just find don't even wear glasses I got 20/20 vision and I don't see a difference above 60fos because I'm actually playing the game.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

that should be , "Whose really gonna notice a difference? NOT MET AT LEAST" tongue.gif

Because i know i do... and he does too...




You use a TV, so that explains it tongue.gif... TV's are not Monitors. You should read up more about your "True Motion" TV and learn what they actually mean by 240hz.. Because from what i know, your TV does not output 240 FPS.... The video below can also give you an idea of 144hz Vs 60Hz

its is a monitor I just call it a TV rolleyes.gif it outputs true 240hz from what I read.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
post #2285 of 6756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

its is a monitor I just call it a TV rolleyes.gif it outputs true 240hz from what I read.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

What cable do you use to connect it?
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2286 of 6756
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66racer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

its is a monitor I just call it a TV rolleyes.gif it outputs true 240hz from what I read.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

What cable do you use to connect it?
HDMI 1.4 with Ethernet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
post #2287 of 6756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

HDMI 1.4 with Ethernet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I believe that proves it is not a true hardware 240hz. I think HDMI 2.0 might be the first to be able to to 1080 at 120hz but from what I understand currently you need display port or dvi-d dual link (how I get 120hz) to do it. TVs do their upconverting with software so you might actually be getting a smoother than 60hz, but its software and not hardware.
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2288 of 6756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

its is a monitor I just call it a TV rolleyes.gif it outputs true 240hz from what I read.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

You read wrong. Nothing does true 240hz. Nothing does 1080p 120hz via HDMI either because it's not possible.
Derptron 9000
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820k @ 4.5/3.7 ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 EVGA GTX 1070 FE SLI 4x4gb Ballistix Sport @ DDR2933 15-15-15-36 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 750 400GB XSPC RayStorm Windows 10 x64 Wasabi Mango UHD400 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition EVGA Supernova 1000P Corsair 330R Blackout Corsair Vengeance M60 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Control Gungnir DS/Ragnarok/HE-560 
  hide details  
Reply
Derptron 9000
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820k @ 4.5/3.7 ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 EVGA GTX 1070 FE SLI 4x4gb Ballistix Sport @ DDR2933 15-15-15-36 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 750 400GB XSPC RayStorm Windows 10 x64 Wasabi Mango UHD400 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition EVGA Supernova 1000P Corsair 330R Blackout Corsair Vengeance M60 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Control Gungnir DS/Ragnarok/HE-560 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2289 of 6756
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewlazer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

its is a monitor I just call it a TV rolleyes.gif it outputs true 240hz from what I read.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

You read wrong. Nothing does true 240hz. Nothing does 1080p 120hz via HDMI either because it's not possible.
HDMI 1.4 and up can carry speeds all the way up to 240hz easy rolleyes.gif and this isn't a opinion its a fact look on the HDMI webpage.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
post #2290 of 6756
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66racer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

HDMI 1.4 with Ethernet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I believe that proves it is not a true hardware 240hz. I think HDMI 2.0 might be the first to be able to to 1080 at 120hz but from what I understand currently you need display port or dvi-d dual link (how I get 120hz) to do it. TVs do their upconverting with software so you might actually be getting a smoother than 60hz, but its software and not hardware.
ahh thank you I had no idea that was much more informative than the other guy who didn't even bother to read a HDMI cable is able to carry up to 240hz rolleyes.gif

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 660 (NON TI) Owners Club.