Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 660 (NON TI) Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] GTX 660 (NON TI) Owners Club. - Page 298

post #2971 of 6755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark71 View Post

Reviews i have seen, the 660sli beats a single 680, or did you mean 780?
But you need a cpu power too, to get all the juices out.

I meant 680 sli and 770 sli, just worded it wrong I guess. Yeah, 660 Sli is a good 20-30% better than a single 680.
MAIN-RIG
(24 items)
 
SIM-RIG
(24 items)
 
OLD-RIG
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
MAIN-RIG
(24 items)
 
SIM-RIG
(24 items)
 
OLD-RIG
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2972 of 6755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc79 View Post

I meant 680 sli and 770 sli, just worded it wrong I guess. Yeah, 660 Sli is a good 20-30% better than a single 680.

The other guys didn't get your meaning, you were comparing: 660 SLI vs 770 SLI vs 680 SLI. While I get your meaning, I do not get your comparison. 660 SLI performance for the value is still vastly superior. I, for one, run BF3 at 1080p on ultra locked at 75Hz consistently, and about 95fps+ uncapped on 64 player maps. Mind you, I got my 2x cards at about $240 value.
post #2973 of 6755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

The other guys didn't get your meaning, you were comparing: 660 SLI vs 770 SLI vs 680 SLI. While I get your meaning, I do not get your comparison. 660 SLI performance for the value is still vastly superior. I, for one, run BF3 at 1080p on ultra locked at 75Hz consistently, and about 95fps+ uncapped on 64 player maps. Mind you, I got my 2x cards at about $240 value.

Wow... that's mighty enticing. That's the kind of performance I'd like to see. I get them for well under 200 now, and I have one already. Only paid 170.00 for it. This is looking like the way to go. I've heard that they have higher performance than even a Titan too.

Do you notice micro-stutter much? I saw it on an ATI rig and it was horrible. Haven't' witnessed it on SLI yet, not since they've really worked things out for SLI anyway.
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #2974 of 6755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

The other guys didn't get your meaning, you were comparing: 660 SLI vs 770 SLI vs 680 SLI. While I get your meaning, I do not get your comparison. 660 SLI performance for the value is still vastly superior. I, for one, run BF3 at 1080p on ultra locked at 75Hz consistently, and about 95fps+ uncapped on 64 player maps. Mind you, I got my 2x cards at about $240 value.

You're absolutely right that for the value you get great performance. I spent less than 370$ for both cards and they were brand new. I know that comparing it to 770's or 680's is pointless , but I have a friend with 2 x Evga ACX 770's and the difference in games is substantial, he has the same cpu and monitor as me, except ofcourse the two 770's.
MAIN-RIG
(24 items)
 
SIM-RIG
(24 items)
 
OLD-RIG
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
MAIN-RIG
(24 items)
 
SIM-RIG
(24 items)
 
OLD-RIG
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2975 of 6755
Newegg has a regular evga gtx 660 for 170 after rebate, if anyone is interested.
post #2976 of 6755
I need the ASUS DCii, if only...
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #2977 of 6755
I wish I would have bought an Asus, my evga gets hotter than I like and it sounds like a mini turbine engine.
post #2978 of 6755
As a competitive gamer and still being a student, a 660 in SLI was the best way to go. I at least have the option to run games at 120fps, without any issue. I often play BF3 on ESL VS, and always have my graphic settings turned to low, and with v-sync turned off. I can maintain about 130-140fps, with occasional dips to 119-120fps, which really helps for competitive gaming. Point is, if you're looking for great performance to price, the 660-SLI is rather ideal!
Evolution
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570k MSI Z77 M-Power MSI GTX660-TFII OC Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11B 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80i Win 8 64-bit Iiyama G2773HS Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750M Antec One Value Gaming Logitech G700 and Logitech G5 Steelseries Qck-Small 
Audio
Logitech G51 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
Evolution
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570k MSI Z77 M-Power MSI GTX660-TFII OC Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11B 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80i Win 8 64-bit Iiyama G2773HS Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750M Antec One Value Gaming Logitech G700 and Logitech G5 Steelseries Qck-Small 
Audio
Logitech G51 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2979 of 6755
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

Wow... that's mighty enticing. That's the kind of performance I'd like to see. I get them for well under 200 now, and I have one already. Only paid 170.00 for it. This is looking like the way to go. I've heard that they have higher performance than even a Titan too.

Do you notice micro-stutter much? I saw it on an ATI rig and it was horrible. Haven't' witnessed it on SLI yet, not since they've really worked things out for SLI anyway.

Yes I have seen microstutter in Metro 2033 on max DX11 at 1080p in particular areas. FPS was between 40-50 as it was happening. Most likely it was due to the 192bit bus bottlenecking. Never seen it anywhere else though, even BF3.

Edit: BTW $240 was total for both my cards fresh from newegg.
Edited by mouacyk - 9/27/13 at 12:27pm
post #2980 of 6755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

Yes I have seen microstutter in Metro 2033 on max DX11 at 1080p in particular areas. FPS was between 40-50 as it was happening. Most likely it was due to the 192bit bus bottlenecking. Never seen it anywhere else though, even BF3.

Edit: BTW $240 was total for both my cards fresh from newegg.

What? $240 for both cards?

When?

individually or cummulative?
     
Reply
     
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 660 (NON TI) Owners Club.